Burn It Down || Stilinski ||...

By soulfulstiles

[BOOK ONE] "You have me, okay?" Stiles told her seriously, and then dropped his voice into a whisper. "You'll... More

Rights
Cast
Playlist
Part One
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Important:
Fifteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Part Two
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty- Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Question- Titles
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
SEQUEL
IMPORTANT:
I CAN NEVER

Sixteen

10.9K 329 379
By soulfulstiles

"I NEED TO TALK TO YOU."

Sierra wouldn't have answered if she had known Stiles would be at her door. Her shoulders tensed as he awkwardly stood in the doorway.

Stiles wasn't the type to knock, which is why the dirty blonde thought it was Jemma checking in on her.

A moment of silence passed, both of them staring at one another before Stiles cleared his throat. "Can I come in?" he asked.

Sierra snapped out of her thoughts, nodded, and took a step back. She hadn't even seen him since Scott injured Danny at lacrosse practice.

Crossing her arms, Sierra watched as Stiles slowly walked to the middle of the room and turned to face her. He wore one of his signature plaid shirts with jeans and shoved his hands into his pockets.

Stiles gnawed on his bottom lip, thinking about his words carefully. He opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

Sierra raised her eyebrows. "I'll go ahead," she told him with a sigh, realizing he wouldn't be speaking anytime soon.

Stiles pursed his lips but nodded.

"I was just wondering if Scott was back to normal?" she asked, crossing her arms over her chest. "You know, because of the full moon and everything. He was acting really strange and not at all like himself."

"Tell me about it," Stiles muttered but assured her Scott was fine. "That's actually who I wanted to talk to you about," he said with a slight cough.

Sierra tilted her head, patiently waiting for him to continue.

"It's just, he told me something, and I wanted to know if it was true," the boy rambled and finally just looked into her eyes. "Do you like Scott?"

Startled, it took Sierra a second to process the question. Her blue eyes widened out of surprise. "Hold on, what?"

Thinking she was avoiding the question, Stiles exhaled deeply. "I know you kissed him, Sierra. Scott told me about how you got all handsy in the office and—"

Sierra cut him off immediately with her eyes narrowed. "Hold on, what?" she questioned again, harsher than before. "He told you I kissed him?"

Stiles nodded, not caring that anyone could tell how disappointed he was. "I just wish you told me you liked him," he stated. "Just know I don't approve of it at all, especially since he dated your friend—"

"I do not like Scott," she interjected with a glare and put her hands on her hips. "And I didn't kiss him, Stiles. He trapped me in the office, asking me about Allison."

Sierra winced at the horrible memory, rubbing her arm as if that would erase the awful feeling. "I tried to push him off, but then he kissed me. He only backed off because I slapped him."

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh," Sierra mocked and walked over to her bed to sit. She glanced up at him. "Did you honestly think I would do that to Allison?" she inquired, and when he didn't instantly respond, she got her answer.

Stiles watched silently as her face fell, causing his heart to ache. "

I thought you knew me better than that," she mumbled quietly and wiped her eye with her shirt.

"Sierra," Stiles started, but she held up her hand.

Her voice was sharp though her fingers were shaking. "Don't," she replied coldly. She stood up again and faced her best friend. "Do you know what it's like to have your first kiss stolen from you?" Sierra asked as a tear ran down her cheek. "Having someone you trust force you to do something you don't want to do?"

Stiles moved closer, but she kept her distance.

"I thought you were going to apologize," she told him with a shake of her head. "Not come in my house, in my room, and accuse me of kissing our best friend."

"I did come to apologize," Stiles replied desperately, but Sierra scoffed in disbelief. He stood, his heart breaking again as she didn't listen.

"If you did, that's what you would've said as soon as I opened the door," she snapped, feeling just as broken as she did Wednesday night. Sierra blinked back her tears and sniffled. "Please, just go," Sierra said to him and pointed to her blue curtains. "You can leave through the window to avoid Jemma if you want, but just go home."

