I Like Your Shoes | ✓

By sivaniy

"Sometimes, we are so smitten with happy endings, that we believe we'll end up with one too." Ambrosia Bellem... More

a u t h o r ' s n o t e
d e d i c a t i o n
P r o l o g u e
Chapter 1 | Germs Hate the Dark
In Transit | A Letter From Hades
Chapter 2 | How to Evade your Mother
Chapter 3 | A Romantic I'm Not
Chapter 4.2 | A Stormy Mind
Chapter 5 | Pink Paint and Green Eyes
Chapter 6 | Zero Progress
Chapter 7 | Nightmares and Sunset Rum
Chapter 8 | Wherefore Art Thou, Romeo?
Chapter 9 | I Condemn Women to Hell
Chapter 10 | Sounds Like a Plan
Chapter 11 | Cross my Lung and Hope to Die
Chapter 12.1 | Truth, Sharpie and a Timer
Chapter 12.2 | Bare Feet, Lost Shoes
Chapter 13 | A Troll, An Alien
Chapter 14 | I'm a Barbie Girl in the Barbie World
Chapter 15 | What are the Odds?
Chapter 16 | Beam at Me
Chapter 17 | Yoga, Cookies and the Dark
Chapter 18 | Come into the Light
Chapter 19 | The Woof Woof Talk
Chapter 20 | Stuffed Crust Pizza
Chapter 21 | The Hobo in Shinchan Pajamas
Chapter 22 | Men's Clothes and A Pretty Dress
Chapter 23 | She Looks Like A Disco Ball
Chapter 24.1 | Walk Straight Like You don't give A Damn
Chapter 24.2 | The Werewolf Loves me but I Love the Vampire
Chapter 24.3 | The Nerd to my Bad Boy
Chapter 25 | A Call from the Devil
Chapter 26 | You aren't the One I Came Here to See
Chapter 27 | Churned your Heart Like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Waterfall
Chapter 28 | What Would You Call Something that's Brown and Sticky?
Chapter 29 | He Looks at You Differently
Chapter 30 | A Table For Two
Chapter 31 | The Cobra Strikes Back
Chapter 32 | There Was Some Chocolate On Your Lip
Chapter 33 | Grizzlies and Pansies
Chapter 34 | An Audience With the Dark Lord
Chapter 35 | Cupid Screwed Up
Chapter 36 | Who Are You When No One's Looking?
Chapter 37 | Ed Sheeran Wouldn't Treat Me This Way
Chapter 38 | Time For Murder, Er, Dancing
Chapter 39 | Who's The Kidnapper Again?
Chapter 40 | May I Have The Honour Of This Dance?
Chapter 41 | We're Amazing and Wonderful and Cool
Chapter 42 | Mr Cadwallader Vs The Balloons
Chapter 43 | The SWAG Pendant Guy
Chapter 44 | You Should Say Yes
Chapter 45 | It's a Fine, Fine Day
Chapter 46 | Love Sick and Hanging
Chapter 47 | Attack on The Cobra
Chapter 48 | Dogs And Dates
Chapter 49 | Just So You Know
Chapter 50.1| Wedding Invitations
Chapter 50.2 | Vows, Promises and Tears
Chapter 51| Unmarried and Unpregnant
Chapter 52 | Always In Love
e p i l o g u e
a u t h o r ' s n o t e

Chapter 4.1 | A Dizzy Mind

14K 604 58
By sivaniy

[Ambrosia Bellemore]

I wake up to the shrill ring of Beyoncé pouring her heart out into to my oversensitive ear. Reminding myself to change my alarm tone the first chance I get, I allow myself another small nap. My head hurt like someone had hammered nails all over it.

"Ambrosia! Wake up! Your flight's in an hour!" I hear Neave shrieking from downstairs a few seconds later. I glance at my clock.

7:30 a.m.

"OHMYGODOHMYGOD!" I shriek and jump out of my bed, dash into my bathroom, squeeze out the toothpaste onto my brush and plunge it into my mouth. I don't even feel the dizziness that I knew was lurking for an opportunity to resurface.

A few minutes later, I'm once again a clean and presentable woman, but with huge bags under my eyes. Taking a huge breath, I walk downstairs with my luggage, stumbling with every step.

Mr Cadwallader starts barking when he catches sight of me and I go down on my knees to pet him. He gives me a gigantic lick and I laugh, rubbing his belly until he's on his back on the floor, howling.

"I'll miss you so much, my man." I purr, giving him a sloppy kiss on the forehead. He barks once, looking at me with his melted chocolate eyes. I feel my eyes water.

I get up before I could cry and slump on the dining table.

"Eat." Neave orders and I comply. The bacon and eggs are gone within seconds.

