Out Of My League (NOT COMPLET...

By chloehannah357

Just an everyday girl starting at a normal university... All she wants to do is focus on her studies and grad... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: first day at university
Chapter 2: my first lesson
Chapter 3: should I go?
Chapter 4: the beach
Chapter 5: "we all prefer you to Jasmine"
Chapter 6: I've got my shades on, like I'm rocking Barbados
Chapter 7: "I'm getting too close to you and I can't"
Chapter 8: "he so has a crush on you"
Chapter 9: talking to Rachel
Chapter 10: Beach, Brad, Brighton
Chapter 11: "you..."
Chapter 12: Doesn't get much better than this
Chapter 13: wake up
Chapter 14: band name ideas
Chapter 15: "you better treat him right"
Chapter 16: the text message
Chapter 18: the party
Chapter 19: broken trust
Chapter 20: "help me look after my sister?"
Chapter 21: a different point of view
Chapter 22: vegas girl
Chapter 23: don't tell me you don't want me, cos i know it's a lie
Chapter 24: the last day of term
Chapter 25: taking Brad home
Chapter 26: teddy bears picnic
Chapter 27: "I like Brad..."
Chapter 28: "you're so perfect"
Chapter 29: a few seconds of silence
Chapter 30: running hands through hair
Chapter 31: I was going to say yes...
Chapter 32: I've been up all night, no sleep...
Chapter 33: date night
Chapter 34: let's go back to my place
Chapter 35: wearing his clothes
Chapter 36: YouTube views
Chapter 37: "where's Hayley?"
Chapter 38: fear of rides
Chapter 39: texting
Chapter 40: hospitalized
Chapter 41: the new girl
Chapter 42: movie night?
Chapter 43: pouring water
Chapter 44: Harvester
Chapter 45: Sophie is back
Chapter 46: "I'm sorry for kissing her"
Chapter 47: a new cover
Chapter 48: never leave me
Chapter 49: naps
Chapter 50: behind my back
Chapter 51: the truth about James
Chapter 52: awkward situation
Chapter 53: some weird phase
Chapter 54: confessions
Chapter 55: cheeky
Chapter 56: don't tell me you don't want me...
Chapter 57: trust
Chapter 58: all the time in the world
Chapter 59: stay
Update

Chapter 17: 'first date'

226 2 0
By chloehannah357

A few more weeks went buy of me and Brad hanging out together, as every day passed we became closer and closer as friends which I was liking and he had started to give me a lot more hugs which is a bonus. We have been working together in our lessons regularly which I am liking and the boys are planning on releasing their first cover on YouTube very soon. Today he is treating me to lunch at a cute little cafe down by the beach and I am more than excited, he said to treat this as a date if I wanted to and I feel like this would be a good place to start getting to know him a bit better than just friends. By no means do I want to come out of the date and be in a relationship with him as I am still not ready for all of that, but maybe it's time to try out dating and see where it goes? It could end up better than I expected.

I decided to go with something casual but also something that shows off my personality, the dress that I wore to Pizza Express was nice but it wasn't me. I put on some black jeans, a white crop top, a denim jacket and some black boots before curling my hair so it sat all wavy on my shoulders and then adding a little bit of mascara and blush. I don't normally wear make up as you know but I thought I would make an effort for the occasion. Once I had got dressed I looked at the time to see it was 1pm, I have literally spent all day in bed with my laptop as I am still making some new music for my university course. I grabbed my bag and put my phone and other bits in it before collecting my key and walking out the door, Rachel will be back later as she is currently in a lesson.

