Betrayed By Fate

By alice-ayuzawa

PREVIOUSLY CALLED "My Coldhearted Beta" Highest Rank #2 in Werewolf (Idk how though) ▪▪▪▪▪ "I , Jake Anderson... More

Author Note
"That smile of yours is haunting me"
Chapter 1 |Wolfsbane
Chapter 2 |Alpha Visitor
Chapter 3 | Escape
Chapter 4 | Jenn
Chapter 5 | Stranger
Chapter 6 | Mate
Chapter 7 | 'Alpha King'
Chapter 8 | Rejection
Chapter 9 | Taunting
Chapter 10 | Awaken
Chapter 11 | Stay
Chapter 12 | Tag Along
Chapter 13 | Jake
Chapter 14 | Aether
Chapter 15 | Shopping
Chapter 16 | Flower
Chapter 17 | Bloodshed
Chapter 18 | "Lily"
Chapter 19 | Confronting
Chapter 20 | Return
Chapter 21 | Past
Chapter 22 | Brother
Chapter 23 | "Netflix And Chill"
Chapter 24 | Lost
Chapter 25 | Seer
Chapter 26 | Memory
Chapter 27 | Heated
Chapter 28 | Apple
Chapter 29 | Arlen
Chapter 30 | Bunny?
Chapter 31 | I Love You
Chapter 32 | Surprise?
Chapter 34 | "Rogue"
Chapter 35 | Prank
Chapter 36 | "Nothing happened"
Chspter 36.5 | Bonus
Chapter 37 | Kiss
Chapter 38 | Luke
Chapter 39 | R.I.P
Chapter 40 | "I won't"
Chapter 41 | Party
Chapter 42 | "Burn it!"
Chapter 43 | Silver
Chapter 44 | Leave
Chapter 45 | "GIVE ME UNICORNS!"
Chapter 46 | Meeting
Chapter 47 | Zaire
Chapter 48 | Punch Me
New book
Chapter 49 | Save her
Characters Magazine [pleeease read]
Chapter 50 | I Will Tell Him
Chapter 51 | Pain
Hi...please don't kill me A/N
Chapter 52 | Goddess
Chapter 53 | Angel
NOTE
Chapter 54 | Time
Chapter 55 | Blood
Chapter 56 | Home
Chapter 57 | "I love you..."
Chapter 58 | Why
Chapter 59 | You Are Lost
Chapter 60 | Smile
Epilogue |1| Brown
Epilogue |2| Babies
Epilogue |3| Story
Epilogue |4| Mystery?
Q&A (and interesting facts )

Chapter 33 | Forest

84.8K 2.4K 483
By alice-ayuzawa

|Screw my pride, here is half the date, you will understand what I mean in the end of the chapter|

***************************

I am standing in the heat of the sumner night, outside of the pack house, in a fancy piece of clothing, with a blindfold on my eyes.

This sounds like the beginning of an exciting night. She winked at me.

I want to strangle that girl right now. My mind is blank, I am scared, excited, and curious at the same time, it is a poisoning mixture of emotion for my heart. And her talking doesn't make the situation better

Hey, I am offended.

You are not, we both know you always talk nonsense.

Not ALWAYS!

I could sense Jenn and Zaire's sister, Leony, on either side of me.

"Where is my idiot of brother doing for so long" Leony stomped around impatiently.

"You won't even let me see myself first?" I asked nervously, they didn't let me even come near a mirror to see how I look like, they could have drawn a clown face on me and I wouldn't know, I don't even know how I look in the dress I chose.

"You look stunning, trust me. If we didn't made sure those hormonal teenagers stayed away from the Central Pack house, you would have been haunted like Pizza in their eyes"
She tsked at the memory of the stress the teenagers cause in the second Pack house.

"It must be hard to maintain them, at least your brothers help you" I tried to start a conversation to distract my heart.

"It would be easier if they weren't there, the kids think they can use them as a shield from me, and those idiot brothers believe their lies and puppy eyes" she huffed.

"Leony, go ring Zaire and ask him what is taking him so long it is already 8:10 PM! And tell him if he isn't here in five minutes, he won't see our bed today"

"Oh you better got a good excuse for this big bro" she laughed and went inside.

"Is the dress really fine?" I began biting my lip, never in my life have I have been so insecure...never in this life at least.

