Fix Me // Jamilton

By determinelydepressed

FINISHED :) Modern Day AU, Soulmates AU About: Alexander Hamilton is not happy with his life at all. He has t... More

Chapter 1: Roommates and Panic Attacks
Chapter 2: Starbucks, Apologies, and Explanations
Chapter 3: Writing and Wishes
Chapter 4: Discoveries and Kisses
Chapter 5: Loving and Confusion
Chapter 6: Ambulances and Promises
Chapter 7: Coming Home and Confessions
Chapter 8: Brunch and Park Fights
Chapter 9: Groceries and Sleep
Chapter 11: Caring and Friends
Chapter 12: Breakfasts and Walks
Chapter 13: Shock and Reunion
Chapter 14: Hoping and Hospitals
Chapter 15: Silence and Sweethearts
Chapter 16: Therapy and Dates
Chapter 17: Releases and Celebrations
Chapter 18: How and Wow
Chapter 19: Babies and Wanting
Chapter 20: Graduating and Caught
Chapter 21: Discussions and Descisions
Chapter 22: Pain and Notes
Chapter 23: Relapses and Dinners
Chapter 24: Meds and Maria
Chapter 25: Weddings and Celebrations
Chapter 26: The End
UPDATE
Christmas Special

Chapter 10: Classes and Episodes

6.6K 136 709
By determinelydepressed

- ALEXANDERS POV -
I wake up well rested for once. I wake up because hear Thomas's alarm go off and feel him shift.

"C'mon love, classes start today!" I say excited, with a touch of anxiety along with it.

"But Alex... I want to sleeeep!" He says rolling over to face me. We're still on the couch and it's 7 am. I slept for 16 hours last night. That's crazy. I stand up and Thomas groans.

"What now?" I ask him, laughing.

"You're warm and you just walked away from me." He says, a fake pout on his face.

"I'll make you coffee."

"I'm coming."

After we drank all of our coffee, we went to our room to get dressed. I pulled on a black hoodie and jeans, with a pair of old red converse. Thomas grabbed a blue sweatshirt and jeans, with gray vans. We grab our bags and walked out the door hand in hand, be reconsidered remembering what happened at the park. Nobody except my friend group knows about us yet. We both have Debate first, so we get to walk together.

We find desks next to each other and sit there until class starts and Washington walks in.

"Hello students! I'm Professor Washington. First off, I'm going to assign seats. Jefferson and Hamilton, you two are coincidentally in the right seats already! Across from them will be..." I zone out, glancing at Thomas, who looks happy that we're in next to each other. Washington hands out the syllabus and I jump when I slams on my desk.

"You ok, son?"

"Don't call me son."

Washington walks away, exasperated. It's just a habit to refuse his nickname, and while I've grown to know and sort of like it, impulse and fear keeps me denying it. I hear Washington read the syllabus in the back of my mind, but my thoughts are consumed by Thomas. By the way he's staring into space, I can tell he's doing the same of me. The thought makes me blush slightly.

"Hamilton? Did you hear me?" Washington asks, glaring at me a little.

"Sorry, no, sir. What was that?" I ask, red faced.

"Read the fourth paragraph of the syllabus, please." He says, rubbing his temples a little. I hear him mumble, "only the fourth time I've asked.." I read and pay a little more attention, but I'm still distracted. The bell rings and makes me jump.

"Class dismissed! Except for you, Hamilton. I'd like to speak with you for a moment. I shoot Thomas a glance telling him to wait outside for me. He nods just enough so that only I can see it. He walks out nonchalantly, as if nothing happened.

"What is it, sir?"

"Alex, no one else is here. You can call me Dad like you usually do." I nod and rub my neck, embarrassed.

"I kept you here because you seemed very... distracted with a certain Thomas Jefferson?" My face went from pink, to red, to no blood at all realizing what he said.

"He's your SoulMate, isn't he?" Washington asks, and I nod.

