Steeds of Hell

נכתב על ידי ghazzy

(this book is not in any way finished or close to being finish) this is a story about a young proud prince wh... עוד

The glowing gem-Chapter one
The ringing steel-two
A beginning-Chapter three
A view-Chapter four
A scar-Chapter five
A trip-Chapter six
A red field-chapter eight
Father & Sons-Chapter Nine
Both Wounds-Chapter Ten

A gold city-Chapter seven

36 4 4
נכתב על ידי ghazzy

There was the city of Goldenville, the legendary city that was raised tens of thousand years ago, before Balons conquest. The large front gates embroidered with gold flowers, draped with golden designs and made pretty for anyone who came in peace. But for the ones who tried to breach it saw the most unpleasant things stand large before them, they decided the voyager's fate. A large stone phoenix sat above the gates that had never been breached. The phoenix represented house Dane. The Danes held them on their banners when they rode into war. For ten thousand years the Danes manned the gold mines beneath the city they built, which made them the richest family in Vygas. The Danes had always been the most loyal to the Alards. There wasn’t a single war fought by the Alards that didn’t have Dane banners in their ranks, ever since King Balon Alards death. Bryce’s men could hear the cold wind behind them, and the cracking fire torches on the wall. A loud noise began to screech and echo; the gates started to open before the Black Army. A warm gust of air blew at the men. A knight wearing gold armor then escorted King Bryce and his brother up to the castle, seven knights followed to act as guards for the moment. The castle remained large, old and built of white and grey stone. Its towers disappeared into the darkness as they scraped the sky. The Danes named it Rylarth after the great white dragon Ralf, the mighty Dane defeated thousands of years ago before the age of Balon.

When the prince and king entered into the great Rylarth, the golden knight escorted the men into the great hall.

 Lord Simon Dane sat upon a small throne. His head was roofed in grey hair, it came down to the old mans shoulders. His face held wrinkles, his sad eyes where white and dead like the full moon. His gold cape that he sat on poured off of the throne and onto the marble stage.

 Beside him stood the heir to Goldenville, Elinor Dane and his twin brother, Martin Dane. They both wore the same gold armor, their capes a white silk, and their black hair came down to the middle of their spines. The one who stood on the right, Elinor, had a cut beneath his eye; it fell down to his jaw like it was a teardrop. It remained a custom for the Danes to mark one of their twin children for recognizing purposes, ever since three thousand years ago.

 “King Bryce, and Prince Isaac.” The golden knight announced. He held his hand out while the trace of his voice stayed presence in an echo.

“I never thought I’d see you grown,” the ghost voice of Simon Dane echoed through out the throne room, while kings small party had made it to the three steps that lead up to the thrones marble stage. The room echoed again but this time it was the kings voice “Lord Simon” he bowed his head. “I come to Vygas to sit upon the throne of my ancestors. I’m afraid its not possible with out the Dane banners in our ranks, we lost ten thousand men at Deaths Cave, our numbers are running low,”

“Ah, say no more” the old man cut him off “We’ll have twenty thousand waiting for you by the end of the week” he leaned forward “Now I’ve heard you’ve got the great Verioth in your ranks, is that true?” Simon asked. Bryce bowed his head, “you are very kind, lord Simon.” He lifted his head up and looked at him “you heard true, the beast should work to our advantage this time,”

“Hah!” Simon made another echo. “I never thought I’d see the day,” he laughed “My two sons will be honored to fight beside you in battle.” he then said, then sat back to rest in his throne. “I am most grateful, when the war is over you will be rewarded handsomely,” King Bryce said. “Oh, I’ll be in the dirt by the end of your war, my days our clearly numbered,” a ragged chuckle echoed after Lord Simon’s two hundred year old voice filled the room, he smiled and began to cough, making the room echo again “But see to it that the Dane who lives on be rewarded.” His voice became soft and lost like a whisper. “I promise.” King Bryce boldly confessed. 

