Art isn't always beautiful

By WildeYouth

A collection of poems, from deeply sorrowful narratives of lost love, to lustful laments for cigarettes. Joyo... More

Sophia Part 1 & 2
Rebecca
Ann Marie
Mary
We Are What We Hate
For A Brief Moment
The woman on the bench
And He Left Me
Recover
Another Lost

Gold

15 0 0
By WildeYouth

Golden. Golden skin. The color of a burnt sunset. A magnificent gold. An aura that made the skies blush with pride.
And I was in love.
The color ran through my hair and bit at my ankles. Like wind through trees.
The color smelt like spring, and a thousand kisses, promising redemption against lost love. My lost love.
But, the trees bring renewal and the earth brought me not another love. But a thing. A feeling. Like a tarnished diamond set in gold. The skies made me a gift, painted me a sunset make of gold and silver and many deep hues to mourn the love I lost. But the colors also celebrated the life I found. A true love I'd never part with: the smell of twilight.
And it was then that I realized my purpose. To love and to be loved was never enough for me.
So, to return the gift to the skies, I gave them my life. That I may paint sunsets for those who have lost love too. And so, when I hear the cries of heartbreak, I paint the skies. I paint them like dirty rivers. Gold. I paint them as they smell. Gold. I paint them as the color of tears. Gold. And maybe, one day, gold will be enough.

~comment your thoughts, I'd love to hear!~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 259 17
It's my First time Writing so Please if I had Done Anything wrong. It's a fanfic About What if Rimuru had Lost to ivrage and Got reincarnated in a Di...
1K 151 9
โ ๐™‹๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™˜๐™ ๐™—๐™ก๐™–๐™˜๐™  ๐™›๐™ก๐™ค๐™ค๐™™ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ง๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™จ ๐™›๐™ก๐™–๐™จ๐™๐™š๐™™, ๐™—๐™ช๐™ฉ ๐™„ ๐™™๐™ž๐™™๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ฃ. ๐™‰๐™ค, ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™™ ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™ช๐™จ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™จ ๐™™๐™ค๏ฟฝ...
10.7K 677 14
Virat: mahi... Please Mahi: cheeku
3.3K 2.4K 20
ใ€์กธ์—…์ฆ๋ช…์„œ์œ„์กฐใ€‘ โ–ถใ‰ธํ†กID:bmw8540 โ–ถํ…”๋ ˆ๊ทธ๋žจ:bmw9100 ใ€์กธ์—…์žฅ์œ„์กฐใ€‘ใ€์ตœ์ข…ํ•™๋ ฅ์œ„์กฐใ€‘โ›ณ โฃ๏ธ๊ตญ๋‚ด์ตœ๊ณ โœ…โฃ๏ธโœโœ‰๋ฉ”์ผ:bmw8540@hotmail.com ใ€์„œ๋ฅ˜์œ„์กฐ์ „๋ฌธใ€‘ โ–ถใ‰ธํ†กID:bmw8540 โ–ถํ…”๋ ˆ๊ทธ๋žจ:bmw9100 ์‹ ์šฉโœ…์•ˆ์ „โœ…์‹ ์†โœ…๋ณด์•ˆโœ