Bumps In The Road / Paul Laho...

By veemarc

Kira West is a powerful witch with a strong bloodline. A tragic event in Kira's tween years instigated a shif... More

Bumps In The Road -Paul Imprint Story-
1. First Day
2. Hostile Introductions
3. Catch Ups
4. Fiery Rage
5. Stirring Tension
6. Stern Discussions
7. Soft Spots
8. Revelations
9. Boiling Point
10. Send Me Back For All I Care
11. Fooled Me Twice
12. Ignorance Isn't Always Bliss
13. Seeking Redemption
14. End The Inevitable
15. BBQ Jealousy
16. An Infliction
17. The Aftermath
18. Bonfire Drama
19. Messed Up
20. Tracker
21. The Proposals
22. Breaking the Spell
23. Unnerved
24. Sneaking Around
25. Potential Progress
26. Deep Suspicions
27. I Need Space
28. Cheek Not Lip
30. The Party and The Confessions
31. The Aftermath
32. The Battle
33. Girls Day Out
34. The Cabin and A Big Question
35. Home Sweet Home
36. Talk Dirty To Me
37. Have To Love A Surprise
38. He Needs To Phase
39. The Wedding I
40. The Wedding II
41. Dissappeared
42. The Phone Call
43. Taken To a Foreign Land
44. The Anxious Wave
45. Getting Her Back
46. Rumours
47. Interruptions
48. She's Here
49. The Huntress
50. Letters To Me
51. Her Past
52. Let's Go To The Cliff
Epilogue

29. You Too?

7.3K 148 17
By veemarc

Chapter 29

Paul's POV

"I thought I told you two not to work her up" Ryder scolded,  glancing between Jacob and I. This made me roll my eyes.

"Nothing would have happened if pup here would leave my imprint alone" I growled, throwing a glaring at Jacob. He was always getting into everyones business or better yet spreading some love parasite that Bella passed onto him. It disgusts me sometimes. 

"You and you. Outside now! I don't want Kira waking up" Ryder ordered pointing to Jacob first then me. I growled and crossed my arms over my chest. Who did this guy think he was ordering people around? He was not superior to me in any shape or form, therefore I found no reason to comply with his demands. Ryder didn't appear to seem impressed though. He gestured to the door with his head and led Jacob. I looked in the direction of the room and contemplating going to look after Kira. But I knew she didn't want to see me right about now and with a groan trudged outside.

"Now, what is the problem between you two?" Ryder asked, chin held high and arms crossed over his chest.

"He keeps trying to make a move on my imprint" I muttered, glaring at Jacob. He glared right back clenching his jaw. This felt like a therapy session.

"He doesn't deserve her" Jacob exclaimed.

"You don't get to decide that" I spat putting my foot forward, with intentions to pounce him.

"It wasn't a decision Paul, it was a fact" Jacob retorted. Something inside me snapped making me lose it and phase then and there. I lunged at him with a growl throwing him back with my head. He flew back and phased in mid air, tossing his body and landing on all fours with a snarl. He ran up to me raising on his hind legs in fury. I intercepted his move and raised on my hind legs as well, claws aimed for his throat. He ended up falling back making us tumble as I fell forward. I bit into his shoulder, the iron taste of his blood barely being acknowledged while I went in for my next attack. 

"Stop it!" Ryder yelled. We ignored Ryder and continued to fight when suddenly, a loud crash of thunder caught our attention. We looked up at the sky in confusion, it was overcast but no dark clouds. "I said break it up!" Ryder pushed me off Jacob and I staggered back due to the amount of force he used. 

He has no idea what he is doing, Jacob scoffed with a growl.

"Am I?" Ryder asked. We both turned our head to him in confusion.

Can he hear our thoughts as well? Jacob asked, heading turning to mine.

"Yes, I can. Special spell Kira's dad taught us, really hard to master, but easier when the master is teaching it to you directly. Now, phase back so I can talk to you properly" Ryder demanded with annoyance. Oh, he was annoyed, was he? I found it annoying that he knew more about Kira that I did and he had been more in her life than I had been. Just knowing her dad taught him something was enough to make me jealous. I'm not able to meet him now and her mum hates me, which puts me in a position to envy the time he had with Kira earlier on in her life.

Crap, we phased in our clothes, I realised.

"You stupid mutts," he huffed. "Here, I hope they are the right size." He handed us a pair of cut off shorts each. We took them between our teeth and ran to the forest line to change into them. Once Jacob and I changed we walked back out to where Ryder stood, both keeping our distance from one another.

