Life without You...

By StraightTalking

What happened before "The Fast and The Furious" whilst Dom was in prison. Letty tries to run 1327 alone. A/N... More

Part 1 - The Funeral
Part 2 - The start of something?
Part 3 - Arrested
Part 4 - First Visit to Lompoc
Part 5 - Struggling
Part 6 - Truths
Part 7 - Christmas Shopping
Part 8 - Christmas Eve
Part 9 - New Year's Eve
Part 10 - One Year Anniversary
Part 11 - Thinking
Part 12 - Mia Needs This
Part 13 - Dom's Return
Part 14 - Celebrating
Part 15 - Bad Dreams
Part 16 - The Races
Part 17 - Ride or Die
Part 18 - It might be love
Part 20 - Mia
Part 21 - Dealing with Tran
Part 22 - Decision made
Part 23 - Hungover
Part 24 - The Necklace
Part 25 - Epilogue

Part 19 - Vince

1.2K 13 15
By StraightTalking

Letty's POV

We worked on Saturday but adrenaline must have still been circling through us because we couldn't get enough of each other. The feeling seemed to have stuck.

On Saturday night we went to the races. I borrowed Dom's car and threw down a grand. I won. I raced the next race and threw down two large. I won again. I raced again and threw down three large. I was expecting to lose but won again.

Dom proved himself to be King of the street and won every damn race that night. He walked home seven large richer. You could see it in his eyes though. Every time he was handed money you could see that he wanted more of it. I was the opposite, born of these two years of going without, if I had money I was somewhat cautious with it unless I knew I was safe, but Dom wanted more. He needed to have money for the sake of it. I didn't need to have money to have it. I was more used to being without it that when I had it I hated losing it.

"What you hoarding it for?" I teased.

"We need cars Let."

"Okay," I raised an eyebrow as I wanted him to continue on.

He said no more and for an odd reason I actually didn't want to know more.

That night we tumbled into bed, a tangle of limbs and smelling of burnt rubber. His hands quickly removed my top and bra. My hands worked on his t shirt hoisting it over his head. Soon I was barely thinking as he rolled me beneath him.

Sunday mornings were always the best part of the week. I loved a Sunday morning to catch up on my sleep. Dom was already awake, I could feel his eyes on me despite the fact I hadn't even opened my own yet. My leg was hooked between his and his arm around my shoulders. To my surprise we'd turned out to be very cuddly sleepers. In many ways I'd always thought of myself as a more physical being craving touch more than emotions but I had evolved into a balance of the two but did have a very physical side. Dom was physical too, always seeking reassurance by grasping onto my waist or brushing my hair from my face. Again well matched and well balanced.

I drifted back into a doze, slipping right into a world of dreams. It was rare that I dreamt but I had strange dreams on Sunday mornings. Probably a mixture of my conscious and subconscious working together and conjuring up images I'd only half imagined during the day.

Round eleven I allowed myself to awake properly. Sunday morning was the sole morning we weren't disturbed. The practice of church now forgotten in our home. Downstairs I could hear the chatter of Jesse who had moved in with us so gradually I hadn't even noticed it was happening until it was a reality. Then Vince who'd taken up residence with us after Dom returned. The voices of the boys drifted through the otherwise quiet house and I stretched as I realised sadly my morning in bed was coming to an end.

"Morning," Dom murmured.

"Morning," I replied as I stretched.

Dom shook his head and smiled at me. "Sometimes it would be more appropriate to greet you with afternoon."

"It's only round eleven," I muttered in a dismissive way. I waved my hand at him in a buzz off gesture.

"Try half eleven."

"Close enough."

I felt my eyelids flutter closed lazily. Dom's fingers started trailing down my stomach and I caved. My eyes opened wide and I kissed him gently.

We surfaced a good bit after twelve. I was fully dressed and ready to get rolling with something. Vince and Jesse were tossing a football to each other, one shot coming near the window. I wasn't paying to fix windows.

"Oi!" I yelled as I caught them red handed.

Behind me Dom chuckled as he saw me tense. He knew I hated them messing around in the house. Both boys froze and Jesse actually dropped the football.

"Told you she'd yell," Mia said smugly from the corner.

I shot a glare in her direction. The smirk fell from her face and she quickly immersed herself in her books looking the very image of innocence.

"Take it outside now!" I barked.

Dom raised his thumb in the direction of the door and I watched as the boys faces fell. Jesse frowned as he lifted the ball and tucked it under his arm. Vince pulled a face at Dom, he must have been expecting a laugh or a concession like keep it waist height and it stays, I don't know but he grew annoyed when we didn't concede defeat.

"Dom you're pussy whipped man!" Vince jeered. A shit eating grin crossed his face.

To my surprise Dom didn't move. Instead he shrugged. "It's her house too, what she says goes."

"Oh she must be fine in the sack if that's your opinion!"

"Shut it Vince," Dom growled. He didn't like them talking about me like that.

At that lewd comment, I crossed the distance between us and grabbed Vince, a guy of six foot two, by the scruff of his collar and dragged him outside. I might only be five foot three but I took no shit from anyone.

