The Daily Life Of Lars And Sa...

By DaviannaCora

This is from a Steven Universe Episode. The Tiger one. More

The Daily Life Of Lars And Sadie
Chap.2: The problem with Steven
Chap.3: Highschool
Chap.4: Birthdays
Chap.5: Fortunate (First meeting)
AUTHOR'S NOTE

Chap.1: Morning shift

1.5K 31 3
By DaviannaCora

In a rather nice house in a more calm and peaceful area, not too far from Beach City, was the home of Sadie. She lived in that house with her mother, having not seen her father in almost fifteen years. It wasn't that he had walked out on her and her mother, or anything, but when her parents divorced he seemed to disappear. Though it didn't bother Sadie too much, she never did get to know him because of all his "business trips". ANYWAY!!

The house was clean and well taken care of with no trash or dust in sight. Her mother and Sadie both hade a tendency to clean whenever they had arguments. Both losing their tempers quickly and both not wanting to continue a pointless argument they cleaned. Sure, Sadie wasn't the violent type and hated arguing with her mother but sometimes it happened. Especially when her mother tried to convince her to quit the Big Donut and work a job that would 'prepare her for the future'. Of course, Sadie ignored her words and continued to work there but, it didn't stop the arguments.

Today was Monday and that meant one thing for dear old Sadie, the morning shift. You see, on certain days of the week Sadie and Lars work the evening shifts and other times they apply for over time. When they get over time instead of staying later they come much earlier and today was their 'overtime'. But, as many know it's easier said then done when it comes to waking up early. Waking up in the morning was difficult for anyone really and Sadie was no different. Her alarm went off once, twice, three times before suddenly her mother was practically banging down her door.

"SADIE!! SAAAADDDIIIEEE!! GET UP THIS INSTANT AND TURN OFF THAT BLASTED ALARM BEFORE I COME IN THERE AND DO IT MYSELF", the voice of her mother bellowed from behind the door.

A typical way for the two to start the morning up. The banging made her sigh as she sat up, knowing she couldn't ignore her mother long. Her mother was a very determined person by nature and a very violent person in the morning, not the best combination really. Sadie also knew that it was inevitable for her to turn off the alarm and that she would have to wake up, she had to get to work. Without a car it was hard getting there and Sadie hated the thought of being late. Sadie sat up and stretched, groaning at the small cracks and pops she hears. Her hand then slams down on her alarm, silencing the constant beeping and shrieking of it.

"ALRIGHT MOM! I'M UP! JUST GO BACK TO BED, OKAY", Sadie hollered back through the door, rubbing her hand slightly remembering how hard her alarm was.

Sadie waited a few moments before hearing her mother speak up once more ,"Fine, just turn the volume down next time! We don't need to be waking the neighbors again. We definitely don't need anymore complaints from them either."

The sound of footsteps moving away from her door made Sadie smile to herself, shaking her head at her mother. The only reason that the neighbors complained last time about being woken up was because of her yelling. Yelling was the norm for Sadie's mother and even after six years beside them her neighbors never seemed to get over the fact. She was such a loud and easily annoyed person, it made many people wonder how Sadie could be so subdued at times.

Anyone would see that Sadie didn't have the typical teenage room. It was clean and organized with two computers in her room, two filing cabinets, and a bookcase for her studies. No posters or pictures hung on the wall -though she kept a few by her computers-, no stickers, and she never made a move to put any on. Anyone would look at the room and say that she was a total nerd. But she wasn't a nerd and she wasn't a slacker either. Sadie worked hard and did it all with a smile.

Sadie got up and walked to the closet, quickly changing into a pair of comfortable jeans, a pale pink tank top, a short sleeve blue shirt, her new blue sneakers, and her coat. It may have been summer but being at Beach City enough Sadie knew she needed to be cautious of any harsh sea breezes.

After brushing her hair of all knots she hurried to the kitchen and made herself some toast. Quickly she rushed from the house, eating the toast as she hurried to the usual path she took. Without a car she had to leave early walk to Beach City before sprinting to the Big Donut. Her breaths labored as she reached the Big Donut.

Hurriedly looking around she forced herself to calm down, trying to get her breathing normal ,"Looks like I'm on time."

With gasp like breaths she pulled out the key the owner had given her for the morning shift and entered. She pocketed the key as she looked around to do see who was already checked in like herself for the early morning shift. Sadie removed her coat and headed to the back, quickly moving to the employee changing room. The need for sleep caused her to put on her shirt slower then normal and made her usual quick paced trot back behind the counter into a slow walk. As Sadie sat down someone across Beach City was waking up.

------------

On the other side of Beach City there was a rather simple colonial house. That interior of the home was clean and tidy as one could manage when neither of the inhabitants were much for cleaning. There was two overly large bedrooms, two bathrooms, a study, two spare bedrooms, a kitchen, dining room, and a living room. Living in the house was a businessman, who was always busy with work, and his son. On the second floor was a room at the end of the hall and it belonged to that son, Lars.

The room itself was rather clean except for a few stray clothes. A few rock band posters covered the plain, white painted walls and he had only one picture hanging up; one of his mother holding him (at age 3) grinning from a game they had just played. That was the only picture he had hanging or anywhere in his room really. It wasn't that he didn't have any, he just didn't like seeing any other ones. Too many had his mom in them after she had started her 'treatment'.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

"Ugh...noooooo", Lars groaned to himself as he buried his face further into his pillow.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

"God! SHUT UP", he screamed into his pillow as he curled up under the blanket further.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

"OKAY! FINE!! I'M UP! GEEEEZZ", Lars bolted up from his fetal position and threw his blanket aside as he got out of bed.

