Reborn as Sakura's Brother(OC...

By MonochromeRen

I was reborn...as Sakura's Brother...yay(can you tell it's sarcasm?). (Sigh) You may be asking why I'm not ha... More

Profile of Haruno Yoru
Yoru's outfit
Birth is Terrifying
My first 5 years in Naruto
The Academy
Shikamaru and Itachi
Uchiha Massacre
The Voting
author's note
Sasuke's Interlude
Another Pairing Suggestion
No chapters Today
Graduation
Outfits
Teams
Kakashi-sensei
The Bell Test
Author's Note
D-ranks
Land of Waves Part 1
Land of Waves Arc Part 2
Land of Waves Arc Part 3
Land of Waves Arc Part 4
Author's Note/Excuse
On Hiatus
Discontinued....

Shikamaru Interlude

29K 768 394
By MonochromeRen

Disclaimer: Don't Own Naruto
The Song is Shikamaru's Lazy Genius(Wish I was A Cloud)
Edited: 8/13/17

HARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARU

Shikamaru's Pov

"Shikamaru!"

'Troublesome' I thought. I turned around to see Ino running over here. Choji following her. I raised an eyebrow.

"What do you want, Ino?" I asked her. She smiled and dragged me towards the academy. Otou-San was correct. Girls are weird. I sighed and lagged behind her.

"Let's go! Hurry up, lazy bum! Choji, come on!" Choji walked behind us, munching on barbecue chips.

We walked all the way to the Academy, then she let go of me to go look for our classroom assignment. I looked around, observing the gaggle of children, when I saw a boy with red hair holding hands with a girl with pink hair. He seems to be leading her to the assignment board.

I narrowed my eyes, wondering who he was. He seemed more mature than any of the kids here. His hair was also quite eye catching, but so was the girl's. Red and pink respectively.  They finally made it through the crowd, when Ino came out. She huffed and said, "We're in the same class. Room 193, taught be Iruka-sensei. Why did I have to be in the same room as you and Choji!?" She turned around and went into the auditorium. 'Why did we have to be in the same room with you, is the question.' I though silently.

I turned to see Choji behind me. 'Ne, Shika, munch, let's go, munch, to the auditorium too. Don't want to be late." I frowned and followed the gaggle of children walking towards the auditorium.

When we got into the gym, the others already got into lines. So Choji and I walked to our line. When we got in line, I noticed the two by the board making it inside and lining up 5 places behind me. I was about to ask Choji if he knew who those two were, when the Hokage started his speech.

I let the Hokage drone on and on. I almost fell asleep, but Choji kept nudging me. After 10 minutes, the opening ceremony finally finished. I yawned and stretched my body. I looked to the front of the line, and saw a man asking us to follow him into his classroom.

"Room 193, follow me!", he said. We all followed him into the classroom. Ino sat down in the lower levels. Choji and I sat down at least two seats away from her. I looked around and observed my class. There were many civilians, and some clan kids. The Hyuga, Aburame, and the InoShikaCho. Many of the civilians were laughing and joking around in the middle levels. Seems like they already made groups. More of the loner types sat in the back, they didn't seem to have an interest in talking.

Just then I saw a flash of red and pink in the corner of my eye. I turned and noticed the two from before coming this way. They sat down between us. The girl hit it off with Ino right away, they started to talk about Kunochi class, and clothing.

I stared at the boy, hoping he wouldn't notice me yet, but it seems like he did. He turned around and asked,"What?"

I was surprised, and opened my mouth, but couldn't think of what to say, so I closed it. Then I did it again. It's going to be awkward if I said I was watching him.

"Yes?", he asked. He turned and looked at me with beautiful green gem like eyes that sparkled. I muttered, "Troublesome." I rubbed the back of my head, a nervous habit, and asked him, "What's your name?"

He smiled and said, "Hmmm...My name is Haruno Yoru. Nice to meet you...?" I blinked surprised that he asked that. Most kids already know my name because I'm the heir of the Nara Clan. Their parents would want the favor of a clan and would tell them to befriend us. The name suits him though, I thought suddenly.

I smirked suddenly. "Nara Shikamaru...You wanna be friends?" I blurted out suddenly and felt nervousness creep upon me. What if he says no, my mind traitorously said. He blinked a few times and thought about it. He looked me in the eyes judging me, looking for something, what ever it was. Suddenly, he grinned and said, "Sure, why not?"

I sighed relieved, he was my first friend outside of the InoShikaCho clan, and a civilian-born to boot. He surprised me again when he suddenly said, "You can call me Yoru." I replied, "Sure, but you have to call me Shika too." "Ok."

