Chameleon «Twilight Fanfic»

By Mikaela_Elvery

What sneaky creatures That can change their features An immortal being That's always fleeing Can change to a... More

Chameleon Background
[One: She's Back]
[Two: Old Chameleon New School]
[Three: Fantastic First Day]
[Four: Here To Help]
[Five: I'm Just A Friend]
[Six: Smart And Teasing Chameleon]
[Seven: Love Blooming?]
[Eight: Found You]
[Nine: Royalty]
[Ten: Going Down Memory Lane]
[Eleven: Heart to Heart]
[Twelve: Thanks For The Stay]
[Fourteen:Home Sweet Home]
[Fifteen: Everyone is Safe]
[Sixteen: New Love?]
[Seventeen: No More Secrets]
[Eighteen: Attack]
[Nineteen: You Care]
[Twenty: New Motions]
[Twenty-one: La Push]
[Twenty-two: Date]
[Twenty-Three: Sunny Day]
[Twenty-four: Finding out]
[Twenty-five: Perfect Date?]
[Twenty-six: Let's save the human]
[Twenty-Seven: Darkness]

[Thirteen: New Friend]

2.8K 73 1
By Mikaela_Elvery

"I'm not one who usually trust strangers, but I feel like I can trust you."
Chapter 13

 The trees broke from my fall and the snow felt like stone beneath me. I landed face down and the crunch of breaking bone was still ringing in my ears. I coughed and the snow below me was covered by my blood. I flopped over to my back. The pain from my wings are still being felt, even if they did disappear. The wounds I sustained would be there when I materialize them again.

The paralysis slowly made its way through my body. Everything soon became numb.

I didn't know how long I laid here as the poison took it's course. I heard the crunching of snow not far from me. Sniffing the air, I couldn't detect any scent. There is only two creature on earth that can mask their smell and it's a chameleon or shape-shifters.

The person crouches down next to me. I finally get a good look at him.

"You poor thing." He says as he looks me over.

"What are you going to do." My voice becomes nothing more than a whisper due to the poison.

"I'll take you to my home so you don't turn to ice out here." He says with a sarcastic voice.

He goes to pick me up but stops. He stumbles a bit as if he were hit with a bus. His eyes going wide.

"What is it?"

"It's... Nothing. You're Marie the princess right?"

"Yes I am." I tell him.

My vision finally going black as I begin to lose consciousness from the hemlock.

"My name's Rhys Thanatos." He says before darkness finally takes me.

*Edward*

I've been pacing back and forth outside for a while now.

Alice saw that Marie's parents had sent out guards to retrieve her at any cost. She saw that Marie was shot down and that was it.

"Argh!" I said as I punch at a tree.

"Edward don't be upset she'll be fine. She has survived worst. She'll be back as soon as she recovers." Alice called out.

I just walk back inside still in my mood.

I'm usually more reserved but when it come to family or someone I care for I becomes like this.

"Alice come to my room if you see anything." I said as I go up to my room.

*Marie*

It's nice and warm. I just want to snuggle closer to the bed. I thought, but the events of what happened come crashing back.

Sitting up fast, slightly wincing at the pain, I take my surroundings in.

The room is dark and warm, a man is sitting at the desk. His back is facing me.

I think for his name remembering he said it.

"Rhys." I called out.

He turned to face me.

He had an older look to him, but I knew I was older. His hair was styled and he wore a suit.

Rhys walked towards me looking concerned.

"How are you feeling?" He still had a concerned look.

"I'm fine now. Still sore."

"Well I made tea to help with that." Rhys says as he hands me the cup.

"Thanks." I take a small sip before putting it on the bedside table.

"Why were you shot at?"

"My parents want to keep me at the palace so I could already be married off. They think that my escapes and involving myself in helping others than our kind is stupid."

My words seen to have affected Rhys. He looked pissed off, but as soon as I saw that emotion it was gone.

"I see where are you headed to?"

"Forks Washington. I've got really good friends and a tribe I help there. They're like my family. Nothing like my parents."

"The king and queen seem like terrible parents but they govern just fine."

"I know they're great rulers terrible parents." Sighing I get up from the bed.

"Where are my bags?"

"Over in the living room. You spelled them right?"

"Yes, how did you know? Not much of us know about our affinity to magic."

"I know. I used to spend so much time in Norway. That's where I found out we were great at magic but not much knew. I soon left after I got really good at it."

"Wow that's amazing. If you don't mind me asking how old are you?"

"I'm 278. Young compared to you." Rhys said with a chuckle.

"You little." I didn't finish my sentence but I threw a pillow at him.

We both erupted in laughter.

"Why am I so comfortable with you. I just meet you." I said giving him a sincere smile.

