Monster (A Supernatural Fanfi...

By musicdreams31

"Maybe you are a monster, but so am I and so is Dean. Maybe every human or every living being is a monster. B... More

Introduction and Copyright
Cast
Chapter 1: Night Moves and Piles of Hell
Chapter 2: "This is the world's most dangerous Nephilim?"
Chapter 3: It's Castiel, not Cassiel
Chapter 4: Archangels, Biscuits, and Broken Windows
Chapter 5: 4.20.1 The Rapture
Chapter 6: 4.20.2 The Rapture
Chapter 7: Angels, Demons, and Nephilims, oh my!
Chapter 8: "I'm gonna ruin this small moment we're having."
Chapter 9: 4.22.1 Lucifer Rising
Chapter 10: 4.22.2 Lucifer Rising
Chapter 11: 5.1.1 Sympathy for the Devil
Chapter 12: 5.1.2 Sympathy for the Devil
Chapter 13: "Of course it's Lucifer. It's always Lucifer."
Chapter 14: 5.4.1 The End
Chapter 15: 5.4.2 The End
Chapter 16: Drunken Pancakes
Chapter 17: 5.6.1 I Believe the Children are Our Future
Chapter 18: 5.6.2 I Believe the Children are Our Future
Chapter 19: "How do you handle a drunk woman?"
Chapter 20: "Wow. You really are a bitch."
Chapter 21: Heaven on Earth
Chapter 23: 5.9.2 The Real Ghostbusters
Chapter 24: "The therapist and the alcoholic."
Chapter 25: 5.10.1 Abandon All Hope
Chapter 26: 5.10.2 Abandon All Hope
Chapter 27: Coffee Kisses
Chapter 28: 5.13.1 The Song Remains the Same
Chapter 29: 5.13.1 The Song Remains the Same
Chapter 30: Broken Promises and Birthday Wishes
Chapter 31: Heaven Help Us All
Chapter 32: 5.16.1 Dark Side of the Moon
Chapter 33: 5.16.2 Dark Side of the Moon
Chapter 34: "You can't leave me here forever."
Chapter 35: "God, please....just kill me already."
Chapter 36: 5.18.1 Point of No Return
Chapter 37: These Are The Lies
Chapter 38: 5.21.1 Two Minutes to Midnight
Chapter 39: 5.21.2 Two Minutes to Midnight
Chapter 40: 5.22.1 Swan Song
Chapter 41: 5.22.2 Swan Song
MONSTER One-Shot
MONSTER One-Shot: Djinn
DECEPTION
Why I made Cassandra Moore as she is
Deception is up!
Wattys 2018
Instagram
SUPER IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!! AHHHHH!!
Published Novel

Chapter 22: 5.9.1 The Real Ghostbusters

5.1K 169 76
By musicdreams31

I'm in a very good mood because it's 58°F here in south Florida this morning and I love the cold and this rarely happens so here's an extra update since this cold is so amazing

Vermilion, Ohio

Cassandra suddenly appeared in the backseat of the Impala, her duffel bag landing next to her. She grinned at the boys. "Hey, guys." Dean jumped and the car swerved slightly, Cassandra's hand shooting out to keep herself from slamming into the door. Sam gasped and spun around in his seat to see the blonde staring back at them with wide eyes. Dean grumbled a few curse words and glanced back at the Nephilim in the rearview mirror.

"Who took you?" were the first words out of his mouth.

"Michael." She stopped, nodding her head to the side. "Well, it was Raphael but Michael was the one behind it. He was making me an offer." Sam raised his eyebrows, gesturing for her to continue. Cassandra rolled her eyes at the Hunter. "I declined, chill. I swear, he pegs me as an idiot." She cleared her throat. "So...where are we headed?"

"Chuck texted. Said it was urgent and that we needed to haul ass to the Pineview Hotel in Vermilion, Ohio," Sam explained. Cassandra nodded slowly and her gaze drifted between to the two Hunters before landing on Dean.

