The Price of Victory

By aRTsyisAwesome

The Campers of both Camp Jupiter and Camp Half-Blood have defeated Gaia! But Gaia won't let the demi-gods win... More

The Price is Paid
Where is Percy?
In Republic City
Triple Threat Triads
I'm a Waterbender!
The One Worth Saving

Elevators are Torture

4.5K 136 48
By aRTsyisAwesome

Chapter 6: Elevators are Torture

Disclaimer: I don't own PJ or Korra

.:~*~:.

He broke his promise. He told me we would always be together, yet here we are, apart once again. I wiped tears from my eyes with one hand while I relentlessly attacked the already mutilated wooden dummy in the arena of Camp Half-Blood with a dagger. It had been 3 days, 13 hours, and 56 minutes since Percy had disappeared. Not dead, disappeared. I refused to believe anything but that.

To make it worse, Leo was gone too. When Gaea exploded, we discovered that Leo hadn't returned from the explosion. We looked everywhere, but there was no sign of him. Nico said that he sensed Leo die, but it felt different, so we still had hope.

I was interrupted from my business when I felt a tap on my shoulder. My already frenzied nerves were agitated once again and I spun around ready to decapitate the person behind me.

I saw Chiron in his centaur form in all his glory, hands behind his back looking down kindly on me, but I could see slight worrying lines on his worn face. No doubt he had seen many campers of old reacting like this when their loved ones didn't return from quests. That's what I am now. I thought my heart sinking lower than before. Just another camper grieving for their lost love.

I couldn't hold it back anymore. I suddenly let out a strangled sob and lunged toward Chiron, tangling him in a hug.

Chiron had been my parent over all the time spent here at camp since I was seven. He cared for me, he watched over me, he was the parent I never had. I needed someone to confide to. I felt so... I was so alone.

"He said he wouldn't leave me!" I cried into Chiron's clean coat. Tears streaming down my face.

"He said we would always be together!"

If I was in my right mind I would be ashamed of the liquid pouring out of my tear ducts. Heck, if I could help it I wouldn't cry when cutting onions! But I do, only, and ONLY because the syn-propanethial-S-oxide in the onions irritate your eyes... but I'm getting off topic. The point is that I never cry if I can help it. I was ashamed of emotional tears. They showed weakness, I never show weakness. But Percy was my one and only weakness. He's disappeared. I wasn't ashamed to cry right now because these tears showed that my weakness was my Seaweed Brain, and I wanted everyone to know how much I cared about him. I didn't care if I looked weak right now because I was weak. I was vulnerable. But I would be strong. I would be strong for Percy.

I hiccuped and furiously rubbed the tears from my face. I suddenly felt very ashamed of myself. How could I let myself breakdown like this? This wasn't me. I unstick myself from Chron and looked up to see him staring down at me with pity. I felt anger building up in me like a balloon ready to burst. I didn't want pity.

"Child-"

"I am not a child Chiron," I replied sternly schooling my features into a stony expression. I sniffed and wiped my nose. I stooped down to pick up my dagger which I had dropped when I had my little... breakdown.

I turned back to Chiron, who had a look of resignation on his face as if he had finally accepted a death. I turned and stormed away to the Athena Cabin. It was time to do something about Percy. I will find him, even if it's the last thing I do.

.:~*~:.

I stormed into the Athena Cabin and ignored the stares of my siblings as I went over to my personal worktable. I drew the gray curtains around it and plopped into my wooden chair. I sat there for a while, glaring stubbornly at the protractor sitting innocently on my cluttered desk, before sighing and pressing my fingers to my eyes hoping to relieve some stress.

I had recently installed curtains around it to improve my concentration. Trying to design architectural wonders wasn't that effective when you could feel the stares of your worried comrades.

I wasn't dumb enough to ignore the fact that this wasn't good for me. Blocking out everyone, mourning silently, and essentially fasting. I was killing myself, slowly but surely. I knew everyone was worried for me, and I knew Chiron was secretly 'hiring' certain campers to keep a watch on me at all times in case I contemplated suicide. This angered me. A lot.

Chiron was treating me like I was mentally unstable. Like I belonged in a mental asylum. I was infuriated with him... but if I looked at this situation through his eyes, it did make sense.