Just then the bell ringed. Ding dong. So we turned to look at the teacher. He began by introducing himself. "My name is Umino Iruka. You can call me Iruka-Sensei. I'm your homeroom teacher for the next 6 years. Some of you may leave this class after a year or switch class, but for now I am your homeroom teacher. We will be teaching you Shinobi rules and regulations; how to strengthen your mental and physical abilities, basic weapon handling, how to throw and aim correctly, basic trap-setting, stealth, hand seals, taijutsu, ninjutsu, and genjutsu. 

However for the first year you all will learn about the history of Konohagakure; its allies, clans, Kekkei Genkai, chakra and its uses. You will also learn general knowledge and logic. By second year those that have not opened their chakra paths will open them by the beginning of second year, if they stay at the academy. Girls will have to attend Kunochi Classes. There will also be guest speakers that come here to speak of their experiences, so pay attention. Those that want to specialize in a weapon or jutsu (taijutsu, ninjutsu, genjutsu, fuinjutsu, kenjutsu, etc) will have to find a teacher that is willing to teach them. Konoha is known for it's specialization after all. Now let's take attendance ." He ended the introduction speech and called out the first name.

"Akito Tatsuya." A brown hair and brown eyed boy raised his hand and said here. He sat somewhere in the middle of the class. He seemed like one of those kids that think they are better than clan kids and will probably try to bully us. 'Troublesome.'

*A Few Days Later*

Yoru is very mature and intelligent. He seems to know answers to everything. His attitude is also very likable. He doesn't bother me when I want to cloud watch or take a nap. He would just bring out a book and read. He also likes to play shogi. We could sit all day and discuss anything.

I found out that the girl that held hands with him was his younger twin sister, Sakura. She seems to get along with Ino. I hope Ino won't poison her thinking. She's related to Yoru, so she could have some promise....I feel like I'm developing a Yoru complex...sigh. How troublesome.

I actually like him. I don't have to be forced to spend time with him, but I spend time with him because I like too. Unlike being force to spend time with Ino. Choji is ok, he quiet when he wants to be, and is very kind. But Yoru is someone who actually understands me. I feel like I don't have to put a mask on around him.

*Flashback*

We were meeting up for a school project on one of Konohagakure historical figures. We chose to work on the Yondaime, Namikaze Minato. First we went to the library for books on him, then we asked our parents if they knew him, or had important information on him. Our parents gave a lot of info about the yondaime, so we are pretty much set to go. We just needed to put together all of the information and present it to the class.

We decided to bring lunch and meet under the tallest tree on the hill. Once we met we began working, and organizing the information.

I stifled a yawn after two hours of working on the project. "Ne, Shika..., are you tired? Do you want to take a nap?", he suddenly asked me. I was surprised he noticed, so I nodded. He smiled. "I guess we could take a small break. Here," he patted his lap, "You can lay down on my lap while I read a book." Huh. Isn't he embarrassed? I guess he isn't when I saw him tilt his head in question.

So I laid my head down on his lap while he took out a book and started to read. After a while I felt something on my head. He was patting my head, and it felt...nice.

A few minutes later, I fell asleep. It was after 2 hours when I woke up. Yoru read through five books by that time. He noticed me waking up and smile at me. "Did you have a good nap?", he asked. I was surprised that I actually slept that long, but it was so comfortable, so I nodded and smiled. "Yeah, thanks Yoru." His smile widen and said, "Good. Maybe next time we come here, we can play shogi. Now let's eat." And he got out the bento that he packed, giving the dark green wrapped one while he kept the red one. It tasted great.

*Flashback Ends*

He understands me, has a great attitude and is intelligent. He can also cook. He's my best friend. I'm happy that I noticed him that day and that we became friends. So if there's anything I can do for you, just ask, and I'll try my best.

HARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARU

Shika is developing a Yoru complex. But I wonder *puts finger on chin* who's the uke?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 289 11
This is a story of a random guy (I don't give identity to someone that will be reincarnated because is useless) who get reincarnated as a girl in the...
119K 5.9K 40
Iris was happy. She had a lot of friends, a happy family. Everything a 12-year old girl would want. Her favorite hobbies included swimming. But sadly...
293 13 5
•••○○○○○••• (Y/n) your average 17 year old girl who was satisfied with her peaceful life dies in an accident, Later she accepted the deal with a bore...
40.8K 925 18
Who would of thought that after death you could reincarnate into a new world, a world of anime. Well I didn't before I actually died and was reborn i...