The Forgiven Bionic| Lab Rats...

By caler_jo_hyden

*Book two of Secretly Super, the Lab Rats story* Lab Rat D, but known as Destiny, finds herself intertwined w... More

Destiny
Holding out for a Hero
Power Play
The Superhero Code
Need for Speed
Follow the Leader
The List
Coming through in the Clutch
The Intruder
The Rock
Home Sweet Home: Pt.1
Home Sweet Home: Pt.2
Remember
Game of Drones
They Grow Up So Fast
The Attack: Pt.1
The Attack: Pt.2
Season Two ❤️
Shapeshift Sickness
How Long Is Forever?
Going Wonkers
Switched
The Mark
The Prophesy
The Wish: Pt.1
The Wish: Pt.2
Memory Lost
The Ghost
Quake Exposed
Inevitable
Choices
A Brave New World
Season 3
Date with Destiny
Inhumans: Pt.1
Inhumans: Pt.2
The Puppet Master
O Brother of Mine
Surprise Birthday Party
You'll Be Okay
Come Back To Us
The End
Epilogue
Last Author's Note
Epigraph by Lab Rat D

The Rise of Six

9K 108 21
By caler_jo_hyden

✖️✖️✖️✖️

I was typing on the cyberdesk in the mission command, waiting on Davenport to bring Bree and Chase and Kaz, Oliver, and Skylar down to the new lab in the penthouse.

The doors to the hyperlift opened then as Davenport led the five out of the high-tech elevator. "Welcome to Mission Command." He announced.

"And just like that we're back in the basement." Bree pointed out.

"Actually, this is our team central nervous system. It'll be where we train, plan for missions-" I start, speaking up.

"And learn how things work before you touch them." Davenport finished while slapping Kaz's hand away from the technology.

"Wait, Des!?" Bree and Chase said in surprise, huge grins on their faces. I outstretch my arms and smile as they rushed over to me and hugged me.

"Oh, yeah, Des is my other surprise for the Elite Force." Donald added, also smiling.

Kaz, Oliver, and Skylar grinned and also hugged me. Davenport's phone rang and he went back up the hyperlift.

"I'm just gonna say I'm very uncomfortable with that guy being head of this operation." Skylar commented.

"You'll get used to him." I shrug lightly; Chase and I was now holding hands.

"Alright, let's head out and go searching for the low lives that destroyed Mighty Med." Kaz stated.

"But we don't even know where to look." Oliver pointed out.

"Well, we have to look somewhere. We'll go city by city starting here." Kaz replied and faced Chase, Bree, and myself, "You guys take uptown. We'll take downtown."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. We don't just go randomly looking for people- We have to devise a plan first." Chase commented.

"I just did- uptown, downtown, and I don't know any other parts of the town, so... plan commenced!" Kaz said, fixing to walk away as I grabbed his arm and pulled him back to our group.

***

"Tell me again. Why do you even have this?" I ask while helping him carry a big picture of Mr. Davenport with money falling around him.

"To make it feel like home." Donald answered.

"Whatever." I laugh. We stop when both of us heard a noise; It was high-pitched and sounded kind of like a whooshing sound.

I move over to the window suspiciously and glance over at Davenport. "Call the others." I tell him.

"Right." Davenport nodded and called the others like I had told him to do, "Guys, get up here! There's something strange going on."

The five other teens came up and Skylar was the first to see the picture of the billionaire. "Whoa, that is strange." She remarked while gesturing to the picture.

"Not that. Outside." Donald said while pointing at the window where I was still at. "Something flew by the window. I couldn't get a good look at it."

"Neither could I."I add, still looking around warily. Chase moved over to the window and now stood beside me.

"I know something that's gonna fly out the window." Bree commented to Skylar while the group moved over to the window as well.

"I'm serious. There is something out there." Donald replied.

Chase and I use our bionic hearing and could hear the high-pitched noise. "Get down!" Both of us exclaimed as Chase grabbed me and jumped over the sofa as we landed on the floor; He was on top of me as the others ran and took cover as the glass shattered.

Once it was over, Davenport spoke up, "Is everyone okay?"

Chase looked at me, noticing the small cut on my cheekbone not healing, and furrowed his eyebrows slightly.

"Yeah." Skylar spoke for everyone.

"We're okay." I also add as Chase helped me up off of the floor and removed the small pieces of glass from my hair. "Hey, there's something on the floor."

"Yeah, thirty-six thousand dollars worth of glass." Davenport remarked as I roll my eyes and picked up the small box.

"What is it?" Oliver inquired.

"I don't know. Open it." Kaz replied.

"Wait."

"Check the card first." Kaz added.

"No, don't open it. It could be rigged to blow this place apart." Chase said while I use my bionic eye to check the contents of the inside of the box.

