Love...in Time

By cristina4488

The pain of losing the one you thought you loved, of losing yourself because of love and the trials of gettin... More

Love...in Time
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Chance Encounter
Chapter 2 - Boracay
Chapter 4 - Friendship
Chapter 5 - Sweet Gestures
Chapter 6 - Treasured Moment
Chapter 7 - Mother's Knows Best
Chapter 8 - Hidden Confession
Chapter 9 - The Dinner
Chapter 10 - JanDy
Chapter 11 - Thinking of You
Chapter 12 - Getting Closer
Chapter 13 - A Very Merry Christmas
Chapter 14 - New Year, New Beginning
Chapter 15 - Broken Wing
Chapter 16 - Goodnight Hug
Chapter 17 - Waiting
Chapter 18 - Dazed and Confused
Chapter 19 - Sweet Jealousy
Chapter 20 - Flowers
Chapter 21 - Heartbreaking Episodes
Chapter 22 - Trouble in Paradise
Author's Note
Chapter 23 - Third Times The Charm
Chapter 24 - Its Almost Time
Chapter 25 - The Way to Start the Dragon Year
Chapter 26 - The End Marks The Beginning
Chapter 27 - Getting to Know You, Getting to Know All About You

Chapter 3 - Fate

3.8K 31 13
By cristina4488

“Grabe! Kahit nakakapagod nag enjoy naman ako sa vacation natin,” Sue and Marga were having coffee and tiramisu at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf in Makati. They got back from Boracay that morning and after they dropped off their things in their respective houses then head off to have a late snack.  Kaye decided not to go since she has so much to do after leaving her house in total disarray.

“I know! We really needed that vacation,” Marga agreed with Sue. “Bes, natutuwa ako. Iba talaga ang aura mo ngayon. Maaliwalas ang mukha mo and ung smile and tawa mo umaabot na sa mga mata mo.”

“Salamat mahfriend! Magaan na pakiramdam ko ngayon. Alam mo ung feeling na nahanap mo na ulit ung sarili mo? Ung nadiscover mo na ung mundo umiikot pala sa maraming tao at kasama ko dun sa iniikutan? Hindi lang pala sa isang tao umiikot un.”

“I’m really happy for you. At least meron ka na ngayon self confidence.”

“I know right? Naging independent na ko and marunong na ko magdecide for myself. Salamat talaga mahfriend ha. Di nyo ko iniwan nila Matt and Kaye.”

“Ano ba? Syempre walang iwanan noh,” Marga said and she held Sue’s hand, “Basta friend, mahalin mo din ang sarili mo. Wag puro ibang tao kasi mauubos ka pag ginawa mo yon.”

“Uu nga eh. Ngayon I love myself na ang motto ko hehehe. Pero syempre di pwedeng take for granted ko ang nasa paligid ko. Basta hindi lang ako magiging dependent. Mamahalin ko naman ang sarili ko.”

“That’s good Bes! I’m proud of you,” Marga told Sue. “Maiba ako ng usapan, okay naman ung Alex na friend ni Matt right?”

“Huh? Bakit mo naman naitanong?” Sue was surprised that his name was brought up. She didn’t think that he’d make an impression on her friends. He was usually quiet during their vacation and he would only talk when spoken to.

“Wala. Naisip ko kasi masaya naman syang kasama. Medyo quiet pero siguro nangangapa lang. I was thinking na isama natin sya sa group natin pag lumalabas. Para may kasama si Matt na lalaki din. Lagi na lang natin kasing pinagkakampihan si Matt noh. Kawawa naman ung Hon ko,” Marga said as she observed Sue’s expression.

Marga wanted to see how Sue would react when she mentioned Alex’s name. They were still trying to figure out how Sue felt about Alex but did not want to rush or pressure her friend. As expected, there was something that lit up in Sue’s eyes at the mention of his name but her expression was that of surprise, especially when Marga suggested that they let Alex join their group.

“Okay naman sya pero kala ko di nyo masyado feel kasi nga tahimik lang,” Sue told Marga. She felt suddenly warm at the mention of his name but she thought it might be because of the weather and that they were drinking hot coffee. She quickly dismissed the feeling without giving it another thought.

“Hindi okay naman sya. Lalo na nung nag-inuman kami sa room. Sayang kasi tulog na tulog ka eh.”

“Pagod lang siguro kasi nauna ko magising sa inyo di ba? Tumakbo pa kami tapos dami natin activities.”

