Beautiful When You Don't Try...

By shaneisney

Prompt: It's been seven years since graduation and Lauren Jauregui is a highly popular and in demand photogra... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110

Chapter 62

10.8K 284 66
By shaneisney

A/N: It's short and pretty much just a filler. We will be getting into the Clara / Mike / Lauren / Camila thing next. Well, I wouldn't really say into it because Clara still hasn't seen him yet, but we will get a discussion between the three ladies about it at least. Not sure what else (if anything else) will be in there. You'll just have to read it to find out.

*And for the readers who asked me last chapter how i imagine what the dresses will look like... above a photo of the wedding dresses for Lauren & Camila(please don't judge my photoshopping i didn't had enough time to make it perfect... i even p.shopped Camila's behind hihi) Enjoy!

~/~/~/~

"You are not allowed to be alone in a room with my fiancée. Period." Lauren stated with absolute authority in her voice as the trio walked into the studio and she disappeared into her office followed by Adrianne. However, the brunette didn't make it in before Lauren turned back around and gently pushed her out so she could see Normani again. "And Zayn and Dinah don't count as supervision because they would just watch or join in."

The apprentice arched an eyebrow. "You've managed to make some really great friends over the years, Babe." She said with sarcasm dripping from every word.

"Like 'friends' that still call her 'Babe' despite the fact that their no longer dating her?" Normani asked snidely as she sat down on the sofa.

"It's a nickname." Adrianne defended as Lauren went back into her office but Normani just shrugged.

"So is Sweet Assolicious Cabello, but she still wont let me call her girlfriend that. I mean, at least mine has a tad of humor mixed in it. I'm not entirely sure yours does."

Adrianne was about to start bitching Normani out for her lack of information and her off base assumptions but felt a sting on her neck and slapped her hand to it. Upon investigation she saw Lauren readying another paperclip to throw at her and motioned the brunette into the office. "Shut the door." The apprentice glared at Normani one last time before doing as she was asked. "You do realize her remark just now and the over kill with Camila in the shop was to see if she could get a rise out of you, right?"

"And why is she doing that?"

"She likes you." Lauren explained flatly as she booted up the computer. "Even if it is in the slightest way. And the fact that you are no longer a willing option frustrates her. But I need you to do me a really big favor."

The apprentice sighed at Mani's immaturity and took a seat. She saw Normani's behavior coming. She had just hoped it wouldn't be that obvious. "What do you need."

"Your strength and every last ounce of patience you have."

Adrianne arched an eyebrow. "You do realize that you were the patient one in our relationship, don't you?"

"That's why I added that 'every last ounce' part." The raven haired woman explained. "I need you by my side for the next twelve days, but I know you. You're protective and assertive and while I absolutely love you for it, I am asking if you can pick your battles as everyone from Miami starts showing up. Especially Zayn." She added before the brunette could agree blindly.

Adrianne tensed slightly.

"I know you hate him. You don't even know him, but you hate him. I'm not asking you to like him, just to tolerate him."

The apprentice shook her head and stood up, pacing to try and calm her slowly rising anger. "That is one thing I never understood about you. How you could just forgive him for what he did. I mean, there is so much wrong with it all. He betrayed your trust by taking advantage of you while drunk and then he lied to you about using protection. Protection that would have prevented you from all of the pain and heartache that you are still dealing with to this day!"

"I know." Lauren said calmly, trying to get Adrianne to lower her voice. "Part of me is incredibly angry with him and always will be, but I have tried to look at the good that came from it all."

"And what would that be exactly? Because I could make an entire list of all the things to be pissed at him for, all the pain you have endured is because of him."

"I put myself in that situation. I wasn't passed out drunk. I could have stopped him if I wanted to."

"But you trusted him to do one thing that would have prevented you from-"

"Growing? Becoming stronger? Learning that I didn't want to live the life my parents were planning out for me?" Lauren interrupted her, standing up and moving closer, causing the brunette to stop pacing and actually listen to her. Lauren took a final step closer, pulling Adrianne's blue eyes to hers and calmed her anger slightly. "There was a lot of pain and struggle, but I got a lot out of it as well. If it hadn't happened, I wouldn't be standing here in front of you today. I would have never met you because I would already be married to a man and pregnant with my first kid back in Miami, fighting my feelings because it was the devil that making me feel this way. And if we had never met, you and Kim would have never met."

