Monster (A Supernatural Fanfi...

By musicdreams31

"Maybe you are a monster, but so am I and so is Dean. Maybe every human or every living being is a monster. B... More

Introduction and Copyright
Cast
Chapter 1: Night Moves and Piles of Hell
Chapter 2: "This is the world's most dangerous Nephilim?"
Chapter 3: It's Castiel, not Cassiel
Chapter 4: Archangels, Biscuits, and Broken Windows
Chapter 5: 4.20.1 The Rapture
Chapter 6: 4.20.2 The Rapture
Chapter 7: Angels, Demons, and Nephilims, oh my!
Chapter 8: "I'm gonna ruin this small moment we're having."
Chapter 9: 4.22.1 Lucifer Rising
Chapter 10: 4.22.2 Lucifer Rising
Chapter 11: 5.1.1 Sympathy for the Devil
Chapter 12: 5.1.2 Sympathy for the Devil
Chapter 13: "Of course it's Lucifer. It's always Lucifer."
Chapter 14: 5.4.1 The End
Chapter 15: 5.4.2 The End
Chapter 16: Drunken Pancakes
Chapter 17: 5.6.1 I Believe the Children are Our Future
Chapter 18: 5.6.2 I Believe the Children are Our Future
Chapter 19: "How do you handle a drunk woman?"
Chapter 20: "Wow. You really are a bitch."
Chapter 21: Heaven on Earth
Chapter 22: 5.9.1 The Real Ghostbusters
Chapter 24: "The therapist and the alcoholic."
Chapter 25: 5.10.1 Abandon All Hope
Chapter 26: 5.10.2 Abandon All Hope
Chapter 27: Coffee Kisses
Chapter 28: 5.13.1 The Song Remains the Same
Chapter 29: 5.13.1 The Song Remains the Same
Chapter 30: Broken Promises and Birthday Wishes
Chapter 31: Heaven Help Us All
Chapter 32: 5.16.1 Dark Side of the Moon
Chapter 33: 5.16.2 Dark Side of the Moon
Chapter 34: "You can't leave me here forever."
Chapter 35: "God, please....just kill me already."
Chapter 36: 5.18.1 Point of No Return
Chapter 37: These Are The Lies
Chapter 38: 5.21.1 Two Minutes to Midnight
Chapter 39: 5.21.2 Two Minutes to Midnight
Chapter 40: 5.22.1 Swan Song
Chapter 41: 5.22.2 Swan Song
MONSTER One-Shot
MONSTER One-Shot: Djinn
DECEPTION
Why I made Cassandra Moore as she is
Deception is up!
Wattys 2018
Instagram
SUPER IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!! AHHHHH!!
Published Novel

Chapter 23: 5.9.2 The Real Ghostbusters

4.8K 172 58
By musicdreams31

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Even though I can't celebrate it today because I'm gonna be on the road all day to go to Orlando for States

Pineview Motel, Vermilion, Ohio

Cassandra stopped crawling through the small hole in the wall and glanced over her shoulder to see Dean's gaze locked on her ass. She kicked her foot back, nudging his chest with her heel. "Dude," she said, staring at him with her eyebrows raised. Dean shrugged innocently.

    "What? I'm killing my knees; I might as well enjoy the view," he defended. Sam chuckled from behind Dean and Cassandra just rolled her eyes and scoffed, shaking her head before crawling into the attic and standing up. Sam grunted as he hit his head, rubbing it once he stood up himself and took his spot next to Cassandra and Dean. Cassandra coughed and waved her hand in front of her face, trying to smack the dust away. Dean snickered which earned a harsh nudge from the blonde. Sam pulled out the EMF detector and glanced around. The red lights flashed, the small device whirring and screeching like crazy.

    "The EMF's going nuts," Sam said. Dean stopped and turned towards his brother, rolling his eyes.

"Great. We got a real ghost and we got a bunch of dudes pretending to be us poking at it," Dean replied. Cassandra sighed and nodded.

"No way this ends well," she muttered.