"You are ruining the lipstick by doing this Arian, and you look absolutely gorgeous in the dress, if you two don't come back fully mated, I have my doubt if Jake is straight"

It was hard to choose one dress, I wouldn't have expected Jake to have such a great taste in dresses. The dress I chose from the two, was a silver backless long dress, two lace straps knotted in a small firm bow on the nape of my neck holding the dress in place. It had a deep 'V' cut which was outlined with black shimmering stones adding a sharp contrast to the silky silver, three lace straps around my waist area tightening the material to emphasize the waist and leaving my back with some material to assure no side boob we dont want Jake to go crazy as Leony said, she was kind enough to describe the beauty of the dress to me.

I was banned from combat and sports shoes, the only thing they gave me were black heels which were a hazard to wear, how can you manage to walk with these shoe knifes?

"Heyyyy! I got Zaire!" I could hear Leony shouting, their steps nearing us. She probably went to get him after she talked to him.

Jenn's phone rang as she sighed audibly, "If you were just seconds later, you would have slept on the couch"

"You wouldn't be able to sleelp without me Hazel" Zaire retorted with a cocky undertone which let Jenn growl at him "try me" she said bursting of confidence.

Her hormones are everywhere.

"You...wouldn't" Zaire said now not so sure about himself, I could feel either of them on each side of me.

"Escort Arian, when you come back we can see if I was just bluffing" I could imagine the scary smile on her lips.

she walked away and Zaire mumbled a low sh*t, oh boy you are in deep sh*t, the moon goddess doesn't pair Alphas with incapable Lunas, like she doesn't choose an useless Alpha.

"Here you go big bro" Leony laughed at Zaire throwing him something heavy in his arms, it sounded like a bag?

"You have ten minutes, remember" she walked away giving me quick good luck.

"I WANT TO SEE YOU AT LEAST MARKED WHEN YOU COME BACK!!"  Jenn voice erupted loudly, I am guessing she is shouting from one of the windows.

"If not I will really test Jake if he is gay" she hissed now in a lower voice.

Zaire chuckled amused by his mate's engagement in the situation.

"I was promised things if I do this, I am doing this for Jenn and Jake, I still have you on my radar, and I will get out what you are" I heard russel, I am guessing he threw the bag over his shoulder.

"Take the rope it is attached to the bag, I will not hold your hand to bring you there" he said nonchalantly "and if you walk into something it is not my fault "

"Very gentleman like" what is this situation without my sarcastic comments? I extended my hand waiting for the rope, we started to walk, after a while I could smell the familiar smell of forest grounds, the sound of breaking branches under our steps.

You expect me to walk in heels, ok, but on uneven forest grounds blindfolded, give me a break!

"Will you at least give me a tip on what is waiting for me" my stare wandering around the forest, don't get me wrong, I still can't see, my body is adjusting to my situation and Dahlia also helps, so I can grasp a vague image of my surroundings, by hindering one of my strongest senses, my hearing and smell enhanced plus Dahlia, at least I can make sure I won't fall on my face because I am sure Zaire won't catch me.

His steps stopped "No, Jenn warned me if I tell you anything she will know and I will be kicked out of our room for a week" He sighed fustrated, he clearly would rather be with his mate right now.

"Now I have to deal with the consequences of being late when I come back"  he was not in the best mode I can tell you.

We continued to walk, mind you it is 8 something PM, you can hear distanced howls from wild wolves around the area.

"Thank you" I heard a voice say like a quick whisper, I looked around for anyone who could have said it, forgetting that I still have the blindfold on, it almost sounded like... Zaire?

"There is no one except us here" he said boredly

"From where did I get the honour to be thanked by the Alpha?" I said mockingly, I can't stop myself from provocating him, Alphas get so easily riled up.

He swallowed his growl and kept going, ignoring what I have said "Jen has told me everything that has happened before you two came here in detail, I understand now why you were so defencive back then"

"If you know.. why is Ar- Alpha Arlen still in the Pack house?" It really didn't makes sense, he new that Jenn came from his Pack, and new that she was an Omega.

"She didn't let me" I arched my brow, why would she not let him?

"She was chosen as an Omega by the Pack, Alpha Arlen couldn't change that. She rarely saw him, but he was always respectful to all pack members including the Omegas, at least this is what she had told me. I can't imagine a man which pack has such rumours around them, could be a rightful leader"

"But that is not the reason I thanked you"

"Really? Enlighten me then"

"Why are you always so sarcastic towards me? Whatever"

"Because of Jake, before you two met, he used to think that all Rouges are bad, he wanted to protect his second home under every condition, he had lost everything once, he wasn't going to let it happen again. But then you, his mate seemingly a Rouge, killed pack members. One of them, someone he was seeing, that just added to it, he hated you. But you kept going forward, not leaving him, I am thankful for that, I find it cliche to say you changed him-"

"-let's say you changed his view on things, that made him realise where he has sunken to. To not always see things from his eyes but from others too"

"That was all, don't except any kind words any time soon" I chuckled at his change of attitude.

