[1] YOU FOUND ME ( gilbert bl...

By sameezyy

❝AS LONG AS YOU'RE WITH ME NOBODY CAN HURT YOU❞ in which a young girl with a unspeaka... More

ACT ONE ▹
01 | AVONLEA
02 | MEETING ANNE
04 | DUMB BLONDE
05 | NEARLY KILLED
06 | THE SPELLING BEE
07 | FORBIDDEN
08 | DON'T GET TOO CLOSE
09 | STANDING UP
10 | DRUNK PROBLEMS
11 | BACK TO YOU
12 | HORRIBLE MEMORIES
13 | WAKING UP
14 | BROKEN HEARTS
15 | YOU FOUND ME
16 | BYE, BYE, BILLY
17 | ANOTHER FAMILY
18 | GOODBYE, AVONLEA
ACT TWO ▹
19 | TAKING RISKS
20 | THE PARTY
21 | YOU'RE MY FAMILY
22 | DON'T LEAVE ME
23 | I HAVE A BAD IDEA
24 | THE BRITISH BOY
25 | ONE WAY TICKET TO HOME
26 | BACK TO YOU
27 | PROMISE
28 | AN INVITATION
29 | RETURN TO THE MANOR
AN | 100k!!
30 | THE ROYAL BALL: PART ONE
31 | THE ROYAL BALL: PART TWO
SEQUEL!

03 | NEW SCHOOL

44.3K 1.6K 4.9K
By sameezyy

03 | NEW SCHOOL

I WOULD BE LYING if I said I wasn't nervous for my first day at a new school. Sure, it was comforting that I had Diana with me to guide me along the way, but I couldn't help but wonder, what will it be like? My old school was nothing special, and I didn't have many close friends there. But here, it seems that everyone has their friend groups. So, I guess I'll just have to wait and see where I stand.

"Samantha! Let me see!" Diana called from outside of my room.

Diana had given me a few dresses because mine were out of style. The dress I had on now was a light violet color, with beautiful lace and puffed sleeves that looked absolutely gorgeous. I took one more quick glance at myself before I walked out of my room to meet Diana.

"You look amazing, Samantha!" Diana said, her mouth hanging open.

"Thank you," I said, smiling and grabbing my school book bag. "Shall we go?"

"Wait!" Diana said, jumping up. "One more thing."

I watched as Diana scurried back into her room and pulled out a long, silk, ribbon to put into my hair.

"Mind if I..?" Diana asked, holding up the ribbon.

"No, not at all." I said and smiled, turning around.

Diana tied the bow into my hair and turned me around, "Perfect."

There's that word again, perfect. How could something be perfect? I've always imagined how my perfect life would be, but my life is far from it.

"Let's go," She said and smiled. "We don't want to be late!"

It took about fifteen minutes to walk from the Barry house to the school. Once we arrived, I examined the small schoolhouse, and noticed that it looked about the same as my old school, only this one had more children. I watched as Diana immediately ran up to her friends that were standing inside, leaving me standing outside awkwardly.

I rolled my eyes and took a step forward, but was stopped by two hands pulling me aside by my waist.

"Woah," A tall boy said, smirking down at me. "I've never seen you here before. I'm Billy Andrews, what's your name?"

"S-Samantha Darling." I stuttered, looking up at him with slight fear in my eyes.

I knew this boy's intentions. I had problems with boys back in my old town, and it was not something I wanted to think about.

"Well, you are very pretty, Samantha Darling. Why don't I take you into that empty classroom so I can get to know you better?" Billy smirked.

"Let go of me." I spat, glaring at him while trying to release myself from his strong grip.

"Oh, feisty are we?" Billy said, smirking while his friends behind him laughed.

"Please, let go." I pleaded, causing him to laugh even more.

Just as he was about to leave with me, a boy came up from behind the group of boys and stepped in front of Billy, splitting him and I away from each other.

