The Forgiven Bionic| Lab Rats...

بواسطة caler_jo_hyden

*Book two of Secretly Super, the Lab Rats story* Lab Rat D, but known as Destiny, finds herself intertwined w... المزيد

Destiny
The Rise of Six
Holding out for a Hero
Power Play
The Superhero Code
Need for Speed
Follow the Leader
The List
Coming through in the Clutch
The Intruder
The Rock
Home Sweet Home: Pt.1
Home Sweet Home: Pt.2
Remember
Game of Drones
They Grow Up So Fast
The Attack: Pt.1
The Attack: Pt.2
Season Two ❤️
Shapeshift Sickness
How Long Is Forever?
Going Wonkers
Switched
The Mark
The Prophesy
The Wish: Pt.1
The Wish: Pt.2
Memory Lost
The Ghost
Quake Exposed
Inevitable
Choices
A Brave New World
Season 3
Date with Destiny
Inhumans: Pt.2
The Puppet Master
O Brother of Mine
Surprise Birthday Party
You'll Be Okay
Come Back To Us
The End
Epilogue
Last Author's Note
Epigraph by Lab Rat D

Inhumans: Pt.1

1.1K 25 10
بواسطة caler_jo_hyden

✖️✖️✖️✖️

I was typing on the cyberdesk inside of mission command, continuing to do my research on what happened to the world after I had released all of that nuclear energy. Douglas and Donald was also helping me, actually the two of them have already been doing the research. 

"I think I got an idea of what happened to all of that energy." I speak up as the two men looked up from their work and glanced over at me in question.

"What'd you find out, D?" Douglas asked just as Kaz and Chase had walked into mission command after stepping out of the hydralift.

"There's been reports of this wave of energy passing through the entire world. People all over the place have been encased in this like rock-like cocoon after the energy passed through them." I start to explain, looking down at the cyberdesk in front of me, "These people were exposed to the particles and matter, which altered their genetic, chemical, or even atomic structure, giving them a variety of abilities. Now, the world knows of people with powers even more."

"That would explain why so many reports of people using their new abilities have been shown throughout the news." Donald added, clicking a button as Channel Four news appeared on the screen of the monitor on the wall. The reporter was basically saying what he was saying about this.

"So, these people, they just wake up from this cocoon and then they have powers?" Chase spoke up in slight confusion.

"I've actually been through that process before. It happened on Caldera when we had went to rescue Skylar. Scarlett had trapped me in this cave and my powers didn't work inside the place. There was these blue crystals that sent this gush of wind past me and encased me in one of those cocoons..." I reply, "Once I was free of it, I was able to use my abilities and gained a few new ones."

"Then you lost some of your powers saving Chase here when he gained superpowers." Kaz also spoke up, grinning at Chase.

"That's not really the point." I remark in slight amusement.

"You must've thought about that experience and it made the energy like that-" Douglas pointed out as I finish for him with a shake of my head, "Not really. I just didn't want to destroy this world and you guys."

"What do we call these people with special abilities?" Kaz inquired.

"Inhumans..." I immediately answer as if in some sort of trance, "Each Inhuman is given a power meant to fulfill some kind of evolutionary need and create equilibrium within the species." I close my eyes and look down at the floor, my hands on top of the cyberdesk, my eyebrows furrowed.

"Des?" Chase asked, moving his hand over my hand but I don't answer him, "Des, what's the matter?"

"I see all of them..." I murmur, stumbling a little as Douglas and Chase steadied me being that they were standing on both sides of me. "It's like... It's like we're somehow connected." The light above all of us then blew up in sparks, startling us.

"Des, are you using your sonar ability?" Donald questioned.

"I- No, this is different. My sonar ability allows me to reach out to supers and bionic heroes, but it doesn't allow me to reach out to the Inhumans. It's like I can feel their pain and hear all of their thoughts all at once." I reply and let out a small pained gasp. "And there's some in a lot of pain..."

So many different voices was running through my mind and it was all too much. "Someone needs help... And they're in Centium City now." I murmur, stepping back from them after opening my eyes again. 

I manage to calm down all of the voices of the different Inhumans and then reassure them telepathically.

"Where?" Kaz questioned me. 

I glance to the side a little and back at them and answer, "The park. And we have to hurry."

"So suit up." Chase added as the two of them ran out of mission command to let the rest of the team know about the mission.

"Des, I don't want you to go there. With this connection you have with these Inhumans, I don't think it's a good idea. It's too risky. There's a lot of unknowns here. So, stay here." Donald stopped me from changing into my super suit.

"These people are in danger because of me." I reply, sighing a little, "I did this, and if something bad happens to them... then that's on me." I activate my watch as a blue and black tornado surrounded me briefly and stopped, revealing me in my Elite Force mission suit.

"D, for once, just stop being the hero and think of yourself. The team can handle whatever is wrong right now." Douglas spoke up, grabbing my arm before I could super speed out of mission command. "We can't lose you again."

"You know I can't be selfish. You know what happens when I do- something bad always happens and I'm not gonna let anyone get hurt! These people- They're lost right now and confused and scared and they need my help." I comment, "And you don't have to worry about me. I always come home and find my way back to my family."

"Be careful, Des." Donald said, knowing that once my mind was set on something, nothing or no one could change it. "And come home." 

I smile a little, nod, and run out of the lab and enter the hydralift. The team was now dressed in their mission suits as well just as I step into the penthouse.