"Yeah, well, serves them right," Dean snapped. Cassandra turned and stared at him in disbelief as they wandered further into the attic.

"Dean!" Cassandra scolded. He shrugged, never turning back to look at the blonde.

"I'm just saying."

Cassandra, Sam, and Dean all continued to wander around the hotel's attic, shining their flashlights over anything and everything they could find. Cassandra wrinkled her nose at all of the cobwebs, waving her hands in front of her as she walked straight into one. Dean noticed this action and snickered, shaking his head. She rolled her eyes.

"Oh, can it, Winchester," she hissed. Dean smirked up at her.

"What? Does the princess not like spider webs and bugs?" he retorted. Cassandra scowled at him and continued through the attic.

"My mommy loves me." The blonde gasped and spun around to see a little boy sitting in the corner, his hands holding his head. Dean and Sam rushed over to the Nephilim and ghost, shining their flashlights on him and staring back at him warily. "I said my mommy loves me." Cassandra nodded, gulping.

"I'm sure she does," she replied smoothly and calmly.

"My mommy loves me this much!" He removed his hands from his head and held his arms out to reveal that he had been scalped. Cassandra jumped back, her eyes widening as her lips parted slightly in shock. Suddenly he disappeared into thin air.

~*~

    Cassandra and Chuck watched in disgust as Becky stared dreamily towards Sam who paced the length of the main room, phone pressed against his ear. Sam glanced over towards the fangirl and gave her a curt nod, furrowing his eyebrows when she licked her palm before flattening it out and blowing on it as if she were blowing him a kiss. Sam eyed her in disgust and confusion before shaking it off. Chuck sighed.

    "Awesome," Chuck muttered. Cassandra glanced between the Prophet and the fangirl before snorting. Chuck glanced down at her. "What?" She arched an eyebrow.

    "Dude, really? You have a thing for her?" Cassandra asked in a hushed whisper. "She's not...normal."

    "And you are?" Chuck retorted. Cassandra scowled up at him and he raised his arms up in surrender. Chuck sighed and shook his head. "In case you haven't noticed, Cassandra, I don't have as much luck with women as you do with men." The blonde laughed.

    "You think I have luck with men? The only one I've ever managed to score is Dean. I'm not saying it's a bad thing but still. You can have higher standards, y'know. You're not half bad...despite my first impression of you." Chuck cringed and slightly winced at the memory, earning a snicker from the Nephilim.

    "What's going on with you and Dean, by the way? I noticed you two have grown a bit closer since you first joined them," Chuck said. Cassandra sighed and glanced towards the two Hunters who sat a couple feet away from them, discussing the information Sam had just gathered from the historical society. She shrugged.

    "I don't know, honestly," Cassandra admitted. Chuck frowned. "It's all so confusing. One minute he's rough and yelling and just a plain asshole and the next he's soft, sympathetic, and confiding in me. He kissed me earlier. Dean hasn't kissed me since we left your place for the most part." Chuck cocked his head to the side and squinted his eyes and thought, glancing over towards the Hunters.

    "Dean is a complicated man," Chuck said. Cassandra nodded in agreement, letting out an aggravated sigh. "But he's also been through a lot. I've noticed how he's changed since you came along. It's harder for him to grasp and act on his emotions. At least that's what I've seen in my visions." Chuck glanced around before leaning towards the blonde, lowering his voice. "I know that you were taken up to Heaven by Michael and missed what went on during those few days. I saw what happened to Dean." Cassandra snapped her head towards Chuck in curiosity. "He was worried about you, Cassandra. He missed you."

    "You're lying." Chuck shook his head and watched as she glanced back towards Dean and Sam. She chuckled softly, shaking her head. "Dean doesn't worry about anyone but Sam and sometimes Castiel," she added softly. Chuck reached over and placed a hand on her shoulder.

    "I saw it, Cassandra. Go for it. You can make each other happy," he told her. Cassandra rolled her bottom lip in thought. What if Chuck was telling the truth? What if Dean really did feel something for her? Would it be worth all of the trouble in the end?

