The Forgiven Bionic| Lab Rats...

By caler_jo_hyden

*Book two of Secretly Super, the Lab Rats story* Lab Rat D, but known as Destiny, finds herself intertwined w... More

Destiny
The Rise of Six
Holding out for a Hero
Power Play
The Superhero Code
Need for Speed
Follow the Leader
The List
Coming through in the Clutch
The Intruder
Home Sweet Home: Pt.1
Home Sweet Home: Pt.2
Remember
Game of Drones
They Grow Up So Fast
The Attack: Pt.1
The Attack: Pt.2
Season Two ❀️
Shapeshift Sickness
How Long Is Forever?
Going Wonkers
Switched
The Mark
The Prophesy
The Wish: Pt.1
The Wish: Pt.2
Memory Lost
The Ghost
Quake Exposed
Inevitable
Choices
A Brave New World
Season 3
Date with Destiny
Inhumans: Pt.1
Inhumans: Pt.2
The Puppet Master
O Brother of Mine
Surprise Birthday Party
You'll Be Okay
Come Back To Us
The End
Epilogue
Last Author's Note
Epigraph by Lab Rat D

The Rock

3.1K 67 46
By caler_jo_hyden

✖️✖️✖️✖️

The six of us and AJ walked back into the penthouse from watching a movie; AJ had kept blabbering about the movie the entire time. "I love that movie. I've seen it five times." The kid commented, "Ooh, I hope I didn't ruin the ending for you guys."

"No. You had already ruined the beginning and middle, so I don't really care about the end." Kaz replied.

"So, uh... What do you guys wanna do now?" AJ asked.

Bree walked up to him, bending down a little, and placed her hands on his shoulders. "Hey, uh, why don't you stay right here while we go have a quick little team meeting out on the terrace, okay?"

"Okay." AJ replied as the six of us stepped outside and closed the door behind us.

"Chase. I know you told AJ he could hang out with us, but this is getting ridiculous. He never leaves." Bree started.

"Yeah. This morning, I came down for a bowl of cereal, and he poured my milk. Which was nice but kinda creepy." Oliver replied.

"That's creepy? This morning you offered to be the milk in my cereal." Skylar pointed out.

"That's not- I don't- Offer still stands." Oliver commented.

"AJ's not that bad, guys-" I start, "He's just a kid."

"Des, he's not your little brother, okay? You can't keep him here to replace him." Bree remarked.

"I know that!" I start, now a little agitated.

"Look, guys, the only reason AJ's been hanging around so much is 'cause he doesn't have any friends." Chase commented.

"So he's a mini you. Got it." Kaz replied and smiled as the closest person to him- Skylar- smacked his arm lightly.

"Look, and it is nice that you're looking out for him, but we just need a little bit of space- without him around."

"Yeah, and not to mention, it's really risky." Kaz pointed out. "We have to keep our superhero status a secret."

"Okay, I get it. I'll go break his heart and tell him. He can't hang out with us as much." Chase replied.

We all walk back inside and notice AJ on the couch, eating a few cookies, as he looked up and saw us. "Great cookies. Got anything to wet my whistle?" He gestured to his throat.

"Oliver can be your milk." Skylar smirked as Oliver glared at her.

"Uh, look, AJ, we should talk. There's been some concern, mostly from the others, about you being around so much." Chase began.

AJ stood up from the couch and looked at us and shrugged, saying, "I get it."

"You do?" Chase asked as I move over to stand beside him, in front of AJ.

"Of course. They're afraid I'm gonna find out they're superheroes." AJ answered while gesturing to Skylar, Oliver, and Kaz.

The three of them looked shock as Skylar spoke up, "Us? That's crazy."

"Yeah, we're bionic." Oliver added.

"Uh, no, you're not." AJ replied and pointed at Skylar and then at Kaz and Oliver, "She's an alien and you two touched the Arcturian space rock."

"He knows too much. Light up your fire hand. We gotta take him out." Oliver commented as Kaz was about to make his hand light up in flames when I put it down and we all told Oliver 'no'.

"You're right. We don't want to make a mess." Oliver continued, "Better freeze this punk." He raised his hand as I put it back down and shake my head at him.

"How did you know we were superheroes?" Skylar questioned the kid.

"It's my fault. I'm just way too heroic-looking to pass for normal." Kaz commented and smiled.

"I've known your secret for weeks." AJ replied and glanced at me, "Des is an actual superhero. You can't really believe that Quake is the only superhero."

"I'm actually surprised that no one else actually pieced that little bit together." I shrug lightly.

"Okay, I don't like this. Who knows what else is in that little cat toy-sized head of his?" Oliver said.

