The New Girl //COMPLETED//

By queenofheartsxo

Then a boy steps out from the crowd, standing between me and the office. He looks to be the same age as me an... More

Chapter 1//Demons in the past
Chapter 2//Insistent imbeciles
Chapter 3//The woods
Chapter 4//making a statement
Chapter 5//the dark side
Chapter 6//The bitchy kind..
Chapter 7//The truth hurts
Chapter 8//Ashley's boyfriend
Chapter 9// In the moonlight
Chapter 10// Prison bars
Chapter 11//Temptations
Chapter 12//Netflix is my boyfriend
Chapter 13//The Alpha
Chapter 14//The hunters
Chapters 15// Whispers in the wind
Chapter 16//The great escape
Chapter 17//My alpha
Chapter 19// Without You
Chapter 20//The light at the end of the tunnel
Chapter 21//This moment
AUTHOR MESSAGE
Chapter 22//Finding normal
Chapter 23//Nightmares
Chapter 24//The ice inside
Author note: not a chapter please read anyway
Chapter 25//Rocky hills
Chapter 26//Out of the woods... I think
Chapter 27//Boring politics part 1
Chapter 28// Boring politics part 2
Chapter 29//Destructive hatred
A/N: a contest so plz read anyway
Winners of contest
Chapter 30// Our future, together
New book/Sequel discussion
NEW Book trailer
New cover and books
Aesthetics release!

Chapter 18//Into the woods

8.8K 371 47
By queenofheartsxo

^^a song to listen to, comment if you love it as much as I do!

Last update for the week, until the coming Friday (in Australia). I hope you enjoy and have mentally prepared yourself for the drama to come ; )
xoxo

Ella's POV

I don't know what is happening to me, but I can sense that something is different. Suddenly all of my emotions are heightened and I have a feeling that it means something.

I don't know what happened back at the hunters camp except that the flames I thought were only inside of me, where actually outside of me. It was as if my emotions had taken on an exterior form. Now that I think about it, maybe since I was angry the flames represented that anger. But that leaves the question, what will all of my other emotions look like?

After hours of walking through the forest with Kyle and his pack I have come to realise that I may not be in control.

I can estimate that it is around noon since the sun is right above me, peaking through the trees. The gaps between the leaves cast flickers of light across my face, like brief snippets of what lies beyond these endless woods.

Then it hits me. Maybe I can fly over the trees to get a better vantage point. Should I tell him?

No. He'll just try to stop me from using my powers again. So without looking back once I speed up my pace to a sprint and just as I hear footsteps behind me, I propel myself into the air.

But just as I can feel the wind meeting my flustered cheeks, Kyle places a firm grip on my forearm. I look down at him in annoyance.

"Where do you think you're going?"he asks.

I can see that the rest of the pack is taking this as an opportunity to rest. Since Kyle decided that I couldn't shift and run with them and I refused to sit on anyone's back, we stayed in human form which is at least 10 times more tiring. The pack's willingness to do so for me is quite startling. I'm not used to people caring about me, but I don't think I appreciate Kyle's form of 'caring'.

"I'm flying up to get a better vantage point. How bout you?"

"Well at the moment I'm stopping you from killing yourself. Plus, we need to talk".

Grudgingly I return to the ground and cross my arms facing him.

"About what?"

"How you just turned into a ball of blue fire perhaps", he says like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

I groan and start to walk away. Unfortunately Kyle follows me.

I just continue to walk until we are far away from the rest of the pack and Kyle's footsteps have become quite agitating. Groaning again I stop and turn around.

"I told you I didn't want to talk about it!".

"Well what kind of a mate would I be if I listened?".

The second the word 'mate' rolls off his tongue, shivers are sprinkled down my spine. In this moment I so desperately want to tell him how I feel and kiss him until the sun bleeds from the sky, but I know better.

"Ella? Earth to Ella!".

I shake my self out of the daze.

"Yeah?".

"It's like you were in your own little world right there. Let me guess. It's filled with images of me." He says smirking.