"It's a flash drive." I replied as Chase nodded in confirmation.

***

Chase finished downloading it while we wait to see what's on the flash drive as it appeared in a holographic screen. "It's a video message." Donald pointed out, exchanging a look with Chase and I as I move my hand over it and make it appear on the monitor on the wall.

Two men in masks and hoods now spoke up in the video. "Destroying your little hospital was just the beginning. We're on the hunt for every superhero that remains, and soon, they will all be extinct. And, once you have watched us eliminate them, we're coming for you, Oliver, Kaz, Skylar, Quake, and anyone who's dumb enough to defend you."

The video ended as we all looked at one another; Chase held my hand, squeezing it in reassurance.

After the video was through playing, everyone had went to sleep, except for me apparently.

I rub my wrists and enter the living room, making sure no one else was in the room; I unwrap the white ace bandage on one of my arms and look at the bruises.

Ever since I had absorbed Zelda's energy- well, my bad energy- I lost my healing ability. I no longer heal, which really sucks.

The bruises are from my earth ability, which was enhanced or amplified from that upgrade Donald and Douglas had given me.

Every time I use that ability, without my healing power, it'll backfire on me- so, I have been using my gauntlets usually.

I wrap my wrists back up with fresh ace bandages just as Donald walked into the room, noticing me. "Hey, Des. Why aren't you sleeping?"

I put up my convincing "everything-is-okay" facade and smiled at him. "Skylar's snoring too loudly." I simply answer. This was true- but it's not the main reason.

I haven't really been sleeping that well lately, especially with the very loud buzzing inside of my head.

"I was wondering what that noise upstairs was." Donald replied, then noticing the bandages wrapped around my wrists and pointed it out, "What's wrong with your wrists?"

"What ever do you mean?" I innocently ask lightly, clearing my throat and made my way towards the stairs, "Well, I guess I should try to sleep. Night, Big D."

"Des."

I grinned and super speeded up the stairs and into the girls' room, plopping down on my bed. I could feel Skylar's snores even more than everyone else can due to the vibrations, which added to the loudness of the buzzing.

Get your mind off of it, Des. Think of something, anything. Clear your head. I thought and found myself thinking about Chase, which helped calm some of the buzzing but it was still loud.

***

Oliver came into our bedroom and woke Skylar and myself up. "Ugh, and I just fell asleep!" I sleepily complain while racing downstairs as did the others.

Donald explained what was going on as we raced out of the penthouse and searched for Kaz.

Chase, Skylar, Oliver, and I regrouped as we ran into an alleyway where Bree and Kaz stood in defensive stances in front of a really big, spinning dark cloud.

The four of us joined Bree and Kaz and also stood in defensive stances. "What is that?" Chase questioned.

"Meet the guys who destroyed Mighty Med. They're shapeshifters." Kaz simply explained.

"Oh okay. What the heck are shapeshifters!?" Chase demanded as Skylar and I explain it to him while also devising a plan in our heads.

"Get down!" I tell the team as we ducked just as the deadly black cloud swooped down and barely missed us.

We stood back up as Kaz and I shot at the cloud with our fire ability. "Chase, now would be a good time for one of your brilliant plans!" Kaz said.

"Now you want a plan?" Chase replied.

"I didn't ask for you guys to show up." Kaz pointed out.

"I didn't want to show up!"

"I was sleeping!"

"We know."

I shook my head and stepped forward to the cloud, fixing to ice the shapeshifters with my water ability, but was stopped when the cloud surrounded me and electrocuted me.

I fall to the ground with a groan as Bree helped me back to my feet. "Guys!" Bree exclaimed as the group ended their arguments and looked over at Bree and I. "Where'd they go?"

We look around the ally but don't see them anymore. I could still hear them, however, as Chase and I glance at one another and look up. "Uh... Guys."

The six of us looked up just as the cloud that was Riker and Roman came crashing down; We flew back and crashed into the walls.

Bree, Chase, Kaz, Skylar, and Oliver was already knocked out; I try to blink the blurriness from my sight just as Roman punched me in the face. I slip into unconsciousness as well then.

***

I wake up by someone shaking me; I let out a groan and sit up after opening my eyes. "Skylar? Where are we?"

"I don't know. They took us somewhere and locked us up." Skylar explained while standing up from her crouched position in front of me and helped me up also.

"Well, well, well, Skylar Storm and Quake. Looks like you two lost this battle." Riker stated while leaning against the wall.

"You won't get away with this. Our team will find us." Skylar replied.

"I'm sure they will, but it will be a little too late for you and her. By the time they get here, we'll be on our next superhero, then the next, then the next. Until all of you are destroyed." Roman said.

