Betrayed By Fate

By alice-ayuzawa

PREVIOUSLY CALLED "My Coldhearted Beta" Highest Rank #2 in Werewolf (Idk how though) ▪▪▪▪▪ "I , Jake Anderson... More

Author Note
"That smile of yours is haunting me"
Chapter 1 |Wolfsbane
Chapter 2 |Alpha Visitor
Chapter 3 | Escape
Chapter 4 | Jenn
Chapter 5 | Stranger
Chapter 6 | Mate
Chapter 7 | 'Alpha King'
Chapter 8 | Rejection
Chapter 9 | Taunting
Chapter 10 | Awaken
Chapter 11 | Stay
Chapter 12 | Tag Along
Chapter 13 | Jake
Chapter 14 | Aether
Chapter 15 | Shopping
Chapter 16 | Flower
Chapter 17 | Bloodshed
Chapter 18 | "Lily"
Chapter 19 | Confronting
Chapter 20 | Return
Chapter 21 | Past
Chapter 22 | Brother
Chapter 23 | "Netflix And Chill"
Chapter 24 | Lost
Chapter 25 | Seer
Chapter 26 | Memory
Chapter 27 | Heated
Chapter 28 | Apple
Chapter 29 | Arlen
Chapter 30 | Bunny?
Chapter 31 | I Love You
Chapter 33 | Forest
Chapter 34 | "Rogue"
Chapter 35 | Prank
Chapter 36 | "Nothing happened"
Chspter 36.5 | Bonus
Chapter 37 | Kiss
Chapter 38 | Luke
Chapter 39 | R.I.P
Chapter 40 | "I won't"
Chapter 41 | Party
Chapter 42 | "Burn it!"
Chapter 43 | Silver
Chapter 44 | Leave
Chapter 45 | "GIVE ME UNICORNS!"
Chapter 46 | Meeting
Chapter 47 | Zaire
Chapter 48 | Punch Me
New book
Chapter 49 | Save her
Characters Magazine [pleeease read]
Chapter 50 | I Will Tell Him
Chapter 51 | Pain
Hi...please don't kill me A/N
Chapter 52 | Goddess
Chapter 53 | Angel
NOTE
Chapter 54 | Time
Chapter 55 | Blood
Chapter 56 | Home
Chapter 57 | "I love you..."
Chapter 58 | Why
Chapter 59 | You Are Lost
Chapter 60 | Smile
Epilogue |1| Brown
Epilogue |2| Babies
Epilogue |3| Story
Epilogue |4| Mystery?
Q&A (and interesting facts )

Chapter 32 | Surprise?

88.1K 2.6K 432
By alice-ayuzawa

Song: praying by Kesha.
It is fun to draw when you are trying to embody a song :'D .
****************************

"Why did you tell him!" Arlen was stumping his feet, a big pout on his lips, he looked ridiculous.

"Because I am her mate dear future brother in law, and want to know more about her family" Jake shot back with a smug grin.

"You are not her mate until I approve of you" Arlen growled. The were head to head glaring at each other, I was looking up to them from Jake's lap.

We were watching a movie until Arlen was shouting around asking for me, Jake thought it would be romantic to run away from the evil brother who wants to seprate us, don't ask what we have been watching.

So he carried me around the house with an angry Arlen hot on our tail.

"I am her big brother! She would always come to me when she had nightmares..or wet her bed! She was such a fragile naive baby, and I was her knight who protected her!"

My face heated up for embarrassment, why did he have to say that! "Stop it you idiot! Can't you just shut up for once!" I fumed, either from anger or embarrassment.

"Where is my baby sister who used to follow me every where and would say things like 'I don't need a mate, I want to stay with big brother!' You were so cute back then, now you are sitting on some guy's lap, probably doing nasty things after I leave" you could hear the playfulness in his voice, he was doing this on purpose to embarrass me in front of Jake. That b*stard!

I looked up at Jake who was amused by the information he has gotten.

"You are right with the later, so if you would give us some privacy to continue" Jake winked at me, I think I just want to die now.

"Oh no! Young lady you won't come near him-"

"Arlen, if you value your immortal life...run" he shuddered at my intense glare.

He held his hand up in surrender "I am going to go...I doubt that you will mark each other soon, there must have happened something if you didn't mark each other months ago, before you ask how do I know that you met months ago, I have my eyes everywhere. So no smoochiiii!" With that he left the room.

"It is 3 Pm, want to make lunch?" I asked Jake, I have felt him tense up through Arlen's speech so maybe lunch will help him loosen up...and I want to change the topic from 'smoochiiii'

"3? Oh no! Ehmm Arian..I am really sorry but I have an urgent appointment with some..important people. Well see ya!"