~*~

    Cassandra and the Winchesters found themselves teaming up with two of the larpers—Demian and Barnes. She had managed to tune the two boys out, focusing on her surroundings and the warm, comforting feeling of Dean's arm wrapped around her waist. She should've been used to the feeling but she wasn't. It was an action he was making into a habit, not that she minded, but she hoped that it would lead them to fixing things between the two of them.

    Dean's harsh tone snapped Cassandra out of her thoughts and she glanced up at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"All right, you know what? That's it. That is it," Dean sneered. Demian turned around to face Dean, stopping completely.

"What's wrong, Bobby?" he questioned. Cassandra rolled her eyes at his words and shook her head. She understood why Dean was getting so fed up. It's why she had decided to block them out.

"I'm not Bobby, okay?" He looked to Barnes. "You're not Sam." He returned his attention to Demian. "You're not Dean. What is wrong with you? Why in the hell would you choose to be these guys?"

"Because we're fans. Like you," Barnes replied as if it were obvious. Dean scoffed and shook his head.

"No. I am not a fan, okay? Not fans. In fact, I think that the Dean and Sam story sucks. It is not fun. It is not entertaining. It is a river of crap that would send most people howling to the nut house!" Cassandra winced at his words and Sam sent her a sympathetic look. They both knew Dean wasn't exactly thinking about what he was saying. "So you listen to me. Their pain is not for your amusement. I mean do you think they enjoy being treated like—like circus freaks?"

"Uh....I don't think they care because they're fictional characters!" Demian replied.

"Oh, they care. Believe me. They care a lot." Dean stormed off, shoving his way between the two larpers. Sam and Cassandra exchanged glances before the latter chased after him, catching up after a few moments.

She rested a hand on his shoulder as she stopped in front of him, keeping him from walking any further.

"Dean. Dean, calm down," she said softly, staring up at him. He sucked in a sharp breath and shook his head, glancing away. "These people don't understand that you guys are real. You can't just go off on them like that."

"They're making us look like idiots!"

"And I get that, Dean, but they don't know that. To them this is just a game and I'd rather it stay that way. Introducing them to this world will flip their lives upside down and it won't be for the better," Cassandra explained. Dean's gaze drifted down to her and he frowned. He knew she was speaking from experience. Every fiber of his being regretted dragging her into the supernatural world but they had to. Cassandra sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "Please, Dean, just calm down. For me?"

Dean reached out and cupped her cheek. Cassandra sent him a warm smile, hoping it'd help. Dean leaned down and softly placed his lips on hers, his eyes fluttering closed as she kissed him back instantly. There was no hesitation like earlier. Dean pulled away, sighing, and rested his forehead on hers again. The scent of whiskey lingered on Dean's breath, reminding the blonde of the kiss from earlier.

"How are you so calm and not frustrated over idiots like them?" he muttered. Cassandra chuckled as she stared back into his green eyes, the dim street light next to them reflecting off of his irises and giving them a glow that she had come to love.

"Because it's just not worth the time or stress. We have bigger things to worry about than some geeks."

"Mm, you really deserve that doctorate degree. I'd have you as my therapist no matter how expensive you were," he told her. Cassandra laughed and shook her head, earning a small smile from Dean.

"But you already get me for free," the blonde teased. Dean grinned and Cassandra knew that she had managed to lift his mood. Maybe Chuck was right. Maybe he did feel something for her. "Come on. Let's go burn some bones."

~*~

    Cassandra and Dean walked side-by-side as they shined the flashlights around the cemetery, Sam doing the same on the other side. They skimmed over each headstone before Dean stopped on one aging stone in particular.

"I found the four boys," he announced.

"And here's Leticia Gore," Sam replied, shining his flashlight just a few feet away. Cassandra looked up at the sound of rustling and random lights and she glanced over towards Demian and Barnes who tip toed around the edge of the cemetery, shining their flashlights in the bushes. She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Uh...what are you guys doing?" Cassandra questioned, cocking her head to the side slightly. Demian glanced up, staying in character which earned an eye roll from the blonde.