"How the hell did you do that thunder thing?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest and waving my finger around as a gesture.

"I am a conjurer. So when I say I am in control over the situation, I'm not really joking. I can make you worst fears appear before your eyes" he smirked. I looked at Jacob then back at Ryder with a brow raised.

"Yeah and I can call UFO's to invade the earth" Jacob chuckled. I didn't chuckle. Seeing what Kira can do is proof that anything is possible. It made me a little nervous he can make my worst fears come to life. All the things he could conjure, all the possible fears, from major to minuscule they all matter and even imagining his kind of torture terrified me.

"Jake!" A soft voice yelled from the driveway. Jacob and I turned our head to see Bella walking over to us, wearing her usual jeans and simple top and her face was pale white, whilst her body odour stunk like a vampire. If she had been turned into bloodsucker I wanted to make sure she didn't go anywhere near Kira, first and foremost, and secondly only that Sam became aware so that we could get the green light to kill the Cullens. Not wanting to make a rash decision straightaway, my body stiffened as she came closer to us nervously.

"B-Bella?" Jacob squeaked unable to talk. He literally squeaked. His eyes were wide and he was frozen in his place. I turned to study his features and his eyes said it all. His brain was attempting to process her, the human girl he loved, standing before him as a monster and another being to what he wanted her as. 

"Edward changed me and we can't see each other ever, ever again. I'm sorry, Jake, that it had to be this way. I truly and honestly loved you," she told him before lifting her hand to place on his cheek, "And if it wasn't for Edward...it would have been you." My brow rose with surprise. We never knew that she felt that way towards him and only ever interpreted her feelings as just friends.

"No Bella! Bells, you can't let him do that" he said his voice cracking, as he tried to reach out for her. Ryder snapped his fingers and she was gone like dust in the wind. Right in front of us she was there one moment, looking real and like a vampire as ever, and then the next moment she was gone, as if she was never even there.

"What was that!" Jacob asked angrily, narrowing his eyes at Ryder. I could see his blood boiling and nearly laughed. Kira would have done the same if she was being doubted (if she could).

"Your fear" Ryder answered with a smug smirk. 

"Dude, your fear is good news" I said honestly.

"What are you guys doing?" A voice from behind us asks. I turn my head to look over my shoulder and see Kira walking over to us. She was wearing Jacob's shirt and barefoot as she walked over to us. 

"Hey, Kira" I smiled turning around, only to frown at what little she was wearing. She smiled passed me and barely brushed my shoulder as she approached Jacob and wrapped an arm around his neck. I couldn't even acknowledge the pain the swelled in my heart at the sight that hitched the breath in my throat. 

"Hey babe," she muttered softly. She put her hand to the nape of his neck and pressed her lips to his. "I missed you" she murmured to him. Ryder snapped his fingers again and she was gone like the wind, like Bella. I let out a sigh of relief.

"I like your fear" Jacob chuckled grinning like an idiot. I growled at him angrily and felt my body shake. My wolf growled angrily at Jacob and more at Ryder for doing such a thing.

"That's messed up!" I shouted angrily, but Ryder remained calm.

"When it comes to Kira and her witch training I'm in charge because I know better" Ryder informed us with a serious tone.

"You're not in charge when it has anything to do with Kira" I said glaring at him, my blood boiling with anger. 

"When you're the reason she's like this then yes...I am in charge," I looked at him confused. "When you did what you did to her the other day... you made her feel like she has to prove her worth to you."

"She has nothing to prove" I said, shaking my head with disbelief.

"Well you clearly gave her the need to" Jacob said rolling his eyes. Him interrupting, broke my anger and I jumped forward pushing him back shaking angrily. He chuckled aggravating me even more. I right hooked his cheek making him stagger. He looked over at me anger clear in his eyes. A loud whinny broke us up instantly and the intensity of the shrill had Jacob and I forced to our knees and clutching our ears with dull pain. Luckily, the pain subsided quickly and when we looked up form the ground Ryder was petting a large, white horse on the neck. I heard the back door close abruptly. Dismissing the horse as an illusion, Jacob and I got up slowly in attempt to recover.

"He's looking good, isn't he? I thought I heard you" a sweet voice spoke in front of us. Jacob and I stood up and saw Kira petting the horses head as she wore jeans and an over-sized hoodie.