Stiles repeated her name again, but she didn't say anything. Defeated, he walked by her towards the window. He paused midstride right in front of her. Gently bringing his hands to her cheeks, he leaned forward and softly pressed his lips on her forehead.

Sierra closed her eyes and released a shaky breath.

"I'm sorry," he whispered and wrapped his arms around her small frame. The dirty blonde felt more tears threatening to pool over. After her horrible afternoon, she wanted nothing more than to hug him back.

However, when she felt herself giving in, Stiles pulled away with glistening eyes. "I'm sorry for everything," he apologized earnestly, knowing it was coming way too late. He raised to his feet and cast one more glance at the girl before climbing out the window to head home.

Once she knew he was gone entirely, Sierra couldn't hide the pain she was in anymore. Tears dripped down her face, and her nose became stuffy as she cried into her hands.

"Hey, I wanted to check in on how things were going with you two—" Jemma cut herself off, her little sister crying in the middle of her bedroom. "Oh, Sierra!"

She rushed over and pulled the teenager into her arms. The only reason Stiles had even been allowed in is that Jemma thought the two could make up. She didn't mean to make the situation worse.

Sierra buried her head in her sister's shoulder, letting everything out.

The video store, the school, Scott kissing her, her fight with Stiles, her nightmares...all the pain she had pushed down was brought to the surface because of a small confrontation.

Jemma stroked Sierra's hair while she cried and gently closed her own dark eyes before rocking their bodies back and forth. Sierra hated feeling this broken and just clutched onto her sister in hopes that by letting it out, her pain would go away. Little did they know, Stiles hadn't closed the window and his heart cracked as he witnessed the whole thing.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Sierra went out of her way to avoid Scott and Stiles more than before for the next few days.

In classes they shared, she sat on the other side of the room. Stiles wasn't her lab partner anymore in chemistry; Mr. Harris allowed her to switch to Danny's partner while Scott worked with Stiles. She ate with Allison and Lydia at lunch and actively hid whenever the boys entered the cafeteria.

The two girls were probably the only ones who understood why, even if they didn't know the whole truth. Lydia even offered to drive her home when Jemma worked late so she didn't have to ride with Stiles.

Sierra just couldn't look at the boys without feeling hurt.

"Hey, Sierra, can we talk?"

The girl froze when Scott's voice entered her ears. During free period, she retreated to a table in the library to get a jump on her homework. Usually, the boys never entered the place, so she thought she would be safe.

Sierra met the teen wolf's eyes. The corners of his lips dipped into a frown, and he gripped the straps of his backpack as he nervously awaited her response.

Before Sierra spoke, she glanced around and noticed quite a few people — all studying or lost in conversations with their friends. But still, she remained unsure. "I, uh, don't think that's a good idea."

"Please?" Scott tried again, his eyes swirling with sorrow. "I owe you an apology, a big one. You don't have to forgive me; you never have to talk to me again, but I-I need to say this."

Sierra held his eye for a moment. She remembered growing up together in a flash — teasing Stiles, playing hide and seek in his backyard, baking cookies, racing against him at recess, the cheers he and Stiles emitted when Jemma taught her how to ride a bike. Scott had been in her life for a long time.

Maybe that's why she eventually dipped her head into a nod, allowing him to sigh in relief and slide into the seat beside her.

Scott put his backpack at his feet and turned sideways so he could look her in the eye. His hands fiddled together in his lap as he thought about how to start while she looked at him, expectant.

Then, Scott swallowed the lump in his throat.

"I'm sorry," he blurted out. "I'm so, so sorry for what I did to you. There is," he shook his head. "There's no excuse for what I did. You're my best friend; actually, you're like a sister, and the fact that I kissed you, especially after you told me to stop, and I know how you were waiting for your first kiss, and I just—I can't, I mean," Scott huffed when his words jumbled together.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I just, I need you to know that."

Sierra remained quiet.

Scott's head dipped in disappointment. "I'll, uh, I'll let you get back to studying," he excused and went to stand.

