Could You Love Me

By MTColt

My only desire would be to make it through this hell. One more year would be all it takes, to set me free. Ne... More

{Introduction/Cast}
Could You Love Me {I}
Could You Love Me {II}
Could You Love Me {III}
Could You Love Me {IV}
Could You Love Me {V}
Could You Love Me {VI}
Could You Love Me {VII}
Could You Love Me {VIII}
Could You Love Me {IX}
Could You Love Me {X}
Could You Love Me {XI}
Could You Love Me {XII}
Could You Love Me {XIII}
Could You Love Me {XIV}
Could You Love Me {XV}
Could You Love Me {XVI}
Could You Love Me {XVII}
Could You Love Me {XVIII}
Could You Love Me {XIX}
Could You Love Me {XX}
Could You Love Me {XXI}
Could You Love Me {XXII}
Could You Love Me {XXIII}
Could You Love Me {XXV}
Could You Love Me {XXVI}
Could You Love Me {XXVII}
Could You Love Me {XXVIII}
Could You Love Me {XXIX}
Could You Love Me {XXX}
Could You Love Me {XXXI}
Could You Love Me {XXXII}
Could You Love Me {XXXIII}
Could You Love Me {XXXIV}
Could You Love Me {XXXV}
Could You Love Me {XXXVI}
Could You Love Me {XXXVII}
Could You Love Me {XXXVIII}
Could You Love Me {XXXIX}
Could You Love Me {XL}
Could You Love Me {XLI}

Could You Love Me {XXIV}

1.3K 37 1
By MTColt

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

"Oktober."

A familiar voice called after me, as I exited through the doors of the school. I spun around on my heels, coming face to face with Axel.

"What can I do for you, Mr Dawson?" I teased, making him roll his eyes as we walked down the steps.

"Now before I ask you this, just know it's my mother's idea." He warned, making me laugh.

"This should be good."

Axel smiled as I laughed, almost looking nervous.

"Would you like to be my plus one to my cousins wedding this weekend? My mom and her both insist that I bring a ... date, and you're the only semi worthy candidate."

"You know you could've just asked to take me on a date, Axel. You didn't have to blame it on your mother." I smirked, causing him to roll his eyes once more, letting out a laugh.

"In your dreams, Blackwood."

I decided to stop teasing him and think about his question, finding that I really didn't have a reason to say no.

"Sure, I'd love to be your date." I answered in a posh voice, making the both of us laugh.

"We're leaving Friday morning, since it's a long drive." Axel said, opening the door to my car for me, leaning on it as I got in.

"So pick me up Thursday night?" I questioned, not able to hide my growing smirk.

"Of course." He smiled before shutting my door, tossing me a wink as he walked away to his car.

I sighed leaning back in my seat.

To think that hating each other would've been the best option was flat out stupid. Everything was so much easier when we were on good terms, I was happier.

Which then again, wasn't good, but what also wasn't  good was that I needed to get a dress for the wedding and Imogen was gonna flip.

Yay.

~

"Oh my gosh, so what if when you guys are slow dancing he does that little dip thing and plants one right on your kisser!?" Imogen exclaimed enthusiastically, raking through the dresses on the racks.

"I doubt that will happen." I replied, rolling my eyes. "And what makes you think I'll be slow dancing?"

"Can you please be an optimistic person for once? You know you wouldn't mind."

"I wouldn't mind you shutting up right about now." I mumbled, making her roll her eyes.

"I think I found your dress." She shouted suddenly, startling the people behind her, making me laugh.

She walked back over to me carrying a satin olive green colored dress, an anxious smile on her face as she handed it to me.

"Try it on." She ordered, plopping down on the chair in front of the dressing room.

It had thin straps and a sort of v-neck line which exposed a lot of chest, but still minimal as to where it was appropriate. It hugged my body but wasn't tight and flowed down to my feet.

All in all I thought it looked pretty good.

"Let me see O!" Imogen yelled obnoxiously.

I opened the curtain and walked out, making Imogen squeal in excitement.

"You have to get it, it looks great." She exclaimed. "Axel won't be able to keep his hands off."

"My goal isn't to make Axel keep his hands on me, Imogen." I reminded her making her roll her eyes.

"Then what is it? To get him in bed?"

"No!" I scoffed, making her laugh and me to run back in the dressing room.