"Let's do this." Oliver spoke up and then the eight of us ran out of the penthouse and headed to the park where she was at.

The Inhuman's name was Molly and was just six years old when that transformation started to happen to her; The girl's powers is invisibility and a clairvoyance ability. 

Clairvoyance basically means she can gain direct visual information about an object, person, location or physical event through means other than the her physical sight and allows her to act when she's unable to use her eyes and allows her to hear things at distances. Molly can sense/ see/ hear spiritual/ psychic beings and other people's presences and perceive emotions, thoughts and memories of others.

I was the first to arrive at the park and noticed Riker and Roman approaching a scared six year old girl with blue eyes and dirty blonde, wavy shoulder-length hair. Rodissius was standing a few feet behind his sons while also standing beside a familiar villain, Hive, and a female teenager with white hair.

My breath hitched when I saw my uncle alive, but I snap out of my confusion and step forward to them. "Hey, leave her alone!" I demand, moving halfway in front of Molly protectively, an arm in front of her as Molly immediately wrapped her small arms around my hips.

"Oh, Destiny, it is so good of you to drop by." Rodissius spoke up just as the team ran over to us and stopped beside me. "And you brought the not-so elite force."

"What do you want, Rodissius? We already ruined your big plan!" Skylar replied, standing in a defensive stance along with the others while I watch the villains warily and stand protectively in front of the six year old girl.

"Oh, did you now? As long as my niece is alive, the prophecy still remains on course. What Destiny did, it only merely delayed the inevitable." Philip said while stepping towards us, followed by the white haired girl and Rodissius. He looked over at me and smirked a little as my eyes remain fixed on the white haired girl. "Destiny, I'd like to introduce someone who is also part of the prophesy- Death herself."

I lift an eyebrow at him and exchange a look with the team and look back at my uncle and the girl. "Death? As in people dying?" Kaz questioned.

"She will bring nothing but destruction amongst us, death will be by her side always." I find myself murmuring, remembering what the prophecy had said. 

The white haired girl claiming to be Death looked over at me after I said that and smiled a little, almost as if she was in agreement with that prophesy.

"Give us the girl." Rodissius said, changing the conversation back to the six year old girl slightly behind me.

"Unless, you'll be willing to make a trade." Death calmly spoke up, her voice smooth and velvety, her hands clasped in front of her waist. "Destiny in exchange for leaving Molly alone."

"No, absolutely not-" My brother and the team began to object while looking over at me as if knowing that I was going to take that offer. I look at her and then down at Molly who still had her small arms wrapped around my waist tightly, scared. "Des, you can't-"

"You're not getting your hands on her and I'm not going to go with you guys either." I reply, "You want her? You have to go through us first. But you won't succeed at taking her." The team and my brother continued to stand in their defensive stances against the villains.

The team began to fight Hive, Riker, and Roman while Rodissius and Death simply watched behind them. I turn my attention to Molly and held her arms in my hands reassuringly, looking into her innocent blue eyes as a magical bond formed between the two of us somehow. 

"It's gonna be okay, Kid- You're gonna be okay. Listen to me, Molly. My name is Des. Alright? You can trust my team and me." I start softly to her, "We're not going to hurt you and won't let anything hurt you. I promise. I need you to stay hidden right now. Can you turn invisible for me?"

Molly nodded a little and turned invisible, moving over to a bench and sat down on it, waiting for the cue to turn visible again. I stand back up and joined in the fight, blocking Riker from blasting Bree with his power while she was down from being hit by Roman.

I cartwheel sideways and face my uncle now, blasting him back with my earth ability, and then faced the mysterious white haired girl around my age. She super speeded close to me and stopped right in front of me, grabbing both sides of my face in her now slightly glowing hands.

It felt like she was literally draining the life out of me as the color left my skin; I gasp out, my eyes wandered around the place and landed on her again, and slowly moved my hand around her shoulder tightly, using my earth ability on her as she grunted in pain but continued to drain my life out of me.

I clench my fists by my sides and moved them in front of me, blasting the white haired girl backwards by my earth ability. I slowly straighten back up, catching my breath while the color returned to my face, and carefully watch her stand back up off of the ground.

Roman and Riker blasted the team backwards just as my uncle knocked me out yet holding me up and then tossed me onto his shoulder. Riker and Roman stood above the fallen Elite Force and looked at the now unconscious team with a smirk, following their father and the other two villains and left them behind.

The only conscious one standing was the six year old girl who immediately rushed over to Chase's side and knelt beside him, turning visible again, and looked over at the villains kidnapping Destiny. 

"No..." Molly murmured in fear, tears slowly coming to her eyes.

✖️✖️✖️✖️

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

66.8K 1.2K 22
❝𝑇𝐻𝐸𝑅𝐸'𝑆 𝐹𝐴𝑀𝐼𝐿𝑌 𝐼𝑁 𝑇𝑂𝐺𝐸𝑇𝐻𝐸𝑅𝑁𝐸𝑆𝑆.❞ 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒆𝒔. 𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒃𝒐𝒅...
4.4K 227 32
After the city is taken over by the army of shape-shifters. Reese gets the list of superheroes, and Glitch takes control of Harper's life almost comp...
309K 6.1K 34
Destiny Lilac has been through a lot of stuff but when her best friend, Leo Dooley, gets a step-dad, her life will be filled with adventure, crazines...
13.7K 324 39
"Why do you see me like that? We've just met today, you know?" "Because the moment I saw you, you looked like a Princess to me. Besides I saved you l...