“Teka, teka. Tumakbo kayo? Ni Alex?” Marga was surprised. Sue had kept to herself since she and Jeremy broke up. She claimed it was because she wanted to be independent. This bit of information was news to her.

“Yep. Kasi maaga nga ko nagigising tapos gusto ko tumakbo sa beach para makita ko ung sunrise. Nagkataon na routine din pala nya ang mag-early morning jog. Ayun sabay kami.”

“Yun lang? Bes, di ba BFF tayo? Bakit di mo nakwento toh? May, uhm, something ba kayo?”

“Hoy! Wala noh! Nagkataon lang yon. Pero aminin ko sa yo bes, ang gaan ng feeling ko sa kanya. Alam mo naikwento ko nga yung about sa min ni Jeremy sa kanya. Parang mapagkakatiwalaan kasi sya.”

“Di nga? Naku bes ikaw ha. May gusto ka sa kanya noh?”

“Wala! Magaan lang ang feeling ko sa kanya. Kaya nga okay lang na isama natin sya sa group gimiks natin dahil masaya naman syang kasama kahit tatahitahimik.”

“Ah ok. Sige maganda nga yan. Para di OP si Matt palagi sa tin,” Marga jested. Mukhang may something talaga. Siguro di pa lang nila alam. Pero for her to open up to Alex, ibig sabihin may connection talaga.

“Hay mahfriend, kawawa talaga yan bf mo sa tin. Kaya next time sama nyo na si Alex para may kausap man lang sya. Anyways, pahinga na tayo at maaga pa ko bukas makipag meet kay Ate Mel. Tapos may photo shoot pako para sa Bench.”

“O sige. Let’s go. Basta bes, andito lang kami ha? We’re really happy na okay ka na and happy pa.” Marga hugged Sue and then they went their separate ways.

It was a bright Monday morning. The sun was already up and although it was still early, the temperature is already rising. Summer in the Philippines means extreme heat wave. Today is Alex and Matt’s look test. They still have no idea what its for but Alex was hoping that this is the break he’s been waiting for. If not, well, he’d still wait. They were seated at the lobby of ABS-CBN’s studio. Alex was with Kat dela Cuesta, his manager, and Matt was there, too, with his manager Gigi Dingcong.

“Ate Kat, have you found out what this look test is for?” Alex asked his manager.

“Wala kasi silang info na binigay pa. Hindi pa kasi nagkakaroon ng story con kaya wala din kaming idea, di ba Gigi?” Kat answered and referred to Matt’s manager.

“Oo nga. Parang gusto nila makahanap muna ng cast members bago mag story con. Kakaiba lang ang style nila dito ha.” Gigi said.

“Uy, di ba si JC yon? JC Revilla? Kasama din sya sa natawag oh.” Matt pointed at the guy that was just walking through the door. He was built but not that lean, tanned, and average height. Compared to Alex and Matt’s fair skin, lean built and above average height, Alex of course does not fall in the average category since he’s towering 6’2”, the more confused they are as to what the producers were looking for exactly.

“Mr. Alex Lim? It’s your turn,” called one of the PA as she peeked through the studio door.

“Coming,” Alex said and got up to take the look test.

Inside the studio, Alex saw that it was the director, scriptwriter and producer that were going to decide. He was asked to pose for the camera. After a few shots, they gave him a piece of paper with a few lines. He was asked to deliver the line with three different emotions: angry, in love, and happy. After that, he was asked to leave and told him that he will be hearing from them if he got the part or not by late that afternoon.

Matt was called in next. He was asked to do the same thing as Alex and was also given the same instructions. When he was finished, he found Alex waiting for him at the lobby.

“How was it bro?” Alex asked him as soon as he got out.

“Okay naman. Medyo weird lang. Kasi parang may hinahanap sila,” Matt answered. They began walking out of the studio.

“I know. I wonder what this is really about. I think it would have been easier if we at least had an idea what they want right?”

“Yeah, bro, but we don’t call the shots. So you got plans?”

“Not really. This was the only thing scheduled for me today coz we thought it was gonna take the whole day.”

“Well, do you wanna grab a bite to eat then head off to the gym? I don’t wanna just sit and wait for the results you know.”

“Yeah why not? I need to work out anyways.”

With that both of them headed off to Subaru’s, a tiny bar and grill just at the side of ABS-CBN. It wasn’t a fancy restaurant but they did have good food. They placed their order of beef salpicao, mushroom adobados and cheese sticks for appetizers plus diet coke for their drinks. Just then, Matt got a call from Marga.