I changed back into my clothes and bought the dress, feeling confident about my decision.

Imogen and I picked up a pizza on the way home due to her non-stop complaining about being hungry.

"I brought food." I shouted as we walked through the door.

I could hear Alexander's footsteps running down the stairs and Kate telling him to slow down before he hurt himself, making Imogen snort.

"Did you save me any dufus?" Alexander questioned Imogen, making her roll her eyes.

"Obviously dumbo, I didn't eat the whole damn box." She replied.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you did." Alex snorted, making her punch his arm.

"Smells good." Kate chimed, walking into the kitchen.

"It's your favorite." I replied, watching as she gave me a grateful smile.

"Kiss ass." Alex spoke lowly, coughing.

"Idiot." I retorted, hopping onto the counter.

"So, aunt Kate, guess what." Imogen smirked, making Kate arch an eyebrow at her.

"What is it?"

Imogen looked over at me and I shot her a glare, only managing to widen her smirk.

"Oktober was asked to be someone's date to a wedding."

Alexander choked on the pizza that was in his mouth, making Imogen hit his back, a little harder than necessary.

"Who's the lucky guy?" Kate grinned.

"Or girl." Alexander snickered and I rolled my eyes.

"Axel, remember him?" I answered, making her gush.

"Oh of course I do."

"The Dawson kid who came on the trip with us?" Alexander questioned, his thick eyebrows raising.

"Yes genius." Imogen groaned.

"He's alright, not that I'm okay with this or anything." He stated unnecessarily, making me look to Kate for help.

"Oh leave it alone Alexander, he's a sweet boy." She defended, making me smile at her gratefully.

"A sweet boy who will have a face full of my fist if anything happens."

Imogen snorted as she grabbed her second slice of pizza.

"Nothing's going to happen." I sighed picking up the bag with my dress inside and walking up the stairs.

***

It was late and I was cleaning my room.

I often didn't get bursts of productiveness until it was late and I needed to be sleeping.

Weird, I know.

The sound of something hitting my window made me turn down the speakers that were blasting music around my room, walking over to my window and sliding it open.

"What are you doing?" I exclaimed, looking down at Axel who was looking up at me, a lopsided grin on his face.

"I'm coming up." He said quietly, picking up the ladder from my neighbors yard and putting it up to my window, climbing up and sliding in effortlessly.

"Are you crazy!?" I whisper shouted, keeping my voice quiet so Alexander wouldn't come barging in.

"Slightly." He smiled, sitting on the spiny chair next to my bed.

"What's this?" He questioned, reaching for the bag that held the dress I bought for the wedding.

"You can't see that!" I scolded, grabbing the bag from him. "It's my dress for the wedding."

I walked over to my closet, hanging it up securely before closing the door.

"I think that only applies to the bride, darling." He stated, a smirk on his face which made me roll my eyes.

"Well it applies to me too."

I fell on my bed, propping myself up on my elbows so I could face him.

"So what brings you here at this hour of the night?" I questioned, making him shrug.

"I was on a run and ended up here." He responded absentmindedly, his clothes and sneakers validating his statement.

"Glad to know I was on your mind." I teased, making him roll his eyes.

"Anyways, my mother was thrilled that you agreed to be my dat-, plus one to the wedding." Axel announced, making me smile. "I don't understand why she likes you so much."

I scoffed at his amused expression, using my foot to push him away.

"Maybe because I'm a likable person Dawson, not that you'd know anything about that."

"Well I should go." He sighed, standing up.

I stood up as well, walking him over to the window out of all exits. He climbed back out and onto the ladder, smirking as he looked back at me.

"Try not to dream about me tonight." He winked, making me snort.

"You wish."

He laughed as he jumped off the ladder, pulling it back down and putting it back in the neighbors yard before jogging away.

I sighed closing my window, falling backwards onto my bed.

What is he doing to me.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

349K 8K 28
"Why do you care if I kiss other girls? We're not together, we're friends" he stated swallowing his emotions. "You're right, why should I care? Like...
1.1M 23.8K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
391K 8.2K 44
"I'm not going to hurt you." He took his hands off my waist and placed them on either side of my head. "I could never hurt you." He lowered his face...
390K 16.4K 26
She didn't reply and I felt her finger move across my skin, lower, and almost all the way down my lower back. A shiver coursed through my body, stran...