My Best Friend's Boyfriend |...

By _waen_

"I don't know," Gale muttered, the words barely making their way out of his throat. "I don't know how I can s... More

1. Even Downworlders Know
2. For The Record, It's Just A Crush
3. I Don't Like Him
4. Football ⚽
5. I Don't Want You To Go
6. Suffering In Silence
7. She Is In Love
9. Dares and Kisses
10. Stop Freaking Out
11. Sorry
12. Hot And Bothered
13. You Can Hold On To Me
14. We Could Try Again
15. Dinner Invitation
16. Took You Long Enough
17. Alone
18. Hannah
19. Happy
20. I'm Attracted To You
21. Did Something Happen?
22. Lost Him?
23. Losing It
24. Party, Girls and More Kisses 🎉
25. Walking Straight Into Hell
26. Bad Guy
27. I'd Like To Do It Again
28. I'm Sorry... Again
29. Can't Stay Away From You
30. Give It A Try
31. I Don't Care
32. Think About You
33. Boyfriend
34. I'm A Fool
35. I Don't Know How To Make This Right
36. It's Hot
37. I'm Whipped
38. It Was A Dare
39. Couldn't Help It
40. I Don't Think I'll Make It
41. We Don't Talk Anymore
42. Neither Together Nor Happy
43. Ninth Floor
44. I Never Lied
45. Kiss Me Already
Thank YOU!
100k!

8. I Want To Play With Him

7.4K 311 110
By _waen_

Emily sat in her spot on the bleachers and watched the action below, feeling detached and weirdly out of place.

The first football game of the school year had just ended, they had beaten St. Peter's two goals to one, and the field was flooded with celebrating Eden High Students.

Normally, she would be down there, hugging the hell out of Gale. But not today.

Lou was sat beside her, growing restless by the minute. "Are you coming or not? I want to take pictures!"

"Go ahead," Emily dismissed her. "I'll just stay here."

"Why?" Lou asked, shooting to her feet at the same time. She didn't wait for an answer, but started her flight down the bleachers, yelling, "Wait for me."

Emily was not paying attention, since her eyes were glued on her two neighbours.

Matt had been substituted into the game in the eightieth minute in Scott's place while it was a one one draw, and five minutes later he had provided Gale with an assist that had ended up in the net.

And now, they were like old best friends, stuck to each other's side, taking multiples of photos with their fans. Which meant that they were mobbed by the entire Eden High cheerleading franchise, with Toni keeping a firm hold on Matt's arm while Mellisa covered Gale's side. Which was why Emily had chosen not to go down there, since there was clearly no space for her.

Gale had never paid that much attention to the girls before, so what was up now?

Or was he overjoyed at the fact that he and Matt had clicked perfectly on the field? There is always that pair or threesome of players that play awesomely when put together, always, and even though Matt had been on the field for only the last ten minutes, and not on his traditionally favoured position, it was clear that they could make a great pairing.

Whatever the reason, Emily was feeling left out. She was beginning to understand what Gale felt when she paid all her attention to Matt.

Was she jealous?

No, hell no. Not of Matt and Gale. What on earth is wrong with those girls? Could Matt really be into Toni? No, the stupid bitch pushes herself  on to any single guy in the radius. And not specifically single guys...

She was happy they had won.

And wasn't she over her crush on Matt, anyway? The guy was nice, really nice, but he wasn't interested in her, so maybe it was time she took her interest elsewhere.

But he is so sweet... And that dimple...

She loved his company, he was fun, he could take a joke, he was...

Perfect.

She blinked out of her deep swoon worthy but almost depressing thoughts when Lou screamed her name from the field. She caught sight of her waving her down. She wanted to shake her head and refuse, but saw that Lou was dragging Gale with her. He flashed her a wide smile, cupped his palms around his mouth and yelled for her to come down.

As if he had been who she had been waiting for, she rose to her feet and skipped down the stairs. They met her on the sidelines.

"Are you Okay?" Gale asked her, his voice a little loud because of all the noise around.

She nodded, a smile slipping onto her face quite naturally. She stuck her hands in the back pockets of her jeans and swayed with an awkward air. "Congrats. Two goals, huh?"

"Thanks. Did you see how Spencer played? He should totally start next time," he praised the other boy, brimming with excitement.

"And bench you?" She teased.

"No!" He bellowed with a laugh. "I want to play with him!"

Lou extended her hand and pulled Emily to their side. She went ahead to take a hundred and one selfies.