"Do you have my angel blade? I couldn't find it in the mansion." Dean nodded and dug through his jacket before pulling out the silver blade, the metal sparkling in the light. He handed it to the Nephilim in the backseat and she sent him a grateful smile before slipping it in her leather jacket. "How far are we?"

"Pulling in...now," Dean told her, making a sharp right turn into a parking light. They passed a wooden sign that welcomed them to the hotel and Dean skidded to a halt in a random parking space, the two Hunters and Nephilim practically throwing themselves out of the Impala. Cassandra slammed her door shut and pulled out the angel blade, ready to stab any threat to them.

Dean stopped at the sight of a line of four nineteen-sixty-seven Chevy Impalas, one parked next to the other. Cassandra slowed slightly but grabbed onto Dean's arm. "Hey. Come on," she ushered, nodding her head towards the hotel. Dean nodded and followed after the blonde and his gaze briefly drifted to her ass before focusing on the hotel. Now wasn't the time.

Chuck Shurley paced back and forth at the bottom of the steps leading up to the hotel, almost as if he were nervous. Cassandra, Sam, and Dean all stopped abruptly at the sight of Chuck. "Chuck! There you are," Sam exclaimed. Chuck quit pacing and looked up to the trio with wide eyes.

"Guys?" he questioned.

"What's going on?" Cassandra demanded. Chuck shrugged, still staring up at them in shock.

"Ah, nothing. You know, I'm just kinda hanging. What are you guys doing here?" Dean and Cassandra exchanged confused glances before looking back to the Prophet. As far as Cassandra was informed, Chuck knew of their arrival. He was aware that they were supposed to be coming, as requested.

"You told us to come," Dean replied as if it were obvious. Chuck hesitated slightly before shaking his head.

"Ah, no I didn't."

"Yeah you did, you texted me," Sam argued. "This address, life or death situation. Any of this ringing a bell?" Chuck shook his head again, glancing between the trio before his gaze fell to the angel blade in Cassandra's grasp. He gulped and looked back up to the Hunters.

"I didn't send you a text."

"We drove all night!" Dean yelled.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand what could—" Realization hit and Chuck's face fell from confusion to what seemed to be worry and fear. "Oh no."

"What?"

Chuck opened his mouth to reply but a high pitched squeal from the top of the steps cut him off. Cassandra cried out and covered her ears, the squeal ringing in her ears thanks to her heightened senses. Chuck sent her an apologetic look and she turned to glare at the fake blonde staring at Sam in awe. Cassandra's eyes widened. Oh hell no.

"Sam! You made it!" She rushed down the steps, stopping just barely a foot in front of him. Cassandra's ears continued to ring and she lost her footing briefly, stumbling into Dean. He caught her, frowning down at her. Heaven had really taken a toll on her senses.

"Oh, ah, Becky, right?" Sam questioned. Becky grinned, bouncing on the balls of her feet.

"Oh, you remembered." She suddenly lowered her voice, gazing up at Sam lovingly. If you asked Cassandra she'd tell you that it was more creepy than loving. Becky's grey eyes gave her the creeps. "You been thinking about me."

"I..." Sam stumbled over his words, struggling to come up with a reply. Cassandra raised her eyebrows, completely oblivious to the fact that Dean's arms were still wrapped around her torso despite the fact that she had regained her balance and composure almost immediately.

"It's okay, I can't get you out of my head either," Becky admitted with a slight giggle. Chuck leaned forward slightly, lowering his voice.

"Becky, did you take my phone?" he asked. Becky's smile fell and she turned to face the Prophet innocently. Sam turned to say something to Cassandra but stopped upon seeing the position she and Dean were in. He quickly decided against it and instead returned his attention to the Prophet and the fangirl.

"I just borrowed it from your pants," Beck told him. Chuck sighed.

"Becky..."

"What? They're going to want to see it!" she exclaimed.

