Cliché

Door officialy_lizzy

We all love happy endings- I mean, who doesn't? So in the perfect love story, 2 childhood best friends are d... Meer

Average
Double Take
Unbelievable
Tornado
Memory Lane
Rushed
Wounded
Creep
Holy sweet potatoes
Advice
Christina Marie Brooks...
Nerves
Trick or Treat
A..a..what?
Homework on a Friday?
Hide Away
Revelations
Master Splinter
Run For It
Dinner Dates & Clumsy Mistakes
Late Nights
Surprise
Bonjour
Bonjour pt.2
Time Flies
Prom Detective
The Last Waltz
Resting Beach Face
The Big Day
When It Rains, It Pours
Graduation Day
Mind Over Matter
Miss Movin' On
Realization
An Italian Wedding
Author's Note
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Jasmine's POV

Hometown

2.6K 96 23
Door officialy_lizzy

A/N: Hey guys!! So I was thinking I would make this chapter in Blake's POV? What do you guys think? I know its weird since I started off the first 2 chapters with Chris's POV, but I wanted to wait until I introduced Blake into the story before I started to write in his POV. Here we go!!

Blake

As I stepped out of the car, I took in the familiar scenes around me. The way the air was crisp, clean. The way everything seemed to be alive and moving. I looked around the place where I grew up.

Home.

One word yet it has so many meanings behind it. The memories, the heartache, the good things, the bad things. It was all home. Although, home isn't a place with a roof over your head.

Home was where your heart was.

And my heart was here. All of it. It didn't matter what happened in the town I just came from, this was the place that I would forever call home.

My friends were here, my childhood was here, the memories were here. Turning my body while leaning against my car, I looked over to my left and looked at the house that held most-if not all- of the good memories.

Christina Brooks.

Chris-cross.

My Chris-cross.

Well, I can't call her mine since she was never mine to begin with, and I don't think she ever will be.

I remember every memory as if it were yesterday. I cherished every single moment I had with her. Every morning I woke up and the thought of being able to see her, was enough to get me out of bed and dressed under 5 minutes. What could I say? The crush I had on this girl was bigger than the average size whale. Call me obsessed, but it's the truth. I was sure that over time my feelings for her would fade away, but instead, as each day passed, my feelings only got stronger.

We met in Kindergarten. The first day actually. The bell had just rung and everyone was seated in their seats, with the look of anxiousness written all over our faces. Everything was better than I had imagined. I already made friends with a couple of the guys in my class, I was able to answer most of the questions the teacher asked us, and there was so much coloring! The teacher even gave me a sticker with a golden star on it! The day couldn't get any better. Or so I thought.

After lunch, we all went out to recess. The guys all dared one another to swing on the monkey bars and whoever could swing across all the way, would get a fruit roll-up the next day at lunch.

While the guys were yelling and pushing each other, my eyes wandered around the playground until they landed on a girl.

She was a small girl, with the palest skin I have ever seen. Her eyes were a plain brown and her hair was a deep chestnut brown, which was down to her waist. She was sitting all by herself on the bleachers, reading a book.

I wanted to go over there and sit with her, ask her what her name was. But I didn't know how to approach her. So I just stood where I was and admired her from afar.

God, she was so beautiful.

Then, out of nowhere, a girl- Belle Rivers, I believe her name was- came up to her with 3 other girls trailing behind, and slapped the book out of her hands. The book flew to the side and landed in the mud.

That was all it took before I stomped over there and went straight up to that girl that did that.

"Why did you do that?" I yelled at her.

"She's a loser." was her reply.

"She's not a loser, you are." I said to her.

And with that, she turned her heels and walked away, with the 3 girls still following her. There was no way I would let anyone talk to this girl like that. I went over to where the book was laying, picked it up, and started to walk over to the girl who owned it.

When I looked at her fragile, framed face, her eyes were wide and her lip trembled as if she was about to cry. I felt my chest constrict as I watched her painful expression.

"Here you go..I got your book from the mud and I wiped off some.." I said while giving her the book.

She took the book from me and sniffled, and then smiled shyly as she looked at the ground.

I was about to walk away until I heard a faint "thank you" come from behind me. I turned around and saw that she was smiling right at me.

Gosh, that smile was breathtaking.

"You're welcome," I said, smiling back.

She patted the spot next to her and asked "Do you want to sit with me?"

Did I want to sit with her? Of course I wanted to sit with her.

I walked back over to her and took a seat next to her. We were quiet for a few minutes. Then, collecting enough courage to look at her again, I turned to her.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Christina, but people call me Chris," she replied shyly. "What's your name?" she asked.

"Blake, Blake Thompson." I answered with a smile.

She smiled back and I felt like Superman after saving the city.

"Hey! Chris, like criss-cross back in the classroom!" I said.

She tossed her head back and laughed. That laugh was like music to my ears. So melodious and smooth.

"That will be my nickname for you." I said with a smile.

She turned and looked at me, with her eyes big and mouth slightly parted, a small smile on her lips.

"Chris-cross?" she asked.

"Chris-cross." I confirmed.

And just like that, my day went from great, to a day I would never forget.

I continued to stare at the house, still deep in thought. I wonder if she got my letter...

But my thoughts were cut short as my mother's voice filled the air.

"Blake!" she yelled.

"Yes, mum?" I yelled back.