"We're looking for bones, genius. They gotta be around here somewhere," he told her. Cassandra nodded and glanced away, licking her lips, before returning her attention back towards the larpers.

"Okay. Generally, bones are in the ground," she replied. Sam let his duffel bag fall to the ground and leaned down to grab his shovel, Dean shining the light on it for him.

"Yeah, I know that. I just—" Demian stopped, his gaze drifting over towards Sam who pulled the shovel from the bag. His eyes widened and he broke character, letting Cassandra sigh in relief. "Wait, hold on. Are you guys serious?"

"Deadly," Cassandra deadpanned.

"We're not really digging up graves, you guys, we're just playing a game." Dean and Cassandra exchanged glances before the former looked back towards the larpers.

"Trust us. You wanna win the game, right?"

~*~

    About an hour and a half later, Dean's shovel hit the top of a wooden surface and he looked up to Cassandra and Sam before tugging open the lid of the coffin. Demian gagged and looked away, shaking his head as Cassandra cringed. She had yet to work a spirit case with the boys and seeing the remains of a psychotic woman was definitely a first.

"That's not a plastic skeleton. That's a—that's a skeleton skeleton," Demian said.

"You just dug up a real grave," Barnes added. Dean nodded and glanced up at them from inside the hole.

"Yeah."

"You guys are nuts," Demian told them. Cassandra snorted, nodding in agreement. That was definitely one word to describe the three of them.

"I thought you guys wanted to be Hunters," Sam said, biting back the smirk that threatened to take over. Cassandra didn't bother to hide her chuckles before biting her lower lip.

"Hunters aren't real man. This isn't real!" Demian yelled, the pitch of his voice rising in fright. Barnes and Demian turned to walk away but the former turned back towards Sam and Cassandra.

"My God. You guys have seriously lost your grip on this—" Barnes froze and stared over Sam's shoulder in shock. Sam furrowed his eyebrows.

"What?" Beside Sam stood a spirit of a younger woman, her clothes torn and tattered. Her skin was a sickly pale and dirt coated her like a second skin. Cassandra's eyes widened as she turned to follow their gaze.

"Naughty, naughty, naughty!" the spirit of Leticia Gore hissed. Suddenly she backhanded Sam, the Hunter flying across the cemetery. Demian and Barnes screamed out in fear and turned, taking off through the cemetery. Cassandra helped pull Dean out of the grave, letting out a grunt from his weight.

Barnes tripped as he ran, falling to the ground. Noticing the lack of movement, Demian turned back and screamed out for his partner. "Barnes!"

Dean rummaged through the duffel, pulling out the can of salt and small tank of gasoline. Cassandra poured the salt over the remains as Dean dumped the gasoline, digging out his lighter.

"Oh my God!" Demian shouted at the sight of Gore's spirit in front of them.

"Naughty, naughty, naughty!" She pushed a hand into each of their chests and they screamed out in pain. Cassandra glanced up, her eyes widening, just as Dean flicked open the lighter and threw it down into the grave. The spirit screamed out as she burst into flames, disappearing from sight. Demian and Barnes stared at the spot where she had just been standing, panting in fear and lack of breath. Sam pushed himself to his feet, conscious again, while Dean and Cassandra turned to face the two larpers.

"Real enough for you?" Dean asked. They turned and stared at the Hunter and the Nephilim in horror.

~*~

Demian and Barnes sat at the bar where the Winchesters and Cassandra had sat just hours earlier. Demian picked up the shot in front of him that had just been filled and threw it back, exhaling sharply as he slammed the shot glass down on the bar top. "That was...really..."

"Awful. Right?"

Demian and Barnes spun around in their seats at the sound of Cassandra's voice to see her standing next to Dean with his arm wrapped around her waist, Sam standing next to his brother.

"Exactly. Round's on us, guys," Dean finished, slamming a twenty down on the bartop in front of them before slapping Barnes on the shoulder.

"See you around," Sam chimed. They started to walk off when Demian stopped them.