I waited outside the recording studio for Brad as this spot has become the little meeting place for me and the boys, I quite like that though. I stood there for about 5 minutes before I saw Brad running over to me, he stopped in front of me all out of breath and I giggled. "I'm sorry I'm late, I over slept." Brad said and I smiled. "It's fine, I over sleep all the time as you know." I replied and he nodded as he calmed his breathing down. "How are you this afternoon?" He asked and looked at me. "I'm good thank you, how are you?" I asked and he smiled. "Great now I'm with you." He said and I smiled which made him smile in return. "Are you ready to go to lunch?" He asked and I nodded before he held out his hand for me to take, I accepted his gesture and held his hand before we started to walk to the cafe. "You look very nice today by the way, I like what you have done to your hair." Brad explained and I blushed a little. "Thank you, I just curled it." I replied and he nodded. "I like it." He continued. "Thanks." I commented and he smiled. "So, is this a date then?" He asked as we crossed a few roads and I saw the sea appear in front of me. "If you want it to be." I replied. "I don't want to rush you into anything, if you're comfortable with this being a date then so am I." Brad said and I nodded. "I am." I replied and he smiled. "So I get to pay for your meal?" He asked and winked which made me giggle. "I can pay for mine, it's fine." I replied and he shook his head as we walked along a few restaurants. "I'm paying, end of." He replied and I just smiled.

We eventually reached the cafe and Brad explained that he had reserved a table to the waiter, he gave her his name and she took us to our table which was by a little window. "We have the sea view!" I said and Brad pulled my chair out so I could sit down. "Thank you." I shyly replied and he smiled. "My pleasure." He commented and then sat down for himself, I took the menu from the waiter and then she walked off. "What are you fancying?" Brad asked as we opened the menus up. "I fancy a chocolate milkshake!" I replied and he giggled. "Go for it! I might get a strawberry milkshake." Brad explained and I nodded. "Erm, excuse me. Sorry to interrupt but there is a table outside if you would prefer a better view of the beach." The waiter asked and I looked at Brad. "Yeah, sure!" Brad replied, we both carried our menus to the table outside and then sat down to see we were sat in a little area with flowers around us and the beach in the distance. "Thank you." Brad replied to the waiter and I smiled. "Would you like to order your drinks?" The lady asked and we both nodded. "One chocolate and one strawberry milkshake please." Brad asked and she nodded before walking away.

"This is really nice." I said as I looked out at the view, Brad reached across the table and held my hand which made me smile. "You are so beautiful." Brad commented and I looked down at my menu in embarrassment. "Don't be shy." He said and I smiled a little. "You're really handsome." I quietly replied and he smiled.

Today he is wearing a black and white stripy T-shirt with a brownish jacket and some black jeans, but no matter what he wears he always looks good so there isn't much need to describe his outfit. "Thank you." He replied and smiled back. "How is your song writing going?" He asked as he looked out at the view. "Not too bad thank you, it's just stressful trying to find the lyrics." I said and Brad nodded. "I know what you mean." He replied and I smiled. "How is the band going?" I asked and Brad giggled a little. "Not too bad, I think we are planning on having our first cover up on YouTube by the end of this week." Brad explained. "What song are you thinking of doing?" I asked. "Well we voted on a few songs but I think the one we are going to do it Vegas Girl by Conor Maynard." He replied. "I like that song." I commented and he nodded. "Where are you going to film it?" I continued to ask. "Probably just in our dorm, we might just sit on the window ledge and play our guitars." Brad said and giggled which made me laugh a bit. "I can't wait to see it." I replied and he nodded. "Maybe you could do a few covers with me and the boys?" Brad asked. "I don't think that's a good idea, people will think I'm in your band." I explained. "Not if we say that you're featuring in the song." Brad said and winked which made me giggle. "For now I think it's best if you boys find your fan base before you start featuring people in your covers." I said and Brad nodded. "That's if anyone will like us." Brad explained. "One strawberry and one chocolate milkshake." The waiter interrupted and then passed them out. "Thank you." I replied and then smiled at the cute little cup they came in.

"Are you ready to order your meals?" The waiter asked. "Could we just have a few more minutes." Brad asked, we both realised that we have been talking too much and forgot to choose what we want to eat. "Of course." The waiter said and walked off, I picked up my menu again and looked at all of the food options. "What are you going to go for?" I asked. "I'm not sure if I want a sandwich or something with pasta." Brad said and I nodded. "I think I'm fancying a bacon sandwich." I replied and Brad nodded. "If we both get sandwiches then we can share a pudding after?" Brad asked. "Yeah sure." I replied. "I'm going to get a chicken and mayonnaise sandwich then." Brad said. "Similar to the one I had for dinner a few weeks ago." I said and Brad nodded before holding my hand a little bit tighter.

