Who lives to tell the tale? [...

By jxxrinn

[PIRATE AU] The fearsome Captain haunts both land and sea continually invokes fear in the Commodore's mind an... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Stolen

Captain Amari

534 37 16
By jxxrinn

You laid on your sides for the entirety of the night. The salty seas overpowered your smell, making you wake up a few times in the night. Each time you woke up, a blurry dim light shone in the peripheral of your vision. Your vision starts to clear up and Gabriel, still seated at his desk, held a quill in his hand a compass in the other. Your eyelids drooped and you went to sleep. This continuously happen for a few times, by the fourth time, the flame had been extinguished and Gabriel no long there. Your hand wandered behind you, searching for a human laying beside you. None. The sheets were cold and you shivered in the blanket. Your nightgown would've sufficed for the cold Summer night if you hadn't been abducted. You pulled the thin blanket above your neck and drifted off to sleep.

The faint squawks of seagulls alarmed you from your restless slumber, hinting that the ship docked on land. Tiny rolls of waves crashed onto the mighty ship but not strong enough to row the ship away. You fluttered your eyes open and massaged your aching shoulder and arm. Looks like you haven't moved an inch in the cool night. You sat up to glance around the room for any sign of Captain Reyes. None. You gathered up the thin blanket and wrapped it around your body modestly. The floor planks were warm as you waddled towards the door. You ought to step out to find out your current whereabouts, however, the lack of proper clothing prevented you from doing so. The door gently slides open and heavy footsteps sidled in. Captain Reyes hung a grey dress on his arm and a pair of women's boots pinched together.

You brushed a stray h/c lock behind your ear, eyeing the dress and Gabriel. You asked, "Is this for me?" You held the dress and the boots, giving it a close inspection before you slip on the women's boots. It was too big for you.

"Aye," He replied as he watched you closely, "We're meeting someone later. Best look presentable." You nodded, biting your tongue to not ask any questions in fear of irritating him. Gabriel's eye bags hung heavy beneath his almond-shaped eyes. Suggesting that he had stayed up all night doing logistics of the ship, and you were definitely not dreaming during your repetitive waking. Gabriel closed the door, giving you privacy to change into your new clothing. The colour looked washed out as if worn on several occasions. You tried your hardest not to think about the worst case scenario; it could've belonged to one of the ladies in the brothel.

You turned your heel around and noticed a basin filled with clean water, and a small towel on it in the corner. You approached it briskly and washed off any sweat or tiny dirts on your body. There were no oils to tame your H/C hair, making you uncomfortable with the itch on your scalp.

You slipped on the dress and flipped your hair confined in the dress. It was just your size. You walked out of the Captain's quarters with difficult walking.

The seagulls calls grew louder and clearer as soon as you left the quarters. You took a quick glimpse at the seagulls circling around the ship above you. To your right, crewmembers were assigned to patrol the ship readied with their blades and guns at their sides. Punished members ad green horns were scrubbing the deck with a brush and a mop. You felt an uncomfortable stare following your movement as you walked past one of the crewmembers. The Captain's second mate, Genji, stood near the exit polishing his blade, waiting for someone. You jogged up to him.

"Genji, right? Who are you waiting for?" You asked politely. Genji glanced up and tucked away his blade.

"For you." Genji replied. As soon as he finished his sentence, Jesse McCree, the Captain's first mate, ran up to the both of you with his arm poked out. Telling you to come with him. McCree greeted with a spread out grin, "Captain's waitin' for ya," He nodded towards a figure in a distance, "Instructed me to escort ya down." Despite your first meeting, you were hesitant, however as of now, you agreed. Flushing away any bad thoughts about the first mate. You gave a small curtsey whilst hooking your arms with his. The three of you walked down to the dock.

Shortly after, Gabriel stood in front of the pole and leant against it with weight on his hips. His hands cupped the handle o his sword whilst admiring the scenery of the vast, unexplored ocean. His ears perked upon hearing approaching footsteps to him. Gabriel glances your way with arms crossed, "You're here." He eyed the three of you. You unlinked your arms with Jesse's and walked behind Gabriel.

