That One Girl

By liyahxleshae

°°° He was like fire and I was like ice. A boy without a home and me with everything. I decided to turn over... More

|°Chapter One°|

27 5 12
By liyahxleshae

All Rights Reserved.

°°°

Thursday morning, January 2017

"Don't talk to me," I say as soon as I see Dylan's annoying friend, Connor walking to my locker.

"Why you gotta be so cold, Mama?"

He puts his arm on my shoulder.

I shrug it off. "Please don't touch me. And don't call me 'Mama' either."

I swear on my Granny Jojo's grave if he doesn't leave me alone, he will get bitch-slapped back to Dylan.

"I just came because a handsome man wanted to ask something of a beautiful girl." He flashes me a cute smile.

He thought.

"And what is it? We don't have all day, Connor. I have to get to Homeroom. So cut to the chase, and quit the sweet talk."

I can't help doing it, but I tug at my lip.

At least it's better than biting my nails.

"Would you like to go on a date with Dylan tomorrow night? He'll pick you up at seven thirty-five because your reservation is at eight."

He looks confident.

"Sorry, but I have something to do," I lie, turning back to my locker. "And stop looking at my ass." Connor chuckles, but doesn't deny it.

"Great, you'll see him at seven-forty, at the latest." Connor turns to leave, but pauses and thinks I'll stop him.

Let them think what they want. If he comes to my house tonight, I'll call the Police for 'Attempted-Kidnap.'

Call me 'petty,' but just remember it's my middle name.

I turn to my locker, looking at my magnetic mirror.

I apply two coats on each eyelash with my mascara stick, and apply some strawberry chap stick.

Then, I close my locker and head out to Homeroom, Mrs. Shannon-burger's class.

°°°
Ten minutes later, sitting in the middle of homeroom, I pull out my book, City of Bones, by Cassandra Clare.

The Mortal Instruments are my favorite fantasy series, Divergent is my favorite action series, and The Hunger Games are my favorite survival series.

The principle is on the announcements talking about the Spring Formal in three months.

It's late January. Fall is over, in New York.

Winter's coming soon, so I need to buy some Uggs and stop wearing yoga pants.

I sigh, once the announcements are over, we have to sit in Homeroom for about ten more minutes.

Our substitute, Ms. Strobe is a total bitch.

Allow me to explain: when the students walked in, I automatically sat my desk, started reading my book, and responded to attendance.

The 'bad boys' in the back responded to other peoples' names, and hooted with laughter when people shot them dirty looks.

One of those people who glared were me.

"Ms. Strobe, can I get a blow job?"

Let me guess, that comment came from Dylan?

I turn, and see him smirking at me. I flip him off, and mouth: sexual harassment.

His smirk falls.

Bet he didn't think of that.

"Enough! One week of Detention! The whole class!"

I hate when teachers punish the whole class for other students'  dumbness.

I don't need this shit in my life.

°°°
I'm in the lunch line at school, waiting for my friend, Nina.

I feel a presence behind me. "Nina, you're over exaggerating. The school lunches don't completely suck."

"I'll ditch this crap to eat you any day, Mama."

Scrunching my nose in disgust, I turn to see Connor.

"Connor, I don't have time for you. I'm so angry at Dylan. He made the whole homeroom get a week of Detention, and I can't miss more than three Volleyball practices."

I bite on my lip.

Nina comes near me.

Practically wearing a cloud of perfume...Hmm.

"Thank God, you're here. Did you think ditching me is funny?" I try to sound as mad as I could, but I can't.

"Dylan-Dog is looking again, but this time he's drooling." She laughs, trying to change the subject, and almost gets away with it.

Nina and I burst out laughing.

"Come here, I missed you," I give her a tight hug. We're both 5'5, so it's not a problem.

The whole time, Connor is standing here awkwardly.

"You're dismissed," Nina says.

He rolls his eyes and walks away.

We walk over to our table and see our friends Maddie, Jayson, Peter, Selena, and Rihanna.

I sit next to Jayson.

He's on the soccer team and baseball team.

Lord knows how he does it with all that running.

"So how is your day so far?" I ask him.

Nina sends me a wink and mouths: get it.

I raise an eyebrow at her.

Get what? 'Get' started on a conversation with my friend?

"It was pretty good, besides getting Detentions. I might not get a good spot on the soccer team," Jay munches on his pizza.

"I understand what you mean. I don't think our coaches will let us miss more than three practices in one week," I reply.

