Issues

By W1LDCH1LD

Yeah, I've got issues. And one of them is how bad I need you... More

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
II.I
II.II
II.III
II.IV
II.V
II.VI
II.VII
II.VIII
II.IX
II.X
III.I
III.II
III.III
III.IV
III.V
III.VI
III.VII
III.VIII
III.IX
III.X
III.XI
III.XII
III.XIII
III.XIV
III.XV
IV.I
IV.II
IV.III
IV.IV
IV.V
IV.VI
IV.VII
IV.VIII
Epilogue
Sequel!

XV

1.2K 61 12
By W1LDCH1LD

           Setting: Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, California

Originally, when Demi had purchased the 2.5-million-dollar estate in the sleepy suburb of Sherman Oaks, the guest house had been meant for her family, not her. It was one of the first big purchases she had made when first getting signed to her record label. Even though she had cut ties with her mom, Demi left them the house and moved somewhere more suitable for a model, and she still paid the bills and everything. Just because her relationship with her mom was basically nonexistent, that didn't mean that she was just gonna let her family be homeless. She wasn't that heartless.

While away in Greece, Demi had tasked her little sister with the job of babysitting her two dogs. Usually she had her property manager stay at her house and watch them while she was away, but since she wasn't staying there anymore, that wasn't necessary. So, with a few goodbye cuddles, she had unceremoniously dropped them off at her family's house the night before Kris hoarded them onto a 3 AM plane headed for Greece.

When the front door swung open, Demi didn't know who was more excited to see her: her dogs or her little sister. The age gap between her and Madison was considerable but they were still close as ever, or at least Demi tried to keep it that way. She loved her little sister with all of her heart and she did try to keep their relationship up as much as possible because Madison was coming into her own and she wanted to be part of the whole Hollywood scene just as much as Demi did when she was that age. But Demi didn't want that for her sister. She saw what it did to Kendall and Kylie and she didn't want Madison going through what they did, or even what she did.

"You're back!" Maddie squealed, nearly knocking the wind out of her as she hugged her as tight as she could. Even though they were half-sisters, Demi saw a lot of herself in Madison. Some days they looked like twins.

"Somebody missed me," Demi joked as Maddie let her go so she walked further into the house. Batman and Robin were flipping out so Demi knelt down and showed them some love so that they would calm down.

"All their stuff is in the living room. I think mom got everything," Maddie said, not missing the way that Demi rolled her eyes towards the ceiling at the mention of their mother. They entered the open living room and Demi plopped down on the couch just to rest for a second as Maddie sat next to her.

"Can I please come stay with you? Summer is almost over and you said I could spend at least a weekend with you before I have to go back to school," Maddie whined as Demi could feel her resolve dissolving. The problem with Maddie coming to stay with her was that she was living with Trey and she wasn't sure how he would feel about extra guests.

"I just need to find my own place first, Mads. Then I promise as soon as I move in you'll be the first one to sleep over," Demi promised as the pout remained on Maddie's lips but she nodded anyway.

Demi heard the sound of familiar voices, then Eddie walked into the living room followed by Dianna. Demi didn't even bother looking at her. Instead, she started to gather Batman and Robin's stuff so that she could go back to Trey's house and tell him about the whole Elysandra situation...and give him his phone back.

"Hey pumpkin," Eddie greeted, pulling her in for a tight side hug as Dianna just stood there, not sure what to say because chances were that Demi wouldn't even respond to her. "How was vacation?"

"It was good. I guess I needed to get away more than I thought I did," Demi shrugged as Eddie let her go so she got Batman and Robin into their carriers.

"Hey Demi," Dianna greeted, the hesitation clear in her voice. But Demi didn't respond. Instead, she zipped up the carrier and picked it up with one hand while grabbing her purse with the other.

"I saw your pictures from vacation. It looks like you had a lovely time," Dianna tried again, but still no response. Demi didn't even look at her. The tension in the room was so thick that it made Maddie and Eddie squirm uncomfortably.

"We're having dinner over here on Sunday since Dallas is coming back from Texas. Hopefully you can make it," Dianna tried one last time, but Demi still didn't say anything. With a hushed goodbye to Eddie and Maddie, she was out the door.

The minute that Trey walked up to his front door the only thing he saw were boxes. Usually he wouldn't even enter his house through the front door, but the app to open the garage from the outside was on his phone and for some reason, Demi wanted to rip and run the streets instead of coming straight home. He knew these packages weren't for him. Demi had a bit of an addiction to online shopping, especially when she was feeling bad about something, and her birthday just passed so all of the boxes that were currently blocking his front door were definitely for her.

When he had gotten half of the boxes into the living room, Demi walked into the house from the garage holding a brown paper bag from Nobu, that overhyped restaurant in downtown Los Angeles famous for being the hotspot for the most popular celebrities in town, and knowing his girlfriend she had probably gotten sushi from there knowing damn well he did not eat raw fish.

"What's this?" Demi asked as she set the bag down in the kitchen then came into the living room. Trey walked into the house with another armful of boxes as he heard a loud gasp. "Oh my gosh, all these companies sent me this stuff for my birthday!"

Once he had everything inside, he plopped down on the couch and held his hand out. Demi slipped his phone out of the pocket of her sweats – his sweats but whatever – before going back to her packages. Inside of the cardboard boxes were even more fashionable boxes from companies such as Acne, MAC, Kylie Cosmetics, Smashbox, Chanel, Prada...the list went on and on. Bare Minerals had even sent her gift in a mailbox...like a whole mailbox. It was crazy.

