Could You Love Me

Por MTColt

My only desire would be to make it through this hell. One more year would be all it takes, to set me free. Ne... Mais

{Introduction/Cast}
Could You Love Me {I}
Could You Love Me {II}
Could You Love Me {III}
Could You Love Me {IV}
Could You Love Me {V}
Could You Love Me {VI}
Could You Love Me {VII}
Could You Love Me {VIII}
Could You Love Me {IX}
Could You Love Me {X}
Could You Love Me {XI}
Could You Love Me {XII}
Could You Love Me {XIII}
Could You Love Me {XIV}
Could You Love Me {XV}
Could You Love Me {XVI}
Could You Love Me {XVII}
Could You Love Me {XVIII}
Could You Love Me {XIX}
Could You Love Me {XX}
Could You Love Me {XXII}
Could You Love Me {XXIII}
Could You Love Me {XXIV}
Could You Love Me {XXV}
Could You Love Me {XXVI}
Could You Love Me {XXVII}
Could You Love Me {XXVIII}
Could You Love Me {XXIX}
Could You Love Me {XXX}
Could You Love Me {XXXI}
Could You Love Me {XXXII}
Could You Love Me {XXXIII}
Could You Love Me {XXXIV}
Could You Love Me {XXXV}
Could You Love Me {XXXVI}
Could You Love Me {XXXVII}
Could You Love Me {XXXVIII}
Could You Love Me {XXXIX}
Could You Love Me {XL}
Could You Love Me {XLI}

Could You Love Me {XXI}

1.5K 32 1
Por MTColt

"Just for tonight darling,
let's get lost"

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Sleep is a beautiful thing. So when people interrupt my sleep, I make sure they sleep for the rest of eternity.

Usually.

But the situation was different.

"Whoever is laying on me with their full body weight needs to get off before I decapitate them." I announced, never opening my eyes.

"Your threats only seem to get hotter and hotter." Axel's voice spoke and I could practically feel the smirk on his face.

I guessed yesterday was sort of a silent peace treaty between us. After all, how could I hate him after that happened. Nobody had ever comforted me like he did, nor made me feel safe like he did.

And that scared me, but I owed him to be civil at the least.

"And your mind only seems to get sicker and sicker." I replied, as he rolled off of me, laying beside me.

"Most definitely." Axel grinned, twirling a strand of my black hair on his finger. "You know, I like your natural color much better than the blonde."

My eyes slightly widened at his statement, making me turn to look at him. "You knew me last year?"

"Everyone knows you." He chuckled, letting my hair twirl off his finger. "But yes, I've 'known' you since freshman year."

"Huh, guess you learn something new everyday." I said sarcastically, making him laugh. "Now out so I can get dressed."

"I think I'm good right here." He smirked, placing his hands behind his head.

I arched an eyebrow at him as I got up. "Okay then."

He watched me in surprise as my fingers latched onto the bottom of my shirt, slightly pulling it up.

"In your dreams, Dawson." I snorted, letting my shirt fall back down.

He groaned, getting off of my bed. "Such a tease."

"But you like it." I replied, shoving him out of my room.

"Foreplay is sexy." He agreed, making me roll my eyes.

"You're disgusting."

***

"So what're we doing tonight? Partying? Chick flicks? The Snake Pit?" Dean questioned, taking a sip of his orange juice.

We were all eating breakfast at the diner, which was apparently Imogen's idea. I just hoped her and Axel weren't planning some intervention type thing to keep me from falling back into my deep, dark, never ending hole called depression.

That was the last thing I needed.

"Snake Pit?" Imogen questioned. "I don't like snakes."

Chase laughed at his uneducated girlfriend, making her glare.

The Snake Pit was a club owned by The Black Snakes, a local gang on the outskirts of Lakewood. You were in for a rude awakening if you messed with them, but apparently Axel and the boys had some sort of connection with them, making them practically untouchable.

"I don't know if I'd want you there. It's not a particularly.... nice area." Axel disagreed, his eyes staring into mine as his arm draped over the back of the booth behind me.

"Please, it wouldn't be my first rodeo in there." I stated, making his eyebrows shoot up.

"Really now?" Dean questioned, looking intrigued.

"Yeah, really now?" Imogen mocked, narrowing her eyes at me.

She knew I was reckless most of sophomore and junior year, but she didn't know how reckless.

Imogen knew me better than I knew myself sometimes, but there were things that I wanted to forget, so I never brought them up, and I never planned on it.

"Yes." I replied, avoiding all of their gazes.

"Well even if we did go, wouldn't it be sort of, odd?" Chase questioned, pulling the attention off of me, giving me a knowing look.

I smiled gratefully at him and he threw me a wink.
It was those particular moments that I was thankful for Chase, the ones usually ending with me kicking his ass.

But hey, what were best friends for?

"Well, not really. It's generally open to the public ... if they like you." Archer shrugged. "Bottom floor is the main bar, lounge, and pool tables. Then top is where the dance floor is."

"How do you even get in?" I questioned to Axel, making him look down at me.

"How do you get in?" He challenged, making me narrow my eyes.

"I asked first."

His left eyebrow arched at me, while his eyes never left mine. "My uncle is a part of the motorcycle club, we used to hang around them a lot."

"Derek Dawson?" I questioned slowly, making Axel nod.

"Call him DD if you wanna piss him off." Dean smirked, Imogen snorting at his random advice.