"I know it's not... ideal but I hope you can at least keep considering me your son and not..." I trail off. I didn't think Washington was homophobic, but I couldn't be too safe.

"Son, if you think I'm going to kick you out or ditch you because you're in a gay relationship, you need to get your head checked. I love you as though you were my blood. I will support anything you do or whoever you love, as long as you love them and they love you. He does love you, right?" He asked.

"Yeah. He's really helped with the anxiety and depression. He's a life saver, really. When I was sick, he called the ambulance, and when I couldn't eat, he helped me and I could bring myself to." Washington nods and pulls me into his arms. I wrap my arms around him, and he stiffens, as I usually don't make physical contact to him or Martha.

"I love you, Dad."

"I love you, too, son. Now get to class!" We both laugh and I walk outside to Thomas.

"He figured us out but he's supportive." I say and Thomas grins and kisses me.

"What class do you have next?" He asks me. I think over my schedule again.

"Uhh... math. You?"

"Creative writing, then math."

"I have creative writing after my math class!" I say, a little sad that we don't have the same classes next but we do have the same free period and history classes. We kiss again and part, promising to meet outside the main building during free. I walk to math, and see Laurens, Laf, and Hercules.

"Hey guys! Fancy seeing you here." I say, walking over to them.

"Alex, man! How's it going with Thomas?" John asks, slapping my shoulder as I join the group.

"Good. Washington actually figured us out before I even told him." I say, and they all laugh.

"Y'all done it yet~" Hercules asks, and I turn red.

Lafayette gasps and laughs.

"They have! The first time Herc and I did it I had the same reaction when someone asked. Was it fun?" I blush a deeper red and mumble something I didn't even hear. The late bell rang and the teacher walks in.

"I'm Professor Adams. Please at least try to pay attention in this class. I know everyone hates math, but it's important, I guess?" Adams introduces himself. I can tell he doesn't like his job all that much. The period goes by without any problems, and soon enough it's my favorite class: Creative Writing. Thomas and I pass on the way to our classes and we kiss real fast, then play it off as something else.

"Screw you, Jefferson!" I say, winking and blushing.

"You wish." He says with a smirk on his face. I kiss him again and said,

"I do wish, but a lot of my wishes come true~" I walk away leaving him standing there in shock at what I said, then see him laugh and shake his head. I rush off to Creative Writing, and get there a few minutes early.

"Hey, Angelica, Eliza --" I'm cut off before I can finish by a yell:

"AND PEGGY!" Peggy jumps onto my back and laughs. She's light, so I hoist her up so I'm giving her a piggy back ride and swing her around until she's nearly yelling:

"ALEX!! Put me down, I'm getting dizzy!" I drop her off me and she rejoins her sisters. We chat and Eliza asks about Thomas just as John did.

"Well I heard from a little birdie hat Alex and Thomas had some fun together before Alex got sick." Angelica says.

"God dammit, Lafayette, that little.." I begin until Eliza covers my mouth so my curses are muffled. She laughs at my being flustered and we take our seats.

After class, I go to the teacher, professor Franklin and ask for some of the essay assignments early. Knowing from Washington that I tended to do this, he agreed but under the condition that I actual got some sleep instead of working my ass off all night. How much exactly did Washington tell him?

I walk outside and don't see Thomas. Figuring his class ran a little late, I start scrolling through my social medias on my phone. Eventually my thoughts are broken by footsteps. I think it's Thomas until I hear the voice that makes my blood run cold.

"Hey, Hamilfag. I heard George never got to finish up what he started back in the park."

"Go away, Charles. I don't need you here."

"Aww, is the little whores son afraid to fight without his boyfwend?" He asks, talking to me like I'm a 2 year old.

"Leave. Me. Alone." I say, done with Charles Lee's bullshit.

"Hmm, I don't like that tone. You know what, you need punished." He grins evilly and throws a punch to my stomach. I don't have time to block it and I fall, winded, on the concrete.

