Bumps In The Road / Paul Laho...

By veemarc

Kira West is a powerful witch with a strong bloodline. A tragic event in Kira's tween years instigated a shif... More

Bumps In The Road -Paul Imprint Story-
1. First Day
2. Hostile Introductions
3. Catch Ups
4. Fiery Rage
5. Stirring Tension
6. Stern Discussions
7. Soft Spots
8. Revelations
9. Boiling Point
10. Send Me Back For All I Care
11. Fooled Me Twice
12. Ignorance Isn't Always Bliss
13. Seeking Redemption
14. End The Inevitable
15. BBQ Jealousy
16. An Infliction
17. The Aftermath
18. Bonfire Drama
19. Messed Up
20. Tracker
21. The Proposals
22. Breaking the Spell
23. Unnerved
24. Sneaking Around
25. Potential Progress
26. Deep Suspicions
27. I Need Space
29. You Too?
30. The Party and The Confessions
31. The Aftermath
32. The Battle
33. Girls Day Out
34. The Cabin and A Big Question
35. Home Sweet Home
36. Talk Dirty To Me
37. Have To Love A Surprise
38. He Needs To Phase
39. The Wedding I
40. The Wedding II
41. Dissappeared
42. The Phone Call
43. Taken To a Foreign Land
44. The Anxious Wave
45. Getting Her Back
46. Rumours
47. Interruptions
48. She's Here
49. The Huntress
50. Letters To Me
51. Her Past
52. Let's Go To The Cliff
Epilogue

28. Cheek Not Lip

6.6K 176 13
By veemarc

Chapter 28

Jacobs POV

I pulled up my shorts exiting the forest. I had to do an extra patrol for the other night, when I kissed Kira. I sighed irritably, after this morning I was more annoyed at Paul.

First he barged into my house and then scared Kira out in the process. Second when we got on patrol, after Kira ran out, he attacked me for nearly no reason. I thought he had found out about the kiss Kira and I shared last night. He heard my theory through our mind link and attacked me again. But damn that girl. I have this pull towards her and I don't know why. It gets me in trouble every freaking time though. But that kiss...

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I saw a buff guy fly out of the back door of my house and land with an oof! in my backyard.

"What the hell?" I muttered, furrowing my brows. How the hell did he get in my house? Then I remember, Kira! Did he hurt her?

Suddenly Ryder ran out of the back door and raised his arms, a sword materialised in his hand. He swung his arm down and impaled the guy in the waist. I grimaced disgustedly at the gruesome scene. The guy erupted in flames and disintegrated within a matter of seconds.

"Barstard" Ryder growled, making the sword disappear and dusted his hands off on his jeans.

"What the hell!?" I yelled storming up to him.

"I told her! But she doesn't listen!" He yelled throwing his hands in the air. He seemed to not have noticed me because he didn't reply to my outburst. He simply turned around to walk back into the house.

"Who? Kira? Is she OK?" I asked, frantically comprehending his words. I walked after him confused on whether or not he'd seen me yet or not.

"What about Kira?" A gruff voice yelled behind me. I looked over my shoulder and growled when I saw it was Paul. Why was he here? I clenched my jaw angrily and focused my attention on Kira. Ryder stormed back into the house. I followed him worried about Kira and heard Paul hot on my heels.

I saw him walk into the laundry and when I walked in I saw him walk back out holding Kira in his arms. He walked down the hallway to my room with Paul and I following him confused as to what was going on. He walked to my room and placed her gently on my bed. She seemed to be in a deep slumber.

"I told her, but no. She is so damn stubborn!" He continued to ramble to himself angrily.

"You told her what? And who was that guy?" I snapped at him trying to get his attention. He turned around and noticed Paul and I. He frowned and crossed his arms over his chest.

"I told her not to over train herself unnesecarilly. Not with the battle coming up anyway" he explained.

"Who was that guy?" Paul asked with a growl. I looked at him briefly over my shoulder and then turned back to Ryder. Paul looked beyond pissed, I was just worried and scared for her.

"That was a warlock".

"Is she OK?" Paul asked walking up to her and pulling a strand from her eyes. I wanted to throw him off her, but after all she was his Imprint and that was a bit irrational. All I was to her was a friend and I probably always will be.

I can't believe how messed up thing have got. I have these stupid feelings for Bella and this pull to Kira. I just want to find my imprint in hope she'll cut all those strings. I feel so desperate to find my imprint in hope I can focus on just her.