"One more comment about my sex life and I promise you're getting jumped," I warned Vince. I raised my hand and gave him an open palmed slap. I knew it wouldn't hurt much but it would let the message sink in. His cheek flushed red and he raised his hand to cup his sore cheek.

"You don't have the balls to actually hurt me."

"Don't tempt me man." My relationship with Vince wasn't as close as everyone assumed. We got on alright but sometimes he was possessive of Dom. He probably thought I'd taken his best friend from him.

I made my way back towards the house and tried to calm my irritated mindset. If I'd been ready to start my day before I was in the mood to really go all for it now.

"You away to suck his dick?" Vince yelled after me.

By this point I could see everyone cluttered in the window with Jesse stood in the doorway. Turning on my heel I was on Vince before I could stop myself. I punched him twice in the face and kicked him once in the balls. He lay there on the ground in agony. I spat on the ground next to him and left him there with the blood dripping onto the ground.

My knuckles were swollen and slightly bruised from where I'd punched him the wrong way. I hadn't aligned my fingers and thumb properly so I'd formed a fist in a bad shape. Sighing, I trekked inside past Dom and Mia. Jesse had rushed to Vince's aid. I began my climb upstairs. I needed to be alone.

Half an hour later Dom appeared. I was lying on our bed and staring vaguely up at the ceiling. I didn't want to talk to him right now.

"Okay, we need to talk about that," Dom said as he sat down. This wasn't good we never had that we need to take moment and discuss what had just transpired.

"Look I'm not having him talk about me like that."

"Like what. Explain."

"I'm not having him talk about me like I'm a little racer chaser, good for one thing and one thing only. Dom, if you're with me for sex tell me now. I'd rather get out now before I get in too deep I can't get out." I was already in too deep but I wasn't going to be the first to cave and admit I loved him.

Dom chuckled. "You've too much damn pride. You're not a racer chaser and never will be Let. I'm not with you for sex, even if it is incredible. I'm with you because I actually like you. I'm crazy about you and everything you stand for."

"Where is he getting the damn idea he can talk about me like that from?" I demanded.

"Let, he's like that. Talks about all girls like that."

"That needs to change."

"Plus he doesn't like that I consider this more your house than his."

"Jealous asshole."

Dom shrugged. "That may be. You know you gotta apologise for that though. I might love your red hot temper and I might find it sexy when you beat up a guy almost a whole foot taller than you with relative ease, but Vince doesn't. He's downstairs nursing an ice pack over his most likely broken nose, but he deserved that. Nobody makes those comments about my girl. I've spoken to him but you need to apologise to him, okay?"

"Fine. I'm doing this for you Dom, not him."

Dom nodded and smiled at me. He pressed a kiss to my forehead and then raised my hand to examine my knuckles. "You did yourself enough damage too."

"Yeh, always do." I laughed as I got to my feet.

"After want to go for pizza? Just you and me?"

"Sure, do I look okay?" I asked the question sarcastically but he took me seriously.

"Better change. I may like the bloodied tank top look but strangers won't."

I rolled my eyes heading to my room, with Dom trailing like a puppy behind me, and stripped off the tank top and replaced it with a t shirt. The top was kind of tight so it emphasised my slim waist. My jeans were mucked up at the knees so I kicked them off too. The skirt just about grazed my mid thigh. Dom's eyes widened when he realised I actually owned skirts. Mia may have bought them for me but I did wear them on occasion as I felt they were appropriate. It was sort of appropriate given we were heading out.

"Why are all your clothes in here?"

"So I can still lay claim to a room," I joked. "I'm marking my territory."

"Move it in with mine."

"Then I'd be without a bedroom."

"You never sleep here anyways. Why bother walking backwards and forwards all the time?"

I sighed. "I'll do it at my own pace. You'll be pissed at how little room you have left."

He shrugged. Our relationship moved fast in phases but remained static for other parts. We'd move forwards in a rush for a few days then cool it for weeks. Really we'd only been dating for two and a half months but I already saw myself with him until I died. To a nineteen year old woman that was scary.

"Plus if we have a fight, I want my own bed back."

"Let," he laughed.

I sat in the bed and tugged on my combat boots. Glancing in the mirror I shrugged, it wasn't the most common look but I rocked this look.

Downstairs I made my way to the kitchen.

"Hey man, I'm sorry about the face," I said to Vince.

Vince was sat at the kitchen ranks with crusted blood around his nose. Fighting a grin I stared at his eyes which were beginning to blacken.

"Yeh sorry Letty, shouldn't have spoken to you that way."

"Cheers."

Awkward silence filled the air in the kitchen and lingered. I nudged Dom and he hooked me under his arm.

"Cmon we'll go for a drive."

He and I headed off together to get pizza. As always Dom drove so I sat comfortably in the passengers seat, slinging my feet onto the dashboard to rest.

"You're always doing that."

"It's comfy."

He shrugged and pulled in outside Pizza Hut. We walked in side by side, hands touching then holding each other's hands. Oddly romantic when no one we knew was around. We didn't go in for couple things. I was actually impressed when he opened the door for me, gesturing with his free hand to let me walk through it. Then as I moved to walk through the open door, he stepped out in front of me.