"Hey. How'd you know how to do all that?" Demian questioned. Cassandra and Dean exchanged discreet glances, Cassandra's tongue swiping over her lips as Sam thought up a lie for them.

"We, uh, we read the books," Sam said awkwardly, turning to glance down at Dean and Cassandra. They both forced smiles on their faces, nodding. Dean and Sam did read the books a year earlier, but they had just skimmed through them. Cassandra had yet to read one of the books, but she ordered the whole series online the moment they got back to the hotel after burning the bones of Leticia Gore.

The Hunters turned and left, crossing the room over to where Chuck was standing with the convention managed. Dean walked up to the Prophet and sent him a fake smile.

"Hey, Chuck. Good luck with the Supernatural books, and screw you very much," Dean spat before turning an walking away. Cassandra rolled her bottom lip between her teeth, biting back a laugh. Dean grinned at her before leaning down and pecking a kiss on her lips. Sam rolled his eyes and turned towards his brother.

"Is this something I have to constantly watch everyday now?" Sam asked. A smirk curled onto Dean's lips and he snickered, earning a sigh from Sam.

The convention manager watched the trio walk away before looking at Chuck. "Fans of yours?"

"Hmm. I'd say no," Chuck replied.

    Cassandra reached forward and pushed on the main doors, furrowing her eyebrows when they wouldn't open. She tugged on them again before turning the lock but the doors wouldn't budge. "That's weird," the blonde muttered.

"Definitely," Sam agreed.

The trio split up to check every possible exit in the hotel. Cassandra had tested her powers but they didn't seem to be working. She was just as trapped as the rest of them. After about twenty minutes they all met up as Dean checked one last window with a grunt.

"Hey. Anything?" Dean asked. Sam and Cassandra both shook their heads.

"Every exit's locked. Almost like—"

"Something's keeping us in?" Dean finished for his brother. Sam nodded. Dean scowled and slammed his fist against the window in frustration. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, turning towards the blonde next to Sam.

"Yeah. This is bad," Sam agreed.

"Gee ya think, Sammy?" Dean retorted. Cassandra opened her mouth to reply when a woman's screams cut her off. They all exchanged wide eyed glances before bolting towards the woman, stopping as she slowly backed away and into Dean. Cassandra recognized her as the actress who played Leticia Gore.

"Don't go in there!" the woman yelled.

"Get downstairs, okay? Go, go!" Dean yelled. She pushed past them and raced down the hall as the trio entered the library to see Gore's son crouching in the corner, holding his head again.

"Why'd you do that? Why did you send my mommy away?" the little boy whimpered.

"Ah, maybe because of the high and tight she gave you, huh? How bout some thanks," Dean snapped. Sam cleared his throat, arching an eyebrow at Dean. "Well, I'm just saying a little gratitude might be nice once in awhile."

"My mommy didn't do this to me," the boy told him. Cassandra furrowed her eyebrows and turned back towards the boy.

"What? Then who did?" she asked. The boy disappeared and she rolled her eyes, throwing her arms up in the air in defeat. Great. Their only lead decided to disappear again. A man's scream echoed down the halls and Cassandra shoved Dean to the side, taking off. She stopped and recoiled at the sight of the man larping as the Hook Man on the ground, dead and scalped. Dean and Sam slowed to a stop behind her, sighing and shaking their heads. "Oh my god," Cassandra whispered, bringing a fist up to her mouth and choking back the bile in her throat.

"We need to find Chuck. Now," Dean told them. Both Sam and Cassandra nodded, stepping around the body and racing down the stairs. They stopped outside of the auditorium and Dean turned to Cassandra. "I'll go get the rest of the employees. You and Sam will tell Chuck and get him to keep everyone in." Cassandra nodded and glanced up at Sam, shoving the door open and rushing down the path.

"Well guys I guess we're out of time. So thank you for your incredibly probing and rigorous questions, and have a good—" Cassandra cut Chuck off by jumping on the stage, whispering in his ear. "Hey."

"It's all real. The building's haunted. Someone's dead," she muttered. Chuck's eyes widened.