Then, Sierra sighed. "Scott?"

He quickly turned back around. "Yeah?"

"What you did was not okay," she stated first, making his face fall.

"I know."

"But I'm willing to forgive you."

His head shot up, and his eyes widened. "Really?"

Sierra cracked a grin as she nodded once. "Well, yeah," she replied. "You mean a lot to me, too, and I don't want this one thing to ruin our friendship." She hesitated over her following words. "But I don't think I'm ready yet, to be involved in the supernatural world. I still need time."

"And I will respect that, I promise," Scott swore.

Typically, Scott would wrap his best friend into a hug but didn't want to press his luck. Instead, he held out his fist.

Sierra's grin stretched, and she bumped her hand against his.

It was a small action that told Scott that, even though times were tough right now, his friendship with Sierra would be okay.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Stiles had always wondered how it would feel to be in a high-speed car chase, and while sitting in the passenger seat of Derek's car with Scott driving like a maniac, he realized it wasn't as cool as the movies.

He glanced in the rearview mirror and saw the car that was on the sleek black car's bumper had disappeared.

"They're gone," he stated in confusion to the teen wolf.

Scott continued to drive quickly just in case, and Stiles glanced at the police radio in his hand. Flicking it on, they realized why the hunters stopped following them.

"All units, the suspect is on foot heading to the Iron Works," the sheriff informed seriously.

The shaggy-haired boy sped past the colorful storage units while Stiles kept his eyes peeled for the grumpy beta.

"There!"

Scott hit the brakes, and Stiles urged Derek to jump in quickly while Chris Argent reloaded his gun. Derek dodged many bullets fired in his direction and leaped into his car, allowing Scott to press the gas and peel away.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott demanded with his hands on the wheel.

"Damnit, I had him!" Derek yelled in frustration, and Stiles leaned forward with wide eyes, now in the backseat.

"Who, the alpha?"

"Yes," Derek replied grumpily and cursed under his breath. "He was right in front of me before the freaking police showed up."

Offended because his dad was the sheriff, Stiles held up his hand. "Woah, hey. They're just doing their jobs."

Derek glared at the pale boy, who slightly shrunk back.

The Hale turned his focus to the teenager driving, not biting back his hatred for, once again, getting accused of murder. "Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state!"

"Can we seriously get passed that?" Scott asked loudly in annoyance.

Stiles changed the subject to calm the werewolves and asked Derek how he found the alpha.

When the beta stayed quiet, the boys were bitter that he wouldn't trust them for half a second.

Sighing, Derek decided there wasn't a point in hiding anything. "Look, the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out," he shared. "She found two things; the first was a guy named Harris."

Leaning forward, Stiles raised his eyebrows in disbelief. "Our chemistry teacher?" He always thought something was wrong with the mean man and wasn't surprised to find out he was somehow involved with the supernatural.

Scott asked next why the guy was so essential, but Derek didn't have an answer yet. The teen wolf glanced at the adult momentarily before he shifted his eyes back to the road. "What was the second thing?" he questioned curiously.

Derek opened up a small ripped piece of paper with a random symbol resembling a pendant.

Scott closed his brown eyes with a groan at sight, making the other beta demand where he's seen it before. "Allison's necklace," he revealed, aggravated; of course, it had to be a necklace from the Argent family.

Stiles's cell phone rang just then, and he was surprised to see Sierra's name flash across the screen. "Hello?" he answered slowly and exchanged looks with Scott in the rearview mirror.

"Hey," Sierra replied softly and began nervously pacing around her room. "I'm sorry I calling you late, but since our last conversation didn't go so well, I didn't think this one would be any better," she rambled aimlessly and tugged on her earlobe.

She didn't want to admit that a phone call hadn't been her first option. After further conversation with Jemma, without mentioning the supernatural, she realized the boys meant too much to her. She did have goals in life, yes, but they meant nothing if she couldn't do them with her best friends.