I have never heard him talk like that, and so nervous...

The man is a busy Beta, of course he has work to do.

He would always ask me if I wanted to come along if it was Pack buisness, as the female Beta it is my duty to learn more about the pack, these were his words.

Do you trust him?

I do...

But you miss him? A wicked smirk looking back at me.

Wha- nooo....I am not clingy!

haha you are, it is normal, we haven't been marked yet so feeling troubled when mate isn't near.

...I am not clingy.

Arian I love our mate, we are soulmates after all, he has been created the way he is because of us, the same is about us, we are compatible, it lies within nature.

You could blame these feelings, affection, tingles, desire, the embty feeling when he is gone, and more, you could blame it all on the mate bond.

But you always have a choice, these are your feelings, not even the bond can change that.

You mean, it is my decision to accept the mate bond, to let it affect me.

And I already did.

So why denying that you miss him? I could swear she wiggled her eyebrow.

...I do, now shut up!

Hahaha, relax he won't be gone for long.

***************

"Ari. Ari. Ari. Ari. Ari. Ari."

Gritting my teeth I am trying so hard to not punch all his teeth to powder.

"Ari. Ari. Ari. Ari-" he started to tap the table now too, that was my sign to turn his head 360 degree.

"F*CKING SHUT UP!!!" I threw the book in my hand on him with all I had, he caught it with ease holding it between two fingers.

"How are you baby sister?" He grinned at my aggrieved fuming face.

"It is Blackburn for you" I huffed snapping the book from his hand planning on going to my room.

"I thought you had warmed up to me since he is here" he gave me childish pout.

"You are right, I am less aggressive towards you when he is with me, I don't want him to see that side of me"

"You are smirking at me amused but dear brother, in your place..I wouldn't take everything so lightly"

"You can't be angry at me forever, no sibling fight we had lasted long, we are grown adults and can put our differences aside and make up" he argued

"If it means being a child, but not to forgive you, I am one then" I left the library, he always needs to follow me!

You can't blame him, he is a Bookman, it is funny but Keepers feel at ease the most surrounded by books, it is our duty to document history.

I was there first!

The day is almost over, Zaire and Jenn have been busy, they were in Zaire's office all day I had to bring them dinner because the Omegas had the day off on weekends, and Jenn didn't like it much that they had the job to clean in the whole Pack house.

So she gave them days off.

I went to my room, I was half the time near the door, waiting.

I sound like a dog.

Werewolf?

It is not the same!

I let out a long sigh, closing the door behind me I dropped myself face first on my bed.

"Where are you Jake! Leaving me here alone with stupid annoying Arlen" My words muffled by the blanket. The bed felt strange, I could feel the mattress sinking on one side, I don't remember putting anything heavy beside me.

"Well, I am here now, want to go out?" A voice beside me asked smoothly.

And scared the sh*t out of me.

I jearked my body up, screeching, which ended with me face first now on the floor.

couldn't you kiss him instead of the floor?

That actually hurt and scared me!

"Are you okay?" He stood behind me.

I turned my face to lie on my back, looking up to him. He was extending his hand down to me, but his face looking sharp to his left, he was lightly shaking.

How dare he!

I massaged my sore nose, huffing at him I slapped his hand away, that must have been the trigger for him burst out laughing and clutching his stomach, his deep laugher was echoing in the room while I was giving him playful glares and pouting at his childich behaviour.

I stood up, waiting for him to grasp his breath. My pride wants him to abruptly stop laughing at me, but the giddy feeling in my stomach wants to hear his care free laugh on repeat.

"Haaaah Sorry, but you have to admit that was funny" he chuckled holding his hands up in surrender.

I gave him the cold shoulder, fake sluking "Not for me, why did you have to creep on me like that!"

"...I am sorry if I hurt you, I guess I will go out alone" he took slow retrieving steps, the disappointment lacing in his words. Hastily I turned around intending to stop him, but instead ran into a hard chest, my nose again suffering, at least it isn't as bad, his scent intoxicating strong a sweet redemption to last time.

The same sly deceiving voice now chuckling. Swiftly he wrapped two arms around my waist, picking me up holding me high over his head. A boyish grin on his lips, he was enjoying my confusion.

"You are so light, are you sure you don't have wings Angel?" He was grinning from ear to ear showing his pearl white teeth, I felt the heat rush to my cheeks turning a light pink.

I am no Angel.

He started spinning us around "In my eyes you are" he smiled up to me.

Did I say it out loud?!