You plucked up your courage and asked, "Where are you taking me?" You raised a sceptical brow as the four of you left the docks. You noticed Gabriel slipped in 10 silvers to a man's pocket, whispering instructions to write off his ship as a rich man's vessel. And the man did as told.

Corrupted.

Gabriel paused and peered over his shoulder giving a smirk to you, you felt yourself feeling uneasy. You swallowed thickly as you braced yourself at what's to come. "You'll find out." He replied with a laugh.

-

Jamison 'Junkrat' Fawkes and Mako Rutledge sat in a tavern sipping coconut juice—it was all they could afford after splurging on junk, Jamison found 'useful'. The Junkers had no money left in their pockets, and that meant they had to sleep in the streets again, much to Mako's displeasure.

"Oh don't look at me like that big guy you know it was shiny!" Mako said nothing. Only stared in silence, red hot anger emitted behind him. The silvers could've lasted them 3 months if they're careful about their spending habits, more precisely, Jamison's spending habits.

The lady boss sauntered her way over to the two of them. She crossed her hands over her chest and Mako saw how her fats jiggled as she did so, "The payment boys. You're 5 days late." The lady boss said lowly, with a tinge of anger. Jamison slurped harshly at the coconut and not bothered to glance up or acknowledge her presence.

"We don't have the money." Jamison replied which sounded like a Whisper. The lady raised a brow.

"And what are you doing here at my shop drinking my coconut?"

"We're thirsty, we'll...we'll pay the debt somehow..." Mako glanced at him through his peripheral vision, how are you going to do that, Jamison? Jamison shrugged.

Right at he moment, a bag of silver dropped on their table. Gerard Lacroix stepped forward, "The debt has been cleared." The lady boss took the bag of silver and ran off to the back to count the coins—making sure the debt was accurate. Gerard wore a fine tailored maroon suit, and The duo knew they would be in their debt. Gerard sat across from them, introducing himself as one of the commodore's men. The two scoffed as Gerard laid the propositions.

"Every debt must be repaid," Gerard began as he whisked out his knife and a whetstone. He sharpened the edges of the knife with the whetstone, "And if you refuse...you'll be hanged." Gerard managed to strike fear to the two men, Mako masked it quite well whereas Jamison's teeth were chattering, he bit his crooked nails and listened intently.

"You don't want that now do you?" Gerard asked, lifting the knife to the sunlight and watched it glimmered. Jamison shook his head and croaked out a 'no'. "Good." Gerard gave a dreadful smile.

"Let's cut straight to the chase, I need the two of you to infiltrate the Reaper's ranks. Bring back the girl and bring back the Captain alive to the commodore's office. Failure to do so will result in hanging." Gerard threatened at the end, grey eyes dark with intensity. He had his wife's life on the line if he failed this Mission. Mako spoke, "And what's in it for us?"

The thin line of Lacroix's lips curled into a smirk, "The treasure you desperately wanted to find? Gabriel might be in search of it and that's your best bet. You'll also be entitled to have your own land, a ship, a crew and whatever sounds reasonable to the commodore...don't disappoint." Jamison's eyes glimmered with hope, the treasure map they found during one of their adventures was their motivation to continue their line of work, the treasure was all they needed. And without a proper ship or crew, the dream proved impossible. Gerard held two hands out to seal the deal with the two men.

"I trust that the two of you won't disappoint." Jamison and Mako shook his hands. An affirmative grunt rumbled in Mako and Jamison hammered his ribs to assure the Frenchman. Gerard tossed a few coins on the table as he left and coins to the little girl seated outside.

-

The boots were already causing blisters on your foot. Your pace slowed as the four of you crossed uneven terrain, far from Civilisation. You were not used to this much walking, you were used to being on a carriage—transported from one place to another. This proved a challenge, the boots were starting to loosen. It's soles already going to tear off the more they walked. You started to slow down to remove the boots and walked on muddied water, Genji noticed this immediately and offered his, however you refused.

"Need me to carry you darling?" McCree asked, as he tied his red bandana tightly. You shook your head.