"Sierra," Stiles cut off with furrowed brows, and both Derek and Scott looked at the boy weirdly. Ignoring the stares, he kept his attention on the dirty blonde. "Is everything okay?" he asked her, leaning back against the leather seats.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine," she stuttered. "I just think we really need to talk, you know? One without me crying like a baby." She chuckled forcefully, waiting for a response. Her eyes flickered over to her window, where she could see his across the lawn. Once she saw that the shades were drawn and the light was off, her blue eyes widened. "Oh my god," Sierra exclaimed. "I didn't wake you up, did I?"

"No, no," Stiles assured her, a small smile on his face because she still cared about him. However, his expression faded when he remembered she said they needed to talk. What could she possibly say that she hadn't said already? Not wanting to have his heart break again, he sighed.

Sierra bit her lip hearing this and wondered if she had said something wrong.

"Sierra now isn't a good time," he told her awkwardly, avoiding the many glances Scott was sending him.

Sierra stopped walking around her room and almost dropped her cellphone. Putting it back up against her ear, she couldn't stop the frown forming on her lips. "Oh," she exhaled and cleared her throat after shaking her head. "That's okay, I guess. I'm sorry to bother you then."

"Wait, I didn't mean—" Stiles tried to keep her from ending the call but was too late. Angry at his stupidity, he shoved his phone back in his pocket and buried his head in his hands. "I'm an idiot," he groaned, not really to anyone in particular.

"You got that right," Derek scoffed from the passenger seat and Scott nodded in agreement. They had heard everything Sierra said thanks to their super senses.

Stiles glared harshly at the werewolves, not finding the comment amusing.

"Stiles, you've been dying to talk to her since last Wednesday. It's been over a week," Scott stated obviously to his best friend and shook his head. "She finally comes to speak to you once, and you shove her away. I don't get it."

"Last time we talked, she ended up crying because of me," Stiles replied bitterly.

Scott thought for a moment, remembering when the pale boy told him about Sierra crying to Jemma. "She's been through a lot these past few weeks, Stiles. Of course, she's going to get upset; I mean, she saw a dead person, almost died at the school and the video store, and continuously had nightmares even before those things happened."

Derek's ears perked curiously at the information. "She never told Jemma about her nightmares?"

"Why do you care?" Stiles dared to ask before he shook his head. "And it doesn't even matter. The video store and school events happened because of me."

Derek shook his head, "No, they happened because of the alpha. It's his fault, not yours."

"And we kept lying about the truth," Scott agreed, still driving. "Not to mention, I kissed her without her consent."

"You did what now?"

Scott ignored Derek, looking at Stiles in the rearview mirror. "You said you apologized when you went to her house, and I think Jemma may have played a part in getting her to talk to you. She loves you, Stiles, and can't be mad at you forever. She forgave me when I told her I was sorry at school the other day."

"But has she actually talked to you other than that?" Stiles asked with a quirked-up eyebrow. "She doesn't want to be involved in the supernatural, Scott. I have to respect that."

"But that doesn't mean you have to end things on a bad note," Scott stated firmly.

"You need to clear the air, dude, and let her decide what she wants to do."

*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Scott and Stiles entered school the next day conversing about the necklace.

Derek wanted it but the young beta didn't know how to get it.

"Why don't you just talk to her?" Stiles questioned.

"She won't talk to me," Scott complained in a slight groan before he smirked at his best friend. "I'll talk to her if you talk to Sierra."

"That has nothing to do with this conversation," Stiles replied with narrowed eyes, daring him to continue bringing up the dirty blonde.

Scott's brown eyes landed on something behind them, and he couldn't help but chuckle at the irony.

"What?" Stiles demanded, annoyed.

"Nothing," Scott feigned innocence, and when the boy with a buzz-cut glared at him, he shrugged. "I just find it funny because she's literally walking towards us."

Stiles widened his eyes out of surprise and spun on his heel to see if he was lying. "What?"