Chiron had trained thousands of greek heroes, some like with large legacies, like Hercules or Herakles, Jason, and the original Perseus, and some with untold tales of heroics. Chiron had watched all these heroes grow up and go on quests. Those who came back always was affected either physically or mentally.

Chiron was only trying to protect me, I could see that. He knew that Percy disappearing again would be toeing the breaking point for me. He was right, of course, but breaking would not help in the search for Percy.

A new determination set in my mind, I suddenly barged out of the Athena Cabin, probably startling my siblings, and set out to tell Chiron of my haphazard plan that was quickly piecing itself together in my mind.

.:~*~:.

I stood at the foot of Thalia's Pine on Half-Blood Hill, a light jacket donned because of the slightly chilly August air. Katie Gardner from the Demeter Cabin was splayed upon the grass as she absentmindedly stroked a white daisy. Some other campers who were present included Piper; who was braiding Katie's hair, Clarisse and the Stoll brothers who she was sparring with, two on one, and Will Solstace and his almost always constant companion nowadays; Nico DiAngelo.

Although the scene was one of causality, the apprehensive mood was getting to all of them, I could tell.

The slight flutter of wings caught my attention and we turned our heads as one to the sound. Squinting slightly against the glare of the hazy sun, I saw the silhouettes of two giant Eagles with human figures perched upon them.

As they descended, the gathering at the Hill got up and dignified their positions to where they were shoulder to shoulder, quietly gazing up at the Romans.

The Eagles landed, and I couldn't help but admire them, with their plush golden feathers glinting in the sunlight and their fierce regality.

I saw Jason first, as he gracefully slid off the creature. Not far behind, Hazel and Praetor Frank dismounted the Eagle. They stood together and saluted to the two remaining people on their respective eagles.

Frank said, "We honor legionnaires Amanda Sartivas of the Second Cohort and James Donohoe of the Fifth Cohort for aiding in transport to Camp-Half Blood. It is advised you relay safe transgressions to the Senate. Thank you for your service. You are dismissed."

The apparent legionnaires gave a stiff nod and turned the Golden creatures back to the skies.

When they disappeared from sight, Frank sighed and Hazel placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder. Jason smiled and put an arm around Frank as well.

"Hey, you're doing a better job than I ever did at praetor at addressing your 'subjects'." Jason did a little air quote. "You're doing great!"

Frank blushed at the praise and scratched the back of his neck. "Thanks, guys."

The group of three turned to face us, and all jest faded from the atmosphere. Jason stepped forward. "We got your message. I'm sorry Reyna couldn't come, she is needed at the Senate, and it would be not appropriate for her to leave her position at times like this."

I spoke up reassuring Jason, "It's alright, we understand." I sent a meaningful glance to specific people in our group. "There are repairs needed to the damage of the War. I understand you all know the reason we are gathered here today?"

Hazel spoke for the first time she has been here, "Yes, but do you think that we have enough demigods for our endeavor? I am given the impression that we will need more people." I smirked.

"I admit that for what we are about to do, we're going to need a lot of support. They wouldn't pay us any heed unless we have a sufficient amount of demigods. But there shouldn't be enough demigods that the gods think we are going to start an uprising against them."

Clarisse snorted "Paranoid, they are."

The camp-half blood van drove up and the window rolled down to reveal Argus watching us with his many eyes.

"Hey, isn't Thalia coming?" Katie questioned. Jason faced her smiled brightly,

"She is? I thought she was busy in the Hunt or something."

"I will always have time to help find my friends, little bro." I jumped at the intruding voice and whirled around to see Thalia in all her glory, spiky black hair, a bow strapped to her back, and a black T-Shirt that said, 'I fight like a girl'.

I put a hand on my hip, faking a look of disdain at her. "Thalia, late as always."

"It's called fashionably late, ever heard of it, bookworm?" Before I could send back a response, Travis and Connor ran in front of the group to the Camp Van yelling in harmony, "TO THE BATMOBILE!"

I sent Thalia one last glare, which was returned, and headed with the group to the van.

Once the group was packed in, Clarisse yelled, "Once we find Prissy and Leo, I going to kick their butts into next week!"

The announcement was met with yells of agreement.

.:~*~:.

Argus was going to wait for us at bottom of the Empire State Building for us to come back. (Assuming we did.)