"See what?" Sam, Dean, and Cassandra chorused. Becky whipped her head back around to look at them with wide eyes, squealing. Cassandra's hands flew up to her ears and she cringed, doubling over in pain. It was like a hangover. She assumed that it was a little 'fuck you' gift left by Michael.

"Oh my God. I love it when they talk at the same time!" Becky yelled. She looked to Cassandra and frowned at her. "Except her. I don't even know who you are." Cassandra glanced up at her, still bent over in pain, and scowled. She sunk down to her knees on the pavement, Becky's screech and voice bouncing off of the insides of her skull. Dean went down with her, Sam watching with what seemed to be an amused smile. Chuck just sighed and shook his head.

"God, make her shut up!" Cassandra yelled out. Becky huffed and crossed her arms over her chest, rolling her eyes at the Nephilim. Dean frowned, watching—with his arms still wrapped around her—as Cassandra slowly pulled her hands from ears. "Becky, do not utter a single syllable with me around until I say so or I will punch you." Sam snorted. Dean helped the blonde to her feet just as an overweight man appeared at the top of the stairs with a clipboard in hand.

"Hey, Chuck? Come on pal, it's showtime," he called out. Thankfully he was too far to affect Cassandra's hearing. Becky rushed up the stairs excitedly as Chuck turned to Dean and Sam, a sorrowful look on his face.

"Guys, I'm sorry. For everything." He groaned as he headed up the steps and Sam, Dean, and Cassandra all exchanged glances before following after him. Dean released the blonde and she stepped to the side so that she stood between the two men. They followed Chuck into the building, glancing around warily.

Cassandra, Dean, and Sam all stopped as a bigger man walked by, dressed identical to the older Hunter. Cassandra eyed the amulet around his neck. It was exactly the same. "Ha-ha-ha. Hey Dean, looking good," the man complimented.

"Who the hell are you?" Dean demanded. The man turned towards Dean as if it were obvious, holding his arms out to show him. Cassandra cringed at the smell of the beer in his hand. She despised the stench of alcohol.

"I'm Dean, too. Duh." Dean turned to Sam, confusion clear across his face. He looked down at Cassandra who only shrugged. Over Sam's shoulder Dean spotted a man dressed as the scarecrow they had defeated just four years earlier. Sam turned, following his gaze. His eyes widened.

"Uh-oh. It's Sam and Dean. I'm in trouble now," the man in the costume said. He had a can of soda in one hand, a scythe in the other. Cassandra slowly slid her angel blade in the back waistband of her jeans after realizing they weren't in any true danger. "Have fun you two. Aaaah!" He jiggled the scythe in Sam's face then walked away. Sam gazed after the man with a major bitch-face before Dean turned to his brother, ignoring Becky's giggles.

"What?" Dean questioned. The trio glanced around the room. Cassandra's eyes skimmed over a woman dressed as Bloody Mary and to a clown before her gaze landed on a vendor with black demon eyes. She knew they were fake considering she could see the man's soul and not a horribly disfigured face. He stood behind a table littered with merchandise. Coffee mugs with Impalas printed on them, a pile of Chuck's books, and anything else that was remotely related to the book series.

"Becky. what is this?" Sam asked. Becky grinned.

"It's awesome!" she sang. "A 'Supernatural' convention, the first ever." Dean's eyes landed on a man with yellow-demon eyes and he raised his eyebrows. Cassandra's breath shook at the sight. Were those really the eyes Jess had last stared into before she died? Cassandra glanced over to Sam who seemed to read her thoughts and nodded.

After Becky ushered Sam and Dean into the main room, Cassandra following, they all stood in the back behind the rows of chairs, not even filled halfway. At least the books weren't popular. Cassandra sighed and rested all of her weight on one leg, her hip jutted out slightly as she crossed her arms over her chest. She watched the overweight man from earlier race up the steps and lean down towards the microphone.