However, Scott was telling the truth. Sierra walked with her school books pressed against her chest, decked out in a simple pair of jeans and a T-shirt, while a soft smile overtook her lips because of something Lydia had told her.

Stiles sucked in a breath at the sight of her blue eyes and blinked to refocus on the situation.

"You need to get the necklace," he told Scott and explained he needed to bring it up slowly after getting on Allison's good side.

This way, he was rebuilding the trust he broke before. Scott needed to get the necklace, get cured, then get Allison back.

"I still think you should talk to her," Scott repeated what he's been saying the past couple of days and Stiles rolled his eyes.

Stiles took a step away from his friend, claiming to not hear him. But as he did so, his body collided with another's. Every other time he's run into someone accidentally, it had always been a stranger, which made it easy to apologize. Yet, the world was out to get him and Stiles cursed under his breath after he whirled around to see Sierra. She stumbled and automatically his arms shot out to steady her.

"S-Sierra," he stuttered awkwardly and then realized he was still holding her. He let his hands drop and continued to be speechless, uttering out random sounds that didn't even form words. Sierra stared at him in confusion, not knowing why he couldn't speak properly. "I'm just gonna, um," Stiles paused and motioned dramatically behind him, now walking backwards. "Yeah, this way, I'm going- I'm leaving, so....yeah."

He abruptly turned around and rushed down the hallway to create space between him and the Sierra.

She watched his retreat and raised an eyebrow at the shaggy-haired boy standing in front of her.  "Is he okay?" she questioned in concern.

Scott nodded. "Yeah, he's just freaking about playing first line."

Sierra's jaw dropped slightly open and a wide grin overtook her lips. "He made first line? That's amazing, Scott." Her face slightly fell and the teenage boy tilted his head as he looked down at her.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," she answered with a small nod but the werewolf picked up on the lie as her heart skipped a beat.

"You're not still mad at me, are you?" Scott asked worriedly. "I hope you know Stiles hit me multiple times and I feel terrible about what happened—"

Sierra smiled kindly, "Scott, don't worry about it. I know you weren't yourself." There was a brief pause before she continued. "I've been a horrible friend to you and Stiles, if I'm being honest. Just because I was scared, I thought it would be best to push you guys away."

"I don't blame you," Scott told her sincerely and placed his hand on her shoulder for comfort. "Look, you've seen some scary stuff the past month or so, alright? I'd be more concerned if you accepted it without a second thought."

Sierra shook her head, only agreeing with half of his statement. "Yeah, but I shouldn't have blown up on you or Stiles like I did. The other night my sister helped me realize that it wasn't your fault that you got bitten. She doesn't know, don't worry, but Jemma gave me some really good advice. Both of you can't just work together by yourselves; you need help. I'm that from now on."

Scott grinned and hugged her quickly as the warning bell rung. They started walking to class and he asked her if they were good.

"We're good," Sierra assured but then cast her gaze to the floor. "I doubt Stiles and I are though."

"Stiles thinks you still need time," Scott informed her. "I've been begging him to talk to you but he's convinced that you hate him."

"I could never hate him," Sierra confessed. "I yelled at him out of fear for my life and what could happen if he got hurt. It's my turn to apologize for indirectly blaming him about what happened to me. It wasn't his fault and I just wish he would talk to me so I can tell him that. But, you saw how he acted in front of me just now, do you think our friendship will be okay?"

What Scott stated next allowed Sierra to exhale, allowing a sliver of hope to enter her chest.

"You're Stiles and Sierra; there's nothing that can break what you guys share with each other."

*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Scott couldn't calm himself down.

His hands were shaking, his mind reveling in the fact that his secret was no longer hidden. Jackson knew. Of all people that the shaggy-haired boy wanted to divulge his abilities to, the blonde lacrosse co-captain was not one.

Stiles demanded to know how he found out the truth, but Scott didn't have an answer to explain. "Did he say it out loud— the word?" Stiles inquired further and continued when his best friend gave him a weird glance. "Did he say, I know that you're a werewolf?"