"No you didn't but your face is an open book" he chuckled.

My stare fixed on him, such mesmerising soft blue eyes staring back at me, eyes drunk in love are blinded, I am no Angel, I am not a good person.

But for him, I will try to become someone worthy, so that I can look him in the eyes without feeling the guilt.

I will tell him today.

He gave me a gentle kiss on my forehead slowly lowering me to the ground until I stood on my own.

His eyes had a mischievous sparkle in them, "I assume you want to go out?" He softly tugged on my cheek chuckling.

"Yes, but where are we going?" I asked, I couldn't hide the curiosity behind my question.

"Tsk tsk, Darling you are too curious for your own good, I wasn't all day seperated from you to tell you the suprise,"

"Your reaction will be my prize for the time I couldn't see you" he was smirking, holding his phone to his ear saying a quick thanks.

The door bursts open, Jenn eyes snapped to me, a mixture of crazy eyes and a creepy broad grin, let shudders loose down my spine.

Fondling with her hands, anticipation was the word I would describe her right now, pure anticipation was shining from her.

"You have put her in the right hands don't worry about a thiiiing" she gave me dangerous smile, I am actually scared now.

You are screwed, it was good knowing you, bye.

Wait a second, this is not a game that you can log out when it gets too serious, we are in this together!

If he leaves us with the girl who has crazy in her eyes...we should question his feelings.

Careful that girl is now official Luna of the Nightfall Pack. I shared eye contact with the crazy Luna a smile on my lips.

Ohhh! They completed the mating process. Respect for Zaire, for an Alpha who has the thinking to protect their mate, in every possible way embedded in them, he has lasted long.

If he could do that, you can last with me through whatever our crazy Luna has planned for us.

Urrghh...

"I am leaving this to you Luna" they did a high five and grinned approvingly at each other.

This is starting to creep me out more and more, since when did they became so close?

The door closed behind Jake.

"Has he shown you the dresses?" Jenn asked, I just sat there confused and scared. I shook my head taking slow steps back.

"I thought he wanted to choose together" she began rumbling another set of pretty words before going to the couch, where the two hangers with black foil were lying, grabbig them in one hand, it suprises me that I didn't notice them until now.

She went to the side, leaning down to grab a small black bag, I would take a wild guess that it is makeup.

Just a random guess....and on the bag was written 'make up' in bright neon pink.

"I am not allowed to tell you anything so don't even try" she threw the bag to me walking out of the room, I followed her seeing no other option.

"Oh I wouldn't dare my Luna, and congrats by the way, when will we see mini Jenns running around here?" I asked in a teasing tone, I put my fist in front of her, trying to imitate a microphone.

she grinned at me, I was blinded by her confident...and utterly disappointed, where is shy and red Jenn?

"Not even that can make me waver, this isn't about me, it is about you and I am going to enjoy this" she fastened her pace.

I caught a glimpse of her rose red cheeks before she ran into a room and then to the bathroom, my amused chuckle going through the plain furnished room.

Jenn came out, her face dripping with ice cold water, eyes narrowed at me "Just.Don't"

Taking the two hangers in each hand, holding them high, "Both dresses were chosen by Jake, you just have to choose the dress and I will do the magic, not the make up but the hair. Zaire's sister will come and do your makeup"

"How come I have never met any of his siblings?" I would know if I met someone with Alpha blood other than Zaire and Jake.

"They live in the second Pack house, it is natural that you never crossed paths, and they also have been out to trips outside of pack territory"

"You won't tell me anything?!" I bursted out, I was too curious, it is in my nature as a Keeper to want to know everything.

"Nah, give in to the suprise" she grinned.

******************

Heyyy! ....I actually have nothing to say.

Oh wait, can someone tell me just HOW!! We got to 27K and almost 1k votes ?!
I was so overwhelmed by the reads and votes, it still doesn't register
In my mind why would people read this cringy book.

Thank you so much for the support!!

Vote

Comment

Share?

Enjoy<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 784 47
I was getting ready to start my senior year of high school when my dad was offered a promotion in an ally pack. He was our alpha's younger brother. (...
7.5M 229K 32
Lily Crawford was once loved and treasured by her whole pack but that stopped on her 14th birthday when she didn't shift like she was supposed to. In...
1.7K 125 12
This is the story of Alpha Carson and his mate Katie. It is backstory for Alpha Aaron's parents as requested by one of my readers. (Alpha Aaron is se...
832K 30.4K 43
A/N: Just as a reminder. I am not a cliche person. I do do cliche topics but they all have a Rissa twist. Check it out, and I hope ya'll enjoy. _____...