TSOTF 2: Quest for the String

By Samboelrod

In this sequel to The String on the Floor, Dave faces a challenge when an elite group of criminals attempts t... More

Quest for the String

22 2 0
By Samboelrod

Dave Davis, a realtor from Kentucky, became famous in a matter of minutes. One day, in his office, he found a string on the floor. The word spread like butter on a piece of bread, and before long, the whole United States of America knew about his astonishing find.

However, he wasn't favored by some people. A group of people were jealous that they didn't find the string, and they wanted it badly. this group of septuplet criminals, the Onisudobniz Brothers, always go what they wanted, and they wanted another item of abundant worth to add to their collection of valuable items. They were expert criminals, each with their own specialty, and they were going to use any weapon in their arsenal to retrieve that string.
Here is the story of the Onisudobniz Brothers' quest to get the string on the floor:

At Dave's house...

Dave was sitting on his bed, admiring the string that he had placed in a glass container for show, as he did everyday.  His wife, Judy, was behind him, smiling dreamily with her arms wrapped around him.

"Oh, Dave!" Judy sighed.  "Every time I see that string, I think of all the great times we've had together!"

"Me too, honey," Dave repiled, but unbeknownst to Judy, he was lying.  Every time he saw the string, he thought of all the fame and fortune he would continue to accumulate.

"Well, Judy, I'd better get to the mall," Dave said.  He had to go autograph copies of his best seller, The String and I.

"Okay," Judy said sadly.  "Bye bye, honey!"

"Bye bye!" Dave sweet talked back.

At the Onisudobniz hideout...

You gents ready for action?" Sizu Onisudobniz asked his brothers.

"Oh yeah!" the other six replied enthusiastically.

"All right then," Sizu said.  "Goran, you know what to do.  Get out there."

"You bet, Sizu!" Goran Onisudobniz replied, fully aware of the plan.

Goran went out, book in hand, to pursue what the Onisudobniz brothers had wanted for so long.

At the mall...

Dave was signing countless copies of The String and I to overexcited fans.  Then, this one guy around twenty years old came up to the signing table.  He had a chesnut brown bedhead, nerdy square-framed glasses, and completely crooked teeth with braces.

"Hello, how are you doing today?" Dave asked.

"G-g-great, sir!" the nerd stuttered out of excitement.  "I-i-it's just s-so exciting to f-f-finally m-m-meet you!"

"Hahaha!" Dave chuckled.  "Well, I'm certainly glad I made your dreams come true!"

"S-s-sir, if you w-wouldn't mind, c-c-could I sh-sh-shake y-your hand?" the nerd asked.

"Why yes, of course!" he accepted.

As they shook hands, what seemed to be static electricity shocked both of them.

"Oh!" Dave cried.  "Static shock!"

"Oh, I'm s-s-so sorry, sir!" the nerd apologized.

"No problem!" he consoled.  "Have a nice day!"

"Y-y-you too, sir!" the nerd exclaimed.  He walked out of the mall as if he had a limp, but the minute he was out of sight, he began to walk normally.  He then spat his teeth out and tossed his bedhead into the street.  He shook his head and the glasses fell off.  His face changed to one with perfectly aligned, sparkling white teeth without braces; thick, wavy, jet black hair; and a sly smile.  There were six other people who looked just like him, but this one was the only one out and about.  He was Goran Onisudobniz.

At Dave's house...

Dave arrived back home at around 5:30, where the smell of porkchops and mashed potatoes wafted in the air.

"Well, it smells like my lovely wife has prepared for us a lovely dinner!" Dave assumed.

"Oh yes, Dave!" Judy exclaimed.  "I made my string finder's favorite meal!"

Dave and Judy sat down and began to eat.  After a minute or so, Judy started up a conversation.

"So how was the book signing today?" she asked.  

"It went well," Dave replied.  "There was this one nerdy looking guy who seemed so excited to meet me that he was scared!  It brought a smile to my face."

"Awww, that's sweet!" Judy commented.

"I was shocked at how many people came for the signing!" Dave exclaimed.  "I got to the mall two hours before signing, and the parking lot had overflowed into the street!  I had to literally drive on the grass around the mass of cars and entered in the back!  It was insane!"

"Wow!" Judy cried out in shock.  "America sure does love you!"

"Oh, there were at least a couple hundred thousand foreigners along with the hundreds of millions of Americans there," he stated.

"Dang!" she exclaimed.

"I know, right?" Dave added.

By the time they had finished their conversation, they had finished their dinner.  They washed their dishes and headed to the living room to relax and watch TV.

At the Onisudobniz hideout...

Goran walked in with a triumphant smile on his face.

"Phase one is complete, my brothers!" he exclaimed.

They all cheered and clapped joyfully.  Goran then pulled off a glove that looked just like his hand and gave it to Sizu.

"Jeno, your DNA extractor glove worked like a charm!" Goran complimented his brother.  "He thought it was static!"

Jeno laughed histerically.  "It works every time!" he boasted.  "Static!  Hahahahaha!"

