Listen ~ One Piece x Reader

By piratequeend

We all need an escape from the real world, and games make it easy, but what happens when those games become a... More

Gold Fables
A Good day
Enter World of D
Odd
Gamer Paradise
Cute
Full Release
Black Blade
Old Friends

Stalker

2.2K 142 29
By piratequeend

When the darkness passes, you look at the wagon in ruin and the merchant dead. It was a gruesome scene to look at.

"Wasn't expecting that..." He mutters and the sound of hooves makes you look around.

"Time to run," You tell him, getting up and running into the forest. He runs beside you, looking back often.

"Who is it?" He asks.

"Just the pompous snarky head of the Guards." You respond but you both suddenly stop at a cliff. "Damn, I thought we could avoid the dungeon..." You mutter.

The pounding hooves come to a stop behind you both and you look back.

"You there! What have you done? Scoundrel!" The Head of the Guards booms.

"No matter what I say, we end up in jail don't we?" DeathShadow grumbles.

"Yep." You hum, deciding to turn yourself in.

Now you stood in the dungeon, pouting lightly. "Damn, I hate losing my gear." You mutter. Your partner was already searching for a way to escape. He was pretty quick about it, finding the lockpick and opening the door. "Our stuff should be in the closest chest." You tell him, following him out.

"Found it." He breathes opening it and going through it to get his things first. You do the same after him, pausing briefly.

"Hey, this enchanted sword isnt mine." You tell him, getting out of the chest so he can grab it.

"Alright, now lets see..." He goes past after retrieving the sword and going into the first room on the right. You smirk a bit as the sound of howls sound, soon being cut off. He comes back out to look at you. "... Really?" He huffs.

"More experience for you." You hum simply.

"You smirked when I went in there didn't you?" He sighs.

"Yes I did. So, ready to see what's behind door number two?"

"Do I want to?" He hums.

"It may be the way out." You respond. He goes to open the door at that, triggering an awkward cut scene. You scratch your cheek as a maiden only wearing a sheet runs past screaming.

"When I get stronger, my first kill, is going to be you." He says as you both hear guards coming. You calmly walk over to a wardrobe push it to the side to reveal a passageway.

"You wanna fight or do you want to get out of here?" You respond easily.

"I want to shot you less now..." He admits, going past.

"I'm glad you're coming around." You chuckle lightly as you both follow the passage underground.

"How did you even find this?" He questions.

"They spawn in the hallway and push you back into the room, and one knocks over the wardrobe during the fight... I died like twice on my first time through." You breathe.

"Sounds like a pain in the ass." He mutters.

"It was... Oh, thanks for the axe in Gold Fables." You hum.

"Don't mention it, I felt ridiculous carrying around a cute kitty pink axe..." He says.

"Hehe definitely would've clashed with your looks." You giggle.

"Exactly." He chuckles.

The passage soon turned into a cave where you and DeathShadow encounter the first of the demon soldiers. Your partner nearly died during the encounter but you were both able to escape, bursting out of the mine soon after.

"Alright, first town is down this ridge and dead ahead." You hum thoughtfully.

"Good, once we get there I have to get off, I got homework." He murmurs.

"Same, it was fun fighting with you." You smile.

"You too, I'll message you tomorrow so we can continue."

"Sounds good to me."

~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆

You sigh, rubbing your temples in an attempt to soothe your headache. This was an awful way to start a test day. "Damn..." You sigh, moving away from the crowds to sit alone in a quiet spot. You glance around, finding the closest person to you was Law. Your head throbs again and you sigh, curling up and leaning your head on your knees.

"Headache?" He inquires, making you crack an eye open. He doesn't look up from his notebook.

"Yep..." You sigh. He hums, still not looking up as he puts a hand on your head, rolling your head lightly, causing your neck to pop a few times. You blink in confusion but don't question anatomy genius. He soon stops before taking his water bottle and pressing it to the back of your neck. You gasp slightly tensing up. After a few moments he takes it away.

"You're now cured temporarily." He says in a monotone. "Lucky you." You blink at him a few times in just confused awe, that was weird but at least your headache was somewhat gone.