Riker pushed himself off of the wall. "Yeah, if we can actually find them." He commented.

I fold my arms across my chest as Roman replied, "Hey, we'll find them. Because they're gonna tell us exactly where they are." He walked towards the cell door in front of Skylar and myself.

"I could tell." I started sarcastically, "But I won't." I thrust my hand outwards and make Roman fly backwards and crash onto the floor a few feet from us by my earth ability.

I let out a stifled, pained scream, rubbing my wrist briefly. Then I break the cell door off of its hinges by my super strength.

"Get away from them!" Chase exclaimed while running with Bree, Kaz, and Oliver over to us.

"A little late for the rescue." I remark in amusement as Skylar and I stood by our four friends now.

"Well, look who it is." Roman grinned as he stood back up and walked over to his brother.

"You just made the biggest mistake of your lives." Riker added.

"Let's do this." Roman smirked and he and Riker stood ready, the six of us also stood ready just as the brothers shifted into the dark cloud again and circled around all of us.

"Great, they're doing their dust bunny thing again." Kaz remarked.

The six of us was squeezed tightly together, myself in between Chase and Kaz. "They're creating a centrifugal force around us-" I started.

"Guys, we have to act fast- The force will crush us." Bree added.

"Not gonna lie, kind of okay with this." Oliver said as his face was resting on Skylar's shoulder.

"Wait, if shapeshifters can change their form by manipulating their molecular structures-" Chase and I started in unison.

"Then there has to be a way to freeze the molecules and stop the swarm. That's it. Oliver and Des has ice power. Oliver, use your cryoblast, and Des, do your thing." Kaz finished.

"Right!" Oliver agreed, both of us shot at the smoky cloud vortex around us with our ice powers, freezing the shapeshifters.

"It's working, keep going!"

Oliver and I continue to freeze the brother as the cloud froze into a big ring of ice and dropped to the floor, frozen solid.

"It worked. It's frozen solid." Oliver stated and high-fived me, "We did it."

"Dude, that was a great idea to mess with their molecular structures." Kaz commented over to Chase and me.

"It was your idea to freeze the molecules." Chase replied.

"Yeah, but you two are the ones-" Kaz started.

"Okay, we get it. We're a team." Bree commented and then took out her phone. "Guys, get together. Our first victory selfie." As we were taking selfies, the group and I didn't even notice Riker and Roman's cloud escape from the frozen ring.

***

The six teens, myself included, and Donald Davenport was sitting on the couch in the living room of the penthouse. "They got away!?" Donald repeated in disbelief.

"Yes, but this time, it was because we were too good of a team." Chase commented and smiled, sitting beside me.

I hold back a laugh at Donald's face while Bree pulled out her phone. "On the bright side, we have a very cute selfie that caught the exact moment they escaped." Bree added and showed Davenport the picture.

"That is a good one. You can barely see my ribs." Oliver agreed as I snorted in amusement.

"We have to warn the rest of the superheroes and let them know they're being hunted." I speak up and leaned my arm against Chase's arm and held his hand.

"The good news is that Riker and Roman don't even know where they are, so we should be able to alert them first." Skylar added.

"Good, but it's still gonna take some time. We got a lot of work ahead of us. Let's get some sleep." Chase commented as we all stood up.

The five other teens began heading up the stars and I started to follow them until Donald stopped me. "Des, what's going on?"

"What ever do you mean, Big D?" I innocently repeat with a light shrug.

Donald folded his arms across his chest and looked at me pointedly. "You really don't think I haven't noticed your healing ability gone? Why are you wearing ace bandages around your wrists, Des?"

I let out a sigh, fold my arms across my chest, and look at him. "Yes, I no longer heal because I lost that ability. Why do you think I've been using my gauntlets more?"

"Your earth ability." Donald concluded quietly as I nod in confirmation. "Des, why wouldn't you tell me sooner?"

"Because you have other things to worry about. I'm fine, Big D." I reply, "Now, goodnight." I super speed upstairs and to the girls' bedroom and plop down on my own bed.

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.3K 1.1K 16
" ι'м no longer ѕυrprιѕed anyмore" нe ѕнooĸ нιѕ нead. "yoυ need тo ѕтop pυѕнιng yoυrѕelғ away ғroм people" ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊...
55.8K 1K 22
Your Y/n L/n your have powers but only because your evil mother used you as a science experiment. You have Sonic waves that come from your hands, ni...
228K 3.9K 24
We all know that Leo is an only child, but what if he wasn't? Time for you to meet Scarlett, a girl with powers no one can explain, Leo is the only o...
2.3K 166 16
Harper, now bionic, needs to learn to control her new abilities as a student at the bionic academy, she will count on the help of the entire team to...