"What? Holy crap!" he yelled, briefly forgetting about the microphone just under his mouth. Cassandra glared at him and lowered the microphone, covering it.

"You gotta keep everyone safe in here, Chuck. This is life or death," she hissed.

"For how long?"

"As long as it takes." Cassandra turned away from the audience, her back to Sam and Becky and the rest of the fans. She couldn't risk anyone reading her lips. "My powers aren't working. I can't even get myself out of here to get help. This is bad."

"Well...how the hell am I supposed to do that?"

"I don't know, man. Just do it." Cassandra hopped off of the stage, sending small smiles towards the men who eyed her as she walked away. She cleared her throat awkwardly and met up with Sam in the back of the room.

"Okay. So, uh, good news. I got much more to tell you... I guess," Chuck announced.

Dean pushed open the door to the auditorium, ushering the rest of the staff inside.

"Buddy, I got work to do," the hotel manager snapped. Dean chuckled softly, nodding.

"You're gonna want to see this, trust me. It's gonna be a hell of a show," Dean told him. All of the staff filed in, ending with the actress of Leticia Gore. They all seemed to be pissed but the Hunters could care less. They pulled the door shut, Cassandra catching a can of salt that Dean tossed her. They all started to salt the doors before all meeting a few feet away, but far enough back to where the crowd couldn't hear them..

"Okay. New theory: The legends about Leticia are ass-backwards obviously," Dean said. Sam nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. So all right, let's say those three orphans were playing cowboys and Indians," Sam added.

"LARPing as cowboys and Indians," Dean corrected. Cassandra rolled his eyes, cutting off the older Hunter.

"Whatever. And let's say they scalped Leticia's son and killed him," Cassandra continued.

"Mom catches 'em in the act, flips out, slices them and dices herself."

"If that's true, it means we've got three bloodthirsty brats in the building," Sam said.

"Yeah and Leticia was the only one keeping them under control," Dean finished. Cassandra scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest and shaking her head.

"Smooth move on our part," she muttered. Dean nodded, licking his lips. "Well we gotta get back to the cemetery, torch the kids' bones."

"How? We're trapped, we don't even have our guns! The ghosts are running this joint and they're only scared of one thing," Sam retorted. Cassandra stopped and looked up to Sam, her eyes lighting up in realization. She grinned.

    "Exactly. Stay here." Cassandra jogged over to the actress and grabbed her shoulder, catching her attention. She gasped and spun around, letting out a sigh of relief when she saw it was only the Nephilim. "We need your help."

"You want me to do what?" the actress shrieked.

"You're an actress. We just want you to act," Dean replied simply. The actress shook her head.

"I work at Hooters in Toledo. No, you can forget it," she snapped. Sam sighed, softening his gaze towards the woman.

"You'll be safe, we promise. This is really important," he told her.

Someone placed their hand on Dean's shoulder and he turned to see Demian and Barnes standing behind him, Demian's hand on him. Dean arched an eyebrow at the two larpers.

"We wanna help," Demian said. Dean turned to look at his brother, speaking in a hushed whisper.

"Just give her the puppy dog thing, okay?" He turned back to Demian and Barnes. "Guys, no."

"Why not?" Barnes protested.

"Cause this isn't make-believe," Cassandra chimed in softly, taking Dean's side. "If you get hurt then that's on us."

"Look, we know. We're not nuts. We're freakin' terrified," Demian exclaimed. Barnes nodded in agreement.

"Yeah but if all these people are seriously in trouble, we gotta do something."

"Why?"

"Because that's what Sam and Dean would do," Demian explained. Dean sighed and looked to Cassandra for her opinion. The blonde shrugged, sending Dean a small smile.

"He's right."

Dean nodded and placed a hand on her arm, staring her dead in the eyes. "Alright. You stay here with Chuck and make sure everything is okay in here. I'll go with the actress and find the boys. Sam and the other two will try and get to the cemetery," Dean told the Nephilim. She sighed but nodded, knowing that Dean wouldn't let her do much. "I know you want to help but your senses are still heightened and we can't take any risks."

"I know."

