For the First Time

By sheela_

An hourglass figure, piercing green eyes, beautiful face. Perfection is all she is. She's known as the sex g... More

For the First Time
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15

Chapter 14

108 5 0
By sheela_

“Call me when your shift is done. I’ll pick you up.”, Travis said once I got off the car.

I held the car door and smiled at him. “I’m off today. I have a date with Jonathan.”

“Get in the car.”, he sternly said as if he was the older sibling there. Was he? I was not even sure anymore.

I held my chuckle and warned him, “Travis…”. He rolled his eyes and sighed.

“Be safe.” I nodded and watched him drove off back to home.

Once I get into the diner, I felt as if everyone’s eyes were on me at that point. I was not sure whether I was imagining things or if that was true but I did not feel good about that.
The last time I was there, I created such a drama that made looking at the name of the diner was more embarrassing than getting caught watching Hannah Montana on your first date.

Avoiding all gazes, I went straight to Joan’s office and knocked on the door before walking in.

“Lillian, hey.”, he greeted me and motioned to the chair in front of him, telling me to take a seat. And so I did.
“Hey, Sir, about yesterday…”, I had not finished my words but he was already smiling at me.

“That’s okay, Lillian.”, he said understandingly. “What the girl said was not exactly friendly either. So you’re fine. However, please keep the drama to a minimum next time, okay?”

I nodded my head yes and smiled at him. “I’m so sorry. I will do my best to never let that happen again.”, he chuckled and shooed me off jokingly.

I was about to leave when he stopped me with his question. “You’re not working today, are you? I thought I saw Shana earlier.”

I smiled and shook my head no, “I’m here as a guest today. I have a date.”
“Fancy. Order the most expensive food in the menu, okay?”

I laughed at his respond and walked to the door. “Thank you again, Sir.”

The night went better than expected. Kyle was nowhere to be found, which was not a big surprise. The customers all seemed to be nice from where I was sitting and all of the staff were surprisingly understanding, that, or they just did not care. Also, Jonathan was not as horrible as he seemed to be. I mean, sure, we had nothing in common, but he was not bad. Overall, the night went surprisingly smooth.

That was until Joan decided to interrupt my awkward date and said, “Lillian, will you drop this off at Kyle’s? He left his stuff yesterday.” He handed me a bag that I knew did not belong to Kyle, filled with one of his favorite t-shirts that I got him.

Kyle. I had to make a stop at Kyle’s. Not only was that two times my already long trip back home, it also happened to be Kyle’s house, and Kyle supposedly lived in that house.

“I will wait for you at my house?”, Jonathan said as he put his jacket on.

I looked back at Jonathan and nodded my head hesitantly. “Okay, sure.”
He leaned in for a kiss and I backed away slightly, shaking my head no. He nodded his head understandingly and left the restaurant, leaving me with a slight smile.

“He’s not even going to drive you?”, Tony asked. I was still in shock myself. Can we even consider that a date?

“Apparently not.”, I sighed. I pulled out my phone and texted Travis, asking him to pick me up. I was officially the worst sister alive. “Why did Joan have to do that?”, I asked Tony, shoving my phone back into my pocket.

“Oh come on, he saved you.”, I rolled my eyes and grabbed the bag that he could easily give to him once he’s back to work.

So much for avoiding the best friend.

“Are you sure you can face him yourself?”

“Oh come on, Trav. It’s just Kyle. We used to breathe the same air all day.”
“But you two are not on good terms now.”

“Listen to me. I have to face him sooner or later. So it might as well be sooner.”

“Yeah but-” Travis’s words were cut short. At first, I was not sure why but his eyes were staring in shock at the sight in front of the house of my former best friend.

I had to admit that I planned on apologizing to him. After the speech Travis told me the day before, I came to a realization that it was all my blunder. I had been ignoring Travis all the way from the diner, preparing words and words I could possibly use in order for him to forgive me.

However, I don't know if it was just my luck that day or for the rest of my life but right there, in front of our eyes, I saw his car stopping right in front of his house and out came from the passenger seat was the infamous blonde, Michelle Beilee, the on and off girlfriend of Kyle's, again, infamous enemy who was happened to be my date not long before, Jonathan.

I knew Kyle was not mine to claim, and I knew I hurt him, but my heart surely did not know how to stop feeling hurt over something I could not control.

And then I knew, I'm in love with my best friend.

...

The night did not turn out to be as smooth as I thought it would be. I left Travis right as we arrived in the crime scene. I ran and ran, not once looking back, ignoring Travis’s calls, both from screaming and on the phone just so I could make my way to the only place I knew I would feel safe. The only place where I could think clearly with or without Kyle.
The hill.

I had never been up there without car and now that I made it, and with the cancer to add it all, I swear it felt like I was in a sedative-less chemotherapy. My leg was killing me slowly and my head was so close to bursting into little pieces, but most of all, my heart ached.

My heart ached every time my mind wandered to the sight of him pulling her into a deep kiss. My heart ached each time my brain made assumptions as to what they did once the door was closed. My heart ached at the thought of losing Kyle for good. My heart ached worse as my mind tried to convince it that that was love. A one sided love to add to the misery.
I knew Kyle had always been the type to sleep with girls and all but I was not sure why it hurt me more to see that now.

Out of all time, why now?