"If AJ tells the public that superheroes does exist, it'll cause hysteria. Not to mention, we'll be under a microscope which will make tracking Roman and Riker even harder." Skylar spoke up.

"Why would I sell you out when I'm trying to convince you to make me a part of the team?" AJ inquired.

"He's right." I speak up as everyone looked over at me, "Look, AJ's a smart kid. I think we can trust him."

Kaz went around the kid and stood next to him, starting, "Or can we?" He was attempting to scare the kid but AJ didn't get scared. "He didn't flinch. I think we're good."

"Now that we're cool, there's something I wanna show you guys." AJ said and walked over to the table as we follow him, "My Elite Force breakdown." He took out his tablet from his backpack. "I compiled all your abilities and superpowers and then ranked your value to the team, one through six."

1. Des
2. Skylar
3. Kaz
4. Bree
5. Oliver
6. Chase

"Uh, why am I fourth?" Bree questioned.

AJ looked at her, pointing out, "Des has over thirty powers- not to mention, she's bionic and a super, Skylar has twenty-four powers, and you have five."

"All right, Oliver freeze that punk." Bree commented, pushing Oliver lightly towards AJ as I automatically hold an arm out in front of the kid protectively, halfway in front of him.

"Don't be upset. It's not like you're on last. Chase is last." AJ replied.

"What!?" Chase said, taking the tablet and looked at the screen.

"Relax. It's not personal, it's just accurate." AJ replied, looking up at me and innocently smiled a little.

***

Skylar and I walked into the kitchen and noticed Bree sitting at the counter. "Hey, Bree." We both start.

"Yeah, whatever." Bree muttered.

Skylar and I exchange a look between one another as I move to stand beside Bree and ask her, "Girlie, you still mad about being below Skylar and me on AJ's list?"

Bree looked at us and scoffed, "Pssh. No, he's just a kid. What does he know about ranking heroes?"

"Well, he is pretty smart, and he did calculate everything based on facts and statistics. And he does have a point that Des and I have a lot more powers-" Skylar began.

"I understand his thorough reasoning!" Bree cut her off in annoyance. She sighed and stood up from her seat before commenting, "Okay, look, I don't need a million powers. Okay, I'm great with the ones I have. Why do we need a list to tell us who's better than everyone else? We're heroes, we're all good at what we do."

Skylar and I nodded and agreed, "We couldn't agree more."

Bree smiled, "Good." She started to walk away.

"Where are you going?" I call after her as she turned and looked at us and replied, "To practice my abilities so I can be better than the two of you."

I shook my head and follow her over to the hydralift just as it opened and Kaz and Oliver stepped out, carrying a triangular case with a glowing pink circular rock inside it.

"Ooh, what's that?" Bree asked.

"The Arcturian space rock." Kaz answered.

"Wait, the thing that gave you two your superpowers?" Bree asked as they nodded. "I always imagined it would be inside of some sort of magic lamp."

"Oh, that's ridiculous. Where would the genie live?" Kaz replied a bit sarcastically. Bree rolled her eyes as the two of us entered the hydralift and was down in mission command in less than a second.

We notice Chase and AJ as AJ saw us walk up to the two of them, the ten year old saying, "Hey, Des, Bree. You're just in time to watch our latest test run."

"Oh, is Chase gonna get hurt? If so, we're in." Bree replied, putting an arm around my shoulders as Chase glared at her and I just looked at her and then at Chase.

"Not gonna happen. We worked out all the kinks. Soon I'll be able to get to missions as fast as you. Then you all will be at the bottom of the list and I'll be at the top." Chase said.

AJ shook his head and replied, "Uh, no, you won't." He pointed at me with a grin. "Des would still be in the number one spot."

Chase looked down at him and commented, "Okay, you are not in charge of the list anymore!" He got on his hover bike and then left speedily quick, my hair went to my face as I push the strands away.

"Doesn't look that fast." Bree muttered.

"Really? 'Cause I clocked him going faster than you, almost at Des's speed but not quite to her level." AJ replied.

Bree scoffed a bit, "No you didn't. Let me see that." She snatched the tablet away from him and looked at the screen, seeing how fast he went, and gave the tablet back to the boy. "Just call us when he crashes."

Bree grabbed my wrist and pulled me away from him and moved us down the hall. I stop us, though, and ask the speedster, "What's going on, Bree?"

"I can't be fourth, Des. I don't want to. Just because I have five bionic abilities, it does not mean I'm fourth and basically have no value." Bree replied.

I look at her like she's got three heads or something and tell her, "Bree, girly, please realize this already. Okay? You are far from inadequate. You are special, despite having just five abilities. You're a freakin' hero and save people daily. No one, and I mean, no one can ever replace you. You shouldn't care what number you're in! You don't see me complaining about this list."

