The Forgiven Bionic| Lab Rats...

By caler_jo_hyden

*Book two of Secretly Super, the Lab Rats story* Lab Rat D, but known as Destiny, finds herself intertwined w... More

Destiny
The Rise of Six
Holding out for a Hero
Power Play
The Superhero Code
Need for Speed
Follow the Leader
The List
Coming through in the Clutch
The Intruder
The Rock
Home Sweet Home: Pt.1
Home Sweet Home: Pt.2
Game of Drones
They Grow Up So Fast
The Attack: Pt.1
The Attack: Pt.2
Season Two ❤️
Shapeshift Sickness
How Long Is Forever?
Going Wonkers
Switched
The Mark
The Prophesy
The Wish: Pt.1
The Wish: Pt.2
Memory Lost
The Ghost
Quake Exposed
Inevitable
Choices
A Brave New World
Season 3
Date with Destiny
Inhumans: Pt.1
Inhumans: Pt.2
The Puppet Master
O Brother of Mine
Surprise Birthday Party
You'll Be Okay
Come Back To Us
The End
Epilogue
Last Author's Note
Epigraph by Lab Rat D

Remember

2.6K 64 24
By caler_jo_hyden

✖️✖️✖️✖️

I walk into an abandoned warehouse, looking around the place warily. "Welcome, Destiny, it is so good to officially meet you face to face." The man who had been communicating with me telepathically for weeks spoke up and stepped out of the shadows and stood about ten feet away from me.

He was about middle-aged, had black hair and silver eyes. "Who are you?" I question in suspicion, "You never gave me your name. And what do you want with me anyway?"

"I'm your mother's brother. I was there through it all. But, I helped Krane take you to that lab when you were a baby- and also helped your mom find you again and helped reunite the two of you." He began to explain who he is, "My name is Philip, but here on Earth, some supers and even villains have taken to call me Hive."

"Why would you help steal me from my home realm?" I question, eyebrows furrowed at the man also known as my uncle apparently.

"Because I had seen you as Quake and saw you as a powerful girl... Why do you think I set you up when you were a kid, that incident involving your superhero title being revoked?" He continued.

I gasp in realization, letting out, "You were that villain who had tricked me! Why did you even do that?"

"It helped make you stronger and more determined to prove your worth." Philip replied.

I shake my head in disbelief slightly and continue to look at the man in front of me, saying, "You did that just to make me stronger-?"

"More powerful-"

"Where's my brother?" I question him while changing the subject back to why I even came here without my team in the first place. "You said he'd be here."

"Of course." He replied and spoke in his high-tech watch, "Shadow, it's time!"

I take a deep breath just as a boy one year older than me teleported into the room. He was wearing a black hood over his head and had a mask covering the bottom half of his face where you could only see his eyes. Justin.

I look back at my uncle and then my masked brother and back at Philip, throwing my hands out in front of me and blasted the middle-aged man across the room by my earth ability.

Justin stood defensively and flipped towards me, fixing to punch me as I block it and duck from another punch from him. "Justin, please. J, stop!" I begin while blocking his kicks and swings thrown my way.

He doesn't bother talking and continues attempting to attack me while I block his punches as he blocked mine. I swing my fist towards his face as he ducked swiftly and spun around.

I kick the inside of his right knee as Justin fell on it; He grabbed my right arm and flipped me over him and made me land in front of him. I was on one knee like him but still facing him. I held onto his left arm and reached his face with my other hand and slid his hood and mask off.

"Justin, stop fighting for a second and truly look at me. Please remember me. Remember who you really are. This isn't who you are." I start.

"I don't know what you're talking about. You're nothing to me and just an assignment." He replied as he stood up, now standing in front me while I still was on one knee, dropping to both knees now.

He turned his back and was fixing to walk away as tears formed in my eyes as I start again, "No. No, no, Justin. Please, please you can't leave me here. Please remember. I'm Des. I'm your little sister- I taunt and tease you and I make your life miserable, but you love me anyway."