"Why are you always so cold and rude towards me?" I was genuinely intrested, I wasn't quiet polite either so it didn't bother me.

His voice strained, not so relaxed as before "I can't shake off the feeling I get from you, my instincts tell me you are nothing but danger. Honestly, even thought you are Jenn's friend and Jake's mate, I was relieved when Jake rejected you, I wanted you as far away from the people I love as possible, in the end I can't change that you two are mates"

I silently heard him out, it does explain a lot.

As an Alpha, his instincts are not taken lightly.

"If I think about you, only one word comes to my mind"

"Destruction"

I didn't have a better respond, I just bursted out laughing, I stopped walking clutching my stomach.

He is right, everywhere I go, I leave destruction.

So accurate that it is scary but funny.

wherever Jake is, he surely has heard me.

"You always seem to find humour in every serious situation, don't you?" He quietly asked, not expecting an answer in particular.

"Life is too short to not enjoy it with a little humour, we think we have all the time of the world but in the end we are left with everyhing we regreted not taking in our hands"

"But also with nostalgic memories which we are proud of- "

"-sadly most of the time the regrets weight more on our shoulders than what we have done to be proud of, isn't it so?" He suprised me with his calm words, snatching the words from my mouth.

"I am glad we have a mutual understanding on something" I couldn't hold the little bit sarcasm I had.

"We are almost there, don't you dare to trip now, Jake can probably hears us coming and will kill me if something happens to you "

"You, the almighty 'Alpha King' are scared from your Beta?" I raised a brow even if he probably is walking straight ahead.

"Not sacred, more like I don't want to provoke him, he knows I am not quiet found of you, but also I don't want to destroy his hard work he put into this"

"Maybe you are aware of it, he was the child of an Alpha, despite being the Beta he is well able to fight for the Alpha postion, if we were to fight, the outcome would be unknown even to me.--"

"--his dominating nature was always reserved, he accepted his position in the pack, so did his wolf,  you are turning him upside down, you are stirring at his dominating Alpha nature which he had turned off long ago"

"Why are you telling me this?"

He sighed "He was confused for some time, and still is but is not showing it, possessiveness, temper, control all these emotions stronger than before"

"If it was anyone else as his mate, he would be okay, but you in particular are calling his instincts out, something about you drives his concious so far to just make sure you are ...there, he isn't assured that you will stay with him for whatever reason, so his possessivness urged him to put whatever power he has to take what is his  "

"I am not saying it is bad, not as long as you take responsibility that is" it is first for me to hear such words from him, the teasing undertone clear as the day, which is not the time right now but you get it.

Hell yeah we will!

No .

Don't pretend that you don't want to, you ain't a saint.

Neither are you...AND STOP WITH THESE IMAGES!

You know you want it. She wiggled her eyebrow, winking at me.

I am pretty sure he doesn't mean it that way, he said 'responsibility' but in which way can I do that?

"Stop right here, keep the blindfold on until I am gone you will know what to do, the bag is right beside you, you will need it" he rambled shortly before jogging off.

"Good luck, and Jenn linked me saying  'Don't chicken out and wear it with confidence' "

What does that mean?

...The night couldn't pass without me finding it out, it was the day I had sweared Jenn sweet revenge.

I took the blindfold off as I couldn't hear Zaire's steps anymore, I took in my surroundings, I knew we were beyond the the pack borders, and it rings a bell.

In awe I stood on the same spot, my head craning at the beauty of the mesmerizing full moon, glowing alongside the stars on the clear night sky.

To my suprise there was a clear path, clean of any branches or leaves, I assume I have to follow this. I took the bag, which was heavy packed, what the heck is in this?

I was forbidden to open it.

As if I can't follow instruction, I am a grown adult who Jenn can trust....just one look

Nuh!

They didn't tell us a THING! I am so f*cking curious I could blow up.

Come on, he is waiting.

I sulked but obeyed, following the path with the bag in my hand, dem lights start apearing, candles secured by rocks randomly placed, creating a lightened outline to the narrow foot path.

I didn't fight the faint smile that plastered on my face, a warm feeling wandering in the pit of my stomach easing all nervousness I had into a giddy tingle.

