Aquaris

By shelbyyh

Emma Newfound had always grown up near the ocean. She loved the crystal clear water of Florida's coast. Emma'... More

Aquaris
Aquaris 2
Aquaris 3
Aquaris 4
Aquaris 5
Aquaris 6
Aquaris 7
Aquaris 8
Aquaris 9
Aquaris 10
Aquaris 11
Aquaris 12
Aquaris 13
Aquaris 14
Aquaris 15
Aquaris 16
Aquaris 17
Aquaris 18
Aquaris 19
Aquaris 20
Aquaris 21
Aquaris 22
Aquaris 23
Aquaris 24
Aquaris 25
Aquaris 27
Aquaris 28
Aquaris 29
Aquaris 30
Aquaris 31

Aquaris 26

29.8K 1.4K 577
By shelbyyh

"WAAAAAAKKEEYYY WAAAKKEEEYY FISHYY CAKKEEYY!!!" Axarion called in a high pitched voice.

I groaned and rolled over, ignoring the big loaf I was about to turn into a fish stick if he yelled once more.

All was quiet, so I silently hoped that meant he had left. But then I felt something... wet on my cheek. (Wetter than the water of course.)

I felt it again, and I sprung up, freaked out about what was on my face! "WHAT IS THAAAAT!?!?!?! WHAT IS ON MY FACE!?!?!" I screeched so loud I probably deafened half the city.

Axarion was laughing a few feet away. And I mean, ROFLAMAAMKC-ing!: Rolling On The Floor Laughing As Much As A Mermaid King Can.

Sorry I'm a white-mer. I know text talk.

His cackling made me want to shove a shark down his throat. But since there weren't any around to be seen, I just stuck to starring at him with disproval. "You still have yet to tell me what is still on my face."

Between laughs, he managed to say, "Look for yourself."

I awkwardly glanced down, trying to see my left cheek. Which wasn't too hard seeing there was a LONG BROWN FISH WITH EXTREMELY EMOTION-FILLED GIANT EYES STUCK WITH IT'S MOUTH TO MY FACE.

"AAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT OFF!!! GET IT OFF!!! GET IT OFFF!!!!!!!!" I screamed, causing the fish to get excited and start wiggling.

This of course only made Axarion laugh harder. I swear someday when I can get my hands on a shark....

"Axarion." I monotonly said.

"Y-yes?"

"Would you kindly get this creepy fish that is still starring at me, off on my face... BEFORE I STAB YOU WITH A SWORDFISH!?!?!?!?!?!"

His eyes slightly widened. "Alright alright. No need to get feisty."

I scowl. "There's a fish on my face."

"I know." He winks and comes over to pry it off me.

The fish gently releases and swims around my head.

"Uhh.. What is it doing?..." I question.

Axarion chuckles. "He's a very loyal breed. I think he likes you."

I roll my eyes. "Oh great. Just what I need. A creepy pair of eyes that are gonna watch me sleep at night and suck my face. Sounds like a stalker boyfriend."

"Nah, boyfriends bring the girl food. This little guy will only poop in your room."

"Well this just keeps getting better and better." I sighed. "What type of fish is this anyway?"

"Dogfish."

"Ohh. That explains those eyes. And the obsession with face licking- or... sucking."

"That it does. So ya wanna keep em?" Axarion smiled.

I look over at the dogfish intently. His eyes do give him something about him... Something that makes him look rather cute actually. "Hmm.... I guess. Maybe I can train him to not suck my face."

Axarion laughed. "That'll be the day. If you can accomplish that, you can do anything."

"I'll let you know when I succeed." I said in all seriousness.

He looked me in the eyes and shook his head unbelievingly.

"Uuh.. Uuuuuahh. Wurt's wif all dis noiz?... I'm aaahuu aal..." A muffled voice was heard from behind us somewhere.

I looked around and didn't see anyone. Suddenly a messy haired head rose from behind my bed.

Oooh right. I almost forgot Quesia and I had a sleepover!

"Soo... Did I hear something about breakfast?" She asked.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*******************************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"PAY ATTENTION AQUEMA!"

I swiveled my head around just in time to see a pinkish spear heading right past my head. I barely had a second to move out of the way of the flying weapon.