He had turned back around and looked at me as I continue, my voice thick with emotion as it broke slightly, "You're everything that I've ever wanted to be. I'm jealous of how-how smart you are and how kind and nice. Please don't leave me here!"

Justin helped me up to my feet and looked at me. "I'll never leave you. I don't know who you are, but I believe you." He commented.

I hug him tightly, my arms wrapped around his waist as a single tear fell onto my cheek, murmuring, "I will help you get your memory back, big brother."

"Not so fast, Destiny. You gave me your word. You belong to me now, my dear niece-" Philip spoke up while brushing himself off lightly.

"I only made one promise and that was to save my brother and take him home." I cut him off while facing the man in front of the two of us.

"Shadow. Take her to her cell, so that she can rethink her priorities." My uncle said to Justin.

"No." Justin replied.

"Do you remember what happens when you don't listen to me or have you forgot that?" He questioned Justin who looked down and then up and at me.

"I don't care. You're not going to hurt her." Justin commented, stepping in front of me protectively, "Memory or no memory, she's willing to sacrifice her life for me, she's still my little sister."

"Fine, I'll do it myself and deal with you in a minute." Philip replied and then zapped me with a orange lightning from his fingers as I disappear and reappear in a cell beside them with a different kind of black gauntlets around my wrists, silver bands were around them also.

"Oh, and while you have those on your wrists, you won't be able to use your earth ability and those bars of your cell blocks out your powers and bionics." Philip added towards me.

I hold onto two bars and pull at them, the bars not budging one bit. Philip moved closer to Justin who stood in a defensive stance. I move my hands up the bars in slight fear, my fingers gripping them tightly.

Justin's fingers had electricity circling around them; Philip blasted him back as he crashed into the wall behind him, hitting his head. "Justin!" I exclaim and stepped back, combining all of my energy and power into escaping.

The gauntlets squeezed my wrists and hands tightly as I stifle back a pained scream; I begin to try and take them off but was electrocuted.

He was hurting my brother and I'm stuck in here. I clench my fists tightly and focus my power and energy again. The room began to tremble as the gauntlets broke in half and fell at my feet on the floor.

My fists were still clenched as the warehouse continued to tremble; I move both of my hands outwards and blast the cell door off of its hinges with my blastwave ability, blood ran down my nose. "Get away from him!"

Philip's eyebrows were raised as he watched me in amusement, probably curious about how I just used my power in the cell with those power-inhibiting gauntlets on.

I start to walk over to them but stop in front of my uncle and look at him. "Leave my brother alone." I tell him and push past him and move over to Justin who was leaning against the wall, "Don't worry, I got you."

Hive smirked and slung me a few feet away from the two of them by his telekinesis; I was then slung into the wall, falling and hitting my face against a metal crate.

I stand back up and flip over the crate and super speeded towards the man as he stopped me by grabbing my arm and flipped me over as I landed on my back on the ground painfully.

He punched me in the face hard again and again; I spit blood in his face as he staggered backwards in disgust as I smile, showing my teeth that had a little bit of blood on them.

I grunt and slowly rise back onto my feet, watching my uncle wipe my blood off of his face. All of my energy was drained out of me from over exerting myself to break out of that cell and those gauntlets.

But I push myself further and blast the man through the air due to my earth and air abilities as he landed with a painful thud on the ground fifteen feet away.

I limply walk back over to Justin as he held his head in his hand; He looked up at me, a look of certainty and confidence. "Des." He sighed in relief, a small smile on his face. "I remember- I remember everything."

I smile a little as tears formed in my eyes again; Justin stepped forward and ask in concern, "You okay?" I nod and moved into his embrace, one of his hands on the back of my head reassuringly. "I'm here, Des, I'm here."

We pull apart and look over to where Hive was laying at but see that he had disappeared. "He's still out there, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there." I comment, "For now, let's go home, big brother."

"Thanks for helping me remember and for risking everything just for me." Justin spoke up.

"You should know me by now. I'd do anything for you, for my family- and you're part of my family." I reply.

