Bumps In The Road / Paul Laho...

By veemarc

Kira West is a powerful witch with a strong bloodline. A tragic event in Kira's tween years instigated a shif... More

Bumps In The Road -Paul Imprint Story-
1. First Day
2. Hostile Introductions
3. Catch Ups
4. Fiery Rage
5. Stirring Tension
6. Stern Discussions
7. Soft Spots
8. Revelations
9. Boiling Point
10. Send Me Back For All I Care
11. Fooled Me Twice
12. Ignorance Isn't Always Bliss
13. Seeking Redemption
14. End The Inevitable
15. BBQ Jealousy
16. An Infliction
17. The Aftermath
18. Bonfire Drama
19. Messed Up
20. Tracker
21. The Proposals
22. Breaking the Spell
23. Unnerved
24. Sneaking Around
25. Potential Progress
26. Deep Suspicions
27. I Need Space
28. Cheek Not Lip
29. You Too?
30. The Party and The Confessions
32. The Battle
33. Girls Day Out
34. The Cabin and A Big Question
35. Home Sweet Home
36. Talk Dirty To Me
37. Have To Love A Surprise
38. He Needs To Phase
39. The Wedding I
40. The Wedding II
41. Dissappeared
42. The Phone Call
43. Taken To a Foreign Land
44. The Anxious Wave
45. Getting Her Back
46. Rumours
47. Interruptions
48. She's Here
49. The Huntress
50. Letters To Me
51. Her Past
52. Let's Go To The Cliff
Epilogue

31. The Aftermath

7.8K 163 17
By veemarc

Chapter 31

I chucked the clothes into the washing machine and let out a huff as I went back into the room to collect the clothes form the floor. I put them in the laundry basket and looked around for the detergent to start the load for bed sheets. I sighed. How didn't he have any detergent? With a roll of my eyes, I inhaled deeply and turned on my heel. I walked back into the room and changed the bed sheets. Internally, I was cursing Paul for leaving me this mess and numerous punishments flooded my mind. 

After throwing the last pillow in place I found Embry's contact in my phone and pressed the call button. After three rings he picked up.

"Hey Embry, it's Kira."

"Hey Kira, what's up?"

"Could you give me a ride into town?" I asked and sat on the now made bed.

"Sure. Where are you?"

"Paul's place." I heard him chuckle on the other end. "Embry Call, are you laughing at me?"

"What? Of course, not. I'll be there in five."

"Sure, sure. Thanks" I said and hung up.

I walked over to the drawers and spotted some of my shorts and undergarments I must have left behind previously. By the time I slipped on my clothes and cleaned myself up a bit, Embry was beeping in the driveway. I left the house and slid into the truck.

"Hey" I smiled.

"Hey, so where are we going first?" He asked reversing out of the wide driveway.

"Uh...Emily's place. Then the local Walmart" I requested with a sigh.

"No problems and you should put your seat belt on or else Paul will have my head" he chuckled.

"I'll be fine" I shrugged. "Plus, I reckon you could take him." He nodded, a smirk settling on his lips.

"Paul's got patrol, right?" He asked looking over at me. He had one hand on the wheel and the other hand resting on the window pane lazily. Today was actually a nice day in mopey La Push and there was little clouds in the sky.

"Yeah, he does."

"So, I see you and Paul made up...and made out" Embry smirked looking ahead. I grinned.

"Aw, baby, don't be jealous. You'll lose your virginity...eventually" I retort and ruffle his hair. He sends me a playful glare.

We stopped in front of Emily's house and went inside to find Emily cleaning. We greeted one another and Embry made small talk with Emily whilst I collected a bag of clothes and then changed into black leggings and a blue plaid shirt. I also got the box that was under my bed with some my magic equipment in it.

It wasn't long before Embry was driving to the nearest Walmart and we were stupidly singing to popular pop songs on the radio. There were a few people around, but it wasn't too busy, and we went directly to the laundry section. I decided to get a few ingredients so I can cook something for Paul tonight. We heard a few whispers about Embry and I, but we laughed them off by teaching one another. Now, from what I heard I was either two timing Paul and cheating on him or I had dumped him for Embry. Both wrong, but hey, it's a small town and these people obviously don't have great lives. We went to check out and I paid for the items.

"He should be finished his shift soon" Embry said, pulling up into Paul's driveway and bringing the car to a halt. I nodded.

"Thank you, Embry, for the ride" I smiled, leaning over to hug him.

"No problems. Have you spoken to Jake lately?" He asked rubbing the nape of his neck uncomfortably. I grew uncomfortable and shook my head at the memories.

"Yeah, in fact he came this morning and he...he," I chuckled, without any humour, burying my head in my hands. "He confessed he loved me."

"Oh, god. He's gonna die in patrol" Embry sighed, opening his door. My eyes widened as the thought slipped from my mind. I quickly got out of the car, forgetting my bag inside as Paul and Jacob's safety worried me.

