Bittersweet - Lookism Fanfic

Od illicitsoliloquy

"You're quiet. You realized, haven't you?" the blonde muttered. He let his free hand wrap around the Hyungse... Více

II
Lookism Short Story Side Project
Bittersweet Christmas Special
III
(True) III

I

1.9K 54 31
Od illicitsoliloquy

The clock ticked and tocked, hands working furiously as if to speed up time and get class dismissed. The clicking sound was monotone and calming. If you close your eyes, even for a second, it could soothe you to a deep slumber. It was so welcoming, reaching to embrace you...

"Hey, Hyungseok." Jinsung slid into the seat next to his friend and flung himself around his neck. "Do you have any plans after school? I thought he could go to an arcade or something."

"Hmm?"

Hyungseok can barely make out Jinsung's face with his blurred vision. Rest wasn't a pleasure he could satisfy or enjoy even with his head groggily pounding. Maybe sleep couldn't claim him, but he would take any chance to close his eyes and empty everything from his mind. Voices, rumors, yelling, beating, mockery, this high school Hell could miraculously be channeled into a mild buzz. Stifling a yawn, he turned his attention back to his company and pondered a bit.

"Nah. Sounds nice, but I have other stuff to attend to. Maybe you could go with Mijin," Hyunseok suggested with carelessness and feigned ignorance to the obvious attraction. It earned him blooming crimson chrysanthemums on Jinsung's cheeks. Smirking and wiggling his eyebrows teasingly, he snickered and ruffled his schoolmate's hair after giving a playful nudge. In turn, he growled and smacked Hyungseok's hand. Immediately after, however, he scanned the classroom to find Mijin's eyes staring at him with slight disapproval. Hastily, he massaged his victim's palm and apologized, oblivious to the fact that she was grinning at how much power and influence she had over him. Jinsung was a fighter at heart, but he gradually grew soft and welcoming due to the effect Mijin had over him. It was quite a sight to see, a brute boxer become so weak to his romantic fantasies. Although, if you let that get to your head, it would end up being pummeled by swift knuckles.

Patting him on the back, Hyungseok signaled Jinsung to ask her. Nodding in confirmation, he decided to take his classmate's two cents and practiced his proposal under his breath. A slow grin took its place on Hyunseok's mouth before he went to rest a bit before leaving. His breathing matched the pace to the clock's seconds. Tick, in. Tock, out. Something gently pushed his shoulder. Tick, in. Tock, out. Somehow finding enough energy, he shoved back and grumbled. Tick, in. Tock, out. It didn't seem to understand that he wasn't really active at the moment. Tick, in. Tock, out. Consistency and strong-will can be great aspects to a person, but it was not such an amazing thing at the moment. Perhaps if he stayed silent, it would eventually let him be in his tranquilness. Tick, in. Tock, out.

"Hyungseok...."

It was a light, airy sound with a bit of a rough edge to it. It wrapped itself around his ear and tempted him into comforting sleep. Soft, graceful fingers, with caution, weaved its way through his hair, toying with the ends. The gesture spread a feeling of peace. Hyungseok's mind tapped out and threw out his worries. He wished to stay like this forever, letting the unknown entity take care of him as he slept. At least, for a little while....

Then he snapped. No, he mustn't less he wanted to pick up his limp body later. Scanning the classroom, he came to see that the crowded students had dispersed into mere dust floating in the air, vacant and quiet except for an accompanying quiet breath and aura of fear and guilt. Turning his head towards it, he came to see an apologetic Jaeyeol bowing down furiously, keeping his face covered with his hands.

"Ah! No need to worry, Jae, I was just a little tired. Stop it, I needed to get up and going anyway. You were actually a help; I should be the one saying sorry." Hyungseok attempted to reassure him. No words had escaped his lips, but Hyungseok just knew what he was meaning to say. Sometimes they passed inaudible conversations. It was as there was an invisible connection between them. Through this tufts of hair, Jaeyeol bore his covered eyes into his friend's. Hyungseok was taken back.

