Red~A George Weasley Love Sto...

Par rhoizm

Mercury Iris Malfoy was a Slytherin. That is until she was mauled by a werewolf, suffered from a shift in per... Plus

Red~A George Weasley Love Story
Chapter 1- Mercury Iris Malfoy
Chapter 2- Gift Baskets and Toilet Seats
Chapter 3- The 29th
Chapter 4- An Awkward Way to Wake Up
Chapter 5- Yes, I Ditched
Chapter 6- Party Animal... Sorta
Chapter 7- How to Lose Someone's Trust in 10 Minutes
Chapter 8- Why Does it Matter Anyway?
Chapter 9- As More Than a Friend?
Chapter 10- A Moment Alone
Chapter 11- Hair, yes, Hair
Chapter 12- Veritaserum and the ROR
Chapter 13- The Look On His Face
Chapter 14- Magenta Black
Chapter 16- The Burrow
Chapter 17- The Field
Chapter 18- The Dark Mark
Chapter 19- George's Jumper
Chapter 20- What I Have Become
Chapter 21- Elementary, My Dear Watson
Chapter 22- Fictus
Chapter 23- I Promise
Chapter 24- Christmas
Chapter 25- The Sight of Blind Eyes
Chapter 26- Barty Crouch Jr. Sends a message
Chapter 27- The Capture of Iris Lupin
Chapter 28- Cold Gray Chains
Chapter 29- A Dark 18th Birthday
Chapter 30- The Last Lupin
Chapter 31- The Wolf in the Rubble
Chapter 32- Hello Again
Chapter 33- Red
SEQUEL OUT NOW!
Author's (Editor's?) Note
RED REBOOTED
Get Reacquainted with Iris
New Story - Into Dust

Chapter 15- Bellatrix LeStrange

11.7K 270 115
Par rhoizm

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: BELLATRIX LESTRANGE

           ~ Two Weeks until summer ~

 ~George POV~

  I hadn't seen Iris anywhere, it was as if she had disappeared from Hogwarts completely. It must have been only a few months but it felt like more like years. I missed her.  A lot.

"Georgie?" Fred asked.

"What." I responded, uninterested.

"Are you a'right, mate? You just haven't been yourself." I didn't look up at Fred.

"Fine. I'm just... tired." I lied as we walked to our next and final class of the day- DADA. We reached the classroom and settled down into our seats. Fred didn't say anything else but he kept glancing over at me worriedly. Magenta Black strolled in and flopped down next to Fred, we met her first year on the train to Hogwarts, and we've been fast friends ever since.

"Hey Freddie, Georgie." I forced a smile, remembering the day she'd given us those nicknames.

"George's been acting funny." Fred stage whispered. 

"Great Fred, just go on and tell the whole school." I mumbled sarcastically, causing Magenta to frown.

"I'm sorry to hear that. What's bugging ya George?" She asked.

"Nothing important." The class was full and Professor Lupin called our attention to the front. 

"Good afternoon. Today we will be continuing our lesson on basic defense charms.  Any Volunteers to demonstrate the charm from last night's reading?"

~Iris POV~

I caught a train in Hogsmeade and went was on my way back to my house. My parents knew and had convinced the school to let me leave early, but none of them knew that I was attempting to become an animagus, except for Professor Lupin, he'd agreed to help me over the summer. I had two weeks to dwell on what animal I wanted to be, but I already knew exactly what I wanted to be, a maned wolf.  The train lurched forward and began chugging toward my destination as I settled into my compartment. My raven, Sherlock sat in his cage, ruffling his glossy ebony feathers.  Yes, I had a raven instead of an owl, yet Sherlock carried mail just as well as any owl, if not better.

"Candy from the trolly?" The lady asked as she passed my compartment.

"Yes, please!" I bought four liquorice wands, a box of bertie botts and a pack of owl treats for Sherlock.  I opened his cage and he hopped out onto my arm. I fed him treats and I caught up with some reading in my textbooks.

~

The train lurched to a stop, ending my slumber rather abruptly, sending all my belongings flying.  I coaxed Sherlock back into his cage from the luggage rack, then bent to gather my scattered belongings, heading out into the pleasantly bare station. My mother stood waiting for me.

