The Forgiven Bionic| Lab Rats...

By caler_jo_hyden

*Book two of Secretly Super, the Lab Rats story* Lab Rat D, but known as Destiny, finds herself intertwined w... More

Destiny
The Rise of Six
Power Play
The Superhero Code
Need for Speed
Follow the Leader
The List
Coming through in the Clutch
The Intruder
The Rock
Home Sweet Home: Pt.1
Home Sweet Home: Pt.2
Remember
Game of Drones
They Grow Up So Fast
The Attack: Pt.1
The Attack: Pt.2
Season Two ❀️
Shapeshift Sickness
How Long Is Forever?
Going Wonkers
Switched
The Mark
The Prophesy
The Wish: Pt.1
The Wish: Pt.2
Memory Lost
The Ghost
Quake Exposed
Inevitable
Choices
A Brave New World
Season 3
Date with Destiny
Inhumans: Pt.1
Inhumans: Pt.2
The Puppet Master
O Brother of Mine
Surprise Birthday Party
You'll Be Okay
Come Back To Us
The End
Epilogue
Last Author's Note
Epigraph by Lab Rat D

Holding out for a Hero

5.7K 84 10
By caler_jo_hyden

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Kaz and I was sitting on the couch, bored, while Oliver and Chase was talking about science. Normally, I would join in their science conversations, but I'm just too bored right now.

Kaz then yawned as a fireball shot out and came towards me as I throw my hands up and make a force field, deflecting the fireball as it bounced off and caught the coffee table on fire.

Kaz and I laughed while Chase ran to get the fire extinguisher. "He always seems to forget I control all of the elements, including water." I remark in amusement.

Oliver smiled and Kaz laughed while Chase scrambled to put the fire out with the extinguisher.

Davenport ran into the room and looked around, his eyes landing on the burnt coffee table. "I heard an explosion. Did we get attacked by shapeshifters again?" He was wearing a very tight outfit.

"Aah!" Chase and I jumped a bit as I remark towards the grown man, "No. But could you cover up, we're seeing a little too much shape shifting over there." Chase threw a throw blanket at his dad.

"What happened?" Donald asked.

"I'm guessing a combination of gravity and middle age." Kaz answered.

"To that." Davenport corrected while he gestured to the newly burnt table.

"Oh, well, Oliver and Chase were talking about science. Des and I got bored and I yawned, something flew out of my mouth and it went towards Des who used her shield around her and then that happened." Kaz explained.

"He found another superpower- It's a fire grenade." Oliver commented with a grin.

"Fire grenade, that's lame. I'm calling it my yawn bomb." Kaz smiled.

"Yeah, way cooler." I replied sarcastically but smiled also.

"So, wait, you just discovered something you didn't know you had? How many powers were in that space rock!?" Chase questioned.

"That's gonna be tough to answer, considering it didn't come with a manual." I remark and look over at Kaz and Oliver, adding, "Even if it did, they probably wouldn't read it."

"This is just like you guys when you unlocked your bionic abilities." Donald said towards Chase and me, thinking.

"Oh, yeah, except our abilities come from a highly advanced infrastructure and theirs come from a magic witch pebble. Whoo!" Chase commented while moving his hips and wiggling his fingers.

"You do remember that majority of my powers are not bionic and that I'm from another world, right?" I say.

"I remember. It's still impossible." Chase pouted a little as I wrap my arm around his arm and hold his hand.

"Either way, this is a great opportunity for the team. We can hone in their abilities the way I trained you two." Donald started again.

"Technically, you and Douglas helped train me and then my foster family trained me for the rest of my childhood." I point out in amusement.

"I still helped." Donald pouted a little.

"Yes you did, and I love youuuuuu." I mock innocently while grinning at him. He rolled his eyes but chuckled in amusement also.

"Superhero school. That sounds fun." Oliver commented.

Kaz groaned out of boredom, "School? Boring." He let out a yawn and a fireball shot out of his mouth and made the umbrella stand burst into flames.

"Well, that's the last time that umbrella stand attacks anyone." I remark sarcastically as Kaz laughed.

***

Mr. Davenport took Oliver, Kaz, Chase, and I down to Mission Command. "Good news, ladies, I'm about to teach my first-" Donald began as I cleared my throat as he looked at me and corrected himself, "Second class of superhero school." He smiled at Bree and Skylar.

"I'm out." Bree said.

"Right behind you." Skylar replied.

Both of the girls looked at me as Bree inquired curiously, "You coming, Des?"

"No, I wanna watch this go terribly wrong, which it probably will." I answer as Donald rolled his eyes and shook his head. The two girls nodded and left out of the room.

"Okay, guys, I'll be your instructor and Chase will be my apprentice." Donald started as the two new superheroes nodded.

"What!? Why am I the apprentice? What about Des?" Chase questioned.

"I'm just like an advisor for the team." I answer, "And you're just an apprentice because you don't know anything about superheroes."

"Oh, and he does?" Chase replied to me while gesturing to Davenport.

"Hello, I'm Donald Davenport." Donald said with sass as I smirk.

"Just because you wear disturbingly tight unitards does not make you a superhero." Chase replied.

"Have you tried putting that stuff on? Yeah, it does." I remark and high-five Davenport.

"Okay, Kaz, let's start your training by giving your fire grenades another go. I want you to use your grenades to hit the bottle in the middle and leave the others untouched." Davenport began.

"Got it." Kaz commented.

"You might wanna back up. When it comes to learning, Kaz doesn't." Oliver said to Chase and me.

Though, surprisingly, Kaz did hit the center water bottle with a fire grenade or "yawn bomb" and left the others untouched.

"You did it. Congrats, Kaz." I say impressed at his first attempt with aiming his new power.