"Come over to your place? I don't want to be a bother," he argued trying to turn down the offer without making it seem like he despised the idea. Honestly, he did think of what they could do together alone with only each other to please. It was a shower thought that came and went often. However, this wasn't a great time. "You're probably busy. Don't let me sink in the feeling of violating your time."

A sudden pang went through him. It caught in his lungs and throat. "O-Okay." Hyungseok sighed, giving up. "However, I'll need to head back home and get my stuff. We'll just share clothes? Fine."

Organizing and gathering his stuff, he went off with Jaeyeol leading. Possibly, if Hyungseok had seen Jaeyeol's face, he would have been concerned, but it was masked to hide an impossibly bright scarlet gradually appearing.

_____________

"Y-You have a very nice space." Hyungseok managed to stutter out in his state of shock. All of the money his mother and he earned in a lifetime wouldn't even able to buy an eighth of the building Jaeyeol had called home. Realization struck him as he took in his clothing that he changed into earlier, the ones that his friend had given him. How much did these cost? His home a piece? He didn't feel like himself anymore. Consciously, he tugged at his sleeves and hid his hands, chewing them out of habit before spitting it out. They probably cost a thousand meals. A sudden wave engulfed him all at once. They were working vigorously to calm his guilty flame. As expected, Jaeyeol was looking straight at him with a reassuring grin that said, "No worries." Hyungseok pouted, but reluctantly nodded in understanding and began biting on his sleeves again.

Honestly, in Jae's perspective, he gave off the appearance of an innocent child. Tossing the idea of his friend as an infant, Jaeyeol smiled to himself. Wouldn't he look cute? He continued to lead his guest up to the top floor that gave you the view of the city for miles. Every morning, he gazed out for a few moments before starting his day. It was breathtaking to see the sky spark like a warm hearth and people moving in and out at early dawn when it was still quiet. Yet, he could never feel the warmth of sunlight at those times. The AC beat him cold. Either that or the emptiness of his home. Sometimes he shivered in the corner alone contemplating, weeping, giggling, it all depended on the stability of his mind. A firm grip grasped his shoulder. Jaeyeol peered up to see Hyungseok's face painted with consternation.

"You okay?" he asked, his words laced with unease. Timidly, he gnawed on his bottom lip. "Do you not want me to stay anymore? I can leave."

A rush of panic went through Jae. Frantically, he waved his hands while shaking his head in dismay. By his own will, he hoped to pay back his mistake of trespassing boundaries. He could feel his heart clench up. Why could he never portray the right message?

Showing a shy grin, Hyungseok gestured to convince that he had it sent to him. "Alright, alright. I'll be following."

Relief wrapped its arms around Jaeyeol as he exhaled a heavy breath that had somehow became trapped in his esophagus. He yearned to spoil and please his friend. The thought occurred even more often nowadays. Selfishly, he wanted Hyungseok for himself. Since young, he wanted, needed a close someone by his side. Now that he has one, he's willing to do everything to keep him there in his possession.

_____________

They kicked off their shoes when they entered the living quarters and climbed their way to Jaeyeol's room. It was eerily hushed. No signs of humanity or it ever being occupied were shown. The walls were white and bare, stripped of photographs or paintings. They were smooth and free of marks or stains, but, Hyungseok discovered as he ran a finger over the surface, there was a thin layer of dust resting upon them. Spring was calm warm that cradled you motherly, however, it felt like a frigid winter in here. Not the kind where the lithe snow pirouetted in the air gracefully as Jack Frost gave you kisses on your cheek, but the cruel being that whipped you for the tiniest of things and ruled like a bored, sadistic tyrant.

Clawing Jaeyeol's sweater closer to his body, Hyungseok asked, "Where are your parents?"

Instantly, he regretted the phrase ever coming out.

As if the cold had frozen him, Jaeyeol stilled at the top of the stairs with his head bowed down. A whisper seeped from loneliness's mouth and dripped onto the floor like teardrops.

"B-Business trip I presume?"

Loneliness began to chant louder, crushing Hyungseok's skull as it squeezed harder and shrieked in his ear.

"A-Ah. I see," was all he could say as he followed his host up the stairs once more.

