she's a dark pastel ; michael...

By becausebeyonce

❝There are the pastels and there are the darks, but she didn't fit into either. And that's what he liked abou... More

She's A Dark Pastel (Michael Clifford/5SOS Fan Fiction)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
FUCK
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
ASHTON BOOK

Chapter 10

1.4K 34 5
By becausebeyonce

MICHAEL'S P.O.V

I made my way through the crowded hallways and up the stairs to get to my first class. It was something like science or chemistry or something like that, and I was dreading it. It was a pretty boring class and a bit easy. The teacher had a monotonous voice and seemed to be uninterested in the lesson sometimes. I reached the classroom and took my normal seat in the very back. None of my friends were here so I always sat alone. 

As class was a few minutes from starting, a girl walked into the room. She was wearing a black skater skirt and what looked like a Blink 182 shirt with a red and white plaid flannel over it. The flannel was unbottoned and looked a few sizes too big for her and the skater skirt reached a little bit above her knee. Black converse adorned her feet and her curled hair covered her face so I couldn't see who it was. She finally turned my way and I was able to see Skylar. Skylar. SKYLAR?! Why was she wearing that. I mean, she looked amazing in it, but I thought she was a pastel. Maybe she finally made her decision and chooses you? No, if she did this it is because she wants to, not because of me. I've been ignoring her and trying to make my feelings for her subside, and right when I think I'm going to forget her, she does this. I look down at my phone underneath the desk and pretend I didn't notice her. She walks down the aisle of desks and takes a seat a few seats away from mine, in the corner. I noticed the way people were looking at her, gasping at the sight of her. They expected to see Skylar dressed in pretty pink and other pastel colors. Well they were wrong and I was enjoying seeing them so confused. I turned my attention to Skylar to see her reading a book and chewing on her thumb. She seemed uneasy and tense. She never was one to have a confident posture, but her shoulders seemed to sag even more now. I noticed her regain her composure, probably realizing how bad her posture was. She crossed her legs and continued to keep her attention on the book. I decided to scoot a few seats closer to her, "What in the world do you think you're doing, Skylar?" I whisper/shouted. 

"Reading a book." Her voice had slight arrogance hidden behind it, as if she was annoyed with absolutely everything. 

"No, I mean what are you doing dressed like that." I corrected myself.

"This is how I Iike to dress, but I haven't been able to." She shrugged as if it were the simplest thing in the world and I was just stupid. I suddenly saw Nicole walk into the classroom and stride towards Skylar, "Why on earth did you break up with Travis for- and what do you think you're wearing?!" She screeched, 

"Clothes?" Skylar said it more like a question.

"You're dressed like them." She sneered as she looked at me.

"And what is wrong with being different, Nicole? Why is it so horrifying to not want to wear pretty pastel colors?" Skylar defended. 

"Well then you better get used to hanging out with these losers cause we are done with you." She snapped as she turned around and sashayed all the way back to her seat.  

"I don't expect you to let me hang around you after what I did." She cleared up. In all honesty, I was mad a her for taking so long to do this and for just confusing me even more. 

"Well I think it's a bit late for that too." I said as I went back to my old seat. I snuck a peak at her to see she was back into her book when the teacher came in. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dude, did you look at Skylar?" Calum asked me as we sat at lunch. 

"Yeah I saw her." I mumbled.

"She looked really hot." Calum smirked. 

"Calum, stop." I snapped,

"Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot that you still had feelings for her." Calum teased. 

"I don't." At least that's what I thought.

"Sure you don't." Luke chuckled. I turned around to see Skylar walk into the cafeteria and go into the lunch line. 

"Are you sure you have no feelings for her?" Calum asked.

"Yeah I'm sure." I mumbled.

"So if i invited her over here you wouldn't mind?" He asked.

I swallowed as I thought it through then shook my head. "Okay good cause there she is and I'm gonna go talk to her." He said before he walked toward Skylar. I saw them exchange a few words as a look of worry passed over her face. She sneaked a peek at me before leaning in close to Calum and whispering something. Calum shook his head and motioned for her to come towards our table. 

"Hi." The quietness of her voice made it seem raspy.

"Hello." Luke and Ashton said. I simply nodded in acknowledgement. Calum took a seat to my left and the only empty seat was to my right so Skylar took it. I examined her a little bit, just to take in her new appearance. The skirt and top fit her curves nicely and really showed everyone she actually had an hourglass figure. I never really thought about Skylar in that way. Not exactly. I mean, i'd noticed her curves and how beautiful she was, but now I notice... other things too.  I pushed the thoughts away as I saw her send me a weird look. I shook my head and turned to my food. There was an awkward silence until Calum broke it.