"Now, let's execute phase two of our plan," Sizu decided.  He then took a computer chip out of the DNA extractor glove and placed it in his computer.  The computer would then be able to detect the DNA of Dave Davis and track his every move.

"All right, brothers," Sizu exclaimed,  "let's pinpoint his exact location!"

Within a few seconds, they had located Dave.

"Perfect!" Sizu said sinisterly.  "Now, Kentra, prepare the weapons!"

"Got it!" he replied.

"Dezan!  Luka!" Sizu called.  "Get our security breakers!"

They both did as they were ordered.

"Juwo," Sizu said, "the vehicle.  Get it now."

Juwo went to retrieve their pure black van that they had stolen several months ago.  Once they had loaded it up with all their equipment, they were ready to go.  Goran took the driver's seat disguised as the nerd from earlier while the other six were hunched over out of sight.  Goran started the car, then took off, using Sizu's tracking device to locate Dave.

It took the Onizudobniz Brothers only about five minutes to reach Dave's location, which happened to be his house, since they sped and went offroad half the time.  They didn't put their headlights on, but Goran wore night vision goggles so that he could see, since it was night time.  They parked a half of a block away to  ensure them a bit of security in not getting caught.

Dezan and Luka then snuck out with some high-tech equipment.  They used satellites and special goggles to scope out any sort of security system, whether it be laser beams, cameras, or possibly even booby traps.

"Luka!" Dezan whispered.  "I've found five security cameras around the premises!"

Dezan then pulled out a walkie talkie and said, "We have five cameras on the premises, over."

"Roger that, over," Sizu replied through his own walkie talkie.  He connected to Dezan's satellite through his computer to retrieve the cameras' serial numbers.  He then proceeded to hack into the cameras' systems and shut them down.

"Dezan, I've picked up a complicated system of laser beams in the front yard," Luka reported.

"Yeah, and going through the back isn't much of an option either," Dezan added.  "If you look back, you can hardly see the barrel of a sniper rifle."

It was easy to tell that the Onisudobniz Brothers had a lot of criminal experience because Dezan could spot a rifle in the dark from several blocks away.

"You're right," Luka agreed.  "Get Juwo over here.  We'll need him to get through the lasers."

Dezan summoned Juwo to the scene.  Luka gave him the special goggles and he navigated his way through the web of lasers.  He then disabled the lasers, and the rest of the Onisudobniz Brothers rushed to the door, armed with guns, knives, and special knock-out gases.  Jeno then picked the lock to the front door, and they all silently invaded Dave Davis's house.

Now it was about 9:30 that night, and Dave and Judy were watching TV in their bedroom.  As they were watching, Judy noticed a light green gas seeping into their room underneath the door.

"Dave," Judy said, "What's that?"  She pointed at the green gas as she walked toward it.

"I don't know," Dave replied.

Judy knealt down and took a quick wiff of the gas.  She collapsed immediately afterward, unconscious.

"Oh no, Judy!" Dave cried.  Then he realized what the gas was.

It's knock-out gas! he thought to himself.  This could only mean one thing- string-nappers!

Dave backed away from the knock-out gas, picked up his own walkie talkie off of his night stand, and said, "String guards!  We have a case of section 04A in sector 7, over!"

"Roger that, over!" the string guard commander replied.

Dave then layed on the floor, acting as though he had been affected by the knock-out gas.  Then, the door broke down as the Onisudobniz brothers charged into the room.  They did a quick inspection to make sure the knock-out gas had knocked out Dave and anyone else in the room besides themselves because they were wearing gas masks.  But right behind them came the string guards, also wearing gas masks.

"Hold it right there!" the string guard commander shouted, gun in hand.  "Get away from the string."

Sizu then grabbed the case with the string in it.

"Just try and stop us!" Sizu taunted, backing away to make room for the firing squad.

"Ready!  Aim!" the commander began, but then, the other six Onisudobniz brothers started shooting the firing squad.  They all died except for the commander and a few other guards.

"Retreat!" the commander ordered.  The string guards left the house and returned to their posts.

"All right, let's go, guys!" Sizu ordered.  The Onisudobniz fled from the house, got into their car, and - BOOM!  Their car exploded into a heap of car parts and dead Onisudobniz bodies all engulfed in a big, roaring fire.  Dave then got up, took the string in its case out of his pocket, and placed it on his shelf.  Dave's plan worked; the string that Sizu took was a bomb disguised as the string.  Dave then hopped into bed, preparing to be on the news tomorrow.

Dave had predicted correctly; the next day, he was on the six o'clock news talking about his plan to keep the string safe.

"Yeah, once I saw the knock-out gas, I knew I needed to get the string to safety," Dave told the reporter.  "My decoy worked like a charm."

From that day onward, Dave Davis  was not only known as the man who found the string on the floor.  Now, he is also known for putting an end to the criminal reign of the Onisudobniz brothers.  He truly is a hero and someone to take after.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
225K 11.5K 45
A plan. A disguise. A checklist. Time to play cupid. Copyright © 2019 by jayscitylights. All Rights Reserved.
43.6M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
6.8K 582 19
yoongi hate Hoseok hoseok hate yoongi how the hell will they survive in their forced marriage?