Dean smiled at her and pressed a kiss to her lips before nodding for Demian and Barnes to follow so they could repeat the plan to Sam and the actress. Cassandra sighed and crossed her arms over her chest, turning to watch Chuck answer questions.

~*~

    Chuck sat in a chair now, struggling to find something to talk about now that the fans had run out of questions. Cassandra let out a sigh and swung her leg over an empty chair off to the side, arching an eyebrow at Chuck.

"Let's see, what else? I fell in love for the first time at sixteen. Lost my virginity, actually." Becky glanced around awkwardly. "But then she went around telling everybody it didn't count. So that's kinda funny," he finished with a soft chuckle. Cassandra's and Chuck's eyes both widened when the hotel manager got up from his seat and started to head towards the door. Chuck jumped up from his own seat. "Excuse me! You really can't leave. Please, sir."

"Don't open that door!" Cassandra yelled, running over. The managed ignored her and tugged open the door, breaking the salt line. He went to walk out but jumped back when one of the little boys appeared, smirking with a knife in his grasp. The crowd all gasped and jumped to their feet, watching in fear as the boy slowly made his way into the room.

Chuck raced forward with an iron stand, swinging at the ghost. He disappeared into thin air and Chuck dropped the stand and slammed the door shut, pressing his back up against it.

"I said nobody leaves, damn it! Now somebody salt this door!" the Prophet ordered. Cassandra grabbed the can of salt that Dean had left for her, walking over to the door and giving Chuck a small smile of reassurance.

Becky watched Chuck with the same glint in her eye that she had whenever she saw Sam, and Cassandra had a feeling that Chuck might just get what he wanted after all.

~*~

    It was morning by the time Sam, Dean, and Cassandra were able to leave. Police cars littered the parking lot and Cassandra's gaze followed the paramedics as they wheeled the Hook Man's body out towards the ambulance. She let out a sigh and ran her hand through her hair. Someone innocent had died and she couldn't stop it.

"You know I gotta hand it to you guys," Dean said as he, Cassandra, Barnes, and Demian walked down the main steps of the hotel. "You really saved our asses back there. So, uh, you know, thanks." The group of four stood there for a moment, all staring back at each other. "Guys, I don't even know your names."

"Oh. Well, I'm Barnes. This is Demian. What's yours?" Barnes asked. Dean eyed them for a moment, debating if he should tell them the truth or not.

"Well, this is Cassy and I'm Dean. The real Dean."

Barnes and Demian stared back at him for a moment before bursting into laughter, earning an eyeroll from Cassandra.

"Ah, yeah right. Me, too!" Demian exclaimed sarcastically.

"Get the hell out of here, Dean!" Barnes chimed in. Dean seemed disappointed for a brief moment before smiling, snaking an arm around Cassandra's waist. She sunk into his touch, resting her head on his shoulder in fatigue and exhaustion.

"Well, anyway. Thanks. Really," Dean said. He and Cassandra started to walk away.

"You're wrong you know," Demian called out. Cassandra and Dean stopped, turning back to face the larper.

"Sorry?"

"About Supernatural. No offense but I'm not sure you get what the stories about," Demian said. Dean cocked his head to the side and scoffed, smirking slightly.

"Is that so?"

"All right. In real life—" Demian pointed to Barnes. "—he sells stereo equipment. I fix copiers. Our lives suck. But to be Sam and Dean, to wake up every morning and save the world. To have a brother who would die for you. Well who wouldn't want that?" Dean nodded, licking his lips. He could see the truth in their words and so could Cassandra.

"Maybe you got a point. You know, you two don't make a bad team yourselves. How do you know each other anyway?" Dean questioned. Barnes grinned.

"Oh. Well, we met online. Supernatural chat room." Dean nodded slowly.

"Oh. Well it must be nice to get out of your parent's basement. Make some friends," Dean said.

"We're more than friends," Demian told him. Cassandra watched as he and Barnes laced their hands together, Barnes resting his head on Demian's shoulder as they grinned at the couple in front of them. "We're partners."