"Hey, is there a problem here?" The mysterious boy asked, putting his hand across from me making me feel safe.

"No, not at all." Billy said, smiling innocently. "Since when did you get back, Gilbert?"

"Since now," The boy said. "You wouldn't mind if I took this girl away from you, would you?"

"No, she's all yours." Billy said, tipping his hat and running into the classroom with his friends.

The boy, I'm guessing was the famous Gilbert Blythe, then opened the door for me, and we entered into the classroom together.

"Sorry about him, he's a real jerk." The boy said, examining me. "I've never seen you around before, what's your name?"

I looked around, and noticed Diana was shaking her head and pointing to a small girl, who was whimpering. The girl must be Ruby—she was the one who has a crush on Gilbert. I looked at Ruby and back up to Gilbert, who was waiting for my response. I didn't want to say this, but I knew I had to.

"I wish I could tell you," I said, looking into his hazel eyes. "But I must go."

I then walked over to one of the desks in the back of the room, and sank into my chair. Gilbert was about to say something, but the school bell interrupted him. He then sighed, and took a seat near the center of the classroom.

"What's your name?" The teacher, Mr. Phillips asked me.

"Samantha Darling, I'm new." I said, sitting up in my seat a little.

Gilbert smirked from his seat. He now knew my name. Great.

"That's obvious alright," He said, looking at me up and down while nodding his head. "Do you think you are qualified to meet our standards?"

"I think I am more than qualified." I said honestly, causing him to scowl.

"I can see you have found your seat next to Prissy Andrews," Mr. Phillips said, smirking over to the girl in a rather odd way. "Alright class! Take our your notebooks and memorize the dictation from yesterday."

"Samantha! Come here!" called Diana from inside an enclosed corner where all the girls sat.

I walked past the silk sheet and into the corner, where five girls sat. Me, Diana, Anne, and three other girls that looked slightly familiar.

"I saw that you had to sit next to Prissy Andrews," Diana said. "She's something alright."

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"Prissy thinks she is the queen bee because she is already studying for her entrance into Queens, the next level in education. Mr. Phillips has taken a certain liking for Prissy—" Diana started, but I cut her off.

"Wait, what? Isn't he an adult?" I asked in shock.

The girls nodded their heads, causing my eyes to widen.

"Samantha, you have already met Anne, but this is Ruby, Josie, and Tillie," Diana said, pointing to the three girls across from me. "Girls, this is my cousin, Samantha Darling."

"Hello, Samantha. You're awfully pretty." Josie said, while talking a bite of her apple.

"Um... thank you?" I said, the words forming into more of a question.

"Yeah, no wonder Gilbert wanted to know her name." Ruby said sadly, while crossing her arms.

"I never told him my name." I assured her, while she looked up at me with teary eyes. "I know you called dibs, I would never take him from you."

"Good." Ruby said, wiping her eyes. "Well, since you've proven yourself that you won't steal Gilbert from me, welcome. I'm sure we will be great friends."

Even though I hate to admit it, Gilbert intrigued me. He is the only boy I've ever known that has stood up for me before. I will have to keep an eye out on him. But I can't do much else—I want my new friends to like me, and I don't want to ruin it because of some stupid boy.

oh she will be keeping an eye on gilbert alright;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

246K 9.6K 47
"Come home some day." Gilbert Blythe has been away for almost two years. Upon his return to Avonlea, he finds that things have changed and there is a...
65.9K 1.3K 33
"Evelyn you will not talk to that girl. She is too much of a bad example for you." "But father you hardly know her if only you can-" "No Evelyn!" W...
118K 3.4K 22
{COMPLETED - UPDATED COVER MAY 2021} Following season 2, this story surrounds the relationship of Anne and Gilbert. Including cozy chapters breaking...
19K 991 30
"I'm sorry Gilbert I simply don't feel the same way." "Yes she does!" Added Diana. "Yes you do." Added everyone else.