"That's the warlock I was tracking. Lucky I got here in time. He was draining the life out of her, literally" Ryder said shaking his head disapprovingly. I couldn't imagine Kira lifeless and to be honest I didn't want to. That is a horrible thought for anyone, especially a loved one.

"I'll watch her" I said walking up to the bed when Paul stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Like hell you will" he growled.

"My house, Paul" I growled back.

"My imprint, Jacob," he reminded me. "You should go back to that leech lover. You got more of a chance". That's when something inside me snapped and I lost it. I punched his cheek making him stagger to the side. He quickly regained his balance and pushed me back.

"Oi! Stop it!" Ryder yelled, pushing Paul away from me while we both shook violently. "Neither of you will be watching Kira till you both cool off! Am I understood?" Ryder growled this time.

"No offence witch boy but you can't tell me what to do" Paul spat angrily wiping his lip that had already started healing.

"Like hell I can" he smirked. Suddenly a large white wolf appeared in front of my bed where Kira lay. Paul and I took a few steps back in shock. The wolf began snarling viciously taking a step forward.

"What the hell?" Paul and I muttered in usion.

"This is what I call under control," Ryder smirked. "Got it?" I nodded reluctantly. Paul on the other hand growled angrily and took a step forward towards Kira. The wolf snarled at Paul warningly. Paul stood back and looked away angrily.

"Good," Ryder said, clicking his finger and the wolf disappeared, "Two hours each. I'll take the first shift. Remain calm around her, she can't get worked up".

"I call second" Paul said beating me to it. I sighed and left the room as Paul reluctantly followed. I jumped on the couch and my eyes drooped closed.

.

I was suddenly shaken awake. I opened my eyes to see Ryder standing in front of me.

"Your turn mate. I'm going to report my vanquish. I should be an hour or so if Kira hasn't woken by then Paul can take my shift" he explained. I nodded and he faded out. I presumed that teleportation was his special ability.

I walked into my room and found Paul curled up beside Kira. I decided to let him be and sat on the other side of the room and watched Kira.

.

It has been an hour or two and Paul was knocked out, Ryder hadn't come back yet and I've noticed Kira move her finger every now and then or her foot. I watched as I saw her eye lids flutter open. I got up and walked over to her.

"Paul" she mumbled softly. I sighed and muttered an 'of course' under my breath.

"It's Jacob, how do you feel?" I asked. She looked over at Paul and frowned. She slowly and carefully tried to get up from his hold, but failed because Paul tightened his hold on her. She sighed and turned around. I looked away not wanting to see her display of affection. I looked back at her and saw her get out of his his hold and stood up.

"Works every time" she smiled running her hand through her hair looking behind her then back at me. "What happened?"

"Well apparently you were nearly drained the life out of! What the hell is going on about the training thing?" I asked her as quietly as possible. Before she could answer I heard Paul stir in his sleep. I grasped her upper arms and pulled her out in the hallway.

Kira's POV

Jacob grasped my upper arms and pulled me into the hallway pinning me to the wall.

"Jake" I warned. Cheek not lip, Ryder's words rang through my head.

"Kira, he hurt you. I can help ease that pain" he whispered in my ear. I looked him in the eye and noticed him looking me in the eye then at my lips, then back up to my eyes. He leaned closer.

"Jake" I warned again. Cheek not lip. He leaned closer ignoring my pleads. I put my hand on his chest attempting to push him off me, but he stood his ground. When he was inches away I moved my head so he kissed my cheek.

"I can help you, he isn't good for you" he whispered again. I knew he was trying to make me give in, but I couldn't.

"I'm his imprint" I argue looking him in the eye again.

"Don't remind me" he muttered under his breath anger flashing in his eyes.

"Jake, I can't do this, Paul is in the other room and I might be mad at him...but I l-" Jake cut me off by pressing his body to mine and kissing me firmly.

"Jacob" I mumbled in the kiss. He backed off and looked me in the eye.

"Kira...I-" he didn't finish. I cut him off by slapping him. His head turned due to the impact and left a red mark.

"I'm not Bella, Jacob" I spat angrily. He regained himself and stood firmly.

"You told me you didn't want to hurt me...your doing that now" he said angrily, making the guilt build up inside me.

"I'm not going to lead you on Jake, it's not right. I can't and won't speak for Bella but it's not fair. You deserve to imprint and pure love" I said speaking more softer.

"I don't think I'll ever imprint" he concluded shaking his head with a frown.

"You will and she'll be one lucky girl" I said with a smile.

"You could be that girl," he pressed. "You have the strong personality, beautiful eyes".