Bree scoffed, replying, "You're not complaining because you're in the number one spot- and you just don't care. You're just saying this because you attempt to care about others but you actually don't! Everything that has happened to us is because of you, Des- You got your family killed and you'll probably just let us down, too. Do us all a favor and quit the team and run. That's what you do anyway- You run away."

I feel my mouth drop a little and then close it, flexing my jaw, and just nod slowly, letting out quietly, "You- You're right."

"Wait, no. No, Des, I- I'm sorry. Okay? I didn't mean what I said-" Bree started and began to step towards me while I take a step backwards but still watch her carefully.

"No, no, um, it's fine. You're right. It is all my fault. Good job, Bree, you made me realize something." I cut her off.

"What's that?" Bree utter out, not able to bring her voice above a whisper as she watched me sadly.

"I'm done. I quit the Elite Force, effective immediately." I answer and then turn my back on her and walk away with her calling after me desperately.

"Hey, Des-" AJ and Chase started as I didn't reply back and continue making my way to the hydralift.

"Wait, hey, what's wrong?" Chase asked me, grabbing my arm before I could leave.

I let out a sigh and look at him, simply saying, "Ask your sister." I pull my arm out of his grip and leave out of mission command and appear in the penthouse.

Skylar noticed me and smiled, beginning, "Hey, Des. What-"

I continue to walk towards the door and then open it, glancing around the penthouse once more and let out a sad sigh. "Goodbye." I whisper and finally leave out of the apartment with the door slamming.

I flick my wrist to make a purple portal appear out of thin air and stepped inside, the portal closing behind me.

*Bree's POV*

Des, if you're reading my mind, please come back. I am so sorry. I didn't mean what I said. I just- I just was upset with this whole list thing and I directed my anger towards you. Des?

I desperately think inside of my head, hoping that my best friend was reading my mind with her telepathic ability.

"Bree!" Chase said while entering in the room that I was in, followed by Skylar and AJ, "Hey, what's wrong with Des? What happened?"

"It's my fault. I- I didn't mean it, though." I start.

"Bree, what did you say to Des?" Chase repeated his question, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Something that made her be done with everything, with us, with me... Des was just trying to help me- like she always does- and I just... I snapped." I answer.

"I have to go find her- Hopefully, Des didn't leave here and go to her home in that other world. Because if she did, we won't have a way to reach her. She'll have to reach out to us if she is there." Chase replied, heading over to the cyberdesk and began typing on it.

I really screwed up with Des. She has never let us down, but I just let her down.

"Des will come back. She never abandons her family, that's not who she is." AJ confidently spoke up, backing up Des because she's his role model, his hero.

"She might now. I really messed up." I murmur, guilt clearly worn on my face.

"Yeah, well, she's gonna come back because she always does." Chase and Skylar both replied in unison while Chase added, "What'd you say?"

I sigh, "Basically, saying that she doesn't care and that she has let all of us down and got her family killed..." 

"Bree!" Chase replied, upset, "None of that is true and you know it."

"I- I know... Like I said, I didn't mean it. I just- it slipped... and I messed up," Bree let out sadly.

***

"When my lightning blast ricocheted off the orb, it must have magnified my power. That's why you are-" Skylar started just as Bree fell to the floor.

"Bree!" Skylar and I exclaimed while she knelt beside Bree and I ran over to the two of them, Bree starting to breathe heavily.

"Des? Des, I-I'm so sorry-" Bree started weakly.

"Save your apology when you're not dying." I comment, glancing over at the rock.

"This is all my fault. If I didn't brag about my superpowers and made you jealous of me and Des, none of this would've happened." Skylar started.

"No, it's my fault for upsetting Des and thinking the rock would fix everything." Bree replied.

"Maybe it can. The supernatural energy from the Arcturian should heal you. If I touch it, then the healing energy will pass through me to you, and my powers should protect me." I state while approaching the rock.

"No, it's too dangerous." Bree weakly said while sitting up slowly.

"And I'm not gonna let my sister die." I reply as if it was obvious.

Bree looked at me with slightly watery eyes as she let out, "You- You still think of me as a- a sister even after...?"

I assure, "Absolutely."

"You'll have more of a surviving chance, if you and I combine our powers and touch the rock together to let it pass through to Bree." Skylar said, taking my hand in hers as she held Bree's hand in her other hand.

I open the side of the case, reach inside, and touch the space rock as the energy moved through me to Skylar to Bree. It hurts a lot. Abruptly, we let go while Skylar and I fall to the floor beside Bree, both breathless.