"Welcome to the first annual Supernatural convention. At three-forty-five in the Magnolia room we have the panel, 'Frightened little boy, the secret life of Dean'." Cassandra's eyebrows rose. "And at four-thirty there's the 'Homoerotic subtext of Supernatural'." Dean's eyebrows also rose and his mouth fell agape, his head tilted forward slightly in shock. Sam furrowed his eyebrows, oblivious to the creepy stares that Becky was giving him. Cassandra only stared back at the man on the stage blankly. "Oh, and of course the big hunt starts at seven pm sharp," he added.

Cheers and applause erupted from the audience and Cassandra pressed her hands to her ears, bending over slightly. Dean grabbed her shoulder to keep her from falling into the chairs and she sent him a thankful smile. She just hoped this Heavenly Hangover would fade soon.

"But right now, right now I'd like to introduce the man himself. The creator, the writer of the supernatural books. The one, the only, Carver Edlund!" Whistles screeched in Cassandra's ears and her cries were drowned out by the applause. Dean and Sam were surprised that the lights never flickered by her cries of pain, but they were thankful for that considering everyone would probably start throwing salt everywhere.

Sam and Dean's faces were expressionless as they watched Chuck timidly walk onto the stage from behind the curtains. He sent Cassandra a sympathetic glance as she straightened up but she just nodded, assuring him that she was okay. Dean wrapped an arm around her shoulders. This action didn't go unnoticed by the Nephilim, but she decided against saying anything.

Chuck tapped on the microphone and there was a sharp feedback. Cassandra clenched her eyes shut and tried to block it out. "Uh. Okay good, this isn't nearly as awkward as I—" He cleared his throat. "Dry mouth." Chuck cleared his throat again and reached over for a bottle of water, unscrewing the cap and taking long gulps from the bottle. The room was in total silence and Cassandra could hear the water flooding from the bottle into Chuck's mouth without her heightened senses. Everyone in the room, save for the trio, stared back at Chuck as if he were God. "Okay. Uh...ahem. So I guess...questions?" Suddenly every hand in the room shot up and Chuck startled slightly. Cassandra's eyebrows rose and she leaned over to Dean.

"Are the books even good?" she whispered. Dean shook his head.

"Not at all. Not worth the read," he muttered back. She nodded slowly and closed her eyes, letting a sigh out of her nose. Her head still pounded and she cursed Michael out in her mind. Dean glanced down at the blonde. "You okay?" She nodded, licking her lips, but never opened her eyes.

"Mm," she hummed, resting her head on his shoulder tiredly. The migraine was wearing her out.

"Uh....you?" Chuck pointed a skinny, lanky-looking man in the front row. He leaped up, grinning.

"Hey, Mr Edlund. Uh...big fan. I was just wondering, where'd you come up with Sam and Dean in the first place?" the fan questioned. Chuck glanced back at Sam and Dean who cocked their heads to the side, Dean's lips pursed, in interest as to what his answer would be. Chuck shrugged.

"Oh, ah, I...it just came to me." Dean tilted his head back, not really believing him, before every hand shot into the air again. "Okay. Yeah. The hook man." The Hook Man stood up.

"Ah yeah." His German accent was thick, briefly reminding Cassandra of all the thick country accents back in Tennessee. In all her eight years there she had never developed an accent and she started to wonder why. "Why in every fight scene, Sam and Dean are having their gun knocked away by the bad guy? Why don't they keep it on some kind of bungee?" Sam looked interested but Dean only seemed pissed. Cassandra was blocking out the question completely.

"I...yeah, I really don't know."

"Ja, follow up. Why can't Sam and Dean be telling that Ruby is evil? I mean she is clearly manipulating Sam into some kind of moral lapse. It's obvious, nein?" Now Sam seemed to be majorly pissed and Dean turned to Sam, a thoughtful expression crossing his face. Cassandra's eyes fluttered open and she stared at Sam with raised eyebrows. Becky's fists clenched at her sides as she glared at the back of Hook Man's head before walking along the aisle, storming with rage.

"Hey! If you don't like the books don't read em Fritz," she yelled.