“Excuse me Alex, si Marga tong tumatawag eh. I’ll be right back,” Matt said as he got up from the table and stepped out of Alex’s earshot. “Hi Hon! Napatawag ka?”

“Hi Hon! Kakamustahin ko lang ung look test. Nakuha ka ba?” Marga asked her boyfriend.

“Mamaya pa daw naming malalaman.”

“Namin? Sino kasama mo?”

“Si Alex. Di ba meron din syang look test? Iisa lang pala un. Eto andito kami sa Subarus kumakain tapos mag gym kami habang naghihintay.”

“Ah okay. Hon, talagang may something. Kasi kagabi tinanong ko si Sue about Alex and may spark sa mga mata nya. Tsaka sabi nya magaan daw feeling nya kay Alex. Check mo naman si Alex kung pareho din.”

“Naku Hon, wag na natin pakialaman yan. Hayaan natin silang dalawa.”

“Observe lang naman. Di naman natin sila itutulak sa isa’t isa noh. Syempre inaalagaan ko din bes ko. Iba lang kasi ang pakiramdam ko sa kanilang dalawa. Pleeeeeaaase hon? For me?” Marga said in a sweet voice.

“Hay, pag ganyan naman kalambing ang nakikiusap eh matatanggihan ko pa ba?”

“Yes! I love you hon. Tingnan mo lang reaction nya pag binanggit mo name ni Sue. Tapos ask mo sya kung gusto nya magjoin sa tin pag may lakad tayo. Sabihin mo na lagi ka na lang kasing OP dahil ikaw lang ang lalaki don.”

“Okay sige. Observe lang toh hon ha? Walang match-making.”

“Promise hon. Observe lang talaga.”

“Okay, malakas ka talaga sa kin eh. Balik na ko hon ha? I love you.”

“I love you, too, hon.”

Matt hung up the phone and went back in. There’s no harm in observing right? Besides, I’m curious too. Might as well feed my curiosity, he thought to himself as he sat down in front of Alex.

“What’s up?” Alex asked him when he returned.

“Nothing. Marga just wanted to know how the look test went.”

“Oh. She’s a great girl bro. You’re really lucky.”

“I know. Kaya nga talagang I’m working hard to be the best so I can be perfect for her. Di na pwede ung pagiging immature noh.”

“The being the best part, I will not contradict. But you? Act mature? That’ll be the day man,” Alex said laughing.

“Geez! Thanks a lot man!”

“Just kidding Matt!”

“Whatever bro! Anyways, do you think we passed the test?”

“I really don’t know since we have no idea what it’s for.”

“I guess you’re right. So, how do you find my friends?”

“Huh? Oh, they’re cool. They’re really nice. Tell them I said thanks ha? I really had fun in Boracay with you guys. Beats being alone.”

“Yeah, I know what you mean. That’s why we decided to take that vacation and para makapag-enjoy naman si Sue,” Matt said looking at Alex’s face when he mentioned Sue’s name. It didn’t escape him that Alex’s eyes lit up at the sound of Sue’s name, although his expression remained the same. Mukhang tama si Marga. There seems to be a connection between the two of them. Just don’t know what kind of connection though.

“Bakit bro? Does she have a problem?” Alex asked.

“Di naman ganoon. She’s just been through a lot this past year and a half. Sabi mo nga she told you di ba? So we wanted to take her out and just have fun.”

“Ah, okay. Yeah, she mentioned it. But she seems to be over it naman. She looked happy when we were in Boracay.”

Aha! Matt thought, pinapansin mo pala. Mukhang may gusto ka kay Sue. “Yeah, that’s why we were all happy na okay na sya and masaya. She’s a really good friend.”

“Yeah she seems nice. She’s so easy to talk to. Down-to-earth pa for a famous actress.”

Just then, their food arrived so they ate and talked about cars and basketball and their past projects. When they were done eating, they headed off to the gym at ABS-CBN. They each had their earbuds on listening to their own music so they didn’t get a chance to talk anymore. When they finished their workout, they showered and got dressed and headed down to their cars. Just then, their phone rang at the same time.

“Alex!!! You got the part! Direk Eric just called me and said to tell you that there will be a story con tomorrow at 10am. They expect you to be there and they will give you the details of the show then,” Kat said on the other end of the line.