"... Thanks..." You murmur. He just nods, not looking up. Soon after that, the bell rings and you head to your first class of the day.

The test was easy thankfully, but during the break afterwards, you receive some unwanted attention.

"Hey ___." A whisper makes you look up to see Brena as she leans toward your desk with her friend. "Are you and Law going out?" She asks. Your eyebrow raises slightly.

"No..." You murmur with a question in your voice.

"Well it seemed like that this morning." She accuses.

"... No. He was helping me with a headache." You frown.

"Suuure..." She scoffs before she moves away. You sigh and rub your temple feeling your headache creeping back.

"Crazy stalker chick..." Someone mutters beside you. You look over to see the sleepy Zoro rubbing at his eyes. "Watch your back." He yawns.

"Great..." You scoff lightly.

Today was just tiresome it seemed, then lunch came around, which you decided to skip, finding a spot outside to sit and relax. 'I want to sleep for a thousand years...'

"Ugh, I have such a headache... Know anything that can help?" You hear Brena sniffle. You pause and peek around the corner to see Law sitting at one of the outside tables, with Brena invading his personal space.

"Don't know... Maybe if you stood in the corner away from everyone." He responds bluntly, not looking up.

"What... No, maybe a neck massage?" She presses. He was growing more annoyed.

"Stop acting like a child and leave me alone." He rumbles lowly, tossing her an icy look. She frowns, moving away from him at that. You duck out of sight at that.

'Zoro wasn't kidding...' You think, hearing her stomp off with a huff. Law sighs heavily and so do you. You get up and peer around the corner again. "You need anything for your headache?" You ask. Law glances up a brief smirk appearing on his lips.

"A rope probably." He shrugs slightly.

"That's a bit dark... And I don't carry around rope..." You breathe, slightly sheepish and nervous.

"I figured that..." He sighs lightly. "If only there was some way to make her disappear without it being illegal."

"If only..." You agree.

School was soon over, and you breathe a sigh of relief, itching to get home and hopefully talk to Mochi. You turn the corner to start for the main exit. Suddenly you're pushed against the lockers. Blinking in surprise, you meet Brena's glare.

"You think you're special dont you?" She questions with a growl.

"What? No..." You frown. She sneers and slams you against the locker again.

"Shut up!" She snaps, "You're a liar!" You grit your teeth, pain returning to your head. Suddenly she falls over, making you blink in surprise at Katakuri.

"Are you alright?" He inquires.

"... I am now." You offer a smile.

"Alright, lets get out of here." He says, leading you out of the building.

"Thanks Katakuri..." You murmur.

"No problem." He scratches the back of his head.

"So... How did you do that?" You ask him.

"Well... When you have as many troublesome siblings as me... You pick up some tricks." He shrugs slightly.

"Wow... How many siblings?" You ask curiously. He stops and looks at you for a moment.

"Many." He responds simply. You sweatdrop at that.

"Big family..." You murmur. He hums in agreement and silence falls over you both. It was oddly nice. You sigh lightly, rubbing your temple.

"Something wrong?" He asks.

"My headache is so much worse now..." You grumble.

"You should probably take a nap when you get home then." He murmurs.

"I probably will..." You sigh.

"Then I'll see you later ___."

You blink at the notification from World of D. "Early access..." You whisper and swiftly check to see who was online. As soon as you see the green circle next to Mochi's name you grin and message him.

'Mochi! I missed you!'

'Hey Daydream, I missed you too... You see the World of D notification?'

'Yes! Want to go check it out?'

'Definitely, see you soon.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.8K 1.2K 23
I wrote this in middle school so this isn't good like- at all. I'm so sorry in advance y'all LMAO You got stuck in the death game called SAO or Sword...
46.9K 1.1K 39
" It's ok Y/n you're safe..." " Leave me the fuck alone! You crazy son of a bitch!" " Ouch that hurt... but don't worry I know how to fix that..." I...
657 29 19
I was a normal girl just living my life, work, work and more work. Then it all changed when I met Marcus and I was introduced to a whole different li...
187K 6.5K 77
A 19 year old girl is suddenly reincarnated into a battlefield as a young baby within the world of One Piece. What is this new, unknown island around...