"Okay, okay, just..okay, it's okay," Chuck assured her. "So, next question." Hands shot up again and Chuck pointed to a regularly-dressed man in the middle. "Yeah, you." The fan stood up.

"Yeah, at the end of the last book, Dean goes to hell. So, what happens next?"

"Oh. Well there lies an announcement, actually. You're all going to find out." Sam and Dean eyed the author suspiciously and Chuck caught their looks. "Thanks to a wealthy Scandinavian investor, we're going to start publishing again," he announced. The room erupted into yells and cheers and people lept up from their seats. Becky jumped up and down screaming. Cassandra ducked out from under Dean's grasp and rushed out the doors of the room, holding her ears in pain.

Dean and Sam exchanged glances before Dean raced out after the blonde, finding her sitting down in one of the blue plush chairs leaning forward. He frowned and jogged over to her, crouching down in front of her.

"Why is your hearing acting up?" Dean asked softly, careful not to speak too loud. Cassandra shrugged and shook her head.

"I think it was Michael. I think he did something to me before sending me back to the mansion," Cassandra replied before a whimper escaped past her blood red lips. Dean sighed and glanced around, sending a small wave and smile towards the bartender who eyed them warily. He looked back to Cassandra.

"Is there any way to, like, uh, turn off your heightened hearing?" She shrugged. "Alright. We'll just keep you out of everything until then." Cassandra nodded and leaned back in her seat, pulling her hands from her ears. It wasn't as bad now but she still felt as if her head would explode. "What did Michael offer you?" Her gaze snapped up to the Hunter.

"What?"

"You said that Michael made you an offer if you took Heaven's side. What was it?"

"Does it really matter?" Dean nodded, earning a sigh. "They found a way to get my degree from UT. I'm officially a therapist now." Dean smiled warmly at her. In all honesty he was proud. He knew she worked her ass off for years to get that degree and he and Sam had taken it away from her. "And he said that if I got you to say yes to him and we helped defeat Lucifer then he'd give me back my normal life. No angel Grace, no demons, no winged douchebags. Just me, my job, a husband, a dog, and a couple of kids. I'd live like that until we grew old and passed and once I was in Heaven I'd resume my duty as his daughter," Cassandra explained. Dean stared up at her in shock.

"Why'd you say no? That's all you've ever wanted, Cassy." She nodded.

"I—I know, Dean, I know. But it was all just a play to manipulate me. It would continue the Winchester bloodline and he'd have a vessel for generations." Dean shook his head, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I don't understand."

"Dean, the life he was talking about, it's you and me together. He'd fix you up after wearing you and get us out of hunting for good. He said that it's you I desire; that it's practically our destiny to be together. I don't understand what he was talking about, though. Neither of us feel anything for each other," Cassandra said. Dean cleared his throat and nodded, leaning back to sit on the table in front of the blonde.

"Yeah. Weird." Cassandra furrowed her eyebrows, eyeing him warily. She could tell he was lying and Dean knew it. "Come on, Cassy. It's Michael. He'd say anything to get us on his side." She nodded slowly.

"Yeah."

"So don't worry. We don't have to go through all of that again if a relationship didn't work out. I don't have an interest in pursuing one," Dean lied with a small chuckle.

"Me, too," Cassandra agreed. Dean nodded, holding his hands out before letting them fall back into his lap.

"Good. Glad that's established." The two sat in an awkward silence, the tension so thick not even an angel blade could slice through it. They were both lying and they knew it. Cassandra wished to give him another chance but it just wasn't the right moment. They were too busy with Lucifer. Besides, she had no idea how the last few days had played out for Sam and Dean. For all she knew Dean could've slept with five different women and forgotten about her completely. If only she knew that Dean had been worried about her the whole time they were in TV Land.

~*~

Chuck timidly made his way towards the circle of blue plush chairs that Dean and Cassandra had once been sitting in, two yellow drinks in his hand with a slice of lemon on the rims of the glasses and a straw in each glass.

"I got you a yellow-eyed cooler," he told Becky, sitting down next to the fangirl and handing her a glass. She smiled, graciously taking the glass from his grasp.