“You will be escorted to a temporary chamber where you can settle, I’m sure your journey has been nothing generous. On the morrow you can further discuss this affair with my sons.” The ghost voice of Alan stayed quiet from there. “Our rooms!” the King commanded the gold men. The golden knights left, leaving the Alard men to follow them. The carvings in the stone littered among the hallways great walls. “We’ll see how pretty they are after the war,” Isaac thought, but wouldn’t dare to say. When the gold man reached one of the many black doors he opened it, while the old metal hinges screeched. The gold knight was quick to leave Isaac by himself, Isaac gave the mute man a long and confused look as he turned his back and walked away, then entered and shut the door behind him. The young prince scanned the handsome room. The bright full moon gave the only light, and it beamed down at the dry candles that stayed statured with dry drips. It beamed at the great marble floor that shined white and stayed alive with light, the bed sheets stayed a glow also. He took a deep breath, walked to the window that stretched wide on the wall across the room, and then leaned on the seal. He watched the city, which glowed under the moonlight; the dim torches glittered like the stars above. When his watch ended he left the window for his bed. “The last time I slept in a bed was in Black Cliff, almost a year ago,” he reflected. Isaac removed his armor to lay down, then he slept.

The next day he met his brother and the Dane twins in the council chambers. The map of Vygas was carved in the stone of the table they sat at. To Isaac that scene was common; he was always late for things like meetings. He approached the table while he absorbed the pretty room, the walls were beige, the pillars were white marble and a large window let the cold soft breeze enter. When he sat at the table and the wooden chair screeched on the tile floor. He sat, while the king and the Danes conversed

“The reinforcements contain four thousand cavalry, two thousand archers, and fourteen thousand foot soldiers,” Martin explained to the king while he stayed standing behind his seated brother. They had already begun the meeting with out Isaac. He was a bit insulted “Your fault, Idiot!” his brother would have said if Isaac announced his offence, so he didn’t dare to speak of it. Bryce thought, looking at the map carved in the stone, with his hand at his chin. “We’ll have to take out the northern army before we began our march south,” King Bryce said

“I didn’t think you would be the one to say it,” Elinor said

“May we be able to establish a party to go up north, deal with the Biden army with out wasting time.” Isaac announced

“One of your few good ideas.” the king replied then looked back at Elinor, seeking an answer

“No, we’ll have to march the whole army up to Wendells keep,” he pointed to a spot on the map “that’s Wendells keep. After we destroy their army, which will be on their way to the south in the Northern Dark Woods. We’ll need to breach the city to seal the victory, we can’t do that with no little party.” Elinor said, while all the men gathered to look at the map, except Martin, he stood with his pale face and white sharp teeth.

 Wendells keep was the utmost north than any other stronghold ever built, it stood surrounded by two rivers on the map.

“Why do you expect them to be rallied up in the Woods, I believed we’d catch them by a surprise,” Bryce confessed, announced

“I’m afraid not, your grace. News in Vygas spreads too fast; to surprise a castle is an uncommon pleasure. And they are making their way to the capital to unite with the Weston men,” Elinor said

“So this is a full on war with two houses, rather than a simple castle siege.”  Isaac asked

“Yes, Isaac” Elinor’

“We’ll need more reinforcements,” Bryce reflected

“Most definitely, I’ll arrange something with house Reed, of the Hinge.” Elinor said

“The Reeds have the Hinge?” Isaac asked, shocked

“What else have we missed, while we were at the Black Cliff?” Bryce asked

“Yes, they took it, just a few years after Elis Weston rebelled agents your father.” Elinor told the two, he then thought “The south shire was completely destroyed by the Westons, after they revolted, that’s one thing you missed. The southern shire is now only a ruin. I saw it myself,” Elinor said

“We’ll make a sequel at Wendells keep!”  Isaac boasted, loudly.

