The Forgiven Bionic| Lab Rats...

By caler_jo_hyden

*Book two of Secretly Super, the Lab Rats story* Lab Rat D, but known as Destiny, finds herself intertwined w... More

Destiny
The Rise of Six
Holding out for a Hero
Power Play
The Superhero Code
Need for Speed
Follow the Leader
The List
The Intruder
The Rock
Home Sweet Home: Pt.1
Home Sweet Home: Pt.2
Remember
Game of Drones
They Grow Up So Fast
The Attack: Pt.1
The Attack: Pt.2
Season Two ❤️
Shapeshift Sickness
How Long Is Forever?
Going Wonkers
Switched
The Mark
The Prophesy
The Wish: Pt.1
The Wish: Pt.2
Memory Lost
The Ghost
Quake Exposed
Inevitable
Choices
A Brave New World
Season 3
Date with Destiny
Inhumans: Pt.1
Inhumans: Pt.2
The Puppet Master
O Brother of Mine
Surprise Birthday Party
You'll Be Okay
Come Back To Us
The End
Epilogue
Last Author's Note
Epigraph by Lab Rat D

Coming through in the Clutch

3.3K 68 19
By caler_jo_hyden

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Kaz was sitting on the couch as was I while Bree sat in the circular blue seat and Chase was somewhere in the kitchen. Oliver walked into the room with a poster in his hands, a grin on his face.

"Guys, I just found out they're having an Olympic send-off celebration at the park this afternoon." Oliver began excitedly.

"Ooh, will there be a piñata? Because if so, my candy-whackin' arm is locked and loaded." Kaz replied while rolling his shoulder and actually looked excited at mentioning hitting a piñata.

"It's a pep rally where fans can meet Olympic athletes before they fly to Rio to compete in the games. And, best of all, Clutch will be there!" Oliver further explained and opened his poster to reveal a really strong-looking man.

"Isn't Clutch that weightlifter who's really strong?" I speak up.

"He's only the greatest weightlifter ever and a shoo-in to win gold. They call him Clutch because he always come through in the clutch." Oliver replied, looking over at me while putting his hands on his hips, "Also, because his real name has fourteen syllables and won't fit on the back of a tank top."

"Yeah, I've met him before." I admit as Kaz, Oliver, and Bree looked over at me curiously. "When I was seven with Justin and my foster dad." I smile fondly at the memory.

"I've seen all of Clutch's competitions. One year I even dressed up like him for Halloween." Oliver replied.

I recall a memory then.

"Daddy, Justin, hurry up! We're gonna miss the competition!" Seven year old me said while on the back of my father piggyback style.

Dad and Justin laughed at my excitement and grinned at me. We notice a bulky man in red and blue short shorts and a tank top; He was standing around large sets of weights.

I move a little to get a better view, so my dad moved me on top of his shoulders. "The Clutch will lift this six hundred pound barbell and break the record!" Clutch announced while gesturing to the barbell with three hundred pounds on each sides of it.

We cheered loudly as he placed his hands on the bar and readied himself, lifting the barbell up in the air. He looked like he was about to drop it on himself. "Dad- Dad, you have to help him. He's gonna hurt himself." I start just as my dad placed me on my feet on the ground beside my eight year old brother.

"Somebody help." Clutch utter out while still struggling to lift the barbell off of him. Grant Moore hurried over the weightlifter and grabbed the barbell effortlessly and lifted it off of him, putting it back on the ground.

Justin wrapped a reassuring arm around my shoulders as we watch our dad save Clutch. "You saved my life. Thank you. How can I repay you?" Clutch said to Grant.

"How about an autograph for my two kids?" Grant asked lightly with a smile and then gestured for Justin and me to come over to them as we walk over to the two of them. "This is Justin and Destiny."

"It's good to meet you, Kids. Your dad is a hero today. You're lucky to have him as your father." Clutch replied to my brother and me as we both smile at our dad and then at the weightlifter.

"Here." Clutch started and removed two of his small medals around his neck and handed each one to Justin and me; He signed the back of the medals and smiled.

"Wow, thanks!" I speak up happily as Justin agreed in equal happiness, "Yeah, thanks!"

"Anything for the guy who saved my life's kids." Clutch commented, shaking my dad's hand as the four of us took a group picture.

I grin big, and once the photo was took, I look up at the huge weightlifter, starting, "I'm a big fan. You're so cool, and- and wow."

Justin laughed some, nudging me lightly in my arm, "You really are talking a lot, Sis."  I stick my tongue out at my brother and Clutch told our father, "Thank you again. If you ever need anything, just let me know."

I blink and tune back in the conversation, hearing Chase speak up, walking over to us with a smile, "Oliver, instead of some meathead jock, why not idolize a real hero? Like a president or Nobel-winning scientist- or me."