"Mercury!" She smiled warmly, wrapping me into a hug.

"Hello mother." Thanks to Lupin I had regained my original appearance, curly brown hair and bright violet eyes, so I didn't frighten my mother.

"Your father and I have missed you! You didn't come home for Christmas!" She said, looking vaguely upset. I remembered that I had actually spent my winter break with George after I talked to Lupin.  Long, icy days spent outside, huge snowball fights, and heavy construction of snowmen that Hermione had taught us to animate.  I'd named mine Olaf, grinning when I'd placed a misshapen carrot in the center of his face for a nose, imperfection is beauty.  Warm nights spent by the roaring fire, cuddled into George's side, quiet murmurs and silent laughter as our group tossed cutting remarks back and forth.  

And then the day.  Christmas day.  We'd spent the day outside again, just George and I.  My arm looped through his, tucked into a warm cloak, but kept flushed by my proximity to George.  We'd wandered the lawns of the castle, slowly winding toward the bridge.  I removed my arm from his, moving to intertwine our fingers, we leaned over the edge looking down into the misty abyss.

"What are you thinking about?" I prodded softly, glancing at the messy hair poking out of his hat.

"You," he looked into my eyes delicately.  "That was 'orrible.  I'm so sorry," he laughed. "That was like something you'd see in a romance movie." he fake gagged.  

"I thought it was sweet." I replied, swatting at him with the back of my hand.  But I was laughing too, because it was horrible.

"Well, at least I told the truth." he was still grinning cheekily at me, and before I knew it, I'd leaned over to kiss him, frozen mouth on frozen mouth.  He cheerily kissed me back, running a light hand through my hair.  Gingerly, I stopped myself and rested my head in the crook of his neck, his arm coming to wrap around me.  "I wanted to ask you something." he murmured into my hair.  I looked up at him as if to say, 'Go on'.  George cleared his throat.  "Well, I've been meaning to say, er, I- uh,"

"C'mon then, spit it out." I said lightly, a ghost of fear whispering up my spine, making me bury myself deeper in George's arms.

"Oi, I'm trying.  Anyway, what I wanted to tell you is, I think I may have fallen a little bit in love with you, Iris Malfoy." his ears turned a bright scarlet, his cheeks burning with heat.  I laughed and pulled out of his grip, immediately missing the warmth and security.

"Have you now?" I chuckled again.  "Just a bit? Well, there's no need for you to worry, George Weasley.  Because I am completely, utterly in love with you." I had wrapped my arms around his neck as I'd spoken, and now I brought his lips to mine once more, possibly a bit more forceful than necessary, but George didn't seem to mind.  "And yes, I will be your girlfriend." I'd responded before he'd had the opportunity to ask.

  And that had made it all the more difficult.  After that I had stayed away from him so I wouldn't be distracted from working on animagus potions and learning the right spells. I smiled, remembering George.  All the little things he did, like always keeping one of my hands in his, how a mischievous grin always seemed to be spread across his face, his laugh that made it seem as if everything would be okay.  The smile fell from my face, and I blinked a few times to relieve my eyes of the dry burn that preceeded tears.

"Yes, I had a lot to do. Draco told you my reasoning?" 

"Yes, of course." She said. "Shall we go home?" I nodded as she grabbed my shoulder, taking in the whoosh of air, sickening pressure, and discombobulating twisting sensation as we disappeared. I opened my eyes again and found myself standing in the foyer of Malfoy Manor. I looked around the huge, dull room.

"Where's father?" I asked.

"On business at the Ministry of Magic. He isn't due back for a while." Her eyes crinkled, I could feel the lie like it was tangible, and it gave me an eerie feeling at the back of my neck. 

"Right, well, I'll go unpack." I said, she smiled, revealing her pin-straight white teeth. I picked up my bag and watched as Sherlock glided up the stairs and I followed. Something was off, she was hiding something from me. I opened my bag that had been magically expanded and lined it's contents out on my bed. My pewter cauldron, my silk bags of potion ingredients, textbooks, robes, clothes, and other trinkets.  I put away my belongings and looked around.  My room, it was painted a muted jade and accented with black and silver. I heard a soft 'pop' downstairs and I left my room to look over the balcony in the foyer. 

