kitten ⌁ dramione

By holycrucio

❝what is 'kitten' for?❞ his lips twitched into a smile that he tried to bite away; his silver eyes lit up. ❝... More

kitten-a.n
II
III
IV

I

418 12 0
By holycrucio

ϟ

"You can't live here forever, you know." Lavender said callously. Hermione scanned the fridge for a milk jug, tapping her fingertips on the door handle.

"Lavender," Ron sighed and looked at Lavender with a warning look, "she can stay as long as she needs to." He turned to Hermione, who had just grabbed the half-empty milk jug from the last shelf of fridge door. "You can stay as long as you need to."

Hermione nodded, "it's just until I get on my feet, alright?" She unscrewed the purple lid from the jug. "And I do appreciate your hospitality. I'm leaving soon, I promise." Hermione poured the creamy white milk into the deep glass.

"Better be before Octavia comes..." Lavender sneered and stuffed half of a pancake in her mouth. Octavia Jessabelle Weasley was Ron and Lavender's soon-to-be-born infant.

Hermione had been staying with the couple for a few months: specifically five. Hermione was successful: she had a steady job and an alright apartment; she was happy. It was after her mothers passing when her downfall came. Hermione wouldn't go to work half of the week, she would slam the door in her landlord's face when he would ask for the rent, and so on. She was locked out of her apartment one night after visiting her father and so she came to call on the loyalty of Ronald Weasley.
~
Hermione sat in her car outside of her childhood home; she wondered if comforting her broken father was worth enduring the broken memories that the house kept. She let out a sigh as she opened the door of her car and stepped out. She closed the door with force and clicked the button on her keys, initiating the beep of her car that notified that she had, indeed, locked it.
As she drew nearer to the front door, she could already hear her heart beat faster. She closed her eyes before knocking her knuckles against the wood.

"I don't want your damn lasagna." A raspy voice said. Hermione tried to block out the sting of hurt that was caused by her father's broken voice.

"Dad? I-It's Hermione." She spoke loud enough to get through the door. She heard footsteps and then the unlocking of the wooden, white door. Her father's figure appeared behind the wood. A broken smile transfigured onto his unshaven face.

"Hi honey." He said, trying to clear his throat; he welcomed her into the home. She saw seven empty bottles (and one half empty one) on the table and looked back at her father. He noticed her hesitation and he shook his head. "The overall of the week. Don't worry, I can control myself."

"Two a night then?" She asked, raising her brown eyebrows. Her father gave her a shy smile, yet nodded.

Hermione nodded slowly and continued through the house. Her hands ran across almost every item. She hadn't been there for ages.

Suddenly she heard sobs from behind her back. Hermione turned to see her father crying and trying to muffle his noises with his large hand. Hermione's eyebrows furrowed together; she felt depression rush over her. She hurried to her father and wrapped her skinny, pale arms around his body. His arms flapped around her like eagle wings protecting her.

"I miss her so much, honey." His sobs were muffled in her shoulder. "Why'd she leave us?"

"I..." Hermione's voice got caught in her throat.

"I loved her so much. How could she leave me?" He pulled away from Hermione and screamed. He shuffled back to the kitchen table, grabbing his bottle of whiskey roughly. Hermione chewed on her bottom lip.

"Dad-"

"Honey, I think you should go. I don't want you to see me like this."

"But Dad, I just-"

"Dammit Hermione, get out!" He smaller his hand on the table, knocking over an empty glass.

Hermione ran out of the house, confused; emotional. She slammed her car door shut and buckled herself in her seat. She sat for a moment, playing the events through her brain like a cinema movie. She put her head against the steering wheel and closed her eyes. 'He just needed time', she thought.

She walked up the stairs (the elevator was broken) and made it to her apartment. The green numbers on the door showed seventy-five. Hermione shoved the key into the hole aggressively and turned it, but it wouldn't budge. She kicked and pushed with all her might, but nothing came of it. She knew she'd been locked out. Of course. She thought of taking the key and jabbing it in her throat.

Once learning the dreadful news, she dragged herself back down the stairs; she cursed as she went along. She got into her car once again and drove to Ronald's house, as her father quite definitely was not an option.

She made it to Ron's house out of luck. Her eyesight had been blurred due to her eyes being glossed with tears.

She knocked impatiently at the door. She didn't care to look at her watch for the time.

"Dammit Ronald, open the door-"

The door swung open and revealed Lavender. Her face automatically screwed up at the sight of Hermione. Hermione's eyes rolled around in her head.

"Surprise." Hermione said in a sarcastically enthusiast voice and pushed her way into the house. "Ronald! Where are you?" She yelled around the house. Ron came tumbling through the hallways, tripping over his own large clown feet. His face showed loads of confusion.

"What-"

"I was locked out of my place. A-And I was wondering if..."