Adrianne hesitated, looking out the office window, knowing Lauren was right but not wanting to admit it. "You sure are giving him a lot of credit he doesn't deserve."

The raven haired laughed lightly. "I'm giving credit to the situation. I'm just asking you to try to keep things civil and if you absolutely can't, at least take care of it without any one else being around."

"I'll try." Adrianne promised without admitting defeat. "I will honestly try, but I make no promises. I may keep my thoughts on the past to myself, but if he says something stupid now, then I'm all over it."

Lauren rolled her eyes and hugged her friend. "Fine. Just try and keep it somewhat humorous."

"So you don't want me to piss him off?"

"It's Zayn. He doesn't get pissed at women. He'll just think your flirting with him and playing hard to get."

Adrianne furrowed her brow. "Even though I am completely gay and have a girlfriend?"

Lauren smiled broadly and nodded her head. "He'll just see that as an opportunity for double the fun."

She cringed and shook her shoulders. "Guys are gross."

"Speaking of..." Lauren noted as she looked out the office window and saw Zayn and Dinah enter the studio. "Here we go."

Dinah ran to Normani on the couch and threw herself into a hug, needing the closeness after her ordeal with airport security. "They didn't do a strip search on my baby, did they?" Normani joked as she wrapped her arms around the smiling woman. Dinah shook her head.

"That's something to be thankful for." Lauren stated as she walked out of the office and was instantly snatched up by Zayn. He had dropped his bag on the ground and lifted the photographer off her feet in a massive hug. "Well, someone's happy."

"Yep. And for two reasons. Not only do I get a vacation for this thing," He explained, putting the beaming Lauren back down. "But weddings always get the chicks sappy and in the need for love." Adrianne watched in disgust as the man humped the air in front of him.

Lauren decided it would be best to get their introductions out of the way before he did anything else... Zayn-ish. "Zayn, this is my best friend Adrianne." She called for the woman who hesitated so she reached over and yanked the brunette closer by the arm. "Adrianne, this is Zayn Malik. Be nice." She added the last part as a whisper through gritted teeth, receiving a smile from Adrianne through identical gritted teeth.

The man child instantly smirked as the beautiful brunette was pulled out of the office and looked her up and down. "Hi."

Everyone was a little surprised when his greeting wasn't followed up by some sexual comment, despite the fact that the word was oozing with interest in such. Adrianne tensed more as she shook his hand. "Hi."

"And this is Dinah." Lauren continued quickly, just in case Zayn had one of his lines ready to go. She motioned Adrianne over to the waving woman on the couch. "Fresh out of jail." She added for humor as the studio fell into an awkward silence. Past and present lives were not meshing.

"Looks like we have a party going on in here." Camila called out with impeccable timing as she and Kim walked in. Ally still had a show to prepare for so she departed with promises to meet up with the group later. "Zayn, it's good to see you again. And more so out of uniform."

"I brought my cuffs though, just in case." He teased with a wink before he gave the brunette a hug. While he did, his eyes followed as Kim walked passed them. "Babe, there is a huge plus to you being a photographer. You've got the hottest chicks walking around here."

Lauren closed her eyes in preparation of Adrianne's verbal assault, but it never came. Kim had cut it off with a light kiss to her lips and her arms around her waist. Adrianne followed suite by pressing a protective hand to the small of her girlfriend's back.

"Damn." There was only mild disappointment in his tone. The rest was pure attraction to the idea, vision, and possibility of the two women together.

Lauren sighed and surrendered. There was no forcing middle ground. "Kim, this is Zayn. Zayn, this is my assistant and Adrianne's girlfriend Kim. Please don't do anything stupid."

"No worries, Babe." Adrianne cringed as the man used the nickname, vowing never to call Lauren 'Babe' again. "I'll keep things cool. But should the ladies come after me, who am I to deny them?"

Cutting off another potential verbal bashing, Lauren stepped in again. "I'm glad everyone is here and everything, but unfortunately, I do have to get some work done."