"Where's mother?" I ask, chugging on my OJ. The dizziness dulls for a while, but it still feels like a swarm of bees have made it their home.

"She had an emergency at the hospital. I'll be joining her soon." She says, absentminded.

I nod. My mother and sister had been born to become doctors, it was almost evident in their dark eyes and hair. I was almost identical to my father. With the light blonde hair and pale blue eyes with swirls of grey and a generous body, I looked nothing like my hour glass bodied mother.

They caught the attention of the crowd the moment they made an appearance, I wouldn't catch the attention of the people even if I sang 'Staying alive' at the top of my voice.

And believe me, I've tried.

"Are you okay, Am?" My attention snaps back to her.

"Yeah." I say sheepishly.

"Are you nervous about New York?"

"Maybe a little, yeah." I admit.

"But you've always dreamt of this! Imagine having a new life, a new start." She encourages.

"I know. It's overwhelming."

"Just go, Am. Live it all."

"I will, Nene. I'll miss you." I say genuinely.

"Me too. But we'll see each other soon. At my wedding." A small smile creeps up her lips.

"Why are you smiling all of a sudden?" I ask.

"I'll be having my wedding in New York, Am! Mother gave us her permission!" She gushes all of a sudden. My nervousness turns into erratic fear. I knew why she was doing this.

'No escape.' I can almost hear her sneering at me. And there goes my plan of calling in sick.

"Are you serious?"

"Oh my God, are you happy?"

"I'm delirious with joy!" I say in a pained voice, and she gives me a huge hug.

"Okay, I should be leaving now. I'll call you when I get there. Take care of Mr Cadwallader. Bye!" I say hurriedly and rush out of the door, not even bothering to say goodbye to her.

I see Caecelia waving at me when I reach the airport.

"You're late." She barks.

"I know. It was the party last night."

"Warned you not to drink too much."

"Doesn't matter now. I can be dizzy when I'm on the plane."

"Okay, go! Call me when you get there!"

"Will do!"

And I rush into the airport, the words,'Man, late flight, boyfriend, marriage, New York, Achorn, Mother, hangover, headache, love' all rattle inside my head.

~•~

Hey there!

I know this is a sorry excuse of a chapter, but there's been a lot on my mind lately. I'm working currently on another book, called 'One Way Glass' and since I've worked so hard on it, here's a sneak peek and the wonderful cover made by chrmar04. ❤

An extract:

"My name is Elizabeth Rivers. I am nineteen years old. I lived in Alaska before the surge hit. I've been here in California ever since."

"Very good. Don't stutter when you speak. Remember, no one's going to hurt you." The doctor, Sutton advices with a small smile. The other doctor, Hugo de Vries snorts.

I take a small shaky breath through my mouth. After weeks of tests, and personality exercises and what not to prepare myself for what's outside, the doctor was convinced that I wasn't ready yet. I look at my reflection in the huge mirror facing me. My dark red hair falls in clumps down my shoulders, courtesy to my dislike for showers, and my huge golden eyes stare back at me with apprehension.

Are you really who they say you are?

"What would you say if they ask you where your parents are?" Dr Sutton's voice snaps me out of my reverie. I focus on his friendly face, unlike his companion, he has been cooperative, and I don't see a pinch of dishonesty in his features.

What reason could they have of lying to me?

"I'll tell them that my father died serving the army before the harmful chemicals spread out into the atmosphere. My mother succumbed almost immediately to the disease."

The same reason why they keep you locked in.

"And you, how did you survive?" For the first time, Dr Hugo acknowledges my presence. I immediately start to panic, because that was a question I wasn't prepared for. I rack my brain for something, anything.

"Hugo." Dr Sutton warns.

"What? Isn't that something people might ask her?"

"No." Turning his attention to me, he places his hand on mine, comforting me. "When someone asks how you survived the Surge, tell them you don't remember." Dr Sutton says, and they leave through the small back door, locking it behind them, leaving me alone in the same white drab room, with the same white drab walls, and the same white rose that was replaced everyday.

How did I survive the Surge?

☆☆☆

How was it? I'm currently on it's third chapter, so it will be a while before I publish it. Do check it out when I do, though!

Until next chapter then!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 2.1K 62
It isn't by chance that each time I step out of my house the disaster police takes a toll on me. It isn't by chance that every loose pin decides to t...
16.7K 333 13
Fairy tales........ Stories built on tragic love and death in order to create a happy ending for those truly deserving of it What is a happy ending? ...
1.5K 410 23
Kc was a 19-year-old girl desperate to find love...she wasn't rich, famous, or beautiful...but she had a heart of gold...one day while she was out w...
182 33 18
What if dreams really could come true? What if fairy tales could come true? And you will become their main character? Once a girl named Aislinn had a...