"Kira, I don't think that's safe" I warned taking her upper arm and attempted to pull her away. She pulled her arm out of my hold without making eye contact.

"She's fine" Ryder chuckled, glancing at Kira with an unknown emotion that made me uncomfortable. Their entire history made me weary. I growled at him before looking back at Kira.

"I didn't realise you cared Paul" she mumbled, stroking the horses head soothingly. My brows knitted together the situation growing more confusing. Of course I cared, why would she think that I didn't?

"Kira, I do care" I told her sincerely, attempting to capture her attention without physically touching her or the creepy horse. Her attention seemed firmly on the horse or Ryder, but it faltered as she looked at me with disappointment.

"So you cared for me when you were lying?" She asked, her brow cocking.

"I was only trying to protect you," I tried to convince her, stepping closer. "Look can we just...talk?" She glanced at Ryder briefly before nodding.

"Fine".

Kiras POV

We silently walked into his bedroom, the entire time it was silent and somewhat awkward. Paul suggested we take the route through the forest and he kept a safe distance from me, which I appreciated. The forest calmed me down as the serene sounds calmed my nerves and the sight of nature put my racing mind at peace for a moment. As soon as we stepped into his house the thoughts came rushing back as if flood-gates had been opened and I placed myself on the edge of the bed whilst Paul leant against the opposite wall. An awkward silence mingled with tension in the air.

"You know I was only trying to protect you, right?" He asked, looking up from the ground and in the eye. I sighed and looked away from the intensity of his eyes.

"Yeah, I know and I appreciate the thought, but-"

"-I should have let you fight?" He finished my sentence nodding and let out a deep exhale.

"I can fight, Paul, but it's like you doubted me and then stopped me from even trying" I told him with strong execution. I was surprised at the strength in my own voice and wanted to pat myself on the back. I didn't think I'd be able to keep it together. He thought for a moment. 

"Have you ever been in a cat fight?" He asked, and for a moment I couldn't tell if he was joking or not. Then the corners of his lips tugged upwards and the sight of his smile instantly made me forget why I was made at him, what he did, why he did it and that I am a witch who wants to fight a bunch of stupid vampires so one measly girl can live. A smile tugged on my lips, regardless how mad I was, and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"More than one" I chuckled, shaking my head. He chuckled and leant his head back against the wall, letting out a groan. It was silent again.

"You got my support then" he sighed defeated. I frowned, almost not fully believing him.

"Really?" I ask with disbelief.

"Yes" he mumbled, with a roll of his eyes. A bright smile became known on my lips as I sprung from the bed and roped my arms around his neck, pulling him into a tight hug.

"I love you" he mumbled in to my ear.

I froze.

My eyes widened and I parted abruptly. 

"What?" I ask, my voice shaky. 

He froze.

"What?" His words replayed in my mind and my brain switched modes again. My smile dropped as panic overwhelmed me at the sound of the words.

"I-okay, um..." I muttered, shaking my head. I sped away from the room, my mind wrapping around the words over and over and over again.

"Hey! Where are you going?" He asked running after me. I stopped and turned around facing him.

"Emily called me" I replied without even thinking and it was a stupid thing for me to do.

"But your phone..." He trailed walking closer to me hesitantly.

"Yeah, it's just-I'll see you at training" I told him turning around and leaving the house in a haste.

Paul's POV

I was left standing in the middle of the house with confusion. I knew I felt that way towards her, but I didn't think they would come out like that. I didn't intend to tell her like that and now I wished I'd kept my damn mouth shut. Even though I didn't mean to say it, didn't mean I didn't feel that way, but did she, really? The way she ran. I mean, she is my imprint. Shouldn't she love me back? Why didn't she tell me she loved me back? 

A huge anger wave ran through me as all these questions whirled around in my head. I balled my fists with anger, not at her-but myself for being a grade-A idiot. Before I made any damage to the wall I ran out of the house and phased. Jared and Embry were running patrol and instantly saw what just happened.

Oh, man that's harsh, Jared's voice spoke in my head as the previous events accidently flowed through my mind freshly.

Keep reminding me, I growled with a snap of my jaws and I purposefully bumped into a tree, feeling satisfaction when I heard it crack.

Dude, I'm sure she loves you...she was just...overwhelmed, Embry attempted to assure me calmly.

She seemed so overwhelmed to get out of there, Jared laughed.

Shut it! I shouted angrily snapping my jaw again.

Calm down, Embry suggested. How can he be so calm? My imprint doesn't love me and he is calm?