Jason and I are good friends. He's also in my Homeroom.

"Hey Hailey," I turn around and see Calum, the guy I danced with at the party. He's scratching his neck with a light blush on his face.

"Hey Calum?"

Fuck! I did not know he goes to this school.

"So you go to this school now?" I ask.

"Yeah. I just transferred. My cousin goes here. Listen, can I talk to you alone?"

"Um..." I look over to Nina.

She nods her head. Then she holds up a circle with her right pointer and thumb. (👌)

Then slides her left index finger in and out with her left hand. (👉👌)

Oh my gosh. She's too much.

I turn back to Calum. "Sure."

He takes my hand and leads me out of the cafeteria, and into a janitor's closet.

Um. Okay.

"Listen, Hailey. I like you, and I know we only danced at the party, but I want to get to know you, and possibly something more."

"That's really flattering, but..."

For once, I'm at the lost of words.

"Before you make a decision, can I at least kiss you?"

I'm gonna admit he's hot, but I don't know what possessed him to talk to me. I don't like anyone romantically at this high school. 

I just want to finish my two years, and hurry up and start my life as an adult. The least I can do is give him a taste of what he can't have. Trust me, I'm no saint.

"S-sure."

Calum doesn't need to be told twice he grips my hair in his right hand-firm, but gentle, snatches my waist, and presses his mouth to mine.

I'm not gonna lie, he was rough, but gentle, and it's turning me on.

I honestly can't tell if he's a player, or not.

Calum hooks my right leg around his lower back, and pins me against the wall.

Before we can really get finish our intense make out session, Dylan opens the janitor's closet, with a girl standing next to him.

"What the Hell!"

My face is as red as a beet.

I shove past them, and run into the cafeteria.

"Girl what happened? Your hair is a mess and your lips are swollen! I never imagined you'de be the one having closet sex!" Nina is laughing.

All my friends turn and face me with raised eye brows.

"Shut up, Ni!" I run hands through my hair. Then I turn to my best friend.

"Come to the bathroom with me?"

"Sure. Only if you give me some details of what happened later," Nina says.

We throw away our trays away in the garbage, and recycle the milk cartons.

I sigh. "Fine."

I splash some cold water on my face., and dry it with a paper towel.

Lunch is over by the time we walk out, so I'm glad we threw away our trays.

The last few periods are a blur.

And I know is that I have homework and Detention.

°°°
"Don't touch my hair!" I whisper yell at Dylan.

Out of over twenty seats, he chooses to sit in the back of me.

"I can't help it. It's sexy."

"You're really a pervert," I say as I blush, but also scoot my chair closer to the one in front of me.

Mrs. Prior is oblivious to this fool in the back of me being a creep.

"Please, I don't need to beg girls to sleep with me," I hear him scoff in the back of me.

"Wow. But when said girls sleep around, we're called sluts." That should shut him up.

"That's most girls, but not you," he replies casually.

And it didn't.

I turn around to face him.

Gosh he's annoying.

"Dylan why do you like me?"

He shrugs. "Because you're a likable person?"

"That's not what I mean. Like romantically."

"Because you're beautiful, quiet, and and innocent?" He goes back to twirling my hair.

I sigh. 

"Good girls are bad girls that never get caught," I say.

That tickles.

I look outside and see Coach Sheldon making the soccer players run Suicides, and glance at Dylan out of the corner of my eye.

His knuckles are bloody and he has a bruise on his cheeks. 

I think nothing of it because don't bad boys get into fights all the time?

And I'm still missing Volleyball practice because of him.

Then he starts smelling my hair.

I smack his hands away and ignore him the rest of Detention.

°°°
[Copyright © 
All Rights Reserved.]

[Do not steal my work. I do not own the picture on the cover. I also do not own any pictures in this book. Any references to any people dead or alive is entirely coincidental. This is a work of Fiction.]

Now that we got that out of the way...

Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Share!

°°°

Also, read my Werewolf Books "Possessive Mate," and "Gamma's Girl!"

Send Covers, Banners, or Fan-Art to:

Email:  caliyahbrown11@gmail.com (sa-lee-yah)

Instagram: _.slayin.c

Snapchat: xxcaliyahxx (sa-lee-yah)

PM me Song Selections or Make FanArt and you'll get a Dedication!

Thanks for reading and have a nice day, afternoon, or night!  

°Liyah°

°°°

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...