Danganronpa X Male Reader: Ki...

By WAREDGO

Sixteen students. Trapped within confinement of one of the world's most prestigious schools for the rest of t... More

Prologue
Welcome to Despair Academy: Episode 1 - 2
Welcome To Despair Academy: Episode 1 - 3
Welcome To Despair Academy: Episode 1 - 4
Welcome To Despair Academy: Episode 1 - 4.5
Welcome To Despair Academy: Episode 1 - 5
Welcome To Conduit Academy? : 2 - 1
Welcome to Conduit Academy? : 2 - 2

Welcome to Despair Academy: Episode 1 - 1

6.7K 87 151
By WAREDGO

There you go! First part of the first episode! And GODDAMN, it's long! XD Enjoy!

Darkness had overtaken (Y/N)'s vision upon his very first step into Hope's Peak Academy. It felt like the end...

Later...

"Urgh..." (Y/N) groaned as he slowly woke up and gained consciousness. Adjusting his vision to the place that he was in, he soon found himself to be sitting at a desk in a...classroom?

...

There was no mistaking it that he was in Hope's Peak, but something was definitely off, and it wasn't just how he just so happened to randomly end up in a classroom.

His thoughts were, 'What's with the iron plates and security cameras...?'

He then held down two fingers on his beatLink wristband to try and get in contact with another Runner...

'...'

'Wait...what happened to my beatLink?!' (Y/N) panicked upon realization that his beatLink smartwatch was gone. Without it, he had no BeatMap, no Runner Vision, nothing. Not even a clue about where he was in Hope's Peak.

'Guess I'm gonna have to explore this place blind then...' He thought as he glanced at the clock on the wall, which read 7:57.

Upon getting up and leaving the classroom, (Y/N) encountered another person, who appeared to be a boy with a dull green hoodie, an open black jacket, and brown spiky hair with an ahoge.

"Um...who are you?" The boy asked.

"Um...just some Super High-School Level student who happened to wake up in a classroom after falling into unconsciousness upon their first step in Hope's Peak..." (Y/N) shrugged as the boy's eyes went wide.

"That's exactly what happened to me, too! Do you remember anything else that happened?" The boy asked.

"Nope, I don't even know what caused my vision to start tripping out when I first arrived right in front of the gates of this school." (Y/N) replied.

"Likewise. But for now, we should look for other people in this school." The boy said.

"I agree. Oh, and the name's (Y/N) (L/N). Super High-School Level Runner." He said as the boy answered.

"What's with the tattoo on your arm and eye?"

"A story that will eventually be told some other time. Anyway, I still haven't gotten your name yet."

"Makoto Naegi. Super High-School Level Lucky Student. Nice to meet you."

"Likewise." (Y/N) said, getting a slight chuckle out of Naegi.

As (Y/N) and Naegi walked through the hallways of Hope's Peak, the former felt a sense of unease washing over him. Then he remembered that gut feeling he had when he passed out in front of the gates of what he thought to be his hope-filled future.

One look at Naegi told him that he probably had the same gut feeling.

As they both pushed that feeling aside, they checked the other rooms they came across, which all had windows barricaded with bolt-on iron plates.

"What the hell is with the iron plates? Is this school on lockdown or something?" (Y/N) asked.

"I don't know. Either that or something else, although I wish there was a good, reasonable answer for a lockdown like this..." Naegi said with a hint of nervousness.

After that was over and done with, (Y/N) and Naegi came across one room with a massive iron door and two gatling guns in front of it, as what appeared to be fourteen other students and counting, turned to look at them.

"Alright, welp, we got sixteen of us, now." Said a guy whose hair looks like he just got electrocuted.

"Beats me, but in the meantime, is that everyone?" Said a rather round guy with glasses and an orange backpack. "If so, then maybe we'll get to know what exactly is going on here..."

"Hey, are you all freshmen here as well?" Naegi asked.

As (Y/N) was looking at all of the other students, one of them said, "What are you looking at?" He turned his attention elsewhere, not wanting to stir up any trouble.