I cursed myself for never making the connection. But then again I was never close with Axel before.

"You know him?"

It was my turn to nod. "He was a friend of my father's and I grew up around him."

"And I thought this couldn't get any weirder." Imogen thought out loud, breaking the intense staring between Axel and I.

I couldn't tell how he felt about the situation, but the expression on his face was giving me the feeling that he was a little bit surprised.

"Small world." Axel mumbled, a light smile on his lips.

"Very small." I agreed, burying my face into my coffee.

***

The club hadn't changed much since the last time I was there and I didn't understand why I was back.

Imogen bailed because her mom was sick and Chase never left her side, so it was just the boys and I.

What fun.

I received multiple lust driven stares from men as we walked, their eyes lingering a little too long for Axel's taste, causing his arm to wrap around my waist, his hand gripping my hip.

That only seemed to cause more attention since he was obviously well known around there, being one of the highest members nephew and all.

"We're gonna head upstairs." Archer announced, making me groan internally for leaving me alone with Axel.

"The booze is calling my name." Dean hollered, jogging up the stairs excitedly, Archer following him.

Axel and I continued walking, until a familiar voice spoke into the thick air.

"Oktober Blackwood, what a lovely surprise."

I spun around on my heel, effectively spinning out of Axel's hold, facing a familiar face.

"Had to come pay a visit to my most favorite human in the world." I drawled out sarcastically, making him smirk.

Lord, smirks must run in the Dawson family line.

"Oh how I've missed your sarcastic wit." Derek replied, his eyes landing on Axel. "Corrupting my nephew now are you?"

I let out a huff of laughter, "I would but it seems you already have."

Derek was younger compared to Axel's Dad, his light blonde hair and famous Dawson blue eyes helped him maintain his youth. But Derek had a cool attitude that made his presence enjoyable, and we shared the same humor, which only made us closer.

We were like family.

"Uncle Derek, I see you still have the place running on its feet." Axel stated, doing that weird handshake thing with his uncle.

"I try." Derek chuckled, arching an eyebrow. "But since when do you two accompany each other?"

"A few months now." Axel shrugged. "She's a handful."

I scoffed, pushing him slightly, making Derek laugh. "Who're you telling? I've known that since she started walking."

"Spare me the memories, Derek." I sighed, walking over to the bar.

Since I used to be a regular there, and on Derek's unspoken guest list, I was never carded nor charged, which was pure bliss for me.

"Four shots of tequila please."

The bartender eyed me weirdly as I gave her my order. I'd never seen her before so I assumed she was new.

I miss the beefy bald bartender.

My eyes followed her movements, listening as some men at the other side of the bar cat called her. She was basking in the attention, which allowed me to believe she was working the job for all the wrong reasons.

Didn't shock me though, I'd seen it plenty of times before.

"You going to take all of those by yourself?"

I paused, the first shot glass mere centimeters from my lips, my eyes landing on some boy. He sat down on the barstool next to where I was standing, a sly look on his face.

His brown hair was slicked back and there was a piercing on his left eyebrow, making him look oddly familiar, but I couldn't seem to place my finger on where I'd seen him before.

"Yes and I'd like to do it in peace. Feel free to leave and go back to wherever you just came from." I replied, taking the first shot.

"Damn, you're hot." He replied, ignoring what I said.

"I'm well aware." I rolled my eyes, taking the second shot.

His eyes stayed on me for an uncomfortable amount of time and I wanted nothing more than to rip them out of their sockets, taking my third shot uneasily.

His fingers wrapped around my fourth shot, bringing it to his lips and downing it, making me scoff.

First he came over uninvitedly, bothered me, then felt that he could steal my alcohol.

He wants his ass kicked.

"Listen buddy, I don't know who you are but this is your last chance to walk away from me before I dislocate every bone in your body." I deadpanned, watching as he smiled slyly, making something feel off about him.

"Come on now Oktober. How about we get out of here, to somewhere more...private?"

I felt my chills run down my arms, making me take a step back away from him.

"How do you know my name?"

He ignored my question, standing up and walking toward me. He towered over me like a giant and I couldn't help but feel intimidated.

"Davidson told me a lot about you. I want to see if he's right." The guy smirked, eyeing my body up and down.

I felt my face pale and the sudden urge to vomit, watching him only feel look more satisfied.

"O?" Axel questioned, walking over to me, making me sigh with relief.

I quickly wrapped my arms around his bicep, feeling safer by the second.

"I don't know him but he knows my name and Davidson." I whispered into his ear, his cold expression turning even scarier.

"I think it's best if you leave." Axel bit harshly, pulling me behind him, his arm still in my hold.

His body towered over me, blocking my view of the guy, which was probably for the best.

"Is that so?" The guy chuckled darkly, and I could feel Axel clench his fist.

"Axel!" I heard Derek call out, making me peak over his broad shoulder.

I watched Derek approach us, but the guy was no where in sight, making my heart drop.

"We have trouble."

***

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

12.7K 1.4K 40
Have you ever encountered mad love? No, not the kind with butterflies in your belly and a sweet thrill, or even the relationship between two loving h...
1.1M 23.8K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
1.7K 49 51
"This was just supposed to be summer fun. That was what we agreed on." I tried to talk to him as he was vigorously shaking his head, tearing his gaze...
3.7K 270 45
"He was the definition of what you call bad, he smoked, he broke the law, he drove too fast for his own good.He didn't care because no one taught him...