"It may be because I saved you. But I feel the same." He said returning the smile.

"Well I feel rested enough." I said rolling my shoulders.

Without warning my wings materialize.

"What! These things have a mind of their own. I'm sorry if I cause a mess."

"It's alright." He says as he stares at them.

Moving towards me he touches an area of my wings. I shiver from his touch.

"They're injured still." His voice is low.

"You can stop touching them please. They're really sensitive."

My words are betrayed by my wings. They lean into his touch.

"I guess they know." He said with content.

"Know what?" I asked him.

He gave me a panicked look before he spoke, " They know that I can be trusted."

"Ha very funny, but I agree you seem like I could trust you."

I do not know why but I knew I could trust him.

"Well I should get going. I need to get back to my family."

"Wait. Is it alright if I were to visit?" Rhys asked a bit of eagerness in his voice.

"Well I see why not. I'll leave my number with you. Let me see your phone."

I said as I outstretch my hand.

He handed me his phone and I put my number in his and called my phone that was in my home.

"Here. I hope to see you soon." I said as I moved outside my bags in hand.

"I do too. Goodbye Marie."

I caught glimpse at his face before taking off. He seemed upset.

I didn't dwindle on how he felt seeing as I had 3000 miles to go making it to Forks.

The whole way I just let my mind drift to what was happening in Forks since my absence.

So close to home now that I was passing over New York, the disgusting pollution making me gag.

I picked up speed even if my wings and back ached, protesting the increase of speed.

I need to get home. I need to get home.

I kept repeating the thought over to forget the ache.

Another hour later and the smell of pine trees was growing stronger.

Home. I'm so close to home.

I finally fly over the familiar woods and area I remember. Deciding on the place to go, I stop a few feet away from the Cullen's house.

I make my aching wings disappear. I walk out of the force. I find it strange that Edward is still outside, seeing as it was already night.

He looks right up after hearing my footsteps.

"Marie you're safe." His face brightened up at the sight of me.

I smiled back at him, but exhaustion was setting in.

"It's nice to be back but I'm just so tired." before I even finished the sentence Edward was at my side.

"Why did you come here? You should be home resting. You were shot down and yet you come here." The concern in his voice made me happy.

"I know I'm hopeless, but another of my kind saved me from the snow. Rhys helped me by taking me to his warm house and gave me tea that helped with the side effects of water hemlock."

"Alice was wondering who saved you. Good for him, saving the princess must earn some points in her book." He teased.

"Ugh. Do not call me princess. That stupid title is what gets me into all this mess. I'm the sole heir to the throne so my parents are obsessively protective over me." I gave him a mad look that didn't last because I broke out laughing.

"So what's in those backpacks? Presents?"

"Nope things I like, money, clothing, jewelry, and weapons. All are for me."

"But the bags don't even look full."

"I know you dummy. I enchanted them."

"Alright. Well we should get inside." Edward said he tried leading me to the house. I wince from the pain in my lower back, right where Edward's hand was.

"I'm sorry. How exactly did you get here if you said you were flying on the phone." Edward said with a curious look.

"Wings okay. All that flying has made my back sore so please no touching."

Edward held up his hands in defence. "Why haven't I ever seen your wings?"

"Because I don't like to show them and they also have a mind of their own." I said ending our conversation there.

We kept walking up to his house, but my legs were wobbling.

Once inside I collapse on the couch.

"I really wished you had a bed." I whined.

"Sorry, I do have something close to a bed in my room."

"I don't want to walk upstairs." I protested.

Looking over to Edward he had this smirk on his face.

"Edward don't." I warned him.

Edward however didn't care, he picked me up and took me upstairs.

He laid me down on his wanna be bed.

"Better?"

My only response was a sigh and nod.

Laying my head down I got comfortable.

"Quit staring." I said with closed eyes.

"I'm so glad to see you're safe." He said with a content look.

Just smiling I let myself drift off to sleep.

Author's note
She's home and Edward still cares.
Now on with the stories.
Going back to school in the next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.5K 1.5K 58
Lunas are revered. Lunas are loved. Lunas are protected. Chosen by Alpha of the Southern River Border, Isabel is none of these. Isabel cleans herse...
9K 273 45
---Completed--- Laura Winters has an ordinary life - well she had an ordinary life. That changed the day the werewolves attacked her. Now Laura...
4K 39 33
Enter the enchanting world of "The Doctor's Assistant," where Ashley, a vibrant 21-year-old, embarks on a transformative journey. Landing a job as D...
94.3K 3K 37
"It wasn't too hard to figure out that you were the one. Imprinting on you only just set it in stone." In which a shapeshifter...