“Why now?!” I screamed out the words, knowing no one would hear me from up there. However, my notion was wrong.

“Would it be different if it was any other time?”, a guy answered my question from behind me. Knowing the voice, I closed my eyes and sat on the ground, burying my face into my hands. "I thought you'd be here.", he continued.

"Done screwing the blonde?"

“I didn't do it.” The ache on my chest slightly decreased after he said that. “Travis stopped me.” Of course. Travis. “And I couldn't.” I put down my hands and looked up at the man who was then standing in front of me. “Honestly, I haven't done it since our talk here months ago. It's like you're stuck in my head and refused to get out of it. I can't.”, he sighed and sat down next to me. “What about you and Jonathan?”

I bit my lip at the thought of that boy. “As horrible as it sounds, he left and told me to meet him home. He’s probably still waiting now.”

“So it was a date, huh? Your first date.”

“Sad, huh?”

“Could be worse.”, but then he shook his head and we laughed at that.
"I'm sorry.", I looked at him and he stared back at me. "For letting my anxiety got the best of me yesterday. I knew you meant well but I was not in the best state of mind.", he smiled at my apologies and took my hand.
The whole emotion I felt back then was uncanny to say the least. If that was love, gosh, it was scary. My cheeks felt warm, my stomach was twirling in the weirdest way possible, and my heart, don’t even get me started.

“I’m sorry too for being too harsh on you earlier in school.”, he said. Or I thought that was what he said.

I’m sorry, I just could not pay attention to anything but him at that moment. And before I knew it, I blurted out, "I really want to kiss you right now but the fact that you just kissed Michelle with those same lips–", he chuckled at my words.

"I'm sorry. You seemed really pissed that I was not sure what to do. I just knew you were seriously mad yesterday. So I just tried to get my mind off it. It was not the best way possible, I know but I could not even think and I'm just rambling now. So it would be best if you just kiss me."

And so I kissed him. I kissed Kyle. I was not sure why or how or what happened, but I knew I did kiss him. I saved my first kiss for him and that felt incredibly right.

Who would've thought my first kiss would be with my best friend? Then again, who am I kidding, everyone knew it would. Now, though?

"I'm sorry...", I quickly said after I pulled away.

However, he said nothing and just pulled me back into a deep passionate kiss that got me all weak. All of my muscles finally relaxed at that moment and I knew they were secretly thanking him for that. It was so magical before reality kicked in.
I pulled away, again, quite harshly this time and with everything I had in me, I managed to stand up and run away. Or well, at least I tried, though, I failed. My knees gave up on me and I fell on my track not even moving an inch away from Kyle.

"Lillian!", Kyle stood up and tried to help me but I tried my best to shrug him off. "What's wrong with you?", he asked, seemingly annoyed by my change of behavior. I mean, who wouldn’t?

"Let go, Kyle!"

He held onto my shoulders and said, "Look me in the eyes and tell me it didn't mean anything." He said, his grip almost bruising my shoulders. "I dare you." The look in his eyes got me stop my words. I can't hurt him anymore. Not now. Not ever.

"I'm dying, Kyle.", I told him in defeat.

"What?"

Oh, what the heck. I thought to myself. He was bound to find out anyway. Why wait longer?

"I can't be with you. I'm dying. I don't want you to get hurt if I do leave you one day. You're too special for me and I don't want you to get hurt."

"What are you talking about?"

"I have cancer. Who knows? I might die tomorrow." I chuckled dryly at my own statement. "I'd be lying if I say I don't love you because I do. You know I do but I don't want you to be with someone who can't even say the word forever because she knows she won't be able to be there for you the whole time." There was a long pause right there. A long long pause where I wished I could just die right there, right then.

"I love you, Lillian Cooper. We can fight that monster together."

“But we both know I can’t. It’s cancer. What are the chances for me to survive that lethal thing?”

“If people can die in weirdest ways possible, why can’t one survive the deadliest disease of all time?”

“You’re not making any sense.” Why was he the one blabbering?

“Lillian Cooper, will you fight it with me as your boyfriend?”

I swear my heart stopped then. Is this really happening? I couldn’t help but think to myself.

"Please, Lil. Please take me. Say yes." He pleaded as if it was him who had that monster inside his body and that me saying yes was the only cure to it. He was so sincere and I knew I wanted to say yes because I knew he was also the cure to whatever it is I had, but would I really do that to him? Risking his happiness to take care of me? "Please be mine." I lost count on how many times he said please but his eyes, they were never that pure. The tears were trying to break loose and I lost it. Maybe it's time to think about my own happiness after all.

"Yes."

-----------------

I hope this chapter makes up to the long hiatus! Enjoy!! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205 0 20
"I can make any girl fall in love with me " "let's make a bet then how about her, You have four weeks to get her madly in love with you and to hookup...
4.9K 177 38
Everyone must've encountered a jerk in their lives, right? Well, Emilia has. This guy is no ordinary jerk. He's one with some gorgeous brown eyes th...
6.1K 424 27
Hunter Watson is just a normal 17 year old senior who just wants to finish the year unnoticed. When she moves to a new town and becomes the "New Girl...
4.1K 193 30
Mary Star is an average girl who is really gifted in school and sports. She is a little bitchy with a lot of sass but she is kind hearted as well. On...