"I can only assume one of you is waiting for an introduction?" (Y/N) asked, raising an eyebrow at the others as they all looked at each other.

"Is any gonna introduce themselves?" A guy with spiky red hair chuckled nervously.

Suddenly, a voice was heard from what everyone assumed was a loudspeaker.

"Attention, all students! Report to the gymnasium at once!" The voice announced.

"I'm afraid introductions are gonna have to wait." (Y/N) sweatdropped as everyone started making their way to the gym. Along the way, some of the students took notice of (Y/N)'s tattoos and couldn't help but stare at them, curious as to why he had them.

(Y/N) had taken notice of this, but decided to pretend not to, as he saw one of the students start sweating bullets at the sight of his tattoos.

Once everyone had gathered in the gym and looked toward the stage, a two-tone teddy bear suddenly popped out of the podium as everyone gasped, some in surprise, some in shock, and some in fear.

"Now, I know what you're all thinking and NO, I am NOT a high-tech, Build-A-Bear reject! I am your new principal, MONOKUMA!" The bear announced.

"New principal? Hey, what happened to the old one?" (Y/N) shouted.

"Oh, nothing, he just retired from his job. Puhuhuhu~" Monokuma chuckled.

'Of course he didn't, you liar...' (Y/N) thought as he glared at Monokuma, not knowing one of the students, a lavender-haired girl, had the exact same thoughts.

"B-but, you're just a teddy bear." One of the students said.

"I said, I'm NOT a high-tech, Build-A-Bear reject, nor a teddy bear! If any of you ask me what I am again, I'LL SKIN YOU ALIVE!" Monokuma growled as everyone remained silent.

"Anyway, welcome to your new living quarters! Seeing as we've got a sweet 16 young high school students here at Hope's Peak, let's kick off this first day with a little announcement! All of you carry the hopes of the world on your shoulders, so in order to protect and take care of you symbols of hope, I've decided to let you all live together within the confines of this school!" Monokuma announced.

"Um...f-f-for how long e-exactly?" A female student with glasses and dark purple, twin braids stuttered.

"How long exactly? Hmm...I'd say...THE REST OF YOUR LIVES!" Monokuma announced.

At the mention of that, everyone's stomachs did swan dives all the way down to their feet as everyone yelled in shock and disbelief.

"WHAT?!?"

"Yes! By new living quarters, I mean PERMANENT living quarters!" Monokuma said with a devilish grin. "But don't worry, we've got one hell of a budget, bigger than you can imagine, so you won't have to worry about running out of any satisfactory needs!"

"That's not the point, what if we have families?!" A female student with long blue hair and blue eyes asked.

"Hold on a sec!" Naegi shouted. "So, those iron plates covering the windows. Those are to shut us in?!"

"Correct! Those iron plates and that iron door you were all at several minutes ago are all to trap you here and ensure that you're here for keepsies, so kick and scream all you want; no one outside can hear you." Monokuma deadpanned at the last sentence.

"But why? Surely, this has to be a joke, we can't stay here forever!" Another female student with strawberry blonde hair said.

"Don't worry, there is a way you can get out of here! The caveat is simply, drum roll please...!" Everyone held their breaths as an aforementioned drum roll played over the speakers. Of course, the suspense was already killing some of the students.

"...Nothing but good ol' fashion MURDER!" Everyone gasped, while some paled at the word murder.

"The student that kills a classmate and gets away with it, gets to graduate! In other words, go free like a bird!" Monokuma announced cheerfully.

"Wha-?! We have to KILL someone if we want out?!" (Y/N) yelled.

"Correct! It doesn't matter how you do it, you just gotta take the life of a student and get away with it to go free! Stab them, beat them, choke them, hang them, burn them, cut them, poison them, and even shoot them if you find a gun! Again, doesn't matter how you do it! Such a perfect motive for a situation where hope turns into despair, that it makes me ooze with joy!" Monokuma giggled.

"Oh, you want murder, teddy two-tone?! Take this shit any further and you'll be victim number one!" Yelled a tall male student with a light brown pompadour as he knelt down to Monokuma's shortass height.