"It's cool. I think DJ needs a shower after her stint lock up and I think I might like to join her." Zayn answered, wiggling his eyebrows at the beaming woman. "It's been a few days since I've seen my ladies." Camila just shook her head as she wrapped an arm around Lauren's waist. She still didn't understand their relationship. She had a really good idea based off of what she remembered from high school, but it was just a little to weird for her to fully grasp.

~/~/~/~

"So what is my lesson for today?" Adrianne asked as she and Lauren abandoned their significant others in the office and moved to the work station.

"Anything you want."

The apprentice paused half way there. "What?"

"You are great at doing what you're told to do and coming up with great shots when given the material. But now it's time to take full creative control." Adrianne didn't say anything as the raven haired turned around to study her. "Scary thought isn't it? Being out there completely on your own?" The brunette nodded but finally managed to start walking again to get her camera. "Well, I can at least tell you to relax a bit. You have no pressure on you. This isn't for a job or anything, just you trying to figure out what you want to do."

"And if I don't have that creative impulse?"

Lauren shrugged and handed her her camera bag. "Find it."

"I can not even begin to tell you how aggravating it is to hear you say things like that. I ask questions because I need an answer."

"And some answers you need to find for yourself."

"I have my motivation." Adrianne announced suddenly. "I'm going to take a picture of you, throw some darts at it, and then take a picture of what it looks like afterward. I'll title it: The Pain in My Ass."

"Can't wait to see it." Lauren retorted, shaking the camera bag that was still in her hand. "Maybe you really should use some of that frustration in your shots though. When you've taken a shot that you like, let me see and maybe we can work on putting a portfolio together for you."

Adrianne relented and snatched the bag from her. "So am I doing this here or in the city?" The raven haired just shrugged. "Fine. Then are you coming with me?" She shrugged again and Adrianne restrained herself from strangling her friend. "I get it. No more questions. I'm in charge." Lauren nodded her head and smiled broadly. "Then you will suffer too."

Lauren frowned slightly as Adrianne back tracked to the office and pulled both Camila and Kim out. "What are you doing?"

"I have decided what I'm going to shoot. And that is you two. Kim is going to help me select the wardrobe. So, let me grab my bag and we shall be off."

~/~/~/~

"Stop fidgeting." Adrianne ordered as she snapped some semi-candid shots of Lauren as she sat out on the front terrace, waiting for Camila to finish getting dressed. Camila looked out the door to her and smiled adoringly as Lauren blushed, knowing the camera was on her.

"I hate being on this side of the lense."

Adrianne chuckled. "I know. That's why I put you there. Besides," She continued, putting the camera down from her face. "There are hardly any pictures of you two together. The only ones that exist are either unflattering ones taken by the paparazzi or the few candid ones I've managed to sneak in there."

"Which are absolutely adorable by the way." Camila commented as Kim shook her head at the shirt choice and the brunette pulled it off.

"You two need to match somehow." The assistant noted.

"We need them in jeans and the same color shirt, but different styles." Adrianne directed.

"Are these going to be like those sappy family photos?" Lauren groaned, still refusing to look at the camera.

Adrianne shrugged. "Maybe. If I want them to be."

Once Camila had the approved attire on, she turned her attention to the awkward and nervous raven haired. "Awww, Baby. There's no reason to feel uncomfortable." She cooed as she wrapped her arms around Lauren's neck and sat down on her lap and into a light kiss, holding her there for a few seconds, knowing that Adrianne was snapping away. "We have to get you used to this before the wedding, because I will not have you looking away in every photo."

"I wouldn't do that." The raven haired assured her as Camila finally allowed her to speak once Adrianne had gotten her photo. "I'm going to be completely lost in the moment anyway. I won't even realize there is a camera on me.

"See, this is love." Adrianne stated, snapping a picture as Lauren absently looked at her while Camila was looking down adoringly at Lauren. "You are so uncomfortable until she is around and then it's like she takes it all away." The raven haired smiled, dropping her eyes and Camila rested her forehead to her fiance's temple and Adrianne snapped another. "So, have you decided what the name is going to be yet?"

