Betrayed By Fate

Af alice-ayuzawa

PREVIOUSLY CALLED "My Coldhearted Beta" Highest Rank #2 in Werewolf (Idk how though) ▪▪▪▪▪ "I , Jake Anderson... Mere

Author Note
"That smile of yours is haunting me"
Chapter 1 |Wolfsbane
Chapter 2 |Alpha Visitor
Chapter 3 | Escape
Chapter 4 | Jenn
Chapter 5 | Stranger
Chapter 6 | Mate
Chapter 7 | 'Alpha King'
Chapter 8 | Rejection
Chapter 9 | Taunting
Chapter 10 | Awaken
Chapter 11 | Stay
Chapter 12 | Tag Along
Chapter 13 | Jake
Chapter 14 | Aether
Chapter 15 | Shopping
Chapter 16 | Flower
Chapter 17 | Bloodshed
Chapter 18 | "Lily"
Chapter 19 | Confronting
Chapter 20 | Return
Chapter 21 | Past
Chapter 22 | Brother
Chapter 23 | "Netflix And Chill"
Chapter 24 | Lost
Chapter 25 | Seer
Chapter 26 | Memory
Chapter 27 | Heated
Chapter 28 | Apple
Chapter 29 | Arlen
Chapter 30 | Bunny?
Chapter 32 | Surprise?
Chapter 33 | Forest
Chapter 34 | "Rogue"
Chapter 35 | Prank
Chapter 36 | "Nothing happened"
Chspter 36.5 | Bonus
Chapter 37 | Kiss
Chapter 38 | Luke
Chapter 39 | R.I.P
Chapter 40 | "I won't"
Chapter 41 | Party
Chapter 42 | "Burn it!"
Chapter 43 | Silver
Chapter 44 | Leave
Chapter 45 | "GIVE ME UNICORNS!"
Chapter 46 | Meeting
Chapter 47 | Zaire
Chapter 48 | Punch Me
New book
Chapter 49 | Save her
Characters Magazine [pleeease read]
Chapter 50 | I Will Tell Him
Chapter 51 | Pain
Hi...please don't kill me A/N
Chapter 52 | Goddess
Chapter 53 | Angel
NOTE
Chapter 54 | Time
Chapter 55 | Blood
Chapter 56 | Home
Chapter 57 | "I love you..."
Chapter 58 | Why
Chapter 59 | You Are Lost
Chapter 60 | Smile
Epilogue |1| Brown
Epilogue |2| Babies
Epilogue |3| Story
Epilogue |4| Mystery?
Q&A (and interesting facts )

Chapter 31 | I Love You

89.8K 3K 514
Af alice-ayuzawa

I might be wrong but I think Jake is Jealous of Arlen.

Hell yeah he is, what now? I can practically smell the sly plan you have on your mind.

Me? Pff nooooo...yes

I want to know why he is ignoring me when I try to ask about his words.

He didn't say directly that he is in love with me...so it could be that he is in love with someone else? Aaargh I don't understand how this happens to me-

Why would he tell you he was in love if he didn't mean you? Second look at that boy! He is head over heals for us, my charm played a big role in this but I guess you had your moments.

I could see her raising her snout high, with a smug look.

Yeah right, your 'charm' , whatever makes you sleep at night darling.

Hey!!

I want something to clear my doubts, he has been avoiding the topic of his confession for too long, it is time to force him to take actions.

You could use Lu-

No! Whatever might happen I don't want Jake to meet him...he is annoying and will just destroy everything I worked on.

True, he is a quirky fellow.

My body shook at the pure thought of him, my nose wrinkling at the memories.

No more talking about him, let's make a plan.

***********************
(Jake's pov)a

Get you sh*t together! Man up and talk to her!

I do talk to her.

What is your problem? Mate is looking fine! And you are avoiding her!

Aether, stop with these images man!

I messed up everything I had planned...I wanted to prove myself, I had messed up my chances once with rejecting her.

I had nights out planned, noted places she might like, food she likes-

PUHAHAHAH! you are whipped man.

Shut up, now things chnaged, I let myself be captivated from her glowing silver eyes..the words slipped my lips Aarhgg!

...because of "I aM A mAn iN LOvE, cAn YoU blAmE mE?" You have been avoiding her?

Are you serious?

...THIS IS SERIOUS!

Wtf man!

I have promised her to wait now I am the dumb one who hangs on her strings, I wanted to let her fall for me first before I confess anything.