"Is that a threat? You gonna impale me on that pompadour?" Monokuma sneered, causing the student's face to go red in anger as he grabbed Monokuma with one hand and lifted him into the air.

"Bitch, NO! What I'm gonna do is tear you apart 'til there's nothing left but whatever's makin' you jabber!" The student yelled in anger.

"AH! School rules expressly state no harm must come to the principal under any circumstances!" Monokuma said in panic as he began to flail arms in the air frantically as his red eye began to flash with a loud siren noise of sorts that echoed throughout the gym.

"Uh, guys? What's that noise?" The student asked as the flashing red eye and the noise suddenly grew in frequency and tempo.

One of the other students, the girl with long lavender hair, noticed what was going on and spoke up.

"Oh no! Toss him!" She shouted.

The student holding Monokuma just looked at her confused until (Y/N) ran up to him, grabbed Monokuma out of the student's grasp, and threw him high into the air until he exploded.

Everyone just stayed put, shocked at what just happened.

"This is real, isn't it?" Naegi asked with fear in his eyes.

"Unfortunately, it is all too real, I'm afraid." (Y/N) said as he turned to the others. "Is everyone okay?"

They all nodded to confirm that they were fine, lifting concern from (Y/N)'s heart as he sighed in relief.

"How about you, big guy?" (Y/N) asked, turning to the student in question as he looked to the ceiling, fear and panic painted all over his face.

"It-it coulda blown my face off!"

"So the teddy bear's kaput?" A short girl with chestnut hair asked.

"Not a teddy bear! Monokuma!" Everyone turned to the podium to see Monokuma pop out of it. "Tada!"

All of the students gasped.

"Are you serious? What the hell?!" The spiky, red-haired guy yelled.

"You-you son of a-!" The tall man with the pompadour yelled in rage.

"Consider that a verbal warning, young man. Get smart with me again, any of you, and let's just say 'round here we forego written warnings in favor of instant corporal punishment!" Monokuma said, anger written all over his face as he brandished his claws.

"Now, like I said, this place is now your home. If you want to leave this place, you must follow my rule. And that rule is killing someone and getting away with it! This ends the entrance ceremony, and I would like you all to get to know each other better. So please, I hope you all enjoy this affluent and gloomy high school life!"

Monokuma then pulled out a smoke bomb before he spoke again. "Oh, and one more thing. Check your pockets, I've given each of you a little gift that I recommend you keep with you at all times, so I highly advise that you keep it with you at all times and do NOT lose it!"

Monokuma then threw down the smoke bomb and pulled off a legit ninja vanish as everyone then looked at each other for a few silent moments. Everyone checked their pockets and each student found a device called an e-Handbook, that showed a student's personal information.

"Okay, so uh...where were we?" The spiky, red-haired guy asked.

"We were about to go with introductions, so we might as well get that out of the way." (Y/N) reminded him as he then cleared his throat. "My name is (Y/N) (L/N), the Super High-School Level Runner. Anyone else wanna go?"

The spiky, red-haired guy with a punk rock appearance spoke up.

"The name's Leon Kuwata, the Super High-School Level Baseball Star. Despite me being a champ at baseball, I never went to practice or any of that crap, so I honestly have no idea how I managed to earn my title right off the bat, no pun intended." He said, smiling at the pun he just so happened to make and then disregard at the last second. "However, I would've preferred being the Ultimate Musician, since I'm more of a music guy than a sports kind of guy."

"Alright, so there's (Y/N) and Leon. Anyone else wanna go?" Naegi asked to the other students as a rather attractive young girl with long blue hair, blue eyes, and a sailor-esque school girl uniform stepped in.

"I'm Sayaka Maizono, the Super High-School Level Idol. Watching other idols on TV is what gave me the determination to become an idol myself and get to where I am now! I hope we can get along well!" She said cheerfully.

"So, you sort of take after other idols to give strength to other people?" (Y/N) asked, to which Maizono nodded. Naegi then stepped up to introduce himself.

"My name is Makoto Naegi, and I'm the Super High-School Level Luck. There isn't really anything much to know about me, other than the fact that Lady Luck got me enrolled here..." He chuckled a bit nervously.