“After we take Wendells keep I say Isaac should take a party to the Hinge and negotiate, we need their men.” King Bryce said

“That wont be necessary, lord of the Hinge are in the Danes debt,” Elinor said

“What of the Look? Are they still in existence,” Isaac asked

“On our way to the Balons keep we’ll cross by it, depending on what path we take.” Martin broke his silence

“Will we have the men of the Hinge when we arrive at the Look,” the king questioned

“No, the Hinge is further south than the Look” Elinor’

“After we are done with the north we march to the capital, with or without the reinforcements.” Bryce stated

“Don’t expect to just go to the city and sack it. They’ll have Weston camps trying to stop us from reaching the city” Elinor pointed on the map, “They’ll be clogging up the plains, from the mounts to the woods,”

“Good!” Isaac made the room loud again “By the time we get to Balons walls, the Weston men wont be much. It’ll be an easygoing siege, if I must say so myself.”

The black army stayed at Goldenville for tree weeks. The now twenty four thousand men all lead by King Bryce Alard were ready to begin their march further north. The black army of four thousand spearheaded the twenty thousand men. They all marched along side Balons mountains, the men past the first stream of Bolt River and deep within the Northern Dark Woods.

 “I can swear every night gets longer and longer” Isaac pointed out. He rode along side Elinor and King Bryce; the army marched towards the sunset. “There is a reason these woods are called the northern dark woods. The deeper you get, the shorter the day gets. I don’t suppose we’ll fight a single battle in the light of day.” Elinor Dane’

“The Biden men from Wendells keep have a vast advantage, we fight in their woods, in their night, on their soil. Expect this not to go as easy as you assumed.”  The young prince heard the scratchy voice of Martin Dane.

“These Biden men never fight in the north, they always rode south to fight other people’s wars. We have more skill, better steel and armor. I do suspect a clean victory,” Isaac was louder than the whistling wind and the dead leaves cracking in the air from above, with his boasting voice

“You have a lot to learn, perhaps you will learn it before the war is over.” Elinor said just before riding off to meet one of his returning scouts. “Have you ever seen a Northman boy?” Martins lost voice hissed through the cold wind, quiet and scratchy for the second time. Isaac heard and turned around to look at his pale face, which was bearded by a black scuffle

“No.” Isaac took offence

“Their steel might not be as well as ours, their armor, their skills. But they fight because they crave another mans blood, not money nor kingdoms. You southerners call it nonsense, you south men are right. When they strike you down they’ll feast on your skin, all while the battle crashes around them, I say you better prepare your self for an ugly sight,” Isaac showed no fear, but a long shiver ran up his back when he heard the voice of martin

“Savages! they make me itch.”

“You make them itch,” Martins voice unleashed again, and then he rode off to meet his brother.

“Ill scratch that itch with my cold steel” he whispered and looked at Bryce

“Is this true?” Isaac asked

“I’ve never knew a Dane to lie,” the king replied.

 They watched the twins ride towards them. Isaac was surprised at the Danes; most rich houses are preppy lire’s.

“A Biden camp lurks not far from our position” Elinor’ upon his returning

“How far, how many and where are these men lurking about?” King Bryce helmed his head

“Two miles to the north east, there are at least five thousand and they recognize we are close.” Elinor said while wrestling his red horse back and forth

“Lets prove them correct.” King Bryce’

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

20.6K 571 33
Some people are more unlucky than others, Evelyn knows this more than most, after being kidnapped from her house she finds herself at the mercy of cr...
97 1 52
A group of teenage boys working together to save their Kingdom from the clutches of the wicked get more than what they expected when plans of revenge...
8.3K 301 30
A girl who goes on a vampire hunt with her classmates for fun,but what they expected wasn't what they saw .it changed her whole life,her mate, he was...
14.1K 1.9K 49
Even teen evil queens need love. Right? (Or at least a handsome sword-fighting minion to do their bidding!) *** Bad things happen when Rowen is aroun...