Slamming his hand onto the clock as he moved to the bathroom was much more difficult then Lars had thought. It always seemed harder when he was half asleep. A growl passes Lars lips as he tries to get the alarm to shut off but his patience was quickly wearing thin. With a small shout Lars shoved the clock off the bed side table before continuing to the bathroom. The soft and continuous beeping reminding him that his father had bought him a special one that would be hard to break. Lars groaned inwardly and cursed himself for breaking this quieter ones that were so easy for him to break.

"Why the heck is my alarm even on? It's only Sun-", just as Lars said that he noticed the calendar that he kept on the bathroom door.

"OH GOD IT'S MONDAY?! REALLY?! SADIE IS GOING TO KILL ME IF THE BOSS DOESN'T", an exasperated groan escapes him as he hurries to freshen up.

When he was done he hurries to his room and pulls on his tight gray jeans, wife beater, beige short sleeve shirt, and his old, no-longer-white sneakers. Lars grabs his coat and pulls it on quickly before almost tripping as he rushed out the door. Moving as fast as he could he hurries down to the bus stops.

Lars also didn't have a car and often took a bus, the only bus they had in their stupid town, to get close to the Big Donut. As usual he sat in the back with his foot tapping quickly, knowing he had to keep that job! If he didn't keep it then his father was going to give him some job working as an assistant in his office building. The second the bus stops Lars pushes past whatever woman or man had been standing up and hurries to the Big Donut.

Lars being Lars though, he doesn't book it all the way there because that was something someone who cared did. To Lars image was everything and his 'image' would have been ruined if someone actually saw him caring about something. So he stops at least three stores away and after a minute to catch his breath, he calmly walks to the Big Donut. The once anxious look on Lars' face has disappeared with his 'concern' as a bored look takes its place.

"Hey, I'm here", Lars grumbled loudly, when he doesn't get a reply he looks around curiously for Sadie.

"Sadie? Did she not come in yet or something", Lars wondered aloud as he moved to the back of the shop.

He stopped in his tracks once Sadie's head pops out from behind the corner. Her curly blonde locks bouncing as she seems to just appear in the doorway. She keeps a rather bright grin on her face as she sees the surprises look Lars wears. He grunts in annoyance shakes off his shock and swallows the small screech he held in.

"Hey Lars, looks like you made it on time today", Sadie laughed lightly as she moved from the door way.

Lars watched Sadie as she walked past him to sit on her stool behind the counter. As he surveyed the area he realized that she had already put all the doughnuts into place while he was heading over. A silent sigh of relief passes his lips at not being forced to do it himself as rule dictates in the handbook. Though, Sadie had always been the one to have the doughnuts stalked everyday so he never had the chance to face that punishment. Lars removes his jacket and hurriedly puts on his uniform shirt. Running his fingers through his rather nappy orangish-red curls with one hand, he shoved his jacket into his locker with the other. Quietly, he gives himself a small pep talk to get through the day before he moved hurried to his seat beside Sadie.

"Hey Sadie, I've been wondering something", Lars called out as he poked his head through the door way, copying the move Sadie had done earlier.

"Shoot", Sadie said as she grabbed a clean rag from one of the draws behind the counter; she kept her focus on the counter as she cleaned it.

Lars crosses his arms as he leans against the doorway ,"How do you get here so early if you live so far away? You don't have a car or anything, do you get a ride or something?"

The two of them had been friends for a rather long time, practically from gradeschool and he knew that Sadie had always lived farther than him. She had invited him over a few times and he always had to be picked up by her mother. The car was smaller then the ones his father took for his business trips, painted the strangest shade of teal, and had small dents in odd places. He hadn't seen her mother in a while but he remembered her well.

Lars' remembered her being rather small for most women, about a head and a half taller then how Sadie was now. She was on the thinner side with pale skin that had not a freckle or blemish in sight. Sadie's mom had bright eyes, just like Sadie, with long, dirty blonde locks that waved down her back like a waterfall. They shared the same wide grin of a smile and infectious laughter. Lars remembers they were always close and acted exactly alike with even the very same reactions. Both telling the best jokes and always knowing just what to say to people. It made Lars' jealous sometimes as he compared them to his relationship with his own father.

It made him realize something. Lars had never really had much resemblance to the dark haired, stone wall he sometimes called 'dad'. Lars' father was a very tall, muscular man with a constant blank expression on his face and an infuriatingly, monotone voice. The man was as cold towards both friends and family as much as he was to a stranger he had met off the streets. Never seen without a three piece suit on and always well groomed, the man stood as a figure head. However, no matter how well he dressed the bags under his father's eyes were still dark and heavy from his constant lack of sleep. It was no surprise he was often found away from the man, avoiding him like the plague.

Sadie gives a thoughtful hum before she looks back to him and replies ,"I probably don't admire myself in the mirror for almost an hour."

That made Lars scoff, it was no secret that he could be self-centered at times and often checked himself out. To Lars defense, he believed he was a much better looking guy then any of the popular guys but, he knew he'd never be as cool. Sadie often poked fun of Lars for always admiring his own reflection more than working if he caught it in the glass' reflective glare. It became something she had to do at least once a day to have it feel like a normal day. For Lars, it was just another one of Sadie's stupid jokes that wasn't funny but, he let it slide because she was his closest (only) friend.

"Hey! I do not", he defended himself instantly, though his signature lopsided grin appeared to show he was going along with it.

They both stared at one another for a moment before bursting out laughing, they lean close as if looking for the other to hold them up. This was usually how their morning started, both sharing a good laugh before starting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.1K 2.4K 70
Alastor X Female Reader You and Alastor have been best friends since you were 5 years old. With Alastor being the famous serial killer of your time...
1M 38.4K 90
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
739K 16.6K 45
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.1M 59.6K 37
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...