"Go kill yourself, Hamilton. Do us a favor and die already. Nobody loves you no matter how much you want to believe it." He snarls, kicking me as I lay sideways on the pavement. I feel blood dripping out of my nose, and my eye feels swollen. I need to get home, or to the nurses office.

"Charles! Please, just stop!" I beg, willing myself not to cry in front of him.

"I think I'm done for the day, but I'll see you next time, slut. And if you bring that boyfriend of yours, I'll make it worse." I nod my head and try to stand up while he laughs and walks away. I collect my spilled items from my bag off the ground, and go to the bathroom. I call Thomas, and it rings once before he answers.

"T-Thomas?" I say, choking on my own voice.

"Alexander, are you alright? My math class went late, and I-- Alex, what's wrong? Where are you?" I start crying a little after he says the bit about his class. Sobs wrack my body as I choke,

"First floor main bathroom."

"I'll be there in a minute, tops. I'm going to hang up now, alright?" He asks gently.

"Okay."

"See you in a second love." I hang up and less than 30 seconds later, I hear quick footsteps and Thomas appears, looking pale, in front of me. He gasps and wipes my tears away, so not to hit a bruise or bump and hurt me.

- THOMAS' POV -
I wake up to 2 things: Alexander and my alarm. The first being much more pleasurable. It's the first day of classes, I remember. Alex walks away and tells me to get up, but not in a demanding way. I'm cold and there's still lingering sleep in my eyes.

"I'll make coffee." I shoot up at his offer.

"I'm coming."

We finish drinking our coffee and eating toast and go get ready. I stare a little bit, alright, more than a little, at Alex when he's getting dressed. He's gorgeous no matter how much he denies it. We walk together to our first class, Debate. I'm zoned out and completely focused on my Alexander. I laugh a little when Washington calls on him and he doesn't notice. After class, he gets held back by Washington. I wait outside the door for him, ready to know what the conversation was all about.

He finally walks out with a pink tint on his cheeks, God he was so cute when he blushed, and said:

"He figured us out but he's supportive." I sigh with relief. We part ways and go to our separate classes, kissing each other and saying goodbye. I practically sleep through Creative Writing, as all we do is study the syllabus. When I pass Alexander in the halls, we kiss and then act like we still hate each other.

"Screw you, Jefferson!" It sounds odd having him call me that.

"You wish!" I shoot back with a wink. Suddenly he's up against me:

"I do wish, and a lot of my wishes come true~" he winks and walks away like nothing happened. I laugh and shake my head at his flirty side. Math is just like Creative Writing. Without Alex there to distract me, I'm bored. Not only that, but Professor Adams rambles so long, we don't leave until 10 minutes after the bell rings. Halfway down the stairs I get a phone call from Alex. I figure he's just wondering where I am.

"T-Thomas?" I hear in a choked voice.

Oh my God, I think. What if he cut himself somehow again? What if he attempted, what if he-- no. Calm down Thomas, he's fine.

"Alexander, are you alright? My math class went late, and I-- Alex, what's wrong? Where are you?" I ask, hearing, was that crying? It was. He said he's on the first floor main bathroom, so I sprint down the steps, telling him I'll be there in a second.

When I arrive there, I see Alex in a ball on the floor, his left eye swollen and purple, his nose and lip covered in blood, and bruises all over his face, neck, and body. I run to him and who his tears away gently with the pad of my thumb.

"Who the hell did this to you?" I ask angrily.

"Charles L-Lee. He said he had to f-finish what George K-King started i-in the park." He stutters, and my fists clench with pure rage. I pull him close to me, then stand up to get some paper towels. I wet them a little and wipe all the blood off him gently. All the bathrooms have small first aid kits luckily, and I patch Alex up using the one near us.

He leans his head on my shoulder when we're all done, and closes his eyes.