"Do you want to get your head chopped off!!!?" Quesia rushed up to me freaking out. "You must pay attention during training!"

"Sorry! Sorry! I'm trying! I'm just sooo flippin tired." I replied, trying not to yawn.

She softened up a bit. "I know. I am too. We really shouldn't have stayed up so late. But we've got to train. It's very important Aquema. Please bear with me. The sooner we get done the sooner we can go back to sleep."

I nod and get back into position. I closed my eyes and listened for the slightest whisper through the water. When I heard the light friction between the spear and the water, I timed it as to when it would be near me. When I knew it was within two feet, I spun to the left while whipping my tail up just in time to meet the length of the spear and fling it off track without getting stabbed.

"Great! That was perfect!" Quesia praised. "Do you think you've got the whole, listening to the water thing?"

"Yeah I think I got it."

"Good. Now, we practice it in a noisy area."

Ugh. I can already tell this is going to be a long day. All I want right now is to be sleeping peacefully on my bed and not worry about training or any thing that involves me putting in the slightest bit of energy. But Quesia's right. The sooner training is over, the sooner I get to go back to Fluffy. (Yes I did indeed name my bed Fluffy. Judge me.)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*************************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"How'd training go?" Axarion's voice floated up behind me as I made my way to my room.

"Great. Wonderful. Awesome. I have so much energy and I'm so excited about training. I totally remember everything I learned today." I grumbled very sarcastically. I'm practically dead. There's no guarantee I make it all the way to my room without falling flat on my face on the floor, asleep.

He chuckled. "That bad huh? Once you get some rest you'll feel better."

"I hope so. I want to sleep all day today. And tomorrow. And the next day. And the next. And the one after that. And possibly one more. Then I'll go to bed."

"Ahaa I wish I could do that without the whole city falling apart. Being king has it's downfalls. Well I'll letcha get to that long, busy schedule you have planned out. See ya later Aquema." He smiled sweetly at me and swam away. It was just then that I noticed we had reached my room. I went in the doorway and fell flat on my bed. Goodbye for the next few days sweet, cruel world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hai.
I have reasons I couldn't update. I haven't abandoned you, or this book, don't worry! I've been super busy with school and literally do it from the minute I wake up to the time I go to bed. And I had standardized tests this past Monday and Tuesday. That was a lot to prepare for. (Quick shoutout to my mother for making me memorize 70 words that were supposed to be on the test BUT NOT ONE SINGLE ONE WAS!!!!!!!!) ehemmm.. And on top of that, my G-rents are visiting, and my gma says it's 'illegal' to be on electronics while she's here... Well, lucky for y'all, IMMA REBEEL. HAHAHA SWAAAG. Oops. Uh. Yeah, so there's a lot of stuff goin on right now. Juss please bear with me!

And I honestly want to say thank you so so so so much to all of you who post nice sweet comments!! :) I try to read them all and respond to as much as I can. I seriously love y'all. And to those who leave hate -----> TALK TO THE TAIL. }€ 🐳🐬🐋

OH MY FISSHYY. 1000 OF YALL ARE FOLLOWING ME! I FEEL SO LOVED!! THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU THAT HELPED ME GET THAT FAR! :) LETS SEE IF WE CAN MAKE IT GRROOOW LIKE A LITTE FISHY TALE BLOSSOMING INTO A WOPPING WHALE TAIL

ahaha I LOVVVE YOU MY FISH PEOPLE <3

Pleasee..

FOLLER
COMERNT
VERT

-Go4girl

Follow my insta! @ shelby_higgs

Btw, special awesomeness for anyone who can help me here: Do any of you know if you can change your username on here? If so, how?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.7K 2.3K 47
Brianna grew up in Atlanta and didn't want her life to be anywhere else. That's until her best friend Sammi forces her to go on a summer trip to Cali...
371 13 12
Emma has known she would be chosen her whole life. But she's different from everyone else. She wants to go outside. Will she live up to the expectati...
4.4K 244 28
Acacia never knew why she loved the air and sea so much, but she soon finds out and she needs a lot of help along the way. Will everyone support her.
23 0 5
In a captivating tale, a young girl is mysteriously transported to a fantastical realm while pursuing what she believes to be her mother's beckoning...