"Or you could idolize a cool athlete like Tom Brady- or me." Kaz added and smiled, "I'm great at foosball."

"I can't wait to meet Clutch. Wait. What am I gonna say? What am I gonna wear?" Oliver commented and then thought of something as his face lit up, "Ooh! I wonder if my Halloween costume still fits."

Oliver quickly started heading to the stairs just as Skylar descends down them. "Guess what, Skylar? It Clutch time!" Then he ran upstairs as Skylar looked at us in confusion.

"Was he flirting with me or threatening me? I can never tell with his little boy energy." Skylar replied as Chase sat down on the couch beside, placing an arm around my shoulders and pulling me close.

"Yeah, don't worry about him. He's just excited to meet his hero who's in the Summer Olympics." Kaz said.

"Girl from another planet question- What are the Summer Olympics?" Skylar inquired confusedly.

"They're a series of events for the world's best athletes." I explain as Bree stood up and walked over to Skylar and added, "The winner takes a gold medal, second takes silver, third takes bronze."

"Oh, yeah, they have that where I'm from too, except on my planet, they don't hand out medals. There, if you get second, they melt down your bones to build a podium for the winner." Skylar commented.

"Anyway, ours represent sport in the truest form." Bree said.

"There's pageantry, sportsmanship, and-" I begin again as Bree cut me off, "And super hot guys from countries I've never even heard of."

Chase moved his thumb up and down my shoulder and spoke up, "You know, I've always wanted to compete in the Olympics, but my bionics would give me an unfair advantage."

"I could arrange for you to compete on my planet." Skylar replied.

"Yeah, I'm good." Chase said.

"You know, weirdly, I kind of want to take you up on that offer and play your Olympics." I comment in amusement, leaning up to look at Skylar.

"I'm sure you would win." Skylar nodded confidently, her hands on her hips.

I lean back again as Chase now rubbed my back; I rest my head on his shoulder and wrap my arms around his waist just as I heard footsteps coming back down the stairs.

Oliver stepped off of the last step and over to us. He was wearing a small, tight costume. "Look, it still fits!"

"No, it doesn't." I reply, "Now, that image is burned into my memory, thanks a lot." I groan at the last part and bury my face in my boyfriend's chest as he held me in his arms. Chase chuckled and patted my back assuringly.

***

We walk into the park where a lot of people were gathered around at the different booths and events. "This is so exciting! Clutch is gonna be here any second. Ooh, I'm gonna have him sign my bicep!" Oliver said excitedly.

"Let's hope he has a fine-tip pen." I remark as Oliver slightly glared at me while Kaz looked around and back at us.

"Cool, so no piñata." Kaz commented disappointed and held up a stick he brought with him, "Guess I brought this for nothing." He tossed it and I had to duck to miss being hit. I smack his arm and give him a 'really' look as he just shrugged.

"Guys, guys, a fencing demonstration!" Chase pointed out to the group of fencers playing with their swords.

"I just threw away my stick." Kaz commented as I put out there, "And almost hit Des." He sheepishly grinned and then shrugged again.

"I wish I could compete in the Olympics so bad. My laser bo would have this thing locked up." Chase said.

"Your laser bo would slice them in half." Bree pointed out.

"Yeah, but I'd win." Chase grinned.

I place both hands on his shoulders and look at him and innocently reply, "Oh, sweetie. You can't use your laser bo to slice people in half. If you do, I'll slice you in half with my laser bo."

I grin and let go as he rolled his eyes but also grinned. I kiss him and part. "I'm gonna go join those fencers- I bet I can beat them. I'll catch up to you guys later." I remark and grin at the team, saluting, and then left to go join the group of fencers.

"Des, wait, you can't use your abilities-" Bree started as I face her once more with a smirk and cut her off confidently, "Don't have to. You forget I'm from another world and was taught how to sword fight excellently."

"Okay then." Bree said in amusement, chuckling.

I observe the other fencers' moves and watch them duel against one another. "You want to join?" One fencer asked, lifting his mask up to look at me.

"Sure, but fair warning, I'm great with a sword." I comment. He laughed and handed me a fencing sword and suit as I quickly suit up and hold onto the sword. "Who will I be going up against?"

"Him. He just showed up and, so far, he's the champion and has beaten every one of us." The blue eyed boy beside me answered, nodding over at a masked guy currently defeating another person effortlessly.

"Who is he?" I curiously ask, watching him as he twirled the sword in his hand and ducked from a swing by his opponent.

"No one knows- He doesn't really speak much." The blue eyed boy answered, whistling to catch his attention just as the masked guy defeated his opponent. "Hey, Shadow, you got yourself a new challenger."

"Shadow? Why's he called that?" I question with one raised eyebrow.

"Because he's as quick as a shadow. You don't see his moves coming." The boy explained once more just as the masked man approached us and looked directly at me. "Good luck. Wait. What's your name?"