At the question, the two separated and Lauren smiled up at the brunette, wrapping her arms around the back of her waist and over her thighs, giving the apprentice another good pose. "I think we are going to go with Cabello-Jauregui." The raven haired confessed. "She's already established as Camila Cabello on Broadway, so it will make it easier for her career."

"Which lacks every ounce of the romance in taking your name, by the way." The brunette admitted. "I would love to be Camila Jauregui but the logic is sound to keep Cabello attached, just not in the least bit romantic. It seems rather selfish of me actually."

Adrianne stood up and waited for another shot to present itself, knowing she could never pose one with Lauren's shyness, when she felt Kim's arms wrap around her from behind. "Well, if you are moving on from Broadway, it's almost like a new start. People in the TV and Movie industry aren't necessarily familiar with Camila 'Cabello'." Kim commented as Adrianne turned and pulled her around into a hug, camera still at the ready in her hand. "You could go with Camila Jauregui, become a huge TV or Movie star, and then return to stage where everyone would know you from your former success as well."

"I agree." Adrianne nodded her head, snapping a one handed picture as the couple silently debated the topic with a deep look into each other's eyes. "It's something to consider at least."

"We still have time to consider it." Lauren whispered in agreement to Camila and the brunette leaned in for a light kiss, hearing the photo snapped in the back ground. "You are trigger happy over there."

The apprentice shrugged and took another photo for good measure as the raven haired arched an eyebrow at her, Camila smiling broadly at the playfulness between the pair. "What was it you once said... each photo is a chance to reveal something more, something deeper that was missed with the first and that you may not catch with the last. The more pictures you take, the more of the story you'll see. I'm just telling your story."

Sensing the raven haired was on edge again, Adrianne guided Kim over to the pair and sat down so Lauren could lower her guard a little. Camila turned so her back was pressed against Lauren's chest and she comfortably rested her chin on her shoulder, pulling her arms tighter around the smaller woman. "I love you." She whispered in the brunette's ear.

"I love you too."

"How are the vows coming?" Adrianne asked out of curiosity. Her question was followed by silence from both brides-to-be. "Well, that sounds promising."

"I do better off the fly." Lauren bragged, sitting back and resting her hands on Camila's hips, covertly sliding her thumbs under the hem of her shirt, rubbing them against the soft skin.

"You better not improvise your vows." Kim warned, beating Camila to the punch.

"And why not? Do you doubt my skills in the romance department?"

The assistant shook her head and repositioned her glasses on her face. "Not at all. However, I have seen her in the dress and you'll be lucky to form words let alone cohesive thoughts."

Lauren growled and dropped her head back in frustration. "I want to see this dress. I mean, Kim says I'm going to lose the ability to speak and Normani is probably having very inappropriate fantasies about it in her perverted mind... it's frustrating and is slowly killing me."

"I know the feeling." Camila tried to comfort her with company in her misery. "It was incredibly difficult to stand by as Kim and Ally gushed over the picture of you in your dress when I couldn't see it."

"Not that she didn't try to see it." The assistant added, gaining a disapproving but playful glare from the brunette.

"You tried to cheat?" The raven haired questioned, lifting her head back up.

"You know me. It's a weakness. I need to know everything and they had it right there in front of me and were even talking about it." Camila tried to argue. "If you are going to be mad at anyone, it should be them. They were teasing me, testing my weakness."

The other three just shook their heads.

"Fine. I tried to cheat. I have no strength when it comes to the unknown. No self-control, remember?"

Lauren laughed devilishly, knowing that the first time she discovered how little self-control the brunette had, it ended up being their first time kissing, their first time having sex, and their first time spending the entire night together. "I remember. It is something I will never forget."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 4K 16
Camila gets an opportunity to interview a famous artist, Ms. Lauren Jauregui. What happens when the two girls start to have feelings for each other t...
521K 11.1K 32
Lauren and Camila meet at a popular strip club. Ensue the one night stand, but what happens when feelings are caught? Camila thinks she has Lauren fi...
9.9K 256 26
It's a Camren fanfic. Fifth Harmony after 4 years of success they break up in the most tragic way. The only ones that continued their career is Laure...
160K 3.5K 27
❝She left me.❞ ❝I should hate her, but I don't. I can't hate someone so beautiful. She did everything that she could do just so she can find a way to...