Someone Like You - Pokemon ♡S...

By _LisaNguyen_

[Will be edited eventually] I couldn't wait to go on a journey and become Champion of Johto. It would've been... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Epilogue
Thank You
Sequel + Updates

Chapter 7

536 23 8
By _LisaNguyen_

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1442

~~♛~~

Lyra~

"Hurry up," Silver groaned as I grabbed our Pokéballs from Chansey.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," I replied hastily. But I knew that he was right, and that we should get a move on to Azalea Town. We left the Pokémon Center and head towards the cave near there.

I suddenly missed the warmth of his hands. I'm not going to lie, but that doesn't mean I have feelings for him.

The cave was a bit dark so sticking near Silver would be the best option at this point. I secured my hold on the Egg while making sure I'm close to his back. I allowed him to show me the way. All I need to do is follow him.

As we continued forward, we encountered a few trainers. Silver and I continued to take turns in battling the trainers. While that happened, I also registered some Pokémon into the Pokédex.

I've noticed that one of the trainers had a Vulpix, according to my Pokédex. It was so cute that I wanted one so badly.

I'm currently battling a trainer with some Geodudes. I defeated one of them with my Chikorita and now I'm facing the second one.

"Chikorita, use Razor Leaf!"

Chikorita used her Razor Leaf attack and slashed the Geodude multiple times, thus defeating it. But then, Chikorita began to glow and her form began to change.

"What's happening?" I questioned.

"Chikorita's evolving," Silver noted. I was surprised by Silver's words. Is this really the evolution of Chikorita?

And then after a few seconds, I am witnessing the result of evolution. It looked bigger than the Chikorita I'm used to. Its cry was different as well.

Silver offered to hold the Egg for a bit, seeing that I'm 'unorganized' as he would put it. I won't deny how insulted I felt. I took out my Pokédex and checked it out.

"Bayleef; the Leaf Pokémon. A spicy aroma emanates from around its neck. The aroma acts as a stimulant to restore health but somehow, sniffing it makes you want to fight."

"Wow! Chikorita evolved into Bayleef!" I screeched.

The trainer, however, didn't give up, even when he's down to the last Geodude he brought out. With brand new confidence, I told Bayleef to use Vine Whip, defeating the last Geodude.

Silver and I continued on our journey through this cave. Once we defeated the last trainer, we head to the exit and went straight to Route 33.

Immediately spotting some Apricorn trees, Bayleef and I ran up to the trees with our Apricorn box in hand. There were black ones and pink ones. We just decided to take some before proceeding to Azalea Town.

However, I just can't help but wonder why Silver is being so cooperative with us. But my mind discarded it as the simple fact that he wants this high tech device off our wrists.

I sighed. Maybe that's the reason, and I can't help but feel disappointed.

And as we were about to continue east, I felt Silver hand me back the Egg. It was a rough shove, but at least he was also a bit gentle with it. And I can help but crack a smile because of that.

But of course, that didn't change him.

"Wipe that smirk off your face, Lyra," he scoffed, saying my name with slight venom.

Maybe he just doesn't like being teased. But for his request, I lowered my smile just a bit. Totodile was happily marching beside Silver while Bayleef is beside me. Just as we were about to enter Azalea Town, we heard a voice.

"Who are you? You don't know us?" the voice spoke.

Beside me, I felt Silver tense. What's happening?

I asked myself that because the next thing that happened was Silver grabbing one of my hands, enlacing our fingers together. Bayleef took over in holding the Egg, with her Vine Whip.

Seriously, what's up with him? He spoke to me with slight venom earlier, and now we were holding hands.

"We are... Team Rocket!" the voice proclaimed.

"I knew it..." Silver muttered, coldly. This time, with pure venom. His grip on my hand tightened. Seeing how disturbed he looked, I decided not to ask him what's wrong, as it might offend him more.

And in front of the person who said that was an old man.

"...What? We broke up a while ago?" the voice scoffed. "Give me a break! We have not broken up yet! Actually, we did once. But we have come back to pursue Giovanni's ambitions."

The grip on my hand tightened even more. Soon, my hand might get ripped off of my arm, or maybe it will turn extremely pale.

Then, the voice discarded the conversation. "Enough talking. Shut up and just beat it!"

The old man was pushed back and it looked painful that he almost fell. My instincts kicked in and I found myself helping that old man. Since Silver's hand was still holding mine, I ended up dragging him as well.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Oh... yes. Thank you lass," he replied, allowing me to assist him in standing up.

As he went back to the town, I was about to confront the man who pushed him, only to find him gone. There was a well nearby.

He must be there.

"Don't worry about him now, Lyra," I heard Silver inform me. I was about to protest, but then Silver used his other hand to cover my mouth, preventing me from speaking further.

"Enough with any blabbering kindness. Let's just get to town, and then we'll decide things," he sighed.

Okay, I just made him pissed off. But I can't help it. When you see someone that needs help, our human instincts would tell us to help them.

I turned to Bayleef who cried out a 'Bay', and I could partially understand that she was trying to tell me that Silver's right.

Once again, I sighed in disappointment. Silver's grip softened slightly but proceeded to drag me to the Pokémon Center. We did the usual routine; I would heal our Pokémon and check on the Egg.

Nothing more.

As we exited the Pokémon Center, we ran into a little girl. She quickly apologized to us and heads to the house in the northwest of the town. My eyes saw that she was carrying Apricorns and my mind suddenly remembered something.

"Those are called Apricorns. The ones I'm growing are Green Apricorns. You see, they are seven different coloured Apricorns; blue, red, yellow, black, white, green, and pink. If you collect some of them, you may want to go visit Kurt who's in Azalea Town."

That house had to be Kurt's house. Remembering the man's words from before, I dragged Silver to the place. I knocked politely, and was greeted by the same girl who bumped into us. I took the opportunity to ask her about someone named Kurt.

She confirmed that he was her grandfather and invited us in. As we walked in, I spotted an old-looking man, sitting on the chair, in front of a table. He turned around once he notices our presence.

"Hm? Who are you?" he asked.

"I'm Lyra," I introduced myself. "And this is―"

"My name is not important," Silver interrupted.

I honestly wanted to hit him for being rude to Kurt. He just chuckled it off. "Well then, nice to meet you Lyra. And you too, not important."

~~♛~~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23K 1K 80
Red, after winning the Indigo League and rejecting the opportunity to become the Viridian Gym Leader, continues his journey to the Johto Region where...
24.3K 825 30
Silver never expected himself to fall in love with her. It was completely unplanned. Even though he was able to acknowledge his own feelings, he woul...
21.5K 312 19
After becoming the runner up in the kalos league and stopping the kalos crisis , ash decides to continue his journey to the alola region in hopes to...
199K 6.5K 21
I'm a 16 year old girl, by the name of Umber. And yes, I realize that its a boy name! But anyways, I've been assigned a mission, which is a lot harde...