"Destiny." I slide my mask down on my face and faced the masked guy in front of me, readying myself. Then the cold feeling washed over me again as the chilling male voice spoke inside of my mind again, Everyone has it, but no one can lose it. What is it? What is it, Destiny?

I look at my oppenent, watching his moves carefully. A shadow. I thrust my sword out in front of me, towards his chest as he blocked it with his sword, pushing mine away.

He swung his sword down vertically as I move mine horizontally, both of ours forming a 'T' and then an 'X'. I spin around quickly, ducking from his sword, and strike mine to his side as he swiftly blocked it, pushing me back.

I go for the center of his chest again just as he pushed my sword aside with his and then I feel a little jab on my side. He tagged me. "Round one, Shadow." The blue eyed boy announced.

I back up a step and twirl my sword around in my hand, watching him. This time the guy struck first by swinging his sword horizontally towards me as I reel back and strike my sword downwards, meeting his and forming a cross.

I notice something different about him that no one else noticed before; His shadow lunged over to my shadow and tripped me as I fall down, now on my back on the ground. He poked my chest with his fencing sword.

"Round two, Shadow."

I stand back up as pick my sword back up, both of us starting to circle around each other, watching to see who was going to make a move first.

He's got powers like me, but using them to cheat at fencing. His shadow manipulation ability is like Justin's- and strangely, his fighting style is like my big brother's. Could he be-? No, that ridiculous, he's not even alive.

I run up to him but reel back when he swung his sword; I cartwheel on his side and kick his thigh, making him fall on that knee. I swing my sword forward just as the guy blocked it, standing back up, as our swords were still against one another's.

I push our swords aside and quickly duck underneath his outstretched arm and was now behind him, tapping his back with the tip of my sword. "Round three, Destiny! But since it's 2-1, Shadow won the duel. It's over."

I lift my mask off of my face and step close to the still masked guy; I move my hand towards him as he grabbed my wrist as I held his. I let out a small gasp, images flashed into my head quickly.

I step back and continue to look at him. "You fought good. Good game." I murmur, still a bit dazed. He nodded once and walked away. I remove my padded suit and hand the fencing equipment back over to the blue eyed boy.

"You were great. No one hasn't defeated him in at least one round, except for you. Come back anytime, Destiny." He commented.

"Thanks. I, uh, have to go." I reply and walk away and stop in front of the side of the restroom building, leaning against it.

That was odd. When I had held his wrist, images of my brother and me flashed in my head. "Can he be-?" I murmur, looking over my shoulder and over at the fencing group, noticing the mysterious masked guy looking at me as well.

Something I didn't expect to happen- he started walking over to me. I braced myself as the guy grabbed my arm and dragged me behind the building. "Justin, is that you?" I ask him quietly once he let me go.

"Who's Justin?" He answered with another question, lifting his mask to where it now rested on top of his head.

I felt my eyes widen while also letting out a shaky gasp. I would recognize the brown eyed, dark haired guy anywhere. He really is my big brother who had passed away. "You are." I reply, searching for any sign of recognition on his face but there was none.

"Look, I'm not this Justin guy... whoever he is- but I am here to deliver you a message." He said, his hands on his hips.

"O- Okay." I manage to say, my heart leaping in my throat. He doesn't remember me or who he truly is.

"You will come to him when it's time and will join him." He replied, "And you know him- He's the one who telepathically communicates with you occasionally."

"Who is he? What's his name?" I question him, my eyebrows furrowed. He smirked and teleported away, leaving me alone now. "Justin? Justin!"

I move my hands through my hair and look around, dropping my hands to my sides. My big brother who I thought had died is actually alive and doesn't even remember who I am or who he really is.

I control my heart rate to keep my earth ability in check and not cause an earthquake. I take off running and find Bree and Chase standing near a starting line beside a crowd.

"And our two finalists for the mini Olympics are Zoe and Bob!" The announcer stated. Bob and a girl, Zoe, were currently stretching for the game. "The deciding event is a one mile race around the park."

Chase and Bree was talking and then moved over to Zoe. Then the announcer spoke up again, "Runners, take your marks." Bob and Zoe both went to their marks and got ready. "Get set, go!"

Zoe and Bob took off running while Bree and Chase was cheering loudly;  I approach the two bionic people as they notice me. "Hey Des, have fun fencing?" Bree lightly asked.

"Uh, sure, it was interesting, not what I thought it was gonna be like, though- It had a... surprising twist to it..." I answer, trailing off.

We walked up to the halfway point and noticed Zoe running in first with Bob behind her. "You're halfway there. Keep it up, Zoe. Go." Bree cheered.

"Run, Bob, run!" Chase told him and just as Bob passed us, Chase muttered, "There's no way he can catch up. I gotta do something."