"If our enemies are 16 ounce bottles of water, I think I'm ready." Kaz commented with a smile and stepped over to us as Oliver stepped forward.

"Great job. Oliver, you're up. Now, since you have ice and water-based abilities, I want you to use your ice blast to freeze the bottle on the left." Donald stated as Oliver nodded.

Oliver held out his hand as it turned to a bluish color and an ice cube fell from his palm. "Is that an ice cube?" Chase questioned while stifling back his laughter.

I nudge the hazel eyed teen in his ribs a bit as he gave me an apologetic smile and held my hand. "I don't know what that was. Let me try again." Oliver answered, making more ice cubes come out of his hands, "Yup, that was an ice cube."

"Alright. Oliver, can I talk to you for a sec?" I speak up and grab his arm while dragging him to the other side of the room. "What's up?"

"I don't know what happened." Oliver admitted.

"I do. You're focusing too much on showing up Kaz and you're doubting yourself. You need to have confidence in yourself." I answer truthfully.

"Maybe you're right. Let me go try again." Oliver said and we walk back over to Chase, Kaz, and Donald.

Oliver took a deep breath and held his palm out towards the water bottle on the left; It worked a little and blasted Donald, who was standing beside the bottles, with his ice power instead.

Donald was covered in frost now and shivering coldly, shaking with his teeth chattering. I stifle back my laugh and move over to Donald, warming him up with my fire power.

***

Kaz and I was burning the wall to make a portrait of Mr. Davenport's face. "You know, I don't think that's gonna come off." Kaz said.

"Nor should it." Davenport replied while standing in front of it proudly.

"Yeah, this was a horrible idea." I remark while laughing.

Bree ran into the room then and over to us. "Help me! I told Skylar that we're like sisters and she starts throwing me around like Adam does Chase. She gave me a wedgie. Girls don't do that!"

"Yeah..." Kaz and I laughed.

"Yeah what?" Bree repeated while looking at us.

"That's what all girls on Skylar's planet do-" I start.

"They are beautiful, smart, and extremely violent-" Kaz added.

"Trust me, I know from experience. I learned the hard way like you are right now. So, good luck." I also add.

"Believe it or not, she's bonding with you." Kaz finished while shrugging.

"She's coming. Hide me." Bree commented while looking around the room.

"You have an invisibility app." I point out.

"Right." Bree commented and turned invisible just as Skylar stepped out of the hydralift.

"What's up, guys?" Skylar said and stopped where Bree was still invisible at. "Ooh, looks like someone wants to play another game. I can hear your breathing, Bree." She kicked the air beside her as Bree collapsed onto the floor with a pained grunt and turned visible again.

"Wow, she really likes you." Kaz and I comment simultaneously as Donald cringed and Bree groaned in pain.

***

I walk back into the penthouse just as I see a cyclone from Oliver blow Donald off of the building. I run over to the ledge as did Kaz, Chase, and Oliver, finding that Donald was now holding on by the edge of the davenhead.

"I'm coming!" Oliver exclaimed and jumped down, flying to the man and was now also hanging on the edge of the statue head of Donald.

"What happened?" I asked the two boys beside me.

"Oliver knocked Mr. Davenport off the terrace by his cyclone fingers." Kaz explained.

"We want Oliver to save him. This will boost his confidence." Chase also added.

"Well, I'll make popcorn and we can watch this disaster play out." Kaz replied while walking to the kitchen to make some popcorn.

"And I'll be on the ground, ready to catch both of them if Oliver ends up failing." I comment with a sigh and head out of the penthouse and walk out of the building.

I sit down on the bench and look up, noticing Donald and Oliver still holding onto the davenhead on the side of the penthouse building.

"Come on, Oliver." I mutter under my breath, noticing a booth beside me selling fruits. I stand up and move over to the fruit stand and eat some grapes while still watching Oliver and Donald hang off of the davenhead over the city.

The two of them began to fall and wasn't slowing down any at all. I shake my hands out on both sides of me and thrust both palms outwards and upwards to the two falling guys.

I manipulate their vibrations by using my earth and air abilities and then make them go upward instead of going down; I hear cracking sounds in my wrists as I let out a scream of pain but continue to lift them up using my earth ability.

Then Oliver suddenly grabbed a hold of Donald's belt loop and flew them both over the terrace and both landed on the floor inside of the penthouse.

I drop my palms and was now hunched over, breathless, and glance down at the fresh bruises on my wrists and sighed, teleporting into the penthouse.

Donald noticed me and nodded. "Thanks, Des. I knew I could count on you- That's why I'm leaving everything to you, Kid." He said.

"Yup, yeah, no problem. I'm just gonna go put on my gauntlets." I mutter, walking up the stairs while skipping a few steps.

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 3.3K 13
❝𝐡𝐸𝑆𝑇 𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑁𝐺𝑆 𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑃𝐸𝑁 π‘ˆπ‘πΈπ‘‹π‘ƒπΈπΆπ‘‡πΈπ·.❞ 𝑨 π’π’π’“π’Žπ’‚π’ π’ˆπ’Šπ’“π’ π’„π’π’Žπ’ƒπ’Šπ’π’†π’… π’˜π’Šπ’•π’‰ 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 π’ƒπ’Šπ’π’π’Šπ’„ π’”π’Šπ’ƒπ’π’Šπ’π’ˆοΏ½...
4.4K 227 32
After the city is taken over by the army of shape-shifters. Reese gets the list of superheroes, and Glitch takes control of Harper's life almost comp...
208K 2.4K 20
A book of imagines about Chase Davenport. Including lab rats, lab rats bionic island and lab rats elite force. Lots of fluff too. ~ Requests are open...
52.8K 1K 24
After splitting up the team, Harley and the two Davenport siblings find themselves joining forces with another team, Mighty Med. Harley has to learn...