"You asshole!" I announced.

"Don't hate the game!"

I smiled despite myself. We were seated near the window overlooking the car park.

We ordered a meat lovers pizza with a crust stuffed with cheese.

"What do you think about moving into my room properly?" Dom asked.

"I don't know. Maybe if we do it over a few weeks, you know, like gradually?" I suggested. My tone was slightly wary as I wasn't refusing him, just wanting to slow it up a bit.

"Whatever you want," he said with a shrug.

"I'll move some things in tonight, I promise," I murmured.

The grin that spread across his face was huge. Dom's eyes lit up and shone at my words. If I'd had known it would make him this ecstatic I'd have agreed on the spot. Seeing him like this made me want to move completely into his room. The only thing that was turning me from the idea was the fact that we hadn't been dating that long. Even if we'd only been together another few months I'd have jumped at it.

We sat and people watched and just chilled together. The pizza was brought out and it was demolished. Completely.

Dom paid and we left. We actually did do what he said we were going to do and went for a drive.

On our way back, he pulled over at Hector's garage and went inside to speak to him. Curiosity pushed me from the Escort to the garage. Hector worked on his Subaru on a Sunday. He was in the process of figuring out what made Dom's car so good.

Nosiness led me right to the garage where Dom was holding a wad of cash. About ten thousand or so I'd have guessed to look at it. I walked to stand at Dom's side.

"You're offering me eleven thousand for those three civics?" Hector asked.

"Yeh."

"You've got nerve Toretto, real nerve."

Dom raised an eyebrow as if waiting for him to continue. Even I could have told him eleven thousand was a bit of a crap offer for all three Civics. He'd want about fourteen thousand for them.

"Not even close," Hector announced.

"What do you want for them? We could come to a compromise," Dom suggested.

The two men looked almost comical together. Dom was six three with a muscular build and a powerful presence to match. If you waked into a room you knew Dom was there. Hector on the other hand was small and round, built like a slightly slimmer version of Santa Claus.

"I'm offering you eleven," Dom began, "You name your price."

"Sixteen."

I almost rolled my eyes. We didn't have sixteen grand, besides those Civics needed work. They needed reinforced, a stand alone fuel injection system. They needed money poured into them. Why did Dom even want the damn things?

"Thirteen," Dom said.

"Fifteen, five hundred."

"Thirteen, two fifty."

"You're insulting me man."

"Hector," I interrupted. Both men started as they looked at me. Probably surprised that was the first word out of my mouth. "We both know those Civics need work. That one on the left, she's damaged along the door panel, you know they were damaged before we borrowed them. Their fuel system is wasteful. There's a dent in the rim of the middle one. The one on the right has a big dent in the left rear corner of her and the spoiler isn't positioned right."

"So you're saying the price should come down?" He said with a grin.

"I'm saying if Dom here is going to be throwing down thirteen large for these, they better be in a shape that isn't going to need much fixing."

Hector tipped his head, slightly amused but his face was pondering. He stood and thought for a moment before walking around the Civics in circles. Dom frowned as Hector wandered around them.

"Nice," Dom muttered to me in a voice so low I barely caught it.

We watched as he circled the Civics.

"I fix everything your girl named for you there for fourteen thousand five hundred."

"I reckon you can fix her for fourteen thousand," Dom said with a slight smile.

"Done," Hector agreed.

"I'll give you half now and half when they're done," Dom said handing Hector seven large.

Hector counted it and nodded. "Nice doing business."

"Nice doing business with you too," Dom agreed.

They shook hands and Hector even shook my hand.

Dom and I got back into his a Escort. Once more curiosity prompted me to ask him outright why he wanted those goddamn cars.

"Why do you need those cars?" I asked him with a touch of anger in my voice. "Those things are dangerous to have around the house!"

"Tran approached me for another job in a few weeks and I said yes."

"You stupid shit," I cursed.

Dom shrugged. "That may be your opinion but I won't have you girls struggling again for money. Ever."

"Dom we do just fine out of the garage," I told him. As much as I'd enjoyed the adrenaline rush, I could get almost as good a rush out of racing. Why couldn't he just stick to the racing? Did he want to return to prison?

I closed my eyes and say back, deciding not to have this conversation now. If we did we'd really argue and I couldn't handle that right now.

Not one more words passed between us until we arrived back at the house. I didn't feel the need to speak again and neither did Dom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323K 7.3K 29
❝Be Fearless, Not Fearful❞ | Dominic Toretto and his family are willing to do anything to find out what happened to the youngest member of their crew...
547 9 8
Fast and Furious 1-6 What is life like living in Brian O' Connors shadow? How dangerous is it running with the people you call family? Find out in Fa...
73K 1.3K 24
Nearly twenty-two years ago Skylar's mom left the smoggy skies of LA to start a new life. Now after her mother's death, twenty-year-old Skylar return...
92.4K 1.3K 8
What if the Toretto's had another sister? What if this sister had been kidnapped. What if while looking to bring Letty home, they also find their sis...