We called the waiter over and ordered our sandwiches, after about a 15 minute wait they arrived and I have to say this is one of the best bacon sandwiches I have ever had which is saying something. Even Brad was surprised with how nice his was. "That was really good." Brad explained and I nodded in agreement. "What did you want for pudding?" Brad asked as the waiter came and took our plates away and then handed us back the menus. "I really fancy ice cream." I replied and he nodded. "So do I actually, it says here that if you are getting a portion for 2 then you can get two flavours." Brad explained. "Ooooo, how about we choose one flavour each?" I asked. "I want vanilla." Brad commented. "I will go for chocolate then." I replied. "Nice choice!" Brad exclaimed and I smiled. We ordered our ice cream and a few minutes later the waiter placed it in front of us, we thanked her and Brad let go of my hand and grabbed a spoon.

"Are we planning on doing anything after lunch?" Brad asked as he took a scoop of ice cream and put it in his mouth. "We can if you would like to." I replied and he nodded. "What would you like to do?" Brad asked as I picked up my spoon and started eating. "Is there somewhere to go bowling around here?" I asked and Brad nodded. "Yeah, did you want to go bowling?" Brad replied. "I should have enough money to go, yeah." I explained and Brad shook his head as he ate another scoop of ice cream. "Nope, you're not paying. This is date day!" Brad said and I rolled my eyes at him. "I can pay for myself, it's ok. If you keep on spending you're money on me then you won't have any left." I explained. "I would rather spend my money on you than anyone else." Brad replied and I blushed a little. "You're cute." He continued and rubbed his thumb across my knuckles. "So are you." I replied and he smiled.

We finished our ice cream and drinks and then Brad paid for our food after I insisted on paying, he held my hand as we walked out of the cafe and down the road. "We need to get on a bus to go to the bowling alley." Brad explained. "That's fine, is it by the cinema?" I asked and he nodded. "I went there yesterday." I continued. "Was the film good?" Brad asked. "Yeah, I really enjoyed it. Rachel got excited about Harry Styles and then got annoyed at me because I don't find Harry Styles attractive." I explained and Brad laughed as we paid for a bus ticket and then sat on the bus. "Not everyone finds Harry Styles attractive, I'm not much of a fan of 1 Direction." I continued and Brad nodded. "I get that." He replied and then we both looked out of the window.

There was a few minutes of silence and then Brad decided to make conversation again. "The boys asked if you wanted to come with us to a party next week?" He randomly asked out of nowhere and I smiled a little. "I'm not really one for parties." I replied. "Ah come on! You will have us boys with you, you won't have to talk to anyone else." Brad suggested. "But parties normally means popular people and alcohol, I'm not a popular person and I don't drink." I explained. "It doesn't matter if you are popular or not, you've been invited by us so people will understand and you don't have to drink anything." Brad replied. "Can I think about it?" I asked and he nodded before holding my hand. "Of course you can, I'm not going to force you to go but I would like it if you did. You might encourage me to stay away from the drink..." Brad said and I nodded, understanding what he meant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you have probably noticed I have started using pictures so it's easier for you to imagine certain things, let me know if you like this idea because I do!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.7K 440 34
A simple girl who will see her life take a big turn following a family drama. She will meet the right people at the right time and rediscover happine...
33.7K 1.3K 41
****Sequel to Torn**** Brad and Jas had one crazy year together involving broken friendships, surprise siblings, crazy ex girlfriends, and a whole lo...
264K 3.3K 200
Read book 1 first to see Brad and Rachel's story up until this point. :) Hope you enjoy
43.8K 1.5K 36
Lily meets Brad and his friends at a fair. Relationships develop and feelings get involved but is Brad and Lily's relationship fate? Copyright: Lolly...