He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and I geo-leaped us out of the warehouse and to the penthouse. "Des, you're back!" Bree exclaimed as she was currently the only one in the living room. She ran to me super fast and hugged me tightly as I let out a pained grunt. "Never leave like that again! And... you're hurt."

"I'm okay, though I think a rib might be cracked a little." I start and move my fingers to my side and lightly touch my ribs, letting out another grunt. "Yeah, it's cracked."

"And you have a few cuts on your face-" Bree also pointed out in worry, looking me over in concern.

"Girly! I'm okay. And look, I got my brother back-" I reply.

"And helped me remember." Justin added, pointing out while also smiling.

"Glad to hear you alive and not, you know." Bree replied and the two of them hugged briefly. "Hey, since you're also a super, you should join the team!"

"Are you sure?" Justin asked, glancing over at me and then at her, "Will the team mind?"

"One way to find out." Bree commented and then super speeded all over the place, gathering the team as they walked over to us. I squeeze Justin's arm in reassurance a little and smiled at him.

"Des!" The team exclaimed and hugged me, happy that I'm home now. "You're okay."

"Skylar, Oliver, Kaz, meet my brother Justin. Chase, you remember him, right?" I begin the introductions and look at my brother while pointing at the three supers in front of us, "Justin, Skylar, Kaz, and Oliver."

He shook hands with the three as Chase also hugged him with one arm like Adam's, Leo's, and Chase's hugs to each other's. "Glad you're not dead." Chase replied and then stepped to my side and wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to him.

"Hey, guys, what do you think about having another super on our team?" I ask my friends and looked at each one of them. "He's also a superhero."

"We say let him join. We can use all of the help to end Riker's and Roman's terror." Skylar answered, her hands on her hips.

"I'll ask Mr. Davenport." Chase replied while taking out his phone from his pocket and stepped away for a second. He walked back into the room and grinned. "He said it's fine because he trusts Des and he's her family."

I wrap my arms around my boyfriend's waist as he had his arm around me. Justin smiled and commented, "Thanks, guys."

Kaz and Oliver took my brother upstairs to show him his new room as Bree and Skylar followed them to make sure they don't take him to the girls' dorm.

"So..." Chase began.

"For the record, I didn't want to do that situation alone, but he wouldn't tell me where my brother was at unless I left you guys-" I start to explain quietly.

"I know. You don't have to explain." Chase cut me off, "If I was in your situation and that was either Adam or Bree or even Leo, I probably would've done the same thing."

"So, what now?" I ask.

"Enjoy this moment right here." Chase answered lightly and kissed me on the lips, holding me close to him.

"I like that plan." I murmur cheekily and kiss him back. 

After a few more minutes, the team was in the kitchen making their drinks, popcorn, and getting their candy ready for our Halloween movie marathon while Justin and I stood beside the couch watching them, both leaning against the back of the furniture.

Justin had his arms folded across his chest as he slightly glanced over at me and nudged me with his shoulder, playfully pushing me away; I grin and then rest my head on his shoulder, saying, "I have missed you, J"

Justin smiled some more and murmured, "I've missed you, too, Des." 

I straighten up and slightly face him and started, "Family until the end."

He chuckled and nodded, "Always... I love you, little sister, and I'm proud of you, proud of us." I hug him once more as he kissed the top of my head, me admitting softly, "I love you too, big brother."

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.8K 1K 22
Your Y/n L/n your have powers but only because your evil mother used you as a science experiment. You have Sonic waves that come from your hands, ni...
309K 6.1K 34
Destiny Lilac has been through a lot of stuff but when her best friend, Leo Dooley, gets a step-dad, her life will be filled with adventure, crazines...
4K 124 17
After Mr Davenport decides the team has to split up, Bree, Chase and Harper are sent on a new mission with a new team named Elite Force. Joining forc...
419K 8.3K 60
In which a secret superhuman befriends three teen bionic heroes. All rights belong to the creators and producers of the Disney television show Lab R...