Fashionably Late

By cryingkilljoy

Late for his job on the first day, teaching assistant Jamie Taylor can sense that the teacher isn't so fond o... More

day one of absolute fuckery
shit talking central
character development!
jesus the math tutor
this seems like a high school movie
big girl gert
SCANDALEUX
nvm, this entire thing is scandaleux
ur total comes to hella pain and 17 cents

k bye y'all

150 12 19
By cryingkilljoy

A few years later, and I've moved on to another job as a banker instead of a paper grader. I somehow find myself back at the same bar that I swore off due to the embarrassing time I had there when I first went, when I heard that mortifying piece of poetry written about me. The memories have worn off enough, and I was out on the town anyway, so I asked myself why not.

The bar holds the same air as it did when I was here last -- not rowdy enough for me to be bumped around, not quiet enough for my every move to be monitored by at least one other person in the club. I had no idea that they would be holding another open mic tonight, but I am pleasantly surprised. I'm not very well disposed towards the music they play at clubs, and I do enjoy poetry. It soothes me in partnership with the alcoholic drink I order at the counter.

Another poet takes the stage as I take my first sip. His words are not material that would ever be published or analyzed in schools for multiple centuries, but instead they're light-hearted and wild. They remind me of someone I used to know, someone I lied to so they would leave me alone and minimize the pain. But it doesn't last forever, and I end up feeling a sort of connection to this poet that I don't want to dishonor by allowing another poet to fill me with his work. Having finished my drink, I get up to leave a couple seconds after my favorite poet has left the stage. I swing my jacket around my body and feel a tap on my shoulder soon afterwards.

Hoping it's not someone trying to pick me up for the night, I spin around.

"I think my poetry got shittier now that it's not about you."

~~~~~

A/N: ooh lil cliffhanger wowowow anyway im done w this shit goodnight

~Dakootie patootie (@lana-obama asked that I use this so whatever)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 111K 96
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
1.5M 131K 45
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...