AND I AM LOSING MY MASCULINITY EVERY PASSING SECOND! I SOUND MORE LIKE A F*CKING WIMP!

She is driving me insane.

Chill, you were always a wimp not her fault.

I swear I could see him raising his hands in surrounder if he wasn't a wolf.

F*ck you.

I want her.

But sadly you are the human here, if I were you(what I kind of am) I would have treated her like she deserves.

And would not let some Alpha snatch her away.

Alpha Arlen.. he seemed to know her, except the fact he was the one who held her in his Dungeon, there must be more behind it.

I am going to bite his head off if he tries something on her, no mercy on him.

He gives me an unsettling feeling, his aura is similars to..Arian's

Our conversation was cut short, a hand on my shoulder snapping me out of my trance ,her hand carrying pulsing sparks, my muscles relax at the slighest touch from her.

"You are thinking too loud"  she flicked my forehead giggling.

That is quite unusual but I like this side of her.

"Let's go, Arlen is waiting at the restaurant "

Alpha Arlen?

A low growl escaped my jealous driven soul, fustrated I ran my hand through my hair to maybe grasp onto some self control.

I can't tell if she is doing it on purpose or not.

I tried to ask normal but my gritted teeth refused to part "And why are we meeting with Alpha Arlen?"

She looked back at me with a blank expression "to eat lunch?" She angeld her head slightly to the right.

Why is she so sly and cute at the same time? well at least I can get out who he is to her.

"Let's go then" I sighed.

She gave me a victorious smirk, grabbed my hand and began running "Hurry"

***************

We sat down facing a suprised Alpha, who additionally started glaring at me, then at Arian.

"I didn't know he would come when you said let's grab lunch" his glare now againg fixed at me.

"Good, now you know" she answered nonchalantly looking through the menu.

"Just so you know, I still don't accept you" he gave me a last glare before burying his face in the menu huffing.

Real mature.

Says the man who gets jealous by his mate just saying another man's name.

Says the on who wants to bite that other man's head off.

Grrrr.

1:0 for me.

"Shut the f*ck up Arlen, I don't care what you think" Arian said opening the next page her eyes glued on the desserts.

He just smiled it off "do you?" He mumbled.

I can't remember the Alpha of the redmoon pack to be so relaxed towards anyone... he is a cold merciless b*stard. People said that about us but that is just the rumours that came with Zaire getting the title of 'Alpha king' a useless name that just made the pack a bigger target to rouges and enemy packs. We had no other choice to become stricter with rouges, more of them died in our hands so you could say the rumours are partly true.

"Why am I here?" Amusement gleaming in his eyes.

Arian stared at him with a dangerous glare "to pay" she called a Waiter to take our orders. I could see his lustful gaze eyeing her up and down. I let out a warning growl to the young waiter, but I wasn't the only one who growled,  wrapping my arms around Arian's waist while she struggled to get out, I saw Alpha Arlen bare his teeth at the Waiter looking not too exited.

"Get us a new Waiter, this one seems to have forgotten how to respect the costumers"  he yelled to the owner of the shop who hurriedly send a new Waiter "YES! Immediately Alpha"

The whole restaurant was silenced, no one dared to utter a word.

"I am terribly sorry for our young employe, we would be honoured for you to continue your meal on house" the new Waiter asked sincerely.

"No need Arlen will pay" Arian spoke up not fazed by what happened at all, the Waiter looked at her a little dumbfounded, she easily calls him by his first name, defys him, she doesn't care who he is.

His mood changed abruptly, his laugh echoed in the silent restaurant "we will do as the princess says" he chuckled.

"I will also order all our meals" she looked at me asking for an okay, I shrugged my shoulders, they are acting strange.

She stood up going with the waiter to the counter far from us, what is she doing?

*(Arian's pov) sorry for all the pov change :"D *

" -and lastly be sure to put the shrimp inside, Alpha Arlen Loves suprises"  he nodded his head and went to the kitchen.

Are you sure this is okay?

You have asked me this too many times.

I don't know if old allergies still work after becoming a Bookman, take it as an experiment, if I have luck he dies once and chokes on it.

Arian..

I returned to the table, I could feel the strained mood, Jake was glaring daggers at Arlen which he gladly returned.

Jake is jealous and Arlen is keeping his promise. Why did you bring the two here anyway? You got Jake jealous okay, but why keep him close to Arlen.

That stupid promise, "When you get your mate, you won't mark each other until I approve of him" what was he thinking when he told that a 9 year old? He always was too overprotective.