We must have looked like a bunch of ragtag teens who were part of a gang or something because many other people in the lobby parted like the Red Sea when we came through. I took a moment to admire the shining golden-brown marble of the walls and preceded to follow the group to the desk manager who was looking quite nervous.

Clarisse stomped up to the guy and held out her hand. "Give us the key for the elevator now punk. No funny business or I'll smash your face in."

The man looked understandably disgruntled. "And do you have an appointment with the Lord today?"

I shared a glance with Jason. I started,

"Well, you see-"

"Guys we got the key thingy!" I was cut off by Connor Stoll as he held up a small purple card in his nimble fingers, Travis grinning by his side.

"Ah, never mind that, guys, let's go!" Thalia dashed through the crowds of people who were gathering around an elevator that just arrived, Katie, Will, and Piper hesitantly following.

The rest of us trailed our gazes back to the desk manager who looked almost as shocked as us. I met his gaze and he seemed to jerk out of his shock.

"COME BACK HERE YA LITTLE-" He was swiftly knocked out by a punch to the head delivered by Clarisse, who turned on her heel to the elevators where the Stoll Brothers were holding the doors open, and Will, Thalia, and Katie were shooing away the mortals from the elevator. The rest of us who were still by the desk quickly followed, and Frank yelled to the receptionist's unconscious body, "Sorry about knocking you out, it was necessary!" Before Hazel tugged him to the elevators.

Once everyone was in, and the doors were closed, Nico took the card from Connor as he was the closest to the buttons and stuck it into a slot that suddenly popped up. A glowing red button popped up and Nico pushed it.

I felt a sudden jerk as the elevator started moving up.

We all stood silently in the elevator. Then the Stoll Brothers started chuckling, and soon most of us were laughing our hearts out, bar Nico, who was holding a slight grin on his face, and the Romans, who were chuckling, probably trained to not show emotions in battle.

Once we all calmed down, Piper breathed, "Did we just break into Olympus?"

Thalia swung an arm around her shoulders. "You better believe it!"

Connor and Travis exchanged a glance, and they started whispering. I narrowed my eyes at them. "Now what do you two think you're doing?" That brought the attention to them. Travis started to edge to the elevator buttons, and my eyes widened as I saw what was coming. Apparently, everyone else soon realized this as Travis lunged to the buttons, and Connor threw himself in front of his brother to halt the group of demigods attempting to stop Travis.

We all yelled,

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Travis pressed all the buttons.

.:~*~:.

A very long and stressful elevator ride later...

We all rushed out of the elevator as fast as we could. Many of us kissed the ground, (well, more like the sky), some stormed out with angry faces, and others were just relieved to get out of there. All except for Travis and Connor who were still in the elevator covered with bruises.

Katie and Hazel went back in to drag them out, and I sent them a harsh glare, as well as several others, which caused the Stoll Brothers to recoil.

Piper rolled her eyes and brought out some nectar from her bag that she brought. She passed it to Connor and turned to us. "Now I know that all of us are a bit resentful to them because they caused a bit of trouble to us-"

"THE ELEVATOR STOPPED ON EVERY SINGLE FLOOR PI-"

"WE HAD TO STOP THE MORTALS FROM COMING ON-"

"IT TOOK HOURS MORE THAN IT SHOULD'VE-"

"MY FEET HURT-"

"SHUT UP!"

Everyone stopped yelling at each other at my voice.

"Stop arguing guys, we're on Olympus now. This is the time to put away our petty arguments and look at the bigger picture." My facial expression left no room for argument as we started our trek to the Throne room for an audience with the gods.

.:~*~:.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.5K 826 22
So the war with Gaia is over and peace is made with Romans and the Greeks the gods can control there Greek/Roman personalities. But what if, it never...
8K 95 44
After being betrayed, Percy Jackson flees Camp Half-Blood. He comes across a mysterious blue amulet in the woods and when he puts it on, a portal ope...
76 7 21
•Percy Jackson and The Olympians Serie• When Thalia's tree is mysteriously poisoned, the magical borders of Camp Half-Blood begin to fail. Now Percy...
338 7 18
"3 new half-bloods will be claimed To eternal glory or to be maimed With the lightning bolt and the skull They will either die, or save them all But...