She loves you Paul, you're just overreacting, Jared sighed.

How did Kim react when you told her? I asked. He replayed the vision of him and Kim at the beach watching the sunset. He told her he loved her and she confessed she loved him back. Happily ever after, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I blurted it, I mean it just came out in the spur of her happiness and when she smiled like that because of me...I didn't even mean to, I asked shaking my head with a grunt.

I don't know. Different imprints, different stories. Kira's history is different to most people's or in this case imprints history. How well do you know Kiras history? Embry asked.

I know the core, but she hasn't really opened up how I imagined my imprint would, I admitted, a small sense of calmness coursing through me slowly.

Never thought Paul LaHote would have girl issues, Jared laughs.

Don't push it, Cameron, I growl.

Training came around slowly and we all met up at our usual spot, alert and aware and justing waiting for one of the perfect bloodsuckers to screw up. Once we were all there Sam led us to the clearing where the vampires stood talking amongst one another. I snarled instinctively seeing them-- we all did. The stench burned our nostrils making them flare is disgust. It was our natural instinct to hate them with such a passion.

A sweet scent suddenly caught my nostrils making my head perk up. Kira came out of the clearing her eyes instantly locking with mine and she walked over to us.

"Glad to see you Kira" Carlisle nodded.

"Glad to be here Carlisle" she nodded back, stopping beside Embry and ruffling the hair on his head. I tried my hardest not be envious and instead grateful that she was at least standing on our side and that Embry would be looking after her.

"OK, well lets not waste time" Jasper said, his velvet voice floating through the air, whilst standing and nodding at Emmett. The big guy stood up with a smirk and excitement in his step as he bounded over to the middle to try and knock Jasper off his feet.

We watched closely one by one as they went into the middle and practised against each other. I took glances at Kira most the time even if Sam didn't one hundred percent like it, he still knew my strong reasons why and Embry assured me that he was keeping a sharp eye on her. 

"Kira! Edward! You're up!" Jasper yelled out. She nodded and ran up along with Edward. My heart thudded against my rib cage as my eyes focused on Kira and Edward. 

"Ready?" she asked nonchalantly.

"Can I trust that you won't burn me?" Edward asked teasingly, which I didn't like whatsoever. She chuckled and shrugged.

"I can't promise anything" she said with a smirk.

"Right then, good luck" he winked almost to seduce her. I took a slight step forward snarling viciously to warn him.

Back the hell off! I yelled knowing he could hear me. He ignored me.

"Right back at ya" she smirked back, leaning her weight on her weaker leg and prepared to attack.

They both took a step back as the stared skeptically at one another. Edward made the first move and ran attempting to kick her. Before he even reached her she was already punching his gut resulting him in flying backwards unexpectedly. He got back up and ran up to her swinging a punch. She dodged it and in the meantime he quickly kicked her leg making her fall. She landed with a thud to the ground and let out a surprised groan. 

I took another step forward. Sam turned his head and growled warning me to stay back.

But Sam, I whined.

She can handle herself, he told me.

I looked over to see Kira getting up. She quickly jumped up in the tree making us lose sight of her. Edward followed her up. She jumped down and looked around skeptically.

"C'mon Cullen" she sneered. Her head suddenly snapped to the side a blur ran her way. In a blur he was throwing a punch at her but she caught it and spun it behind his back. She kicked the back of his knee caps forcing him down.

Told you, Sam said.

"Well done, Kira" Jasper nodded at her.

"Didn't even break a sweat, Cullen, gutted mate" she winked, her Australian accent making a quick appearance in her tone, as she smiled and made her way back beside Embry. Her eyes locked with mine for a second before they steered of somewhere else and I let out a quiet whimper.

"See you tomorrow" Carlisle said concluding training. I ran out and changed into my shorts in record time before running back out with the hopes to talk to Kira. I looked around and Kira was no where to be seen. The Cullen's were slowly leaving and I looked through them, hoping that she was talking to one of them at least meaning that she was still around. But there was not sign of her.

"So did you ask?" Jared asked standing beside me.

"Does it look like I have?" I snapped angrily narrowing my eyes at him.

"Sorry. Just asking" he said raising his hands in surrender at my outburst.

I stripped of my shorts tightening them to my ankles as I phased back. We went out separate ways while I sprinted home desperate to see if Kira was there.