He really said that? Hahah.

I brought Jake here to maybe push him to a point where he can't avoid the confession.

....and a small part of me is still mad about the times he slept around.

I guessed the later.

"Our food should be ready soon, I was so free to also order the desserts"

"No worry Ari-" Arlen spoke in a friendly tone, his eyes sharp piercing on Jake tauntingly. "-you of all people know me so well, you should know my taste"

Oh yeah, I know what you like but also what you dislike.

I was slightly leaning on Jake, which allowed me to occasionally feel his growls that he stopped himself from escaping his mouth, he isn't so far from losing control and disrespect an Alpha which could lead to damage the connections between the packs.

I smiled a little at that, he is mature enought to set aside his desires and think rationally.

Even thought I barely interact with Arlen, plainly ignoring his every word occasionally talking back at him, Jake still showed signs of jealousy, he stiffed every time Arlen talked. Which was all the time.

What actually made him jealous was, I am guessing, Arlen's mimic, he had a smile which screamed ' superior  ' , he believed that his position was higher than him. Family is a bond no one can break, I can't change that the same blood flows in our veins, the same parents, however a mate bond can break.

Jake doesn't know what bond Arlen and I have, I can see where his jealousy is coming from.

"Here is your food, please don't hesitate to call if needed" the Waiter put the last dish infront of me, I thanked him, he nodded towards Arlen and went his way.

I got a Cheeseburger, I am a simple girl...and I couldn't decide for myself, for Jake I got the most expensive meal that sounded delicious, if Arlen is paying why not? And for Arlen a big bowl of plain rice, and another bowl with spicy curry,  he hates spicy food, in the rice were shrimps. Perfect.

A smile played on my lips looking at Arlen's disgusted face, some things never change I guess.

He ate it nonetheless, with a frown glaring playfully at me.

I had other things plannned but at least I pissed him off.

After that the dessert came, I got for Jake a vanilla-strawberry cake, he gave me light chuckle his eyes sparking a little. I couldn't help but smile at him.

I got myself a hot chocolate with marshmallows, and Arlen a Lemon cream cake, I am not a monster , he like sour stuff (even thought the cake is sweet) it had lemon pieces in them.

From the look on his face, I knew I should have chose the marzipan one, he was full on amused.

I huffed at him and tried to make conversation with Jake. Since the Waiter brought the dishes he has been awfully quiet.

"Arlen, take some chocolate and strawberry cake with you for Alpha Zaire and the Luna" I hopped off my seat grabbing Jake's hand and dashing out of the restaurant, I could hear his last words briefly.

"Remember my words" I have a feeling these words weren't directed at me.

Jake was silently staring at me, he didn't shake my hand off so I don't think he is angr-

"My Love..you are quite taking your little play too far" Aether now talking, his usual deep voice now slipping to an even deeper pitch, his hand pulling me into his chest, before I could react he has trapped me in a hug.

An intense stare was directed down at me, squrming under his gaze I struggled to put a distance between us, averting my eyes I chuckled nervously "W-what are you talking about? I am not playing pfff haha" my laugh awkwardly died down as his look gave me the message.

'You are not getting out of this'

"If this is what my stupid human can't ask, I am going to" his head slowly lowering to my neck, I could feel his uneven breath hit my sensitive skin, his lips lightly brushing my ear tingles numbing my nerves.

My breath stopped and my heart seemingly too.

"What is Alpha Arlen to you?" My eyes widden, Jake was speaking, he was so calm which made it more frightening knowing he is everything but calm right now.

"H-he is someone I knew from.. before ehm"

"Do you love him?-"

EW! HELL NAH!

"You are sending me on a wild chase where I can't help but wonder, what is he to you? You are ignoring him yet when you talk with him you look so nostalgic, at ease. He is right, he knows an Arian I never saw, he might know more about you than I ever will, which pisses me off more than you can imagine" he took in a sharp breath.

"You are mine, I want to know every damn detail about you, I don't want for any guy to have the idea, they are closer to you than I am"

His head raising slowly, ice blue eyes holding despair "I wish I could say that without feeling like I am the last human on earth to have these rights on you, I am so damn jealous and feel f*cking scared to lose you"

"Because I know...if you decide to leave me, I won't be able to bring you back to me, I lost that right after all I did"

"I know I sound like a p*ssy, if I am getting like this because of you I can live with it" he mumbled.

I was speechless.

Stunned.

I never thought... I would cause such a hurricane in him, by keeping the fact that Arlen is my brother, from him.