"Jake, don't sweet talk me" I chuckled looking away.

"Pretty smile" he continued putting a stand of hair behind my ear.

"I'm not kidding. I'll slap you again" I warned looking him in the eye again.

"Strong personality..." He trailed.

"I'll call for Paul" I threat raising a brow. He raised a brow himself and leaned closer testing the limits.

"What the hell is wrong with you Black!?" Paul's voice boomed through the house. He jumped in front of me, pushing Jacob back and into the opposite wall. Lucky Paul didn't push him harder or Jacob would have gone through the wall. "You think you'd learn from the first time...and second".

"I didn't do anything" Jacob mumbled, but I knew it was a lie. Paul began shaking violently storming up to Jacob and punched him. He brought his knee up to Jacobs stomach.

"Paul! Get off him! Stop it!" I yelled taking hold of Paul's arm and pulling him away from Jacob.

"Don't you dare touch her again" he spat as Jacob slowly stood up.

"You don't deserve her!" Jake yelled making Paul more furious then he already was.

"You son of a bitch" Paul cussed lunging at Jacob.

"Paul, stop!" I yelled jumping in front and putting my hands on his chest walking forward.

"I'm back!" Ryder yelled from the front door.

"Calm down, before someone gets hurt" I said with a sigh and took my hand away from Paul's chest.

"The only person I'm gonna hurt will be him" Paul spat angrily at Jake and shook violently. I knew that if I didn't calm him down soon he'd phase. I put my hand to his cheek and forced him to look at me.

"Paul, calm down...please" I whispered. He looked down at me as his eyes softened. He leaned in closer as he placed a soft kiss to my lips. I felt his hand around my waist and pulled away.

"Have you two been at each other's throats?" Ryder asked entering the room. I felt Paul's arm tighten around my waist and pulled me closer. I looked down unable to face Jake.

"Just making sure puppy knows his place" Paul growled pulling me even closer to his side.

"Kira" Ryder said. I nodded and walked beside him.

"You two, go cool off. Until then no one is to visit Kira. She need rest for tonight" Ryder announced.

"Thank you" I whispered. I walked past Paul and Jacob rolling my eyes, but a smirk tugged on my lips. I'm Paul's imprint, why does Jake keep denying that? I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Paul's POV

"Paul, calm down...please" she whispered desperately. I looked down at her my eyes instantly softening. I've missed her touch, her words, her hugs, her kisses...everything. I leaned in closer craving her lips against mine. I gave into my emotions placing a soft kiss to her lips not wanting to rush anything, considering I know she's still mad at me. I attempted to put my hand around her waist to pull her closer, but she pulled away.

"Have you two been at each other's throats?" Ryder asked entering the room. I tighten my arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me. I look at her to see her looking down. I look back up at Jacob to see anger written clearly on his face.

"Just making sure puppy knows his place" I growled pulling her even closer to my side partly reminding Jacob she is mine.

"Kira" Ryder said. She nodded and walked beside him. It stung and annoyed me that she listened and obeyed him so easily, whereas with me it's like a challenge.

"You two, go cool off. Until then no one is to visit Kira. She needs rest for tonight" Ryder announced. I got angry at the thought of not being able to see and protect her, but there is something I need to take care off.

"Thank you" I hear her whisper. She walked past Jacob and rolling her eyes while a smirk tugged on her lips.

"I thought I told you two not to work her up" Ryder scolded looking between Jacob and I once she had left the room.

"Nothing would have happened if pup here would leave my imprint alone" I growled glaring at Jacob.

"You and you. Outside now! I don't want Kira waking up" Ryder ordered. To be honest I hate how he is always acting like he's her...imprint or something.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.3K 1.3K 30
I always hated the part in Twilight where the wolves imprint on children so I decided to write an alternate version where that just doesn't happen. I...
909K 25.5K 30
γ€Œπ——π—˜π—¦π—’π—Ÿπ—”π—§π—˜γ€β We all made mistakes❞ β–ͺ︎ Synopsis β–ͺ︎ Serena, the eldest Black sister, had moved after she had broken it off with Paul Lahote. Bef...
85.5K 2.3K 33
Elizabeth "Eli" Lahote is the younger sister of Paul Lahote. Eli lives with her mother in Tacoma, Washington while her brother stays with his father...
111K 2.4K 12
"BECAUSE IM DONE, IM SO DONE! I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE, I WON'T! BECAUSE YOU'RE SO SELFISH, PAUL LAHOTE, YOU'RE A SHITTY PERSON AND I DON'T DESERVE T...