I lean up and look at the two girls beside me, starting, "Bree, Sky, you guys okay?" I glance at the two of them as they just woke up.

Bree groaned and sat up, looking at Skylar first. "Wait. You have six heads. Is this an alien thing or am I just dizzy?"

"You're dizzy. Wait." Skylar replied and moved her hands around her head to make for sure, "Yeah, it's you."

"Wow, I feel great." Bree said as the three of us stood up. She looked over at Skylar and then at me. "How are you guys?"

Skylar fake smiled and replied, "I'm fine." We look at her as she sighed and corrected herself, "Okay, I lost a few of my powers. What about you, Des?"

"I lost two of mine as well, my spikes power and my phasing ability." I answer as Bree looked from me to Skylar in shock.

"What? Why didn't you tell me that could happen?" Bree asked.

"Because if we did, you wouldn't have let us do it. Look, I would've given up all of my powers to save you, Bree." I answer.

"Why would you save me after all of the hurtful things I said to you?" Bree questioned me.

"That doesn't matter. You're my family. I'd do anything for you guys. You should know that by now. No matter how angry or hurt I am at you guys, I'll never stop fighting for all of you always." I answer.

"So, you forgive me?" Bree asked, her eyes watering.

"I do forgive you." I answer with a small smile.

"I don't even know what to say to both of you. Thank you." Bree replied to Skylar and me and hugged us.

"Ow, ow, ow!" Skylar and I say as Bree stepped back.

"Whoa, what just happened?" Bree asked as Skylar and I turn and saw Bree's handprints on both of our shirts.

"You burnt our brand-new shirts, that's what happened." Skylar remarked.

"Um... Guys?" Bree said and held a tablet that had another handprint on it. We walk up to her with small wide eyes.

"Whoa. That's thermo-touch. You just made indirect contact with the Arcturian." Skylar replied.

"Bree, you have superpowers!" I add.

"What!?" Bree grinned and went to give me a high-five when something came out of her hand. "Whoa! Okay, what is that?" She pointed to the blue circular ring in her hand.

"I have that same power. It's a proton ring. Throw it!" I comment as Bree threw it as the ring went into a circle and went back to her hand. She let out a laugh.

"That felt amazing!" Bree smiled, "It is supposed to go in a circle, right?"

Skylar and I nodded as I add, "I'll help you learn more about that power."

"Okay." Bree agreed with a smile, looking down at her hands.

"I am so excited for you. Come on, let's go tell everyone. I cannot wait to see Chase's face when he finds out." Skylar replied.

"I so want to see his reaction also. This is awesome!" I agree with her statement as the two of us headed over to the hydralift until Bree stopped us.

"Uh, I actually kind of wanna hold off for a little bit." Bree replied, "It's a lot to take in."

"Okay. It'll be our little secret." Skylar said as I nod.

"I can't believe I have superpowers, which makes me-" Bree started.

I cut her off with a grin, "The world's second bionic superhero hybrid." Skylar nodded.

"I was gonna say number two on AJ's list, but that works, too." Bree finished as we laugh and went up to the penthouse.

***

"Just when I thought that little argument set her over the edge, she returns back to this team. Her ties to these people, this so-called family of hers, is strong." A middle-aged black haired, silver eyed man commented, watching the live feed on his laptop of Destiny laugh with the superhero Skylar Storm and Bree Davenport.

"We're gonna have to up our game even more. Tapping into Bree's bionic chip to make her say those things was not enough." He finished, "She will leave them and join my side. But first, we need to isolate her and make her feel completely alone to where she'll have no choice but to come. Shadow!"

A dark haired, brown eyed guy entered the dim room, his hood over his head, and looked at him in question. "It's almost time for you to reunite with our dear friend Destiny."

Shadow nodded, glancing over at the live feed of the girl with her friends, "Okay."

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

419K 8.3K 60
In which a secret superhuman befriends three teen bionic heroes. All rights belong to the creators and producers of the Disney television show Lab R...
4.1K 125 17
After Mr Davenport decides the team has to split up, Bree, Chase and Harper are sent on a new mission with a new team named Elite Force. Joining forc...
49.7K 2K 37
"You're such a joy to be around."- "Well, you're a pain in the arse." Jordyn had no idea that befriending the lovely idiot who broke her locker would...
66.8K 1.2K 22
❝𝑇𝐻𝐸𝑅𝐸'𝑆 πΉπ΄π‘€πΌπΏπ‘Œ 𝐼𝑁 𝑇𝑂𝐺𝐸𝑇𝐻𝐸𝑅𝑁𝐸𝑆𝑆.❞ 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 π’–π’π’Šπ’•π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒆𝒔. π‘¬π’—π’†π’“π’šπ’ƒπ’π’…...