Scott shook his head. "No, but he implied it freaking clearly."

Wanting to remain optimistic, Stiles then suggested it wasn't as bad as they thought; Jackson didn't have any proof, and who would believe a wild story like that?

"How about Allison's dad?" Scott reminded, his anxiety rising at the thought of Jackson telling Argent. They didn't know if Jackson knew about the hunters, but if he did and told them Scott was a beta, Stiles would wake up one day and find Scott's body disposed of. Scott needed a cure, and he needed it now.

Being the smart kid he was, Stiles devised another plan that would take some time and asked where Derek was now.

He was still hiding like they told him to, but Scott focused more on their lacrosse game tonight. It was Stiles's first game and the quarterfinals. Coach would undoubtedly have his head on a stick if Stiles missed it.

Stiles shook the thoughts away and told Scott to get the necklace before heading to his next class.

At lunch, the pair met up to discuss if anything's changed.

Scott hadn't managed to get Allison's necklace during third period. In fact, he made it worse by sending her pictures of them as a couple. It ended with her telling him not to talk to her, and Stiles sighed before questioning if he knew anything else.

"Just that I don't know anything about girls and that they're totally psychotic," Scott stated, slightly aggravated.

Stiles disagreed, his eyes locked on a figure across the room. "Not all girls," he replied softly, and his best friend followed his gaze to see Sierra sitting by herself, her lunch box open but abandoned as she quietly read a novel.

Scott looked at the boy pitifully, and that was when Stiles snapped out of it.

He turned his body, so the girl wasn't even in the corner of his eyes and faced the teen wolf. "Just steal the stupid thing," Stiles told him, wanting the whole ordeal to end.

"What about Harris?"

Stiles informed him that their mean chemistry teacher was on a twenty-four-hour lockdown due to his father. The necklace was the only other lead; if the only way to retrieve it was to steal, they'd have to live with it.

Scott eventually agreed, seeing as they didn't have another choice, but tensed when he saw Jackson staring at them with a stupid smirk on his face.

"Stiles," Scott whispered, getting freaked out. "He's staring at us."

After Stiles saw the blonde being a creep, they kept their eyes toward the table to avoid eye contact.

Scott's face twisted up as he could hear Jackson's whispers, even from across the cafeteria.

Jackson knew he could hear him.

"What's wrong?" Stiles questioned in concern.

Scott shared the information in a panic and demanded that his best friend talks to him so Jackson wouldn't get to him.

Stiles's mind went blank for the first time since he was born; he hated thinking under pressure and took some heat off himself by pointing out Jackson wasn't sitting at the table anymore.

The shaggy-haired beta scanned the room hurriedly, his heart rate rising as he tried to find where Jackson had disappeared.

Stiles watched, concerned but confused, as his best friend froze again.

"Yes," Scott whispered aloud, answering a question Jackson tried to taunt him with. His hand tightened around the small water bottle on his tray as he tried to not get angry.

Stiles noticed the action and looked at the teen's face to see his brown eyes narrowed into a glare and his lip twitching. "Scott, you can't let him do this," he advised worriedly. "You can't let him have this kind of power over you."

Scott closed his eyes and gripped the sides of his tray, which slightly shook as he grew angrier. He clenched his jaw, knowing he was letting Jackson win by talking about Allison. Then, his left arm jerked, and his tray crashed against the table loudly.

Everybody turned to him at the sound, including Sierra, who noticed how mad her friend looked— even from the other side of the cafeteria.

Jackson smirked from the vending machine, only growing more arrogant and confident at how Scott sent him a murderous glare.

The blonde was determined to get the bite and had no trouble taunting the pathetic little werewolf to get what he wanted.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

After what she witnessed at lunch, Sierra was determined to speak with Stiles Stilinski even if it was the last thing she would do.

She needed to apologize to him for how she insulted and accused him of lying to her in the future or getting her killed. She knew she had made a mistake and was ready to make it right.