"Hey, no, no, no. We said we were not going to use our bionics to help our kids win." Bree pointed out to him.

"Yes, but we never said anything about using our bionics to make sure the other kid doesn't win." Chase also pointed out and smiled widely and took off running.

"Oh, no, you don't! Come on, Des!" Bree replied, chasing after her brother as I quickly follow after the two of them.

It was the last lap as the announcer commented, "Here they come to the finish line!"

I notice Zoe panting but was still in first. "I'm almost there," She remarked and started running but was stopped by Chase using his molecularkinesis to hold the said girl in place.

Bob ran up and came up to Zoe, breathlessly saying, "I'm gonna win."

"Oh no, you're not." Bree commented and super speeded Bob back to where Zoe was at.

"Hey, how did I get back here?" Bob questioned in confusion.

"This is a disaster." I mutter under my breath and send Bree and Chase back a few feet and keep them pinned there with my telekinesis.

I look over at Bob and Zoe and nod at them as the two kids took off running towards the finish line. "Des, you can let us go now." Chase and Bree both complained to me.

"And the winner is Bob!" I finally release them as the three of us sprinted over to Bob and Zoe.

"Yes! Yes, I won! The torch is mine!" Chase exclaimed, snatching the metal torch out of Bob's hand.

"Give me that." Bob said, snatching it back, "I don't want to run with you."

"What?" Chase asked.

Bob looked at Zoe and commented, "You should run with your dad."

"Really?" Zoe asked.

"Yeah. You're the only one who played fair. And besides, I've decided to retire on top and never run again." Bob answered, handing the metal torch over to the girl.

"Fine by me." Zoe replied and took the torch and ran over to her dad. "Whoohoo!"

"Bob, I'm proud of you. That was really nice of you to do." I speak up, my hand on the boy's shoulder.

"Me too. You know, this is sportsmanship at its best." Bree agreed.

"Yeah, and this is my magnetism app at its best." Chase commented and made the metal torch fly back to him and into his hand.

"Hey!" Zoe exclaimed.

Chase laughed, "See you in Rio." He took off running just as I use my magnetism app and make the metal torch come to me as I catch it. "What the- Des!" He stopped in his tracks and looked back at me.

I smirk and approach him, stopping a few paces from him. "You don't need this to go to Rio. And if you want to be in the Olympics so badly, I can call a family friend and pull some strings to get you a position there, but you have to let me give this back to Zoe and let her keep it. Deal?"

"Throw in a kiss and we have ourselves a deal," Chase cheekily replied.

"Okay." I smile and then we kiss and part from each other as I super speed to the little girl and hand her the metal torch. I super speed back to my boyfriend and the three of us walk home to the penthouse.

***

The three of us enter inside of the penthouse and notice Clutch with Kaz, Skylar, and Oliver. "Hey guys, remember Clutch?" Kaz asked.

"Oh, hey, Clutch." Chase started and then leaned over to Kaz and muttered, "Why is he in our house?"

"Ah, well, Oliver shattered his foot. And then Skylar abducted him from the hospital. Then we fixed him in our top secret command center where no one's ever supposed to go." Kaz briefly explained, smiling.

"That explains that." I remark as Chase nodded.

"So, how was your day?" Kaz asked the three of us.

"Great, we used our bionics to crush the dreams of innocent children." Bree answered, gesturing between her and Chase.

"And I found out that my big brother is not really dead and actually alive and is out there somewhere." I add with a tired sigh, "Wow, we really are an elite force."

Chase and Bree shared a look at the mention of my brother not being dead and glanced over at me. "Don't worry about it. It's okay. I- I'm okay." I add.

"Hey, I remember you. You're Grant's daughter, Destiny, right? I knew you looked familiar." Clutch started.

"You remember me?" I curiously replied, actually surprised because I was just seven when we had met.

"Of course. Clutch never forgets the man who had saved me all those years ago." Clutch nodded.

"Wait, that was your dad who lifted that barbell off of him?" Oliver questioned me in surprise, "That was so cool."

"Yeah, he was pretty cool." I nod in agreement. We all sat in the living room and just relaxed and talked about different topics, enjoying the rest of the day.

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 700 57
Hundreds of mile away from home. New school. New friends. New life. New feelings? Maybe Everything was bound to change as the Walsh family stepped in...
209K 2.4K 20
A book of imagines about Chase Davenport. Including lab rats, lab rats bionic island and lab rats elite force. Lots of fluff too. ~ Requests are open...
68.7K 1.9K 23
"𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝗼𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝗼 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐡𝗼𝐰 𝐮𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝗼𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬." A near-death experience ends with...
49.3K 1.1K 16
" ι'м no longer ѕυrprιѕed anyмore" нe ѕнooĸ нιѕ нead. "yoυ need тo ѕтop pυѕнιng yoυrѕelғ away ғroм people" ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊...