Under My Command (TomTord) (D...

By Swingster_13

Tord finally fulfilled his dream after three years with the red army in which to take over the world. Though... More

Part 1
(A/N) My Plans
Part 2
Goodbye
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
A/N; Editing
Part 8
Part 9
A/N; PLEASE READ
Part 10
Part 12
A/N
Yet another A/N
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
A/N Please Read
Reminder A/N
ONE DAY REMINDER
DISCONTINUED

Part 11

2.4K 77 24
By Swingster_13

      (3rd Person PoV; RA Base)

    Tom sat in a lonely manner on his medical bed, studying the beige stone walls of the infirmary. Taking light note of the small shapes and details carved so preciously inside the material.
    Looking down at himself he only now realized he was wearing a medical gown, a soft blue welcoming his eyes with sweet embrace, along with the darker blue patterns along the gown. That is until it got cut off as his body was confined by a light white blanket that his hands rested upon.
He gave a small 'hm' seeing as one of the surgeons or medics probably slipped him into it after he was done being looked at.
The Brit sank back into the odd comfort of his bed, closing his eyes only for a brief second before the late night's (or early morning's) problematic experience flashed in segments in his mind. Stirring a great surge of fear throughout his body. His eyes struck open like bullets and his breath hitched as he regained his sense of presence.
He ran a soft hand through his dusty brown spikes, feeling a slight discomfort from an IV plugged expertly in his hand. But when he took his hand away form his hair to look at it he was a bit more than surprised to see that instead of a casual green, his veins were now a mix of dark and vibrant purple.
"What the-" he began under his breath, but was soon stopped as he acknowledged the presence of another. It was the nurse he'd seen by his side a few times before. "Oh, h-hello." He greeted. The nurse only nodded in a kind manner and stood by his bed only to scribble down a series of nonsense on her paper.
It wasn't much longer until his ears were filled with her voice, "And how are you feeling right now Thomas? Any pain, discomfort maybe?" Tom only glanced at her and shook his head, "No, and you can call me Tom by the way. I'm not really fond of people using my full name."
"Yes of course, my bad. Do you need anything then, Tom? A drink, maybe some food to help your body a bit?" The Brit only now took notice of his parched and soar throat, "Yes actually, some water, or tea if you have it, would be great." The blonde nodded and walked off, most likely to get him a most desired drink.
He enjoyed having such a kind nurse, much different from the stern doctors he would commonly see in medical related place.
He waited only a few more minutes with a blank mind before a familiar person came back to view with a small paper cup and small food packages in hand. She handed him the cup from which steam arose and placed the small packages upon his bedside. "Thanks." He said, cradling the warm cup in his hands, savoring the comforting warmth that was provided.
    Scenting the familiar herbal tone his mind floated towards his curious side. "So, can you tell me a bit about this place?" She raised a brow slightly, "Well what would you like to know?" She asked. Tom took a small sip from the warm cup, feeling his throat worth itself at last.
    "Anything really." He murmured from the bow of the cup, creating a small and dim echo of his voice. She hummed in return and sat down in a chair to his bedside.
    "Well, the army itself has been around for maybe nine or ten years, and there's plenty of recruits as you can tell." Ten years? Ten?! Tords been keeping this damned secret all that time?!
    "The building however is just about 30, I reckon it was used as a base to a different army before we came. But no one knows for sure, it was just empty when we arrived."
    She talked on and on about the buildings history and Tom soon found that he regretted asking for information. He acted as though intrigued by her knowledge for a time before she started talking about Tord, then his ears really perked.
    "...he's always working around the base, never seems to stop and take a breather if you'd ask me. But I guess that's what you'd expect from a leader when a war's about to break out." Wait what? What war?! "He's even-" Tom stopped her from going any further, "What war? With who?" He asked, urgency arising in his system.
    "I thought you would've been told by now, oh well. We're at the brink of war with the Purple Army, we caught them sneaking undercover soldiers into our base to gather info, and after being confronted they denied it all which made Red Leader absolutely furious."
"But I wouldn't be surprised if something popped up about the Yellow army either, after this morning anyways.." he gave her a questionable look before talking another drink from his tea. "Something? You mean like a war, or..?" She tilted her head. "It's possible, but I doubt he'd start it with everything else that's going on." The only question that ran through Tom's mind was, is it worth that much? Surely the attack wouldn't cause such an outbreak...would it?
"Anyways, I've got to attend to some other patients, I'll check back in later on with you. If you'd like I can tell you more then, but for now I'm out of time." Tom nodded in dismissal.
The nurse soon up and left, leaving Tom alone once again. He began to think of his situation once he was out of the infirmary...that is, if he ever succeeded in doing so. Where would he stay? What was the downtime? And how was he supposed to tend to his wound after all this?
So many questions, such few answers. He assumed he'd just have to ask his nurse later on..

••••••(1st Person PoV; Tord)••••••

I had just finished my mid day check up around the base, everything seemed to be stable and secure which eased my anxiety slightly. The Yellow Army has got to be taken care of, but not now. Not with the damn Purples on the run..
I walked into the mess hall where I saw a majority of the army eating and chatting, lunch was at its peak and many of the soldiers were no doubt grateful for the small break. The hard rubber of my boots clacking on the ground was nothing compared to the many voices trading turns.
I got a few looks and glares as I walked in, huh, that's the first. I stopped in my tracks as I stood above a man in uniform, sitting at a bench with a few supposed buddies. He continued to give me a glare as I cleared my throat, the mess hall soon went dead silent and all eyes were on me. But it didn't affect my stance in the least.
"Is there a problem soldier?" I asked, making sure to slide a hint of dominance in. His hazel eyes locked with my dark red one and for a moment I saw a strand of his messy brown hair shift before he smoothed it back. "Yeah, who's that mut you dragged in yesterday? 'N why is he sitting all pretty in hall A with the specials, huh?"
A flicker of anger shot through me for a brief second, I remember this guy now. Nick, age 29 and an asshole of a soldier. "Better watch your mouth, Nick. Or else you'll buy yourself a temporary suspension." I said, straightening my back to appear taller in a way. "And for your information he's staying in hall A because I put him there. If there's a problem with that I will gladly see you in my office later today. Enjoy your lunch Nicholas."
With that I walked off, making sure to give him a glare of my own a point. I walked towards the back where I soon found Paul, Pat, and Edd eating lunch together. I sat across from Edd, seeing as the other two reflected one another.
"Ugh, he's always stirring up rubish.." Edd said in an annoyed tone. I nodded and grabbed a plate from the center of the table, filling it with food.
"So how did training go, Paul?" I asked, genuinely concerned with the state of progression. "Alright I suppose, two rookies started a fight near the weapon house, so that was a hassle. But other than that it went pretty well." I hummed in annoyance, these rookies really have to get a grip on things.
"So if you don't mind me asking sir, what are Tom's arrangements once he gets out of the infirmary? Surely he can't tend to himself during downtime?" I thought for a long moment, I hadn't thought much about it since the morning. "Well...I'm not sure to tell you the truth. It's only been a few hours..." I looked up at Edd and he returned my stare with a look of will. "He can stay with me for a while." He offered. I gave him a long stare before replying. "I suppose...but won't Matt be staying in your dorm once he comes up from England?" A look of remembrance shot pat Edd's face. "Oh yeah, forgot about that...but that's not for another month or so, shouldn't it work out?" I gave him a dumbfounded look, "He's been shot, Edd. Shot. He's not going to be all new and shiny in a month." As I talked I took mild note that the other two had started a conversation of their own.
Edd looked down, a strike of sadness peeking through his eyes. "It's alright Edd, we'll figure it out." I said, and with that I began to chow down on my food, I hadn't eaten all day, I was practically starving!

Nearing the end of lunch service Edd and I remained in the hall, grabbing an extra plate of food for Tom, I told Edd he should take it, seeing as I couldn't quite face the Brit again yet. The guilt was still at an overwhelming rate and frankly I wasn't handling it all to well.
    Edd and I said our goodbyes outside the hall doors and I watched him walk off in direction of the infirmary. It made me think about how much he was always there for me, and how I couldn't even keep a few simple promises. It made me feel like a piece of garbage, and I hated myself for it.
    If it hadn't been for my loud mouth Tom wouldn't be stuck here at base, he wouldn't be stuck here in the infirmary, and I wouldn't have to deal with all these damn problems with the yellow army!
    I smacked my fist into the hard unforgiving stone of the corridor wall with frustration and swore I felt something crack in my hand.
    My teeth clenched together and I hissed in pain, why am I such a stupid idiot?! I cradled my fist in my right hands grip and looked out onto the fields, seeing soldiers practicing hand to hand combat and more. It distracted me momentarily for the newfound aching pain in my left hand. 'Great job, smart ass..' I mentally thought.
    I turned towards the direction of my office as a cool chill slipped its way up my body, reminding me that fall was upon the base here in Norway.

••••••(1st Person PoV; Edd)•••••••

    I stepped through the infirmary entrance with a plate of warm food wrapped up in my hands, searching for a familiar face upon the occupants.
    Soon enough I found him and I walked over to his bedside quietly, discovering upon arrival that he was once again asleep.
    It relieved me to say the least, it was good that he was getting some treasured rest. He needs it to heal after all. But like Tord said, he's not gonna be all shy and new anytime soon.
    The thought depressed me in the slightest, this was never supposed to happen, Tom was never supposed to get hurt...he was never even supposed to be here.
    I looked at his face, studying his familiar features. Even including the dark bags under his eyes, he had always abused his sleeping hours by drinking them away...those were always worrisome nights for me, I didn't want him to get into a fight with a stranger or anything so I always accompanied him for as long as I could as he drank.
    But the stress put on those nights were nothing compared to the peaceful expression across his face now. He even snored lightly as he was snuggled in the odd comfort of the hospital bed.
    I sat in a chair at his bedside for a while, watching over him with worry as I awaited something troublesome to happen. He just looked so at peace, I was worried he would be disturbed by something other than a pleasant sleep.
    Soon enough I settled on the fact that nothing was going to happen and that he was going to be alright for the time being. So, I reached into a pocket on the side of my coat and pulled out some green sticky notes along with a plain ol' pen.

'Tom,
        I came by to bring you some food but you were sleeping, so I'll just leave it here  for when you wake up. Just tell the nurse to heat it up if it gets cold, I'm sure she won't mind.
                    Sincerely,
                                Edd'

    I placed the sticky note on top of the plate, seeing as it was protected with some foil wrapping. Soon enough, I got up and left, not sure where to go next.
Maybe I'll check in on Matt...

(A/N; ayayay, kinda delayed but I made it longer this time. Tell me what you thought it the comments, I'd love to hear feedback from you guys! Hope you enjoyed, I'll see you in the next part.) -Swingster

(P.S; please tell me if you guys ever see any grammar mistakes, I write these chapters at like 2 in the morning and I'm not really paying attention to spelling and shiz half the time-thanks)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.6K 2.7K 30
Tord, the leader of a secret army base also known as the infamous Red Leader, coming back for forgiveness from friends that have more of a heart to s...
64.3K 1.9K 16
*tw: swearing, murder, abuse, and crazy yanderes* "I guess that was the stupidest thing I'd done in my entire life. And trust me, I've done a lot of...
51.8K 2.7K 20
{COMPLETED} Tord. The one person who changed Tom, Matt, and Edd's lives forever. The Red Army. The one thing that enslaved all of England. Edd, Matt...
41K 705 26
FFS STOP READING THIS IT SUCKS SEVERELY- ---- It's been 4 years after the whole robot thing and Tom is feeling worse then ever. He killed a man, a m...