"Come help your father unload the furniture back into the house!" she yelled.

Father.

That man was not, and never will be, my father.

My father passed away due to a shipwreck on his way to his military base when I was 12. It was a rough time, I'll admit. Mother was constantly down, and was never in the mood to do much. The house felt empty, empty as if his death took a piece of the house with him. I was depressed for a few months after his passing, and only 1 person brought some light back into my life.

Christina.

She always knew how to comfort me. She always knew the right things to say at the right time and she just made me feel like I was important. We told each other everything. If there was ever anything on our minds, we would talk about it on her porch swing in her backyard.

It was sort of like our secret spot. We would always go there if we needed to talk about something, or if one of us needed comforting. A few months after my father's passing, Christina's parents divorced. She ran out of the house and straight to the bench in the backyard.

I was coming upstairs to my room. We had just finished dinner, mum and I, and I was going upstairs to put on my shoes before going to hang out with Christina again. But as I entered my room, I looked out my window and saw a small figure hunched over, shaking, while sitting on the bench.

My heart started beating faster than I thought possible as I struggled to put on the darn shoes. After I managed to put the shoes on, I flew down the stairs and ran out the door and to Christina's backyard.

Surely, sitting there on the bench, was Christina.

But she wasn't the positive, cheery, happy Christina I've grown to love- wait, did I just say love?

Holy flying dinosaurs...I was in love with Christina Brooks.

Did I care that we were only 12? Of course not. She was the one I wanted to grow old with. She was the one-the only one- who had my heart.

I walked over to her, and gently put my hand on her shoulder. She picked her head up and looked at me. I smiled at her, and she tried to smile back, but it came off as a grimace. I would do anything just to see her smile again.

"Shhh, shhh, it's okay Chris-cross, I'm here." I cooed, while rubbing her back gently.

We sat like that for a while, her lying in my arms, while she calmed down. If I said this didn't feel right, I would be lying.

Her laying there in my arms, was the most perfect feeling in the world.

After she calmed down, she pulled away, and I tried to hide my disappointment when she did.

I looked at her and wiped away the tears from her eyes. Seeing her cry, was probably the most painful thing I could watch. My heart ached for her. I wanted to be there for her like she had been there for me all these years.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked her.

She looked at me and took a few calming breaths. I waited for her to speak when she was ready. I didn't want to force anything out of her. Although, if someone hurt her, they wouldn't see the light of tomorrow.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, you know that, right?" I said while looking down at her.

"No, no, I want to tell you,"she said with a small smile while sniffing.

And then she told me.

"My parents...they got a...divorce," she choked out. "I just don't understand it Blake. How could 2 people go from being madly in love with each other, to just hating each other's guts?" she whispered.

It hurt me to see her like this. She started to cry again and I held her in my arms, safe and sound from the world around us. It was just me and her. Every time we were together, it felt like time flew by, yet time froze.

When she calmed down a little, I brought my fingers to her chin and tilted her face so that she was looking up at me.

"Chris, listen to me. Sometimes, people can't help but get into disagreements. As humans, we make mistakes and sometimes they can be fixed with a simple apology, and sometimes, it takes a little more than an apology to mend things. It may seem like your parents hate each other now, but deep down, somewhere deep in their hearts, they still love each other very much. And you, you are their most precious achievement. And I-I am so glad I met you, and most importantly, to be able to call you my best friend."I explained, my tone gentle and soft.

She gazed up at me, her big, brown eyes glistening as the moon appeared in the night sky. Her eyes held so much love, appreciation, passion.

Had I caused her to feel that way?

But the next thing that happened, took me by complete surprise.

She hugged my so tight, I couldn't breathe. But I wasn't complaining. In fact, she could slap me and I wouldn't complain. I loved being around her.

"Thank you, Blake. For being here for me and for caring." she said while letting go of me.

"I will always be here for you Chris-cross, always." I said, a smile lighting up my face. Shortly after, her face mirrored mine, and I couldn't have been more happier.

- - - - - - - -

Setting the fridge down, I snapped out of my thoughtful daze. I realized we needed groceries. I took the keys from the table and walked outside to where mum and Jake were standing, talking about re-screening the porch.

'Hey mum, we need some groceries. I'll be gone about an hour max." I said.

"Okay, honey, be safe." she said with a warm smile.

Just as I was about to walk towards my car, I heard a phone go off. Our heads looked towards the sidewalk, and my heart did tiny somersaults when I saw who was standing there.

There, by the moving van, was standing the girl that was the only thing I was looking forward to seeing again.

- - - -

A/N: Hey guys! So how did you like this chapter with Blake's POV? Let me know what you guys think in the comments and don't forget to vote! Stay safe you guys!!

Elizabeth x

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

42.6K 1.7K 61
It's clearly hard to fall in love with someone when you don't know you're already falling. It's harder to fall in love with someone whom you know wo...
306K 9K 61
"I wouldn't mind watching you. Maybe we could tan together this summer." He suggested. "Without having tan lines." I could feel the smirk playing on...
Broken Door Claire

Tienerfictie

5.4K 215 40
Grace Jackson has been dealing with self hatred since middle school. It only became worse as the school years went by, and just when Grace feels it's...
2.8M 68.4K 124
COMPLETED - When Isabella arrives at college, she's determined to keep her head in the books and go by unnoticed. Yet, life had other plans for her...