"How was your day today, baby?" Demi asked as she sat in front of the couch where he was currently relaxing and opened the first box. It was from Acne studios and inside of it was a baby pink sweater, a white sweater, and a black sweater. On top of the sweaters was a birthday card with Demi's name written on the front in their minimalistic print.

"It would've been better if I had my phone..." Trey trailed off as he scrolled through all of his apps to see what he had missed. All of his notifications were still there so that meant that Demi hadn't gotten nosy. They never really had an issue with going through each other's phones, especially now. They had nothing to hide from each other.

"How was therapy?"

"I'm not going back to that woman," Demi said as she pushed the Acne box aside and grabbed the one from Kylie.

"Why not?" he chuckled. Demi always had attitude when it came to trying something new.

"I just don't like her. I like Arnold. Aren't these so cute?" she said, holding up the gold tubes of lipgloss. Trey didn't see the hype but he played along and held out his hand for her. He had been in Sephora with her enough times to know what she was about to do.

Like clockwork she twisted open the first tube of lipgloss and swatched it on her hand then his. It was a sparkly gold color and once it didn't lose its shine after a few minutes, Trey figured it wasn't matte, or at least that's what Demi had told him.

"She stopped making the matte lipkits?" Trey questioned as he looked down at his hand. Honestly, he could see why girls got so obsessed with this makeup stuff. It was kind of like shoes. So many different pairs, so many different styles, so many different brands. And just like shoes you wanted to have the best pair and the ones that were in style.

"No, I already have all of them though...until she releases new ones," Demi said as she swiped a red colored gloss on his hand next to the gold one. "I need to talk to you about something..."

Demi put the lipglosses back in the box then pushed those to the side before turning to face Trey. Once he saw that the playful smile on her face was gone he sat up a little bit more. He really hoped that she wasn't about to say that she was pregnant. They weren't the biggest fans of condoms but he watched her take that little blue pill every single morning. The last thing they needed was another pregnancy scare.

"So, today when I had your phone Elysandra texted you and said she wanted to meet up with you because it was important. So, I went ahead and met up with her..."

Once he heard Elysandra's name he just knew it was about to be some mess. Trey didn't have a problem with Elysandra. She was a really cool girl who was easy to talk to and she was an incredible dancer. But how many times could you reject someone before they got the hint?

"She said that you guys slept together while you had that break in June and then you kept sleeping together and now she's supposedly pregnant."

Trey just didn't understand how Demi was staying calm through all of this. The Demi of 2014 would've destroyed his living room and driven his car into his pool. Why wasn't she flipping out? Why wasn't she trying to physically assault him? Why was there a ghost of a smile on her lips as if she knew exactly what was going on and how she was going to stop it?

"You don't believe her...?" Trey stated slash questioned.

"Do I have a reason to?" Demi arched that right eyebrow of hers and Trey shook his head. Maybe a few years ago but now? He was fully satisfied. Nothing and no one was gonna come between him and Demi.

"No. But why would she...I promise I didn't sleep with her."

"I know you didn't, stupid. I was with you the entire week and we tried a new position that week. How could I ever forget?" Demi giggled as she moved so that she was sitting next to him on the couch.

"But I told her that I would talk to you about it and make sure you got involved. I know she's lying, well she may be pregnant but it's not your child, because she mentioned your career. If she really only wanted you to be there for the baby, she wouldn't do shit to jeopardize your career," Demi explained as she threw her legs over his and rested back on the couch.

"Well, I'll take care of it," Trey said as he ran his hand over his overgrown fro and took a deep breath.

This was the last thing he needed. He knew that there was no way that baby was his. Demi knew that there was no way that baby was his. But throw in the media, his record label, and a lying hoe? That was a PR disaster. He could talk about keeping shit private all he wanted but once the media got a hold of a rumor this big, it was gonna blow up in his face before he could do anything to stop it. And Trey just didn't have time for the mess.

"Um, no I'll take care of it. You have enough to worry about and she thinks I'm on her side. I just can't believe the audacity of hoes these days," Demi said as she scanned her fresh manicure.

Sometimes, Demi really made Trey laugh. It was just because of who she was as a person. She could really be the sweetest thing until you started fucking around with people she deeply cared about. Like, with Kris and Caitlyn. Demi had seriously driven all the way to Malibu (with Kendall and Kim as backup) and cussed Caitlyn out for how she talked about Kris in her book. And Demi didn't even read. But once Kim ran her mouth about what was inside of it she dedicated a whole weekend to reading it just so that she could go and fight with Caitlyn. Then with Kourtney talking shit about him. They really were all sisters but Demi made it clear that she didn't want to hear their opinion about their relationship or him. It was cute that she was always ready to throw hands over him, but he could fight his own battles.

"Okay, how about this? We'll take care of it," Trey compromised as he ran his hand over her covered thigh.

"I mean...I guess," Demi shrugged before she started to giggle again.

"Just promise me you won't fight her. We don't know if she's pregnant or not," Trey urged, but Demi stayed silent as she picked at her nails. That's another thing. Demi stayed ready to fight for some reason. It was like she had this little ball of anger inside of her that was ready to explode at any time and he truly didn't understand why. And when he asked her about it, she shook him off.

"Babe," he pinched her thigh but she simply hummed and stood up to go into the kitchen. "Demi, I'm serious!" Still no response.

I tried not to leave a cliffhanger bc I'm moving back to school tomorrow so I won't have time to update until like next weekend 😩 but here you guys go thanks for all of your feedback and I hope you enjoyed it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.9K 1K 32
I've been waiting...and I'll keep waiting...
45.5K 2K 40
Sequel to Issues
23.3K 733 11
I'll be good in bed, but I'll be bad to you.
14.7K 619 12
I need something different. Something's been missing...