Candles, high on the romantic list. He is such a dork.

I giggled, imagining Jake collecting rocks, fixing the candles, clearing the path.

Ahead of me apeared a clearing, the moon lightening the area, giving it a certain glow. The candles stopped replaced with white laterns hanging on the trees.

Nothing can smack away the grin I have on my lips right now, too giddy to care about the high heels, I fastened my steps, I could feel he is near which made me more restless.

I want to see him.

I walked into the clearing, the well decorated table the first thing I noticed, without the trees blocking the moonlight the clearing was lightened beautifully by the glowing moon, white laterns encircling the clearing giving the place a cozy atmosphere. Lime green grass glistering from the water drops thanks to the rain in the morning.

Enchanted by my surroundings I walked aimlessly deeper, I stood by the table smiling at how lovely it looked, wine glasses, plates neatly lined, flower petals contrasting with the clean white cover over the square table, a vase with Lillies and Dahlias.

A note with my name on it was neatly pleated.

-turn around love.

My brows knitted in confusion as I turned around "Jake-"

Jake was stnding upright holding a big bouquet with white Lillies hiding his face behind it.

I took in what I could see of him, he was wearing a white dress shirt the two first button open, showing some of his toned chest, the material hugging his body, you could imagine what hard trained body was hidden behind it, Black trousers and Jacket, matching his hair.

He was a feast for the eye.

Not just for the eye.

"I am glad you could make it" a playful smirk was hidden behind the bouquet. Handing the flowers into my hand, I could finally see his face.

"I am glad I did, I would not want to miss this sight"

Do you mean the clearing...or him? A dirty wolf grin taunting me.

His eyes gleaming in the moonlight, the corner of his lips streching into a gentle smile, his hair messily combed to the side, I had to stop my hand to unconsciously dive through the midnight black hair. His sharp jaw clean shaved, no stubbles giving him a young glow.

Soft eyes staring at me with admiration, abruptly looking away, not even glancing at anything but my face.

Jenn should have at least let me see myself, he doesn't even want to look at me....

"Take a seat" he motioned to the table, warily I sat down. He took the bouquet and put it in another vase which I wonder where he had been hiding that.

"So, is this your way taking a girl out, leaving her to your crazy friends then bringing her blindfolded in a forest, if I didn't knew better I would think this is a trap to lure me here then kill me"

He chuckled "This isn't usually my style, but a special girl requires special measures" he winked at me, a devilish smirk on his lips, my cheeks heated up, either from his words or the fact he looked dangerous with that smirk that my heart might have stopped.

A flash of light blinding me for a second, Jake was holding his phone grinning triumphantly, "Red suits you Arian" the deja vu hitting me hard.

He is mocking me!

"Delete it" I tried to reach for the phone, heat raising more and more to my cheeks.

His a boyish grin almost making me forget what I was trying to do "Nuh, this will be my lock screen" he was indeed mocking me.

"My lock screen is cuter" I sticked out my tounge at him, while he just chuckled at my childish behaviour.

"Wanna bet?" He asked for a challenge, I will give him a challenge.

"Fine, I think the phone is somewhere in the bag" which was right beside me, I searched in the outer pockets where I remember Jenn told me it was and it was the only pockets I could open.

"Why did Jenn give you such a big bag?" Narrowing his eyes in confusion.

"Don't ask me, you are the one who planned this crazy date not me. I was banned from opening it until the time is right  at least that is what Jenn told me " I shrugged, he was sunken in thoughts until his eyes widen and his cheeks flushed crimson in a matter of seconds.

What on earth transformed Jake's normal tanned skin to strawberry red?

He took a deep breath "Whatever Jenn told you, you don't need anything from the bag except the towels, Everything else is here" he was still blushing avoiding my stare, trying with his large hand to cover his embarrassed red face, of whatever he thought of, taking a deep bresth. "Don't look" he said shyly when he noticed that my gaze was fixed on him in awe.

My heart tightened at his shy blushing face, his shyness must be contagious. Nervousness raising up again.

His reaction made me more curious of what he was thinking of, and more importantly what is in the bag.

I think I am getting a nosebleed...

Get your hormones together!

I opened the phone to see the picture I made when we went to the shopping trip, it makes me smile everytime I look at it, I am sure he will delete it secretly, but I will print it before he has the chance to.

He really hates this picture which makes me love it more.

"On three we will show the pictures"

He recovered quickly, a light pink still evident on his cheeks. He gave me a cheeky grin "on three. One...two....three!" He held his phone infront of me, as I did the same.