"I want to go home." He says plainly. I nod.

"I can email our professors and say what happened and that in taking you to the dorm for the rest of the day." He shakes his head no.

"Home. I want to go home." I don't understand. I put my hand against his forehead to see if it's hot, but nothing seems to be wrong. He's not dehydrated or starving. Depression?

"Alex, can you tell me what you mean by home?"

"Nevis. With James and my mother. And no hurricane and no sickness and no stupid father ruining our lives and happiness and none of this SHIT that happens so damn often!" He says, my heart cracking.

"Alexander, I'm sorry but I can't get you to Nevis with your brother and mother. But I can take you to the dorm and help you." He nods, nearly asleep after his small outburst. I half carry him the whole way to our dorm.

"Why does this always happen?" He mumbles into my chest.

"I don't know, love. Your life has had a lot of hardship. But I'm here for you. I'll help you." He nods again, having little energy to speak.

"Thanks for saving my ass for like, the 500th time."

"I'll do it 500 more times, and 5000 more after that, and on and on until you don't need my help as much anymore. Or as long as you want it." I say to him as I unlock the door. I carry Alex all the way to our room and set him on the bed, where he falls asleep instantly. It's still free period, so I send all our teachers an email saying Alex and I may not be in class for a few days. They all know Alex's history and are ok with that, telling me to take good care of him. I email Washington separate:

Professor Washington,
This is Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamiltons SoulMate. We're in the same Debate class together. I just want you to know that I will take very good care of him and love him. He is my everything, even after only a few weeks of being together. Speaking of taking good care of him, he's... sick. Not like last time, but more mental. He's having a depressive episode, a bad one. I'm not exactly sure what I should do to keep him happy and in good condition. You can assume we will not be in class for a few days.
Thank you so much,
Thomas Jefferson

I lay on the bed, silent, waiting for a reply. I refresh my mailbox and see an email sitting there from Washington. I click on it eagerly. It says:

Mr. Jefferson,
It's good to hear you want to care for and love my Alexander. As you know, he is my adoptive son and I love him as though he was my blood. I've known him long enough to know what happens when he has a depressive episode. 1. Keep junk food around. He practically refuses to eat (more than usual that is) unless it's very easy access. 2. Make sure he takes his medication. This is a vital step to make sure it doesn't get worse. 3. Keep as much of an eye on him as possible. He's attempted a few times during episodes. I know nobody wants that to happen. 4. Do not let him drink alcohol. It makes it a lot worse when he drinks. It's like feeding a Gremlin after midnight. 5. Make sure he sleeps and doesn't overwork himself. He tends to crash and burn during these things and it's not fun for him or people around him. Make sure he gets a full 8 hours. That's all I know about it. Please take good care of my son. Thank you.
- Professor G. Washington

I read over the email and write the instructions on a piece of paper so I don't forget or lose them. I look at my sleeping Alexander and pray he gets through this ok. I love him so much.

AUTHORS NOTE: Yeah, yeah, I know I said I'd post 3 chapters and I only posted 2 but it's really late here and writing is tiring and it was a busy day. But this is my longest chapter yet. I hope you enjoyed it! I don't really love the last paragraph because I think I wrote it weak, but oh well. Here y'all go! Thanks for reading!!💕
Word Count: 2924 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 183 16
Alexander Hamilton has had horrible drepession and anxiety beacuse of his past. His enemy, Thomas Jefferson, isn't really helping his situation, but...
137K 4.6K 16
((soulmate au where whatever you write on your body ends up on your soulmate's body as well)) Hamilton doodles on his arms every single day. Wether i...
27.3K 1.1K 18
Alexander Hamilton; the boy who went from having a temper tantrum every day to stopping other people from having them. Of course, it was hard to cont...
70.2K 1.7K 23
Another soul mate au as if there wasn't enough lol Alexander Hamilton's life is sh** but something about one person gets him. Gets him to forget the...