“Really??!! Yes! Thank you so much ate Kat! You’re the best manager!!!” Alex exclaimed.

“O sige na. Magpahinga ka na para fresh ka bukas sa story con.” With that, Alex ended his call.

“Matt!!! You’re in!” Gigi told Matt, “Be at the story con tomorrow at 10 am and they will give you the details of the story. Congrats!!!”

“Naku! Salamat ate Gigi. Sana maganda ung part ko. I’ll be there tomorrow. Will you meet me there?”

“Yep. I’ll meet you at the lobby para sabay na tayong umakyat at pumasok sa story con.” Matt ended the call and faced Alex.

“Pare I got the part and judging by the smile on your face you did too!” Matt said to Alex.

“Yep! I’m so glad we’re both in it. At least I won’t feel left out or out of place.”

“Well, we better head on home para fresh tayo bukas.”

They said their goodbyes and headed on home. The following day, they arrived at ABS-CBN early and then went up to the conference room where the story con was to be held.

“Sue! Andito ka din?!” Matt greeted Sue and gave her a big hug.

“Yep. Ito kasi ung bagong serye na binigay nila sa kin. Ikaw din?” Sue asked Matt. Then she saw Alex who was standing behind Matt. For some reason, a warm feeling came over her but she ignored it thinking that it was just again, the summer heat.

“Hi Sue. Wow! We’ll all be working together? What a coincidence right?” Alex said as he greeted Sue. He felt relieved that she was the lead actress in the series that he just got accepted to. Probably because I already know her and Matt is also with me, Alex analyzed himself.

“Okay everyone, please take a seat para mapagusapan na natin ang project na to,” Direk Eric told them. “Firstly, magpakilala na kayo sa isa’t isa para naman alam nyo kung sino ang makakatrabaho nyo.”

The cast members greeted each other. JC Revilla was also casted and they all introduced themselves to one another.

“The series will be called My Binondo Girl. Si Sue ang lead natin and she will be playing a dual role here. Alex, Matt, and JC, kayo ang magiging leading man ni Sue.”

“Tatlo ang leading man ko?” Sue asked the director.

“Oo. Kasi di pa naming alam kung paano tatanggapin ng audience ang bagong makaka tandem mo kaya tatlo sila. Pero kung babasahin mo ung script, ang talagang leading man mo ay si JC but again we’ll have to see,” the director explained. “Nasa harap nyo ang mga script. I want you to memorize and practice your lines as soon as possible. Next week tayo mag start ng taping. Nandyan na din sa folder nyo ang time and place ng shooting kaya make sure na handa kayo.”

Alex was ecstatic! He got a lead role! This may be his big break. To top it off, Sue is the leading lady. He was really excited to be working with her.

“Congrats Matt! Congrats JC! Congrats Sue! We all got leading roles,” Alex shook each of their hands. As his hand touched Sue’s, he felt another jolt of electricity pass through his hand to his arm. He flinched his hand away, surprised at the feeling he got from touching her. Weird. Why is there always static when we touch?

“Salamat. Congrats din sa yo.” Sue also felt the shock and flinched away.

Matt who was observing them saw that momentary chemistry that passed between his two friends. He just smiled and kept to himself. Mukhang madami akong oobserbahan sa taping.

“Well, that’s it. Please memorize nyo ang mga lines nyo at kung pwede kayong mag-read through with each other or sa PA gawin nyo para hindi tayo maabala sa taping.” That ended the story con and they all left.

Exciting tong series na to. Pero hindi dahil sa story ng script. Mukhang may background story na mangyayari. Matt thought to himself as he left ABS-CBN. I can’t wait na makitang mag-unfold ang love story na to.

*******************************************************************

I hope you like this chapter. Please leave your comments and suggestions so I know how you find it. Thank you for reading. :-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27 2 16
"Life is too short, so make each moment count." Do you have the power to scribe the fate of yourself? Do you have the courage to face everything from...
54 3 15
They say time heals every wound. But trauma lingers even after the wound is healed. Life is a journey. It is not every time filled with sweets and ro...
48.7K 1.6K 37
I would like to thank @BismaArmy For the idea of this amazing story When I was making "love me too" new name "A little love" 🥇𝙞𝙣 #𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙡𝙞�...
149K 4.8K 46
Please note that everything I write in here, Is fiction. It is not real. ******************* ❗️WARNING: self harm ❗️ Pain Sadness Anger Regret That...