"Embry! We have to stop th-" 

Suddenly a howl broke through the forest, echoing and bouncing off the trees in an angry melody. Embry and I exchanged a quick glance at me before he ran towards the forest line, quickly attempting to remove his clothes. I didn't even take notice as I ran passed him and towards the source of the howl. Embry's wolf caught up to me in no time and ran along side me until a large black wolf jumped in front of me. With my thoughts being so focused on getting to Paul I stumbled right into Sam's hard wolf chest and fell back onto my butt. He let out a low growl and I frowned up at him.

"Don't be like this, Sam. If I don't stop Paul then this fight could get bloody" I reminded him frantically. I stood up, rubbing my butt off, and cursing him in my mind. That hurt. In the distance I heard the loud ruffling of bushes and branches snapping and knew it was going to be a disaster. Embry's wolf looked over at us from the distance and his eyes were enough to tell me that the scene was ugly. "Sam. Move now or else I will make you." Sam growled. "I need to get to Paul." He slowly side stepped over and allowed me to run over to Embry, where he led me to the small clearing in the valley of the hill.

"Paul!" I yelled out. Both wolves stopped at my voice and involuntarily backed away from one another. I noticed most of the pack surrounding the clearing on different parts of the hill and all lowered their head. The sight of Jacob was horrible. He had huge gashes and teeth marks all over his body. Red blood stained his russet coat and Paul had one on his shoulder. 

Don't you ever touch her again. Am I understood? Paul snarled viciously.

I can't believe you slept with her, Jacob growled.

She's my imprint. I can do whatever the hell I like, Paul shot back and I frowned a bit. I meant we.

She's not a possession, Paul, Jacob reminded him. Paul growled viciously. The vicious, animalistic, cruel look in his eye was horrible, it actually scared me. I had seen a lot in my time with many evil forces, but that look in Paul's eye, the red burning rage, sparked a fear inside me. What if we were to get in a fight one day and he turn on me with that look in his eyes. Sam walked beside me and his presence would intimidate anyone. But I wasn't calm enough to care or acknowledge him. 

Just do us all a favour and go back to leech girl. She won't choose you, but you got more of a chance, Paul remarked. Jacob growled and attempted to lunge at Paul when Sam finally stepped in.

That's enough! Paul you taught Jacob a lesson and he's right, Kira is Paul's imprint and they can do whatever they like together, Sam told Jacob sternly. Now go home. Seth and Quil, it's your shift.

Seth and Quil ran off into the trees and out of sight. Paul ran up the hill and behind a large tree to change. I looked down into the clearing where Jacob's wolf stood alone and outcasted. The rest of the pack was turning away and running back to their lives, whilst Jacob was figuring out what to do next. I felt pity for him, of course. I didn't want him to be bullied by Paul or left out, but Jacob needed to sort himself out majorly. He needed to clear his head and figure out what he wanted to do with himself and with the Bella situation, because he can't be stuck in this ditch forever.

"C'mon" Paul muttered, placing his hand on my shoulder. We turned away from the clearing and walked back to his place.

"You didn't have to be that harsh. Why didn't you just talk it out?" I asked genuinely. Paul didn't seem to quite catch on.

"You can't be serious?" He wondered.

"You didn't have to fight him like some macho man. You should have confronted him calmly about it and gotten his side and then discussed from there. You know, 'Why do you feel like this, Jake?' 'Does this have something to do with Bella?' You know what I mean, right?"

"He hurt you, Kira. How was I supposed to stay calm after that?" He asked with confusion.

"You need to try harder. I can help you if you want help with your anger management we can do something, because you scared me a little" I admitted and he stopped in his tracks. His emotions immediately dropped.

"I scared you?"

"You didn't mean to, I know that, you'd never intentionally hurt or scare me. But, that look, Paul, it worried me. I don't want you to ever feel that rage, do you understand?" I stepped closer to him and placed my hand on his stubbled cheek. He looked down at me and nodded. 

"I'm sorry."

"I know you are and if there is a next time I want you to try harder, yeah?"

"I will, especially for you" Paul promised and sealed it with a kiss. 

"I don't want to see you that angry, again. Not ever" I told him and continued walking back to his house. We broke through the tree line and Embry was waiting for us by his truck. When he heard us approaching he looked up from his phone and grabbed the bags from my seat. 

"You might want these." He handed Paul the shopping bags and my bag with a smile.

"Thanks Embry, again" I smiled and hugged him again.

"No problems. See you guys tonight" He smiled brightly and got back into his truck, turning the ignition on. Tonight? We walked into the kitchen Paul placed the bags on the counter. I took the box with my witch stuff in it and took it into Paul's room sliding it under the bed. I walked back out into the kitchen where Paul was.

"What do we have here?" Paul smirked opening the bag with my stuff in it.

"Don't even think about it" I said using my speed to get the bag off of him. Once it was safely in my hands I walked off into his room and placed it on the bed for me to unpack later. I walked back out into the kitchen where Paul had unpacked the groceries.

"Tonight we are going to Emily's place for dinner. It's like a good luck gathering or something?" He informed me with a smile.

"Sounds great" I said realising my essentials bag was still out. I got it and moved it to the bathroom where I placed it on the marble bench next to the sink. I turned around and stumbled into a warm brick wall.

"Paul" I groaned mumbling a cuss word under my breath.

