Virus (Sequel to Glitch)

By AndThenTheCheese

Hazel Anderson lived in New York from the ripe age of fourteen until now. She used to live on the streets of... More

Sokovia Accords
Arguments

The Incident

1.3K 53 9
By AndThenTheCheese

I sit next to Wanda outside a small cafe and stir the third packet of sugar into my tea. Sugar gets me going, you know? Channels my energy and I use that with my powers. As I look at Wanda stir her tea, I can't help but see how much she resembles Pietro. We've been so worried lately, because he's still in a coma.We don't know if he's going to come out alive or not. It's already been like six months since the Sokovia incident, and I've finally stopped having nightmares. I had ones about the torture, which Wanda helped me with. I also had ones about Pietro, which were bad, but not as bad as Wanda's. There were many bad nights, we would comfort each other, hold each other when we cried. The first week after was the worst, every night we would wake up in tears and sweats. We lived off coffee and pizza, staying up all night and watching happy movies to lift our spirits. It was rough, and it brought us closer. We would visit Pietro in the hospital every day we could, and we cried every time. A couple months and we were like sisters, we lived off each other, cried with each other, and on the rare occasions, laughed together. Living in the new headquarters, along with Steve, Sam, Nat, and Rhodey at times, we bonded so much we were practically inseperable. I spent most of my time training and improving my skills, which helped me take my mind off things. I got to know Sam more, he's sort of like the annoying older brother I really don't wish I had. And Steve and Nat have been great mentors for me. 

I shake out one more sugar packet before opening it, smirking as Wanda gives me a curious look. Pouring it into my tea, I stir it up and take a sip. We were currently on a mission to stop this Rumlow character that Steve encountered when he was in D.C. 

As I sit there sipping my tea with Wanda, I hear Steve's voice come through the earpiece I'm wearing.

"Alright, what do you see?"

I nod to Wanda, signaling that she can answer, "Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target."

"Oh, and there's a little shop on that corner over there that has nice scarves." I grin, looking at the small store to my left as I practically hear Steve roll his eyes.

"Remember, don't draw attention to you, act normal." He says.

"I am, I really like that shop and would say so on any day." Wanda smirks at me as I drink more of tea, letting the sweet liquid slide down my throat.

Steve sighs into the comms, "There's an ATM in the south corner, which means..."

I place my cup down as Wanda speaks, "Cameras."

"Both cross streets one way."

"So, compromised escape routes." I place a hand on my chin, my elbow resting on the cool surface of the table I sit at.

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen." Steve says, "He isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

Wanda looks past my shoulder and I turn my head slightly to see it too as she speaks, "Yeah, the red one? It's cute."

"Not as cute as my skooter." I say in a sing song voice and grin again as they all ignore me.

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody." Nat says, sitting a couple tables away from Wanda and I, "Probably us."

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda says subtly and I open my mouth.

"No way! How come you never told me?"

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature." Nat says and I roll my eyes.

"Anybody ever tell you, you're a little paranoid?" Sam says from his place on top of a nearby building, wearing his full Falcon getup.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?"

"Oh!" I say happily, "I said that! But don't worry, I only said it because it's true." 

"Eyes on the target, folks." Steve says suddenly and I perk up, "This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in 6 months. I don't want to lose him."

I scoff as Sam speaks my mind,

"If he sees us coming that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us."

I look around me at the bustling streets, all the people rushing around, shopping. I remember the days I lived in Manhattan, worked at a Steakhouse, and lived in the attic of an old farmer's market. I look at myself now and see how far I've come, how long it's been since I've stolen someone's wallet.

"Sam, see that garbage truck? Tag it." Steve commands and I take another sip of my beverage.

"That truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed." Sam reports and my eyes widen in realization.

"It's a battering ram."

"Go now." Steve says and I stand up, casually downing the last of my tea as Wanda speaks,

"What?"

"He's not hitting the police."

As I start jogging to the direction the garbage truck was in, I speak in my comms, "I'm going to get a head start."

"Okay, stop them." Steve says as I teleport through people, arriving at the Institue for Infectious Diseases in no time. I see a bunch of yellow trucks park outside by the overturned garbage truck and I rush over to the armed, gas masked men.

I kick one in the gut as others enter the building, throwing gas into the hospital.

"There's too many," I grunt as I knock out a guy, "I can't get to them."

"Focus on the ones inside, we got the others." I nod and grab a gas mask off a man, strapping it over my face and teleporting inside. Through the green gas I see bodies lying on the floor and rush past them. I sneak up on three guys and knock them out, trying to see through the gas to find the others.