"Oh. Mione of course. You can stay as long as needed." He said, shaking his head; reassuring her of any negative outcomes. He was quick to wrap his arms around her and pull her in to a tight hug. "I'm sorry about your mum... and your apartment."
~
Hermione sat down on the grey couch with her glass of milk in her left hand. She sat silently, occasionally taking a sip of her drink.

"Mione, you should probably start getting ready for work."

Ah, yes. Although she'd almost lost it all, her boss was sympathetic enough to let Hermione keep her job. She was a receptionist at the ministry so it wasn't some big whoop to her. Hermione huffed and forced herself off of the couch. She dragged her body up the narrow hallway and opened the guest bedroom door, which had been hers for the past five months.

She quickly threw on some black trousers and a grey button up shirt. She pulled her mane – that some called hair – into a low bun. She eyed herself in the mirror and shrugged.

"Good enough." She mumbled and threw on some brown flats.

She stumbled through the hallway once again, grabbed her bag near the door, and opened the front door. Before stepping out, she took a look behind her to see Lavender straightening Ron's shirt collar. He kissed her cheek lovingly. She didn't know if she thought she'd were sweet or if she wanted to throw up in her mouth.

"Bye, see you later." She said to the couple before closing the brown door behind her. She stared at the sky for a moment, taking in the scenery. The golden sun shinned ever-so brightly and it warmed her skin. It was unlike London to be so generous. She almost felt happy. Almost.

Hermione let out a huff. "Another day to be in the books."

△⃒⃘

Hermione walked through the double-doors at 5:46am. She carelessly walked passed her coworkers, wishing her good morning. She sat down at the front desk and straightened herself before Pansy appeared in front of the desk.

Hermione looked up to find Pansy and small, blue plate full of different types of cookies with a clear wrap covering them. She closed her eyes and shook her head, although Pansy didn't notice.

"Good morning Hermione. I know you don't like the sympathy cookies, but I know these are your favorites. So..."

"Thank you, Pansy. I appreciate your... cookies greatly." Hermione said gently; she grabbed the plate with both hands, pulling it down on to her. Pansy gave her a sad smile and nodded.

"So.. erm, I'm going out with a few friends later and wondered–"

"Thank you. I appreciate it." Hermione pushed. Pansy pressed her lips together tentatively.

"Good day, Hermione. Feel better..." she whispered and walked away to her own office. Hermione sat for a moment, almost regretting pushing Pansy away. 'She'd only been trying to help', Hermione told herself. She took a deep breath and looked at the stack of papers on her desk. A green sticky note was stamped at the top. 'File in Alphabetical. Thanks.'

She ripped the sticky note from the stack and crumbled it into a ball before throwing it into the trash bin by her left foot. She scanned through the documents, highlighting the titles before trying to file them in the requested order.

"Erm, Ms.Granger?" Hermione looked up from her desk to see a tall, lanky, anxious looking boy with short, black hair. He looked around seventeen or eighteen years old. His glasses were sitting on the top of his nose, his ocean blue eyes avoided contact with her own. Hermione stared at him, raising her eyebrows in curiosity.

"Yes– Er," she looked at the minuscule name tag on his shirt. "Fredrick?" She asked, forcing a smile onto her pink lips. The boy nodded slightly and cleared his throat.

"Yes, erm, Mr.Shacklebolt wanted me to–erm– pass the news onto you." He said, taking his fingers and running them through his thick hair.

"And that would be?" Hermione pressed on.

"Oh! Yes– erm, he says that you've been promoted, Ms.Granger." He said, laying a piece of parchment in front of Hermione. "H-He says he wants to put your brain to– erm, better use." He added. Hermione looked at the boy and then the paper he laid in front of her.

CASEWORKER

As a caseworker, you will work on certain cases given to you by your supervisor (Ms. Parkinson). Depending on the case, you will need to be able to travel and have an open-mind. You cannot refuse a case, although your client can refuse you. You will be appointed to the case of a criminal crime– in which you will need to visit the witch/wizard once a week for a month to determine what the level of their disciple will be. You will never speak of the case to anyone other than the criminal or your supervisor.

Hermione swallowed hard. "Wow." She croaked out. She didn't know whether to feel excited or not. It would have a large impact on her life.

"Erm, there's a spot for your signature at the bottom, Ms. Granger." Fredrick said. Hermione glanced at the bottom of the paper and then to the stack on her desk. She gnawed on her bottom lip and snatched her quill from the ink pot. She signed her name neatly on the line. Once she finished, she looked up to Fredrick.

"Thank you. " Hermione said before handing the form to him.

—                   —                    —

new story waddup.
srry for the long flashback. personally, I don't like reading flashbacks so I really am sorry.

well I hope you enjoy this story & such. thanks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

429K 25.9K 85
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
68.2K 1.4K 47
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A messy relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando...
483K 14.6K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
167K 5.8K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...