This was the first time I saw how I looked like in anothers view, and I must say, they really did a great job with the hair and make up, but I didn't notice how deep the 'V' cut of the dress was, my hair was in a messy braided bun, one side pinbed with a silver pin
Which looked like a rose. Strands of hair framing my face,..

Which was flushed red.

I heard Jake graon wanting to slam his head on the table "please delete this" cringing at the adorable picture of him.

"No way, this is my treasure" I shook my head snapping my hand back, before he could take the phone. He sulked taking his phone back, starring at the lock screen he didn't respond.

"You could take more pictures if you like that one so much" I said teasingly, giggles escaping my mouth.

"You like to embarrass me way too much-" he huffed "-to your information, I do like that picture, I captured the little silver moon infront of me"

"You like the picture? Strange that you didn't make a single comment on my outfit" you could hear the disappointment and hurt even thought I tried covering it, he didn't even want to look at me when I came which made me more insecure about my appearance.

Brushing my hand on the table, he entwined our fingers squeezing my hand "You look Breathtaking, Gorgeous, Stunning, Beautiful, I could continue on but it won't be enough to describe my cute tease of a mate who knocks my breath away by just my name leaving her pretty little lips and her smile that shines brighter than her eyes which always makes me wonder if I deserve her" I franticly was trying to loose his hand to hide somewhere, maybe also unable the function of my body to blush, because I am burning right now, his words strangely making me shy away.

SOS! ABORT! THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR MY HEART TO HANDLE.

He just smiled at my atempts to escape him, smoothly he pulled my hand towards him planting a warm kiss on the back of my hand, my eyes wide, looking at an amused Jake who was enjoying this to the fullest.

"I am starting to like the shy blushing Arian" He chuckled as my cheeks gained in colour.

He was playing so unfair.

I didn't except such sweet words from him, never has someone complemented me like that, nor were they my mate for that matter.

"You have to get used to it, because I will make sure to tell you how beautiful you are from now on, everyday, night hour" he winked at me playfully.

I don't know why, but his playful behaviour made me relax a little and appreciate his teasing more "That was really cheesy" I laughed squeezing his hand back.

"I was told the ladies like that" he raised his eyebrow in question but his smirk told me he was everything but serious about it.

"Oh we love a man who don't judge if we wear sneakers with a fancy dress" we don't but I do, I was starting to imagine the ways of burning these heels.

He laughed "I was just linked from the Luna to not let you out of those 'damn' heels"

"Don't worry, you can exchange them soon with your loved sneakers" he had a mischievous gleam in his eyes, I ignored it and took his words to look forward to.

"Where are we?" This part of the forest really does ring a bell.

"It is near the place where we first met"

I looked at him straight in the eyes without blinking amusement leaking from my smile "You really know the most romantic locations for dates, don't you?"

It was his way of showing that it doesn't affect him nor matter to him anymore, which made my heart warm.

"I did my best for you" he had the most adorable smug look that I almost didn't want time to pass by just to admire the twinkle in his eyes for a bit longer.

*************

I know I took my time but I was really sick the last days,
I am feeling better now.

And another reason why I took so long was because I stubbornly wanted the whole date to be in one chapter. In the end I just gave up and just wrote half of it this chapter, because it would have been an 8000 word chapter if I would have wrote the whole date.

It is still a pretty long chapter.

Questions:

What do you think Jake has planned?

Should I make a part of the date in Jake's POV?

Do you have an guess what is in the bag?

Please tell me I didn't over do it with Jake's behaviour, I honestly still think i suck at romantic scenes even if you guys are so sweet and tell me other wise XD.

Comment

Vote

Share?

Enjoy<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 95.1K 61
THEY REJECTED ME and I BECAME SACRED. If only that night didn't come, maybe my family will love me again, maybe I won't see hate and disgust in my p...
2.6M 76.8K 48
#40 in werewolf -/-/- #55 in werewolf 4/18/2018 #71 in werewolf 11/18/2018 Book #1 of the 2&2 novels I didn't see it coming. Well physically I cant...
779K 17.7K 30
PREVIOUSLY CALLED: Rejected, Perfected "I Greg Wilson, alpha of the Red Moon pack, reject you, Samantha Nightwing, as my mate and future Luna" he wh...
30.2K 700 27
He grabbed me, and I felt tingles go up my arms. I started to thrash around trying to get out of his grip. As much as my wolf wanted him, I didn't an...