"So Skylar, what's with the new style?" He asked. I felt the necessity to slap him because that had to be the stupidest thing he could have asked.  Of all things he had to ask that.

"I just... I-I... I wasn't comfortable dressing like them just to fit in so I guess I just... changed my wardrobe up a bit?" She said, but it sounded more like a question. 

"That makes perfect sense." Calum said as he returned to his food.

"So about stage crew..." Luke began, "Since we're all here I wanted to say to Skylar that we are arranging a tiny, and believe me I mean tiny, get together. Just the stage crew. Do you think you could come?" 

"Um... yeah, what day and time?" She asked.

"Saturday at eight." 

"Okay, at you all's house?" 

"Yup." Luke confirmed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SKYLAR'S P.O.V

I arrived home early because stage crew was cancelled. Apparently the guys had to be somewhere and didn't think it would be fair to leave a ton of work just for me. I was feeling a bit lazy anyway so I decided to take the opportunity and take a long-deserved nap. I saw that my Step-parent's car wasn't in the driveway, so I went through the front door. I closed it behind me and walked towards the hall that led to my room. As I was about to walk in, I heard some whispers coming from my Step-Parent's room. I slowly made my way towards the door and stayed outside with my ear pressed to the door. "I'm sorry." I heard Martha whisper, "I shouldn't have done this. You're just an innocent creature and I'm such a horrible person. You're going to grow up with some gold digging assholes, but hopefully you're close with Skylar. I'm sure she'd be a great mother-figure to you." I heard her sniffle. She must have been talking to the small bump on her tummy while crying. It was a bit strange to hear Martha crying since she always seemed like one of the cruelest people in the world to me. She seemed emotionless and incapable of giving a shit about anyone but herself, yet here she was, telling her baby she was sorry for her future mistakes. 

I shook the thought away and slowly made my way back to my room. I opened and closed the door quietly and placed by backpack down. I sat on the edge of my bed as I heard Martha's quiet whispers. I felt an ache in my heart as I heard the woman weep softly. She probably didn't notice I came in. She would have stopped if she'd noticed I came in. I stood up from my bed and walked out towards her room. I stood quietly outside as I continued to hear her soft sobs. I opened the door and peeked my head in and saw her sitting on her bed with her head in her hands. Her small belly was visible through her shirt at four months. (She had already been three months along when she told me)

"H-Hey, are you, um, are you alright?" She jumped when she heard my voice and quickly wiped her tears.

"Why are you here so early?" She asked quietly. I nearly gasped at the soft sound of her voice. I was so used to seeing her strict and unloving that I didn't realize she could speak softly. 

"Stage crew was cancelled." I said back as I fully entered the room and closed the door. 

"Why don't you go out with some friends. I-I want to be alone right now." She said in her lovely soft voice. It was so nice to hear her talk to me like that, even if she wasn't saying anything sweet or important. 

"No, I want to help you. What's wrong? Where's Marcus?" I asked. 

She sighed as she ran a hand through her hair, "I'm fine, Skylar. He went out... to some club." 

"Why didn't you go with him? You always go with him." I knew she was pregnant, but that didn't stop her before.

A laugh escaped her lips, "Apparently to Marcus I'm 'A fat and disgusting pig.'" She put air quotations around some of her words.

"What? No no no, don't let him get to you. He's an asshole." I said quietly as I sat next to her on the bed.

"I should've seen it coming. Once I got fat and ugly he would drop me and find someone else." She laughed a little bit more, but tears leaked from her eyes.  

"Do you know if he's cheating on you?" I dared to ask. I was really pushing it, she could snap at me any minute.

"No, but i'm pretty sure he will. He's a man, he's going to want sex and since I can't give that to him he'll find someone else." She sighed as she looked down at her belly.  

"It's going to be okay, Martha. I'm going to be here to help you take care of the baby." I said as I awkwardly placed my hand on her back. It felt weird to console the woman who has been making my life a living hell.

_________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I'm going to try to make shorter, but more frequent updates instead of long and infrequent ones. This wasn't that good so sorry. It'll get better int he next one I promise :)

~J

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

720 19 17
in which a sick girl meets a shy boy.
1.2K 117 19