"Kira!" I yelled the sound echoing throughout the empty house. No answer. I sighed feeling the anger quickly rise and my foot flew into the coffee table sending it flying and breaking against the opposite wall. What can I say, it helped release some of the anger. I need to desperately talk to her. I picked up my phone and called her. I waited for her to pick, but no one picked up.

..

The rest of the week was the same. She avoided me at all cost. On Wednesday I saw her at the cliffs when I was on patrol, but when I phased back to talk to her she was gone. It was weird, almost as is she knew I knew she was there. It's frustrating because I just need to explain myself to her, but I can't when she is always one step ahead of me. At Emily's she would avoid contact and talked to Embry a lot of the time. He told me she as doing okay and that she hadn't discussed much about how she was feeling in terms of me.

On Thursday night a last minute training was planned and us wolves reluctantly made an appearance. When we arrived in a different location then the last times I searched for Kira and frowned when she didn't arrive

"Lets start!" Jasper called out once we settled. I snarled.

What about Kira? I asked growling.

"She's not coming" Edward said glancing at me front across the field.

And why not? I yelled back.

"All I know is today she called up and said she was busy and couldn't come. She said she was ready though" Edward said with a shrug and turned back to his 'family'.

Busy doing what? I growled.

"Maybe she got sick of you mutt?" He chuckled. I snarled and attempted to lunge forward but Sam stopped me.

Don't, Paul, Sams voice rang through my head as a warning. I backed away compiling to his Alpha orders and waited for training to finish, my thoughts on only one person.

.

Once it finished I ran home checking the house in case she was here. But I got no smell nor sight of her and Sam told me she wan't at their place. My eyes landed on my cell phone that sat on the kitchen island. I had to try. I walked up to it snatching it off the island and dialled her number. It called and after the second ring it picked up, to both my surprise and relief.

"Heellllooo" a voice slurred on the other end. My brows knitted together because the voice didn't sound like hers.

"Who is this?" I grow worried, knowing it wasn't Kira's voice.

"Who this isss?" The voice slurred screwing up their wording. They started laughing hysterically while I tried to control my anger.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"I'm Dannn" the voice slurred.

"Dan Worner?" I ask as my eyebrows knitted together. Dan Worner was a jock a couple of years junior of me. Hearing his voice pick up her phone made me angrier than I already am. More importantly where is Kira and why did he had her phone?

"That's meee" he slurred laughing. Man this guy was seriously drunk.

"Where the hell are you?" I growled.

"It's a party!" He yelled. Party? Is that why Kira wasn't at training. She went to a party. I heard a bit of hollering on the receiver and shut my eyes tightly in frustration.

"Dan, where are you?" I asked as calmly as I could opening my eyes.

"I am at- Whoa babe slow down!" He laughed drunkly into the phone. Who was he talking to?

"Who's that?!" I asked wondering if it was Kira.

"So many questionsss. Come to the party!" He yelled.

"What party?" I asked irritated.

"Patty, Patty, PK housey house. It's big, man, like bigger than your mum!" He laughed and I didn't know whether to roll my eyes or just be grateful that we weren't half of the same species. He knew that joke was too old and too over used to be said. Next thing I comprehended was the name. Patty K. There was only one Patty K I knew that lived in La Push and the thought of having show up there made me groan.

"Is Kira there?" I asked.

"Babe! Wait, Kira who?" He asked laughing and hung up. My eyes widened as I glared down at the phone that was no longer on a call. With a growl I shoved the phone in my pocket and raced into my car, driving to the house that brought back bad memories.

Hey guys, 

So this chapter has been edited and kind of randomly as well. I have been meaning to go through them properly but have been a little busy. Because of this there will be some slight inconsistencies, like behaviour and Kira's living arrangements. Don't stress to much and I aplogise if it becomes annoying, I am trying to work on it. Please don't be afraid to ask questions or request explanations for anything I am happy to share thoughts and intentions! Thanks once again!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 29.7K 82
This story is complete ⚠️Warning⚠️ Smut in this Book!- Description of sexual activity, body parts, Inappropriate language, gif that show Semi sexual...
414K 8.1K 56
A different girl moves into La Push and imprints. But the thing is, when she finds out her imprint, already loves someone else. It broke her, but she...
38.1K 1.2K 31
*COMPLETED*Amelia 'Mia' Evans is a junior at Forks High. She and her mom moved back to Forks after living in Seattle ever since she was little. Norma...
316 18 120
Kira Delta, a wolf with a secret that even she doesn't know about yet, moves to Bedburg Hills Wyoming before the beginning of her Junior year. She li...