"You look as if you are high on something," Emily commented to Gale when Lou stepped aside to post the photos online.

"Victory, maybe? I'm just happy. Did you see the scouts?"

She frowned. "They were here?"

"Yes," he crowed.

"Good for you," she said with a smile, feeling happy for him. If he kept up his good form, he might end up going the way of the previous Tigers' forward, who had already signed a contract with one of the country's premier league sides even before graduating.

She knew how much he wanted to go into professional football, and so far he was on the right track.

"Are you coming to the party tonight?" He asked, adding, "You should, Toni is throwing a grand one for the team. Matt is going. And Lou. Everybody's going."

"Toni?" She asked, alert all at once. Matt was going?

"Yeah. Her parents are out of town."

She sighed and rocked back on the heels of her vans. "You know my mum. And I don't like parties, anyway."

"Buzz kill," he mocked her. He took her arm and started dragging her towards the crowd. Lou was still busy on her phone and most likely didn't notice their departure.

Gale heard none of Emily's protests as he headed back towards Matt. There were three girls still surrounding the latter, but he noticed the two and smiled.

Despite the fact that Toni was now glowering at her, Emily felt her cheeks heat up as Matt's eyes landed on her and remained there. He looked especially tantalizing at the moment, with his hair slightly stuck to his forehead with sweat. He was excited, and it showed in the way his black eyes shone in the lights.

And, of course, his dimple was fully unleashed. It was almost unhealthy how such a small detail had the ability to rob her of all sane thought. It was moments like that when her crush on him got refreshed all over again.

Butterflies swam in her stomach uninvited. She had crushed before, but not like this.

"Congrats, Matt," she said when they got close, but kept her distance.

A frown covered his brow, in contrast to the smile playing on his lips. "I think a congratulatory hug is in order, Em."

She blanched and looked back at Gale, as if for confirmation. Not that she needed it, but she was just realising that she had never actually hugged Matt.

Gale's eyebrow shot up in amusement. "Crushing goals, right?" He teased in a low voice that only she heard.

She shoved him back before taking a step towards Matt. Toni halted her progress, though, by pressing to Matt's side and whispering rather loudly in his ear, "See you at the party."

She punctuated it with a sneering look shot Emily's way, before turning and leaving with her posse, effectively leaving Emily alone with the boys. Matt shrugged, at the same moment Gale pushed Emily forward. She landed right into Matt, and he wrapped his arms around her small frame.

Her face landed on his chest, burning up more than ever. He smelt of sweat, and remnants of cologne. She was too flustered to even realise her hands were still hanging at her sides, until
Gale snickered and laughed from behind her.

Matt pulled back then. She stepped back, almost staggering. "Coming to the party?" He asked.

She rubbed her palms together. They were clammy with sweat. Her heart was racing, and she couldn't look him in the eyes. "I'll ask mum," she answered, already feeling bad because she knew her mother wouldn't agree. She herself had decided that parties were not her scene and she hadn't been in one since Gale's birthday party the previous year. But this was one she wanted to attend, though Toni clearly didn't want her there.

"Hope you'll be there," he said with a smile.

Me too.

"Why don't you go wait in the truck while we grab our stuff?" Gale suggested.

She nodded and left, casting a glance back after a few steps. They seemed to be in a light conversation, walking side by side. Matt said something, and Gale's head tipped back in unrestricted laughter.

She brimmed with happiness, because at that moment, everything was fine, Gale had gotten over his issues about Matt and the three of them were okay.

At that moment, life was good.

☜☆☞☜☆☞☜☆☞☜☆☞☜☆☞☜☆☞☜☆☞☜☆☞

I'm going to say this once. This book will contain boyxboy relations (as indicated in the blurb). If you don't like that turn back now.

The next chapter will hold a major turning point in the story ;-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 653 41
Youngbin Lee has been the target of school bullying for long enough, and it has started to chip away his last bit of confidence. But during a fateful...
10.1K 823 26
[BXB] Romeo, exhausted by his apathetic relationships, is desperate to prove to himself that he can find love. Rodney, reckless and exciting, is unl...
1.3M 43.5K 20
[BoyxBoy - Completed] Jake and Lee are two very close best friends who spend most of their time around each other. Sometimes they like to mess around...
117K 6.7K 51
This story is about a bad boy campus meeting gulf who just transferred in his campus and become star football player of engineering campus of there u...