"This introduction is a waste of time. Our handbooks can easily display everyone's name, so I already know who you all are." Said a blonde guy with glasses.

"Alright then, Mr. Jackass Knows It All, who are you, then?" (Y/N) asked with a glare.

"My name is Byakuya Togami, the Super High-School Level Heir. That's all you need to know." Togami said.

"Well then, Togami, if you wanna see things in your own perspective, then I suggest you leave us alone and not take part in this. Besides, you did just contradict yourself, despite pointing out that thing about our handbooks." (Y/N) deadpanned.

"Hmph." Togami said as he turned and walked away. His appearance of blonde hair, glasses, and a suit, had already defined him as a know-it-all jackass.

"Alright, who's next?" (Y/N) asked as another girl stepped in.

"Heya! I'm Aoi Asahina, the Super High-School Level Swimmer, or the Ultimate Swimmer as my friends would tell me. I went to five different sports clubs before becoming a representative at the Olympics." She giggled. Asahina had a tanned skin complexion, light blue eyes, and brown hair tied into a gravity-defying ponytail. She wore a white tank top, a red tracksuit, and athletic shorts.

After Asahina's introduction was said and done, the guy with the pompadour who had recently started trouble with Monokuma spoke up.

"Name's Mondo Oowada, the Super High-School Level Biker. Nice to fuckin' meetcha." He said. Mondo's appearance was no doubt, that of a biker's appearance, which consisted of a black overcoat, a white shirt, and black baggy pants along with white loafers for footwear.

After his introduction was finished, a short girl a doll-like appearance, with neck-length chestnut hair and hazel eyes walked in and introduced herself.

"H-h-hello, nice to meet you all. I'm Chihiro Fujisaki, the Super High-School Level Programmer." She said.

A boy with spiky, black hair, red eyes, and a white uniform introduced himself.

"I am Kiyotaka Ishimaru, the Super High-School Level Hall Monitor! I believe in bold simplicity! Let's work together on our current situation and issue!" He said proudly.

'Mr. Goody Two Shoes, much?' (Y/N) thought.

A girl with light purple eyes, round glasses, twin dark purple braids, and a sailor-esque school uniform with a noticeably long skirt spoke up.

"N-not that you'll remember my n-name anyway, but-" She stuttered.

"Speak clearly, girl." Togami said.

"S-s-s-sorry. I'm T-Toko Fukawa." She finished.

Naegi caught the sight of a girl who out of everyone, was rather the silent type. She was the same girl who first realized Monokuma was a walking time bomb when Mondo had previously started some trouble with him.

She was somewhat tall, with purple eyes, pale skin complexion, and long lavender hair with a side braid tied with a black ribbon. She wore a dark purple collared jacket over a white blouse and brown tie, along with a short skirt and heeled, knee-length boots. A rather interesting piece of clothing that she wore were a pair of black, custom-made gloves.

"Hey, um, who are you?" Naegi asked.

The girl stayed silent, until realizing everyone was staring at her. She sighed and introduced herself. "I'm Kyoko Kirigiri."

"That's it? Nothing else?" Naegi asked. Kyoko went back to being silent.

(Y/N) just shrugged as a girl with blue eyes and thick, strawberry blonde hair tied into twin pigtails introduced herself. "I'm Junko Enoshima, the Super High-School Level Fashionista. Charmed, I'm sure!"

Junko had a tall, feminine figure. She wore a black cardigan over a white dress shirt, the latter being slightly loosened to expose a part of her bra, and around her neck was a tie in white, black, and red coloration. Last, she wore a red miniskirt and lace-up boots.

"I believe it is my turn, yes?" (Y/N) nodded at the next girl's question. This girl wore gothic lolita clothing and had red eyes and twin drill pigtails.

"I am Celestia Ludenberg, the Super High-School Level Gambler." Celestia said with a smile.

"Alright. Anyone else?" (Y/N) asked.

"Here." A rather strong voice spoke.