I take a deep breath and release it viciously through my nose.

"Do you ever quit?".

"Not until I get what I want. You.".

The smirk on his face is beyond irritating.

"Just leave me a-"

"No. I told you Ella dearest. I never quit!".

He then proceeds to skip around me in circles singing some Irish song that is beyond irritating.

"Stop. It. Now." I grit through my teeth.

But he just proceeds to quote a Meghan Trainor song.

"My name is, NO! My sign is, NO! My number is-". But just as he is about to continue singing the entirety of the chorus, I feel the veins in my wrist turn ice cold, the temperature is extremely painful. My shriek of frustration mixed with agony interrupts his singing as I bunch my fingers into fists.

Then just as quickly as the pain had appeared it was gone. Then I realise that my fists had burst open at either side of me and Kyle was standing with his jaw hanging wide open. At first I'm confused, then I look to the trees on either side of me and see that they are frozen solid, with lines of frost leading from me to either of them.

I return my gaze to Kyle.

What just happened!

Kyle's POV

I had been just in the middle of enjoying irritating Ella when a shriek echoes through the forest. That's when I see Ella freeze the trees solid. It was like the icy blast had extended from within her, climbing its way up the entirety of the tree.

I can feel my jaw hanging open and just as Ella turns to look back at me I see it. The spark in her eyes. Then it starts growing until the previous glistening blue had become a bright white. Her entire eye was filled with it. The shade was even brighter than any white I'd ever seen.

As she understood what had just happened, she started stumbling backwards. Then I realised.

I had let myself look afraid. I had let that brief moment of fear show and now she thought I was afraid of her.

Realising my mistake I began to chase after her, but then it gets even worse. She begins developing at least 3 different powers at once. As she stumbles backwards she passes straight through a tree. Then as she grasps it, the tree disappears.

I can see the fear in her now fully white eyes, that are looking straight into mine.

"Kyle?"she whispers, but I'm too astounded to speak. I wish I had, because just as my name leaves her lips, she disappears.

Fear fills me, shattering my daze.

"ELLA?!?!" I yell into the empty forest surrounding me.

Then I hear a frightened voice from above me.

"Kyle?", she whispers. I look up to see her hanging from a thin tree branch. Suddenly unable to hold her weight, it snaps and she falls to the ground. I sprint to catch her but she hits the ground with a sickening crunch just mere inches from my outstretched hands.

Silence fills the forest.

I feel my features turn to wax as I take in her still figure.

"Ella?" I whisper.

Then I see how her head is lying in an unnatural way, with her hair covering her features. I immediately collapse up the ground as I begin sobbing.

"No. Please Ella no.".

Pulling her head into my lap I stroke her pink cheeks, wishing they would stay that colour forever.

"Please. Dear god please... I never got to tell her." By this point I have tears streaming down my cheeks.

"I never got to tell you Ella. I never got to tell you... that I love you.".

All of the sadness and pain fills me at once as I rest my forehead against hers.

I never got to tell her everything I wanted to tell her. I never got to make her my Luna. We never got to start a family. The future I had imagined with her will never come true.

Hi all! Soz for the cliffhanger. I'm sure you would have guessed by now what happens so no this isn't the end of the story.

I'm really sorry that I made it this short but I have a lot of homework to finish before next week but I'll update on Friday. I understand if you guys hate me for making you wait but I'll try to update sometime in the middle of the week if I have time.

Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 6.4K 25
"What am I?" She croaks, indicating to her white fur and four legs. I smiles,"Sweetheart, your a werewolf." She growls,"No I'm not." I bow my head,"O...
154K 4.6K 33
Completed "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked, glaring at him while he forcefully dragged me out of class. "You told me you need help...
2.3M 62.9K 42
"I need to talk to you Elly" "Why?!" "I know that you're my mate" I laughed sarcastically. "What?! Are you trying to make fun of me again like you di...
329K 9.9K 53
I was pinned to my bed. He left me no option but to stay in place. I tried to control my reactions, but couldn't help but sigh as Matt nipped my earl...