"Thanks, Chuck."

Chuck nodded, smiling back at her.

"Sure. So, Becky...I was wondering...uh...are you doing any—" Chuck and Becky's attention were cut off by the appearance of Sam Winchester approaching the two, Becky's eyes lighting up at the sight. Cassandra and Dean lingered behind the younger Hunter, Dean's arm wrapped around the blonde's waist.

"Oh, hi, Sam!" Becky exclaimed. Sam nodded at the girl distractedly, earning a sigh of disappointment from Chuck. Cassandra frowned at him.

"Excuse us," Dean told Becky. He turned to Chuck. "In case you haven't noticed, our plates are kind of full, ok? Finding the Colt, hunting the devil. We don't have time for this crap," he yelled. Becky smirked up at Sam, almost as if she were trying to flirt with him through only expressions. Sam cleared his throat awkwardly, desperately trying not to notice. Cassandra bit back a chuckle.

"Hey, I didn't call you!" Chuck defended.

"He means the books, Chuck. Why are you publishing more books?" Sam clarified. Chuck stared up at them as if it were obvious.

"Um...for food and shelter?"

Dean glanced around before leaning towards Chuck, lowering his voice. Cassandra could see the anger in his green eyes and she looked around uneasily, hoping he wouldn't cause a scene. That was the last thing they needed.

"Who gave you the rights to our life story?" Dean growled.

"An Archangel, and I didn't want it!"

"Well, deal's off, okay? No more books. Our lives are not for—" Sam glanced at Becky briefly. "—public consumption." Sam looked back to Becky who slowly turned towards Chuck, waiting for him to reply. Chuck glanced over to the fangirl.

"Ah..Becky. Would you excuse us for just a second?"

Becky nodded quickly and eagerly with wide eyes.

"Uh-huh!"

Dean turned towards the blonde Nephilim standing next to him. He cleared his throat and scratched his upper lip. "Cassy, why don't you stay here with Becky?" She stared back at him in disbelief. "I have a feeling there will be a lot of yelling and your hearing is still sensitive," he told her. Cassandra's lips parted slightly and she looked towards Becky who grinned up at her. She looked back to the Hunter.

"Oh, you owe me, Winchester."

Cassandra and Becky watched as the three men retreated into an empty, open room, leaving the two women alone. Cassandra slowly lowered herself into the chair that Chuck had been sitting in, her gaze shifting around the room as she prayed that Becky wouldn't say anything to her. Her prayers were ignored. It seems the angels wanted her to suffer.

"I never got your name." Cassandra turned towards the fangirl and forced a smile on her lips.

"Cassandra Moore." Becky cocked her head to the side, studying the Nephilim in curiosity. Cassandra sighed and rolled her eyes. "Yes, Jess' older sister." Becky's eyes widened and she started to squeal. Cassandra's hands quickly flew up to cover her ears and the woman next to her sent her an apologetic glance.

"I'm sorry," she said quietly. Cassandra winced and nodded, pulling her hands from her ears. "It's just so cool to meet you. I know you weren't mentioned in any of the books but the fact that you exist is amazing." Becky looked around before leaning towards the Nephilim. "So are you and Dean, like, a thing?"

"Uh, no. Not really." Becky frowned slightly.

"That sucks. We could've gone on double dates." Cassandra opened her mouth to reply but decided against it. She had a feeling that the last thing she should do is get on Becky's bad side. Becky stopped, her eyes widening in realization. "Wait. 'Not really'? Does that mean you guys....y'know?" Cassandra cleared her throat.

"We've kissed but that's it."

"Is he a good kisser?"

Cassandra scratched the back of her head and shrugged, smiling sheepishly.

"I don't really have anyone to compare him to. Relationships and such were never really my thing." Becky nodded in understanding. The Nephilim had a feeling that Becky hadn't actually kissed anyone before. She was probably as virgin as they get, not that Cassandra could judge her for that. She was basically the same way. "But I suppose he's a good kisser, yeah." Becky grinned, bouncing slightly in her seat.