Everyone turned to see a rather buff female about a height of 6'4". She had long white hair, dark reddish skin complexion with a scar across her face. She donned a white sailor-esque school uniform with ripped sleeves and bandages on her arms, along with a short, blue skirt.

"I am Sakura Oogami. I am the Super High-School Level Martial Artist." She spoke.

'Okay, seriously. Not that I'm complaining or anything, but how many of us are wearing sailor uniforms, for crying out loud?!' You yelled in your head.

"How 'bout you, big guy? What's your name?" (Y/N) asked, turning to a round guy with glasses and an orange backpack.

"I'm not big, nor am I fat. I'm Hifumi Yamada, the Super High-School Level Fanzine Artist!" He boasted in a "heroic" accent.

Hifumi appeared to be a rather chubby boy with black hair and a pointed ahoge. He wore a white button-up shirt with an orange and blue tie, a gray cardigan, black trousers, and white trainers.

Last but not the least out of everyone in the group, the last person to introduce himself looked the oldest, leading to the everyone's assumption that he probably got held back at least a year or two.

"Guess I'm the only one left, huh? Name's Yasuhiro Hagakure, Hiro for short. I'm the Super High-School Level Fortune Teller!" He said.

He had a dark brown and rather extravagant hairstyle that looks like he just got electrocuted.

He wore three layers of shirts, the top one being an old green uniform jacket, the second one being a white button-up shirt, and the third one being a small yellow short sleeve shirt. He also wore a brown haramaki and uses a yellow rope as a belt.

"And...that's everyone, right?" Naegi asked. Everyone looked at each other before confirming the question.

"Yep, now, I hate to be the impatient one out of all of us, but can we eat now? We still haven't had breakfast!" Mondo said. At that moment, everyone else's stomachs growled.

"Yeah, a nice meal is just what we'll need." Naegi sweatdropped as he chuckled.

"Then we can split up and search the school to figure out the boundaries of our confinement." (Y/N) said.

"Hmph, splitting up? How cliche..." Togami replied in a rude tone as (Y/N) rolled his eyes.

"You got a better idea?" (Y/N) asked with a raised eyebrow and a glare. "I prefer having everyone put into groups, so everyone can keep tabs on each other."

"I still prefer to search alone." Togami stated.

"Think that's smart?" Junko asked with a suspicious look.

"I do, yes. Considering one or more of you might already be planning my untimely demise."

"Whoa there, pal! You can't just do whatever you want!" Mondo shouted, blocking Togami's path.

"Hmph. Out of my way, narwhal." 

That put the Ultimate Biker on the verge of exploding. "Ohhhh, your paranoia's about to be right on!"

"H-hold on, guys! The last thing we wanna do is fight!" Naegi protested, trying to break apart the situation at hand.

"Say what?! The hell do you think you are, punk?! You wanna lecture me?! GIVE ME A LESSON ON TEAMWORK?!?" Mondo yelled.

"Wha-no, I-!" Naegi stuttered.

There was no longer any time to talk as Mondo's fist was already about to slam into Naegi's face. Most of the others gasped.

All except for one. 

You had swooped in in a flash and blocked the punch aimed at the Luckster with your bare hand. "I would do as Naegi says. All you're doing is playing right into our captor's hands. So go take a chill pill while you're at it."

"Grrrrgh, fine!" Mondo stormed off in frustration as Naegi sighed in relief.

"Phew...thanks for saving me." Naegi said with a smile as you turned around to face him.

"Don't mention it. As much as I hate to say this, just let Byakuya be. Alright everyone, let's go grab a bite..." You sighed as everyone headed to the dining room. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240 2 13
16 students are trapped inside a school surrounded by a barrier and are forced to kill each other with sick motives. A few familiar faces are spotted...
462 27 16
15 students are trapped in a school and are forced to kill one-another and not get caught for survival
131 0 22
A fanfiction of the game and anime Danganronpa, the story takes place some years after The Tragedy that took out most of the world. 16 students awake...
1.2K 45 20
16 Ultimates trapped inside a high school, with their sadistic principal, Monokuma, telling them there is only one way out; MURDER STORY CONTAINS GRA...