His room was probably larger than his own living space. A glass wall faced towards the east where the sun would peek into as it rose in the sky to start the day. The bed sheets would have shone a metallic light against their silver hue. Like everything else, they were extremely neat as if Jae didn't sleep in them at all. What if he has eye bags under his bangs? Hyungseok fretted, What if he's exhausted and doesn't desire me to be here? He didn't want to assume claims in a situation he didn't understand about, but if he could just run his hand through Jaeyeol' hair and see his eyes, he would be content. Jaeyeol was somebody he could put his faith in; someone he has grown close to. He would like to keep him there, right next to his heart.

His thoughts were cut off as he felt an object bump into him. Peering down, all of his negativity rushed away. He petted the furry being next to him just to be attacked by three more.

"I see you've been taking good care of the pups." Hyungseok laughed as one of them licked his cheek. "They've grown-up well. Then again, they were in your care."

A feeling of pride warmed his skin from the freezing interior. It was parent-like as if a father had the honor to watch his children achieve something worthwhile. Naturally, a parent also bragged about his talented children's accomplishments. Rolling his eyes, Hyungseok stood up and let Jaeyeol's so-called "kids" frolic with each other. However, they clung onto him. Giving in, the two teenagers showered the dogs in endless love while exchanging words. It was pleasant to be together without anyone else. Just comforting quiet, save the pets' barking, and the blessing of each other's company. Growing weary of the pets, Jaeyeol herded them out of the room so it could just be the two of them in privacy. Crawling onto the bed, they found an agreeable position to lay down in. Hyungseok draped himself over Jae's back and hugged his stomach. It was similar to cuddling with a large teddy bear. He also gazed lifelessly with a permanent expression like one. Staring and staring at the window, observing the city so crowded and problematic. The atmosphere became empty and moping. Frowning, Hyungseok nuzzled into the crook of Jaeyeol's neck and pouted. "Look at me."

So he did, intensely with the pressure of millions of unnameable emotions. Viewing him so close, Hyungseok became aware of little details he hadn't been exposed to before. The pronunciation of his friend's jaw, his high nose, the way you could see his eyes without seeing them, and his plush lips. Hot air escaped through them and heated his cheeks and tempted him to...

Distance instantly separated them as Hyungseok depleted such ridiculous thoughts. This is Jae, he chided to himself, a person with his own life and preferences, and a kind acquaintance if nothing more.

Fearfully, he chanced to see Jaeyeol's reaction. Delusionally, he believed he saw a greedy hand reach out to summon him, but it was soberly by the owner's side. It instead offered refreshments lazily.

"J-Juice?" He stammered pathetically.

Taking the instructions given to him, he fetched a bottle from the mini fridge and downed it, attempting to clear his head. There was a sharp tang to it and it choked his breath. Pain pierced his skull. Stinging coals charred his skin and sizzled when sweat doused it. His eyes lolled back into a blind state. Realization struck him as he coughed it out and the contents splattered on the ground and dribbled down his chin like crimson blood.

_____________

Jaeyeol cupped Hyungseok's cheeks with shaking hands. The dark liquid bubbled and popped, staining his shirt, but he barely took notice; the stench of alcohol clouded in his face. Hastily, he began wiping the hazardous substance with his sleeve until his wrist was forced back in an iron grip. His head slammed against the wall and his sight was disorientated spinning him around in a complicated dance he didn't know the steps to.

"It's really good," Hyungseok slurred, ending the statement with a drunken hiccup. His pupils dilated as he pushed on closer to his victim. With a haggard breath, he murmured, dripping with charisma like wine, "Why don't you have a taste?"

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

227K 7.6K 46
I go to Professor Jeon's room and knock his door . "Come in" "Professor .. you need me ?" I asked innocently "Mr Kim .. you better stop pretending...
360K 15.5K 51
Jensen bristles visibly, straightening his back and squaring his shoulders. Looking so appalled that he maybe, possibly, almost kissed his best frien...
3.1K 261 11
"I'm not your servant." Jeongguk uttered in a low voice as he leaned forward after putting his both hands on the wall, caging Taehyung. The deep voic...
42.1K 1.5K 11
disclaimer ; all the content used in this picture, music, clips and certain voice overs do not belong to me but to the rightful owners. The storylin...