"Did you tell him you loved him back?" He asked gruffly. I frowned and looked up at him. Did he really think I would confess to Jacob that I loved him back?

"No. I told him that it probably just a friend love, nothing more. Then he stormed out" I said watching the his gaze soften. He looked back down at me and smirked.

"I know. I saw through our mind link. Just wanted to make sure" he said leaning down and pulling me closer by my waist.

..

By four o'clock Paul and I were in the car going to Emily's place for dinner. We stopped in the driveway and instead of getting out I remained in my seat fiddling with my fingers in my lap.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I sighed burying my head in my hands.

"I need to go back to Australia" I said looking at him worried of how he'd react. He was looking out the windshield with a strong gaze and pursing lips. He was balling his fists in his lap and shifted in his seat.

"Why?" He growled.

"I honestly don't know. My mum called me a little while ago telling me she had news to tell me. News she couldn't tell me over the phone and-"

"Do you have to go?" He interrupted. I heard the anger rising in his tone.

"Paul! You didn't let me finish," I sighed looking over at him. "I was wondering if you could come with me? Only if you want to though". I fidgeted with my hands that rest in my lap. He got out of the car and walked around. I watched confused as he opened my door and I got out. He suddenly pinned me against the side of the car pressing his lips against mine. My arms instinctively wrapped around his neck as I kissed him back. He pressed his body against mine while his hands were kept firmly on my hips.

"I'd love to come" he smirked in the kiss.

"Good. I need someone to keep me sane while I'm there" I said kissing him back with a smile.

"When do we leave?"

"Tuesday" I told him.

"Easy done" he smirked kissing me again.

"As much as I hate to end this, we should go inside before they get worried" I said when he placed a kiss on my temple, then my cheek, then my neck and then took a step back.

"I don't think they're worried" he said taking my hand and walking up to the house.

"They are currently amused. They've been spying" I said teasingly, but whispered the last part as his hand intertwined our fingers.

"I shouldn't be suprised" he whispered in my ear as we entered the warm house.

"Hey guys" Emily chirped with a smile and walked around the kitchen counter embracing me.

"Hey Emily" I smiled hugging her back.

"Kira!" Kim exclaimed running up to me and hugging me.

"How have you been?! I haven't seen you in ages! When was it? The last bonfire we had which was ages ago" Kim rambled. I chuckled and nodded.

"I know I'm sorry. The whole Ryan situation was a mess, then my mum came here which wasn't any better...just so much has been happening lately" I let out a sigh and playfully rolled my eyes.

"That's okay. We have to organise a girls night out though" Emily smiled and walked back around the kitchen counter and into the kitchen.

"I'm gonna go help the guys out" Paul said pecking my lips and leaving through the back door.

"We do and we should invite Leah" I said taking a seat at the already set table. Emily frowned and remained quiet while she washed the lettuce. Kim took a seat opposite me and and looked down at the utensils that were placed on her left. She straightened then up silently, even though they were already straight.

"I highly doubt she'd come" Emily said shaking her head finally breaking the silence. I nodded and remained silent.

"Hey Kira. How are you going?" Sam said walking in with a smile. He went into the kitchen and leaned against the fridge.

"Hey Kira" Jared exclaimed walking in with a bright smile and sat next to Kim. Paul walked in and put his hands on the back of my chair.

"The others should be here any second" Emily called from the kitchen.

"Oh Kira, something came for you yesterday. It's in the backyard" Sam informed me from the kitchen.

"Uh ok...thank you" I said confused and left the house through the back door. I heard Paul following, and stopped to wait for him, taking his hand when he did catch up and nearly stopped when my eyes landed on the beautiful sight in front of me. I quietly squealed while my eyes widened and I let go of Paul's hand in my excitement.

"OH MY GOD!" I ran up to the orange expensive motorbike that stood proudly in front of Sam's shed.

"Who the hell sent you a brand-new KTM?" Paul asked, a hint of jealousy in his tone. I noticed on the handlebars a note hung from string. I picked the note up and read it;

Kira,
Happy Birthday.
Happy Racing.
Ride or Die right?
-Will

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A KTM is a very expensive brand of dirt bike. The are awesome bikes and look amazing! I just wanna quickly thank everyone that's read this book through to this chapter, and the entire book I hope. I still have ideas so this story won't be ending for a while ;) . Please comment, vote if you liked it or have any suggestions. I really appreciate it. Thanks again.

What do we think at the moment with everything that's been going on?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.1K 1.2K 31
*COMPLETED*Amelia 'Mia' Evans is a junior at Forks High. She and her mom moved back to Forks after living in Seattle ever since she was little. Norma...
111K 2.4K 12
"BECAUSE IM DONE, IM SO DONE! I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE, I WON'T! BECAUSE YOU'RE SO SELFISH, PAUL LAHOTE, YOU'RE A SHITTY PERSON AND I DON'T DESERVE T...
120K 2.6K 47
"So let's test your theory." "What theory?" Paul smirked at me as he backed me up against the door. I watched his eyes as he lifted his arms and tra...
414K 8.1K 56
A different girl moves into La Push and imprints. But the thing is, when she finds out her imprint, already loves someone else. It broke her, but she...