Sam's voice comes into my ear as I look around for signs of people, "I make 5."

Wanda speaks, "Sam."

"Four. Rumlow's on the third floor." Sam says and I nod my head.

"I got him." I teleport up there just in time to see Steve break through the window, knocking out a guy. I nod to him and he distracts the men as I teleport off to find Rumlow. 

I find a room that's been broken into and walk through it. Seeing the stolen vials I sigh.

"He got here before me, he has a biological weapon." 

"I'm on it." 

Walking to the window, I look out and see Nat throw her motorcycle from underneath her and kncok out a lot of guys before she gets attacked by Rumlow.

"I'm coming down." I say as she tries to zap him, but it doesn't work. Instead, Rumlow grabs her and throws her into a truck, closing the hatch after chucking a granade into it.

I teleport inside the truck, and grab the grenade, winking at Natasha before glitching out and throwing it into te air. It explodes as I hear Nat knock out the guys in there.

"Thanks." She says and I smile.

"All in a days work."

I turn around and see Rumlow firing at Steve through the building and then driving off.

"I got him." I say and teleport to the truck, grabbing onto the back as it drives off.

"It's dangerous." Wanda says and I smirk.

"That's a first." I grunt as I adjust myself into the back of the vehicle. Unfortunately, I'm not fast enough to get inside before he crashes into the scarf shop from earlier. I go flying off the truck as a couple of guys rush out.

Coughing, I get up slowly and groan, "Shame, I really liked that shop."

"Guys they're splitting up, five of them."

"I got the two on the left." Nat says and I sigh, rushing in the direction the single guy went.

"I've got the one guy." Jumping over cars and over barrels of fruit, I catch a glimse of the black suited man I'm chasing.

Shouting at people to move, I catch up to the man and flip off a car, landing on his shoulders. As we fight hand to hand, people rush out of the way, screaming and shouting. 

I knock the man out with a quick kick to the head and he falls to the ground. Searching him, I find his pockets and other compartments empty.

"My guy's empty as a cookie jar on Thankgiving." I say.

"What?" Wanda says and I sigh.

"What, you've never had Thanksgiving in Scotland?" 

"Hazel you are one weird dude." Sam mumbles and I laugh, beginning to make my way to the commotion and screaming I hear.

"He doesn't have it. I'm empty." Sam sighs in disappointment.

"Yes Sam, but is he as empty as a cookie jar on Thanksgiving?" I question and Sam chuckles.

I hear noise from Nat's end and listen closely. After a while, the grunts stop and Nat speaks.

"Payload secure. Thanks, Sam." I sigh in relief and Sam speaks.

"Don't thank me." 

"I'm not thanking that thing."

"His name is Redwing."

"I'm still not thanking it."

"He's cute. Go ahead, pet him." 

"He's just like a little puppy," I say after chuckling, "Except, you know, the fact that it's metal, it flies, and it's a drone."

Sam gasps, "I'm hurt. And so is Redwing. Apologise now."

"Your right, I'm sorry Sam." 

"Don't apologize to me-"

"Ya know what, I'm going to find Cap." I turn my walk towards the distant screams I hear and teleport through the crowds.

"-you gotta go, you gotta go." 

I hear Rumlows voice and teleport through more crowds.

"And you're coming with me."

I break through the crowd and see Rumlow holding onto Steve and a bomb. I act quickly as he activates his bomb and am about to teleport when I see Wanda send a cloud of red to contain the explosion. I watch as she lifts him into the air where the explosion finally blossoms, devastating entire floors of a nearby office building. I gasp as it explodes, sending fire through the windows and destroying the office floors.

I watch as Wanda covers her mouth and can't help but feel a little guilty with her. I should've been here, not talking wih Sam. I could've helped Steve, instead I was fooling around, something you never do on missions.

As I stare up with my mouth open I distantly hear Steve in my earpiece, "Sam... We need Fire and Rescue on the south side of the building. We gotta get up there."

I stay where I am, staring in devastation at the scene before my eyes.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Guess who's back (da na na) Back again....

Hey yall! Welcome back, it's sequel time! First scene of the movie, we'll start there. So, how's life? Answer in the comments below, don't know why, just cause. Next chapter will be up soon, so be ready!

Remember to inform me of any spelling errors. Vote and give me jdeas for the future please. Hooray I'm back.

-Back again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

616K 22.3K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
125K 4K 80
Alastor X Female Reader You and Alastor have been best friends since you were 5 years old. With Alastor being the famous serial killer of your time...
381K 23.1K 82
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
174K 6.3K 93
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...