Dean's eyebrows rose in shock and he nodded, unsure of how to react. Cassandra only smiled. She had a lot of gay friends over the years so it didn't come as a shock to her.

"Oh. Wow. Howdy partners," Dean said with a chuckle.

"Howdy."

    Cassandra and Dean walked away from the couple, Cassandra snickering at his reaction. He rolled his green eyes and nudged her, a small smile managing to find his lips. She sighed, shaking her head.

    "Well, the case is finished and we did agree to talk afterwards," Cassandra said as they stopped outside the Impala. Dean nodded and pulled away to look at the Nephilim directly. "What's going on with you? One moment you're throwing me to the ground or slamming me into a wall and the next you're kissing me and trying to keep me safe." Dean glanced away, licking his lips as he let out a huff. Cassandra furrowed her eyebrows and reached up, resting her hand on Dean's bicep. "You can talk to me, Dean. You know that." He nodded.

    "I know, Cassy, I know. I just...I don't know what's going on with me. It's like one moment I hated you—there's just something about you that keeps bringing me back." Dean placed his hands on her hips, pulling the blonde closer. "I'm sorry I've hurt you. I am. I know I said that Hunters can't have relationships but I want to try and have one with you." Cassandra hid any emotions that threatened to surface and only stared back at Dean blankly. This didn't seem to be Dean talking, but when she searched his eyes she realized that this really was Dean Winchester. He wasn't screwing around. "You're sticking around longer and that's a good thing. I don't want to continue fighting with you constantly, Princess. I want this to work," Dean told her.

    Cassandra sighed and nodded. "On one condition."

    "Anything."

    "Lose the nickname. 'Princess' doesn't suit me," she replied. Dean chuckled and shook his head, leaning down to kiss her.

    "Never." Cassandra pulled away and glanced towards the trees, shrugging.

    "Well, then I guess we can't be—" she started to tease before Dean spun them around, pressing her against the Impala. She let out a squeal and giggled against his lips, kissing him back. Her hand traveled up to his hair and she started to run her fingers through it, her blue eyes fluttering closed as she relaxed against him. Dean's fingers dug into her hips as he swiped his tongue across her lower lip as permission to take it farther.

    A man clearing his throat cut them off and they jumped away from each other, Cassandra glancing down at the pavement awkwardly. Dean arched an eyebrow at his brother who watched them with an amused smile.

    "Really, Sam?" Dean snapped. Sam chuckled and shook his head.

    "I see you guys made up. You okay now?" Dean nodded, scratching his chin.

"Yeah, you know? I think I'm good." Sam circled around the Impala, pulling open the passenger door.

"Well, you're not going to believe it, but I got a lead on the Colt," he said. Dean and Cassandra exchanged wide-eyed glances before looking back to Sam.

"What?" they chorused. Sam nodded.

"Long story, I'll tell you on the way?"

"What are we waiting for?" Dean asked, slipping into the driver's seat while Cassandra and Sam climbed into their respective seats. Sam chuckled and glanced at the flustered blonde in the back before looking back towards his brother.

"And afterwards you're telling me what happened between you two."

Dean chuckled and nodded, pulling out of the parking space and taking off down the road. "Deal. Now spill."

So Dessandra's finally happening! Only took a few tries and twenty-three chapters, but it's happening nonetheless! I, myself, am very excited to start writing more with their relationship. What about you guys? Do you ship Dean and Cassy?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.7K 576 21
Cassandra Winchester...or as she's most preferred as The Forgotten Winchester. She's Sam and Dean's little sister but the thing is, she's forgo...
1K 120 38
The government has a secret, they are the cause of the apocalypse of the dead. They wanted a weapon, something that no one would be able to beat. The...
52.7K 1.4K 48
[#143 Dean Winchester] [#169 Castiel] [#149 Sam Winchester] [Book 5 of 14] {Completed} Charity just smiled at his question, "You people misunderstand...
1K 148 66
Jessica Coleman used to have a normal life. She went to work and lived with her best friend Rachel...life seems pretty okay until Jessica was thrown...