"Cissy!" I heard a voice snap. I ducked down and watched my mother greet the woman. The woman had wild eyes and rotted teeth. Her hair was frizzy and black with a streak of white. Her clothes were all black and looked like she had sewn strips of tulle to a torn corset. Her wand was black and had a sharp angled curve at the handle. 

"Bella!" My mother said, regaining her composure. "You're early, Lucius isn't even back."

"Exactly. I have plans. I've come to see her. It's been long enough." the woman said in a soft, raspy tone. 

"Bella, now's not the tim-"

"No.  If not now I might never get the chance again." 

"Fine, give it a few days." My mother said. The woman, Bella, nodded in agreement. 

  ~2 weeks later~

I was wearing a simple green dress with green flats, grey tights, and a silver clutch. I waited in the foyer for Draco and Mother to return. A soft 'pop' echoed through the massive room as they apparated. 

"Draco!" I breathed and tackled him with a hug.  He stepped back to regain balance.  I let go. 

"It feels like it's been ages!" I said.

"Two weeks." He corrected with a soft chuckle. Mother smiled softly and put her hand on Draco's shoulder.  His smile faded.

"Draco, why don't you put your belongings away." Mother said. Without any hesitation Draco gathered up his bags and ascended up to his room. I felt my heart pounding against my ribs painfully. I couldn't explain why a sudden fear had enveloped me. 

"Mercury, I would like to introduce you to someone." Mother explained as if I were a small child. I heard Sherlock crowing from within his cage. The woman from a few weeks ago stepped into the room. She had an airy way about her, a certain way that she moved that made me squirm with discomfort. 

"This is Bellatrix LeStrange. She's come to see you." My grip tightened on my silver studded clutch.

"Hello." I said, trying- struggling to regain composure.

"'Ello love. It's been a while." She said with a grimy smile. My eyes flitted from Bellatrix to my mother. 

"Oh?" I asked. 

"Mercury, there is something you need to know." My mother said, tears glittering over her icy blue eyes. "She is your real mother." 

         And just like that my mother I had known for my whole life had become Narcrissa Malfoy instead of 'mother.' I became Mercury Iris LeStrange in a split second, Draco was no longer my brother. I could hear my blood roaring behind my ears.  I couldn't process what I was hearing. Narcissa and Bellatrix both watched me like hungry vultures. 

"W-what?" My legs trembled. 

"Bellatrix has responsibilities that she is bound to in many ways.  A child was not something she could take on." Narcrissa said.

"Enough! Let her speak for herself." I growled. A sudden fury washed over me, a burning hate that incinerated any fear. Bellatrix sneered.

"Dear, everything you need to know will come to you in good time." She let loose a wild laugh. I stepped back. 

"We have great plans for you.  You'll do great things!" Bella laughed. I looked to Narcissa.

"Bella, that's enough! You've come to see your daughter, not tell her of her future!" Narcissa snapped. Bellatrix's unblinking eyes fixed on me once more.

"I don't mean to frighten you. I've just come back- for you." She said, her brown eyes peering right into mine. 

"Can I have time?" I looked towards Narcissa and she nodded, I fled to my room. The door swung open and I scribbled down a note.

   To those concerned,

       Don't worry and don't look for me.
Please.

                 - Mercury Iris

 I grabbed my wand and shoved it into my clutch along with some potion ingredients. I wrapped a Gryffindor scarf around my neck and left through the window. Sherlock flew out of the window and stayed gliding, just ahead of me. I had to get out of there.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

86.4K 2.6K 45
Ginny wasn't like the other Weasley children, she was more accepting of other houses. Her best friends all came from different houses. But maybe she...
1.7K 30 21
Y/n Snape daughter of Severus Snape, she's in her 5th year with her best friends the Weasley twins, and their friend Lee Jordan while the golden trio...
209 6 11
She never thought it'd be able to fall in love with him but he made it possible. After years of being in the shadows and being ridiculed because of h...
26.3K 358 22
Severus Snape had given up in love after his beloved lily died, that was until a certain Slytherin arrived more like a certain Malfoy. Remus Lupin w...