Am I a bad person if I am happy about it? That he I mean so much to him.

"Hey Jake?"

"Yes?"

"What did you mean by you are a man in love?" Just this small question and I will tell him.

It is impossible for me to not feel the visible shiver running down his spine, he was averting his eyes, his ears turning a colourful shade of red.

"You have been avoiding that topic ever since, I guess you didn't mean it" I pushed him catching him off guard.

I didn't go further than a step before he swiped me off my feet throwing mr over his shoulder.

"I did mean it"

My sly smirk growing into a full on smile.

"Did mean what?" I asked innocently. His hands tightened on my legs where he kept me stable, blancing to not fall off.

He let out a deep sigh, carefully he put me on my own feet, I wiped off my smile replacing it with a clueless pout.

"I..f*cking can't say it" he ruffled his hair fustrated. His cheeks taking a light shade of pink and red upon them.

"What can't you say?" I insisted.

He looked up almost praying to the moon goddess to be anywhere but here , he bent down, one hand resting on my back and the other lightly brushing my jaw, his face inches away from mine, the sparks stronger than ever.

"I love you"

He didn't break eye contact, he didn't look away.

If he wasn't inches away I would have thought that his eyes which are filled with pure admiration, are not directed at me.

Simply because I can't believe someone could look at me like he is.

So lovingly.

A stare full of adoration.

Even thought he said it once before, kind of, I didn't believe it, Dahlia could have lectured me for days I would not believe it unless he says it directly without any doubt.

And I am still overwhelmed.

"I didn't confess for you to cry"

Sweet soft lips woke me up from my daze, loose tears rolling down my cheeks, his lips firmly pressed on mine, hooded blue eys stared back at me.

His lips at a slow passionate pace, the moment I caught myself out of the cage his enchanting eyes put me in, he broke the kiss, leaning his forehead on my shoulder, his breath began to even.

"Don't look at me with those big silver eyes of yours, I am so tempted to break down every boundery I set with the promise I made"

I played with his midnight black hair hoping he can't hear my heart that right now is knocking on my ribcage asking for premission to escape.

The moment I return his words...I am asking for the agony I will live through when he is gone, but I did take that risk when I decided to stay by his side. I underestimated it, he is poking at emotions I wished to never encounter again, the more I am with him, the more it haunts me, the thought that this is just a temporary heaven.

I am afraid to watch again how another person I love slipps my hands, faling for death.

I want to give in to the bond, to the affection I feel towards him.

I am too complicated, I swear.

I guess he confessed what was on his mind, that was enough.

"Arlen.."

I took a shaky breath  "Arlen is my biological brother" I bit my lip holding a laugher, I want to see his face so bad.

I could escape this awkward situation with this.

He sprang up holding me by my shoulders, wide eyed.

"WHAT!"

"Arlen Blackburn is my brother, and he also is a Bookman, which might explain to you how a member of my family is alive"

He was utterly and truly dumbfounded, his jaw hanging wide open.

"You are telling me I made a scene confessing my jealousy...and he was your BROTHER!"

"Yep" I couldn't hold my laugher anymore and let my voice echo in the deserted path.

"I am honestly dumbstruck, this was the last thing I would have ever expected"

"This was punishment for avoiding my questions the last days" I hummed, walking forward.

And the times you made me jealous.

"Alpha Arlen is a Bookman...it does explain his non-existent fear of death"  he wondered to himself.

*************************

Heyyyy over 3000 words I hope this made up for the long wait :)

Do you think it is alright to forgive Jake?

More important, do you think it is okay for Jake to forgive himself ?

The three magical words hiuh will Arian be able to return those?

I am so happy that so many like the story, and wish for those two to live happy....
A little part of me feels bad for what I have planned to put them through hahaha :)

Phew I got that off my chest, well it is 4 am and I need sleep.

Comment

Vote

Share?

Enjoy

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

12.8M 451K 40
What if mates didn't exist? Instead, werewolves chose who they wanted to be mated to for the rest of their lives during a short period of time once a...
414K 7.7K 11
The world of the supernatural was kept from humans since the begin of time. there where so many different types of supernatural creatures, from werew...
3.1M 70.6K 43
To grow up in a world where female shifters are rare, being one is a big deal- and thats why Cassidy hides that she is one from the rest of the pack...
161K 4K 33
{rewritten version of Possessive Hearts} "Where do you think you're going?" He spoke. His big strong hands pinning me against the wall. The scent of...