"No need. How much longer till we reach our destination, Captain?" You asked. You started to fan yourself at the sweltering heat, the dress wasn't helping either and your hand fan was nowhere to be found. Gabriel did not look at you, "Soon." He continued walking. And so did you, the Long grass tickled your leg that it made you flinched instinctively.

Your legs started to leg after a fair distance. Then your eyes peeked at the sight of a smoking chimney. And you were headed to that direction, you pulled your skirt up to your knees and trudged to Gabriel, he peered at you for a second and surpassed a laugh at your eagerness.

A little girl around 5 was tending the garden, she had short, raven blacked hair that was evenly trimmed. Almost recent. The watering can was twice her size, seeing her carry it with little to no difficulties, it made you feel at awe. You could never handle anything at that size when you were child. Gabriel hushed the Three of you with a finger to his mouth as he snuck behind the girl. You swallowed thickly, was he...ambushing the poor girl? You wanted to scream to alert anyone in the house and it's deserted—there's no way they could escape the Reaper and his goons.

Gabriel wrapped his arms around the little girl and lifted her up.

"Uncle Gabe!" She exclaimed and giggled excitedly. Kicking the air to ask him to go higher and Gabriel did. He spun her around before settling her back down to the ground. You felt a surge of relief rushing through your veins, and you felt yourself feeling...warm at the sight.

"Where's your Mother?" Gabriel asked as he ruffled the girl's hair.

"Inside taking a nap," She leant against the sides and grinned. She ran up to Jesse and Jesse faced his back to her and she climbed. Jesse ran around the area piggybacking the 5 year old. You figured she had a tight knit relationship with the two of them. They did come off like a Father and Son duo after all, you wondered if they were mistaken as one before. Gabriel beckoned the Three of you to enter the house, the girl sat on McCree's broad shoulders as they entered the cozy house.

"Hey Ana we're here!" Gabriel announced as the door creaked open slowly, Jesse bent down and the girl climbed down. He ruffled her hair in a doting manner.

Ana sat by the hearth sleeping, her mouth gaped and snores erupted from her. The girl rushed over to kitchen to make some tea. Gabriel walked over to where Ana was and poked her cheek, no response, Gabriel hit her arm and still no response. He pinched her yet still no response. Ana was a heavy sleeper, but it did not occured to him that she was this much of a heavy sleeper. His hand raised, preparing to strike her but Ana gripped his wrist tightly.

"Hit me again Gabriel and I will break your arm." Ana let go and Gabriel withdrew his hand. Ana stood up and put the chair away, "Wrong timing to show up. How's my Favourite boys?" She smiled at both Genji and Jesse who were all grins.

Ana gave a disgusted look, "You look thin. Has he not been feeding you?"

"Naw I've been skipping."

"He forced me to skip with him." Ana grabbed the brunette by the ear and held Genji's hand, offering him some leftover stew. Jesse wasn't going to get any. "Careful there Fareeha you might scald yourself." Gabriel took huge strides to Fareeha, Fareeha just smiled and poured 4 cups of tea. She offered the first one to you.

"I've never seen you before, are you one of Gabriel's friends?" Fareeha asked curiously. You were stumped at this point, wondering what to say, will she understand that her Favourite Uncle actually kidnapped you just to get back at commodore Morrison? Probably. You swallowed thickly and felt the area around you grew increasingly hot. "Uh..."

Gabriel cut you off with his arm snaked around your waist, he pulled you to his embrace and replied, "No she's my lover."

"Are you getting married soon?"

"I don't know maybe." Gabriel playfully shrugged and you wanted to kill him at this point. A widespread of reddish-pink blush dashed your cheeks. Ana shooed her Daughter away to go do an hour of training. To keep her preoccupied while she handle the situation at hand. Gabriel's hands wrapped around the cup and he drank the tea at one gulp. Not minding the piping hot temperature of the drink. You sipped the cup gently and watched Ana.

Ana let out a heavy sigh and pinched the bridge of her nose, "What exactly do you plan to achieve kidnapping her?"

A/N: hey guys I'm sorry this took way to Long to produce and I hope you enjoy it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

483K 14.6K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
470K 31.7K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
67.9K 1.3K 47
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A messy relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando...
246K 8.8K 99
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...