Also, something was going on that Scott didn't tell her about. The boy looked like he was about to shift in front of their entire class earlier, and she wanted to help in whatever way possible.

After school, she quickly ran to her room to ditch her backpack before she marched over to the Stilinski home. The door opened just as Sierra raised her fist and revealed Noah dressed in a plaid shirt and a brown coat. "Hey, Sierra," he greeted her kindly. "I haven't seen you in a while. Is everything okay with you and Stiles?"

Though the dirty blonde promised she would never lie to the sheriff, she couldn't ruin the man's good mood. "Everything's fine," she assured convincingly. "I just need to talk to him about something."

"That's perfectly fine with me," the adult replied with a grin. "He's been kind of mopey lately; maybe you can cheer him up."

Sierra felt a jab in her chest, knowing his son's sadness was her fault for being so mean but simply nodded to say she could try.

"Are you coming tonight to see him play?" the sheriff asked, his blue eyes shining proudly at the fact that his son was finally getting a chance on the field.

Because of seeing Noah so happy, Sierra decided that she would go to the game, no matter how her talk went with her best friend. "I wouldn't miss it for the world," she promised.

Noah then checked his watch and glanced back at the girl on his porch. "I'm sorry, but I have to check up on something. Stiles is in his room, so you're welcome to go up there."

Sierra thanked him and waved goodbye before softly closing the front door behind her. A deep sigh escaped her lips while she stared at the steps nervously and realized it was now or never.

Once Sierra arrived at his closed bedroom door, she knocked twice and stepped back. Her lip almost bled at how hard she bit down on it as she awaited his answer.

"Dad, now isn't really a good time," Stiles stated in annoyance from inside, and Sierra heard him walk over to the door. She stood with a slight smile as it swung open, and the boy's light brown eyes widened in surprise.

"Sierra," he stated breathily, his body tensing at the sight of her.

Remembering what he hid from his dad, he didn't want the dirty blonde in front of him to find out about it. He pulled the door closer to his chest to hide his bedroom. "Wh-what are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you," she told him seriously, her tone heavy and firm. "Your dad let me in."

Stiles muttered under his breath, "Of course he did."

Sierra furrowed her eyebrows, confused at his snide comment.

He raised his voice slightly to properly reply, "Now's not the best time."

"Why?"

It was an honest question that Sierra needed the answer to. That was his excuse on the phone last night, and he hadn't said a simple sentence to her all day. Every time they made eye contact, he'd stumble over his words before rushing away.

She wanted to know what was going on.

"Trust me, you don't want to know," Stiles responded exasperatedly.

He wanted to talk to her, oh god, he just wanted to hug her, but he was in an awkward and horrible situation that she didn't need to be involved in.

"Stiles," she warned slowly, knowing he was hiding something from her.

A chill went down his spine, but he gulped and avoided looking her in the eye while her arms crossed over her chest.

"Why can't I go into your room?"

"Because you told me you didn't want to be involved," he confessed, and Sierra pursed her lips.

"Open the door," she instructed.

Stiles didn't try to move, and she narrowed her eyes.

"If you don't open this door, I swear I will tell everyone at school you peed your pants on It's A Small World at Disney last summer."

Stiles dropped his jaw slightly at the threat and immediately started to protest.

Done with playing games, Sierra plowed past him, and the door slammed back against the wall.

Stiles went to grab her, but it was already too late.

Sierra froze as her blue eyes landed on a tall figure wearing a familiar leather jacket while the boy next to her waited for her to explode.

"Derek?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.2K 2.1K 28
The last thing James "Jay" Hale ever imagined was to begrudgingly return to Beacon Hills, find out his older sister was murdered, and then be forced...
6.6K 232 29
A single choice changes the whole story. Stiles moved away from the flashlights and cadaver dogs as he wasn't necessarily excited to get caught by hi...
5.9K 210 26
"Stiles," she said quietly and began shaking her head. "Please, let's not talk about it." "No, Maya, I need to talk about it. I-if I don't have a c...