"Cassandra Winchester," she said, testing the name on her lips. "I love it. I hope Chuck adds you in the books. You seem nice." Cassandra covered her laugh with a cough. This girl had no idea what Cassandra could turn into when pissed off. "Dean's totally into you. I say you two just go for it despite the Hunter rules."

"Well, I wouldn't say he's into me. He just likes my body," the blonde told her. Becky giggled and shook her head.

"No, Cassandra, he's totally into you. He won't admit it if he's anything like he is in the books, but I saw the way he treats you. He was worried about you. He'd never hurt you." Cassandra's mouth went dry and she managed a small smile. If only Becky knew just how bad Dean had been to her before. The Nephilim knew her attraction to Dean wasn't healthy but she couldn't help it. There was just something about him that she couldn't let go. "So what do you think of the convention so far?"

Cassandra shrugged and opened her mouth but was cut off by a woman's scream. Her eyes widened and she jumped out of her seat, following the sound of the scream up the stairs. Becky chased after her, grinning, as she knew what was really going on.

~*~

Cassandra, Dean, and Sam all sat at the bar, Dean with an empty shot glass placed in front of him. He glanced over at the blonde who stared straight ahead, lost in thought as she tapped her index finger on the bartop with her chin resting in her other hand. He frowned slightly at her tense posture and reached over to place a hand on her shoulder when she jumped, turning to look at him with wide eyes.

"You okay, Princess?" he asked softly, staring at her with worried eyes. She let out a small breath and nodded. "You're tense. You jumped when I barely touched you." Cassandra chuckled softly.

"Many guys have hit on me tonight and some have gotten pretty handsy. I guess it just makes me a bit uneasy," she admitted. Dean glanced around him before leaning towards the blonde with a small smirk on his lips.

"Do I need to beat anyone's ass for you?" Cassandra smiled tiredly and shook her head.

"I can handle myself around a bunch of lifeless geeks cosplaying as you and Sam." Dean nodded and glanced down at his empty shot glass before looking back towards the blonde next to him. She furrowed her eyebrows, noticing how silent he had fallen. "Are you alright?" Dean sighed and looked up to her, shrugging.

"Same as always." Dean flashed her a smile but Cassandra wasn't convinced. She knew when people were lying and she knew when Dean was lying specifically. She reached forward, placing her hand on his as she stared up at him.

"What's wrong, Dean?" she asked softly. Dean frowned and glanced around, shaking his head. Cassandra wasn't someone he wanted to throw his problems on. She had enough. "Talk to me. What's up?"

Sam turned and glanced over at the two with curiosity. He was wondering if either of them would act on their feelings or simply continuing to ignore them.

Dean ran his free hand through his hair before leaning forward, placing his lips on Cassandra's. She tensed for a moment in shock before kissing the Hunter back, letting her blue eyes flutter closed as she sunk into the kiss.

Sam smiled down at the bartop, glad that they finally pushed their egos aside. They needed each other more than they thought.

Dean's hand traveled up to the back of her neck, pulling her closer to him. Suddenly, as if realization of what was happening alerted her brain, Cassandra pulled away, her breath hitching in her throat as she rested her forehead against Dean's. He chuckled softly and shook his head slightly. Cassandra let out a quiet giggle before sighing.

"That was totally the alcohol in you...and me," she muttered. Dean hummed in disagreeance.

"Mm, that was all me. The alcohol may have just given me a little push in the right direction," he told her. Dean felt her breathing stop and opened his eyes to see her staring at him in shock. She pulled away, her gaze locked on Dean mutely. She opened her mouth to reply but closed it, unsure of what she could possibly say. "Cassy, you act like you're oblivious to the way I act around you but I know you see it."

"I—I thought I was just imagining things," Cassandra said. Dean furrowed his eyebrows. "The way our relationship has been since the beginning—I figured it was just me imagining things; Michael getting in my head. I never thought—" The Nephilim was cut off by a man running into the main room, grabbing her attention. Dean turned and followed her gaze to a young man dressed as Sam, practically yelling at his friend.

"For the last time I'm not making this up, okay? She's upstairs, a real live dead ghost," he yelled. Dean and Cassandra exchanged glances before jumping out of their chairs and making their way over to them, Sam quickly following behind.

"I'm sure it was just one of the ghost actors," the man's friend reasoned.

"Who beat the hell out of me and then vanished?"

"You saw something?" Sam questioned. The man—Alex—turned towards Sam and glared at him.

"This isn't part of the game, jerk," Alex spat. He turned back to his friend. "Look, I'm getting out of here and you should do the same." Alex walked away, shoving past the trio of Hunters who watched him go. His friend started to chase after him.

"What do you think?" Sam asked. Cassandra glanced over to the taller Hunter, arching an eyebrow.

"I don't think that guy's a good enough an actor to be acting," she replied. Cassandra turned to Dean, catching his gaze. He glanced down at her, furrowing his eyebrows. "We're talking once this is over," she told him softly. Dean nodded, licking his lips. He knew this would happen the moment he kissed her. He was okay with it.

The trio made their way to the lobby of the hotel, ignoring the group of larpers surrounding the heavy man from earlier in the convention. They made their way straight towards the front desk to approach the manager.

"Excuse us; mind if we ask you a few questions?" Dean asked. The manager glanced up and rolled his eyes.

"Look, I don't have time to play Star Wars, guys. Go ask the guy in the ascot," he replied. Dean pulled a fifty dollar bill from his wallet and slid it across the desk towards the manager.

"Actually we, uh, really want to talk to you." The managed took the bill and shoved it in his pocket. He laughed.

"Okay. You guys are really into this." Cassandra scoffed, shaking her head.

"You have no idea," she said. The managed cleared his throat.

"What do you want to know?"

"All this stuff they're saying—this place being haunted. Leticia Gore. Any truth to it?" the blonde asked.

"We generally don't like to publicise this to...normal people, but yeah. Nineteen-oh-nine this place was called 'Gore Orphanage'. Miss Gore killed four boys with a butcher knife then offed herself," he explained. Dean leaned forward slightly.

"And is tonight really her anniversary?" the Hunter asked. The hotel manager nodded and licked his lips.

"Yep, guess your convention folks want authenticity."

Behind the trio, two larpers from earlier slowed to a stop and exchanged glances, listening in. Cassandra sensed a lingering presence behind her but she had just chalked it up to some random geek checking her out.

"There been any sightings?" Sam asked. The manager nodded again.

"Yep, over the years. A few maids have quit saying they heard the boys or saw them. A janitor even saw Miss Gore once."

"Where did Miss Gore carve up the kids?"

"Look, I don't want you stomping all over the joint. A lot of this place is off limits to nerds." Dean rolled his eyes at his words and slid another fifty-dollar bill towards the manager. He smirked and plucked the bill from the counter, stuffing it in his pocket. "The attic," he said softly. Cassandra sent him a thankful smile before the trio turned and left, Dean's arm snaking around her waist.

So what do you think of Dean and Cassandra so far? They finally kissed and might decide to give their relationship a try. And Sam's reaction! He totally ships it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270 6 23
This world is a lot more freaky than we think. There are things watching from every direction possible and countless creatures lurking in the shadows...
62.1K 1.5K 44
[Book 4 of 14] {Completed} "Dean is alive." They were only three words. Three simple words, but the effect they had on her was anything, but simple...
3.9K 171 26
In this rewrite of CW's hit TV Show 'Supernatural'. Y/N L/N is a longtime friend of the notorious Winchester Brothers, coming from a long line of hu...
326K 10.3K 19
[ COMPLETED IN 2015 - UNDERGOING EDITING IN 2020 ] ❝Who the hell are you two? Coming in here guns blazing. This isn't Texas.❞ ❝I'm Dean Winchester. T...