Tears of A Soldier(BWWM)

By TwistedGirl85

In 2018 the world enter into World War 3. No one remembers how it started. All anyone seems to remember were... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
AN
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TO ME!!!!
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Author Note
Chapter Twenty-one
Inbox Me For Help....
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
C24(AN)
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Me
Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty-One

3.8K 143 35
By TwistedGirl85

Colony Six: Military District ( Underground Secret Base)

'' What the hell kind of question is that?'' Christian demanded. Green eyes blazing. '' Why do you continually mention Raven to me? She means nothing to me. I just met her yesterday for the first time.''

'' It's just a question.'' Caleb shrugged.

''It's irrelevant.''

''It's more relevant than you think.'' He said. His tone held an underlying message.

Christian ignored it. Probably more lies. '' Raven is just a job that was given.'' Why did that feel like a lie? '' No more, no less.'' Well, she was just a job until he found out that her father was the leader of the fucking Rebillons. That's probably why it felt like a lie, the moment he found out who her father was she automatically turned enemy. An enemy that would be killed. Something tightens in his chest.

Left eyebrow raised, Caleb ask. '' Then why the anger when I mention her?''

'' I was not-''

Caleb interrupts him. '' And when I told you about my mission to kill her your body stiffen like you wanted to attack me again.'' He paused only to smirk and add. '' Or at least try to attack me again. Your first attempt was less than successful.'' He knew he was pissing the proud Halo off. He needed that anger from him.

It was working. Christian was seething. He was used to receiving respect. Yet Caleb was treating him like an untrained soldier. Taunting him. Baiting him. Trying to Rattled him up. Why? What would he stand to gain from it? Maybe to get him to react again? Christian hate to admit it but attacking him would be unsuccessful. Even though he was skeptical of Caleb's history as a true Halo, he clearly had training and with himself bound he would have to wait until circumstances were more in his favor. So he chose to ignore his taunts. For now.

He instead focused on the first part of what Caleb said. 'Why the anger when I mention her?' Instantly, he went to deny it. To remind Caleb that it was not emotions that caused him to attack but his instincts, but at the same time, he had to ask himself, if it was his battle instincts why would they have surfaced so strongly for her?

The sudden need to protect her confused him. Raven is of no importance to him. Hell, she was of no importance to anyone. She lived in a district of ne'er-do-wells and valueless people that offered no assistance to their colony. In a word they were useless. She was useless. Not to mention knowing who her father really was. Knowing all this his body still reacted without thinking when Caleb mention harming or holding her. Just like earlier when she became hysterical over the bugs he didn't think, just reacted. Weapons were aimed at him as he fought to be by her side. To help her. Soothe her.

Why? Why does this child-women affect him so much?

Christian, for the first time in his life, was truly bewildered. He didn't know what to think. Had no answers to his or Caleb questions. There had to be a logical explanation to why he reacted so unlike himself. He just didn't know what it was.

As if reading his mind Caleb spoke. '' The thought of me or anyone else touching or harming her sent you into a jealous rage. You were jealous at the thought of me touching her and pissed at the thought of me harming her. All of this is because you have developed feelings for Raven.''

'' No. Your wrong'' Christian repudiated. ''How can I have feelings for her when there is nothing inside of me that would allow it? You said you were a Halo, right? you know we feel nothing but the need to fight and protect the order.''

''True. Then again you and Nathaniel are not like other Halo's.'' Caleb said.

Christian frown. What the hell was he talking about? He voiced his thought.

Caleb didn't immediately answer. He instead stared at him. As if pondering something deep. A minute passed. Then another. Christian's tolerance was waning. Fast.

Just when he was about to demand an answer Caleb spoke. '' Did you know that Mary and Eric were once revered, scientist? Actually, Mary is the inverter of the serum that is used on Halo's and Eric was the geneticist who helped create healthy baby Haloes. Both were and still is top in their field.''

The fuck! Scientists. Raven's parents were fucking scientists? '' Lies,'' Christian said shaking his head. Unable to believe. '' Their reports stated nothing of the sort.'' Then again the report seemed to be lacking a lot of information, he thought. He pushed that thought aside.

Chuckling Caleb stepped closer to him. Caleb was a couple inches taller so Christian had to tip his head back a little to look him in the eyes. Leaning in Caleb asked. '' Did you never question why three perfectly healthy females were placed in the ineffective district or why Raven and Annika never went through the breeding program?''

'' No. It's not my duty to question. Only to serve.'' True be told he did wonder why but he would die before admitting it to him. '' They were placed there for a reason.''

Leaning back Caleb folded his arms and nodded as if in agreement. '' They were placed there for a reason. Just not for the reasons you might expect.''

Growing tired of the back and front Christian growl. Caleb looks at him amused. '' Is this how they got you to join by asking excessive questions until you caved? Because as maddening as these questions are you will never get me to betray my oath.''

'' Ah, the famous Halo oath. What was it again?'' Caleb looked up while tapping his chin in thought. Christian narrowed his eyes. Waiting to see if he truly knew it. '' Let's see it went something like this.'' Clearing his throat, Caleb looked Christian straight in the eyes and recited the sacred oath.

' I solemnly do swear as a Halo to always defend with my life and soul the commands of the Watchmen. To respect, follow, protect and enforce the laws of the Colony. To kill all enemies that threaten the order the Watchmen has establish. To never betray my brothers and honor. As long as there is breathe in me.'

Finishing Caleb smirk. Christian wanted to bash his stolen face into the ground.

Turning away from him Caleb looked towards Dallas and Audwine, they had been leaning against the dirt wall watching the exchange the whole time. Christian had forgotten they were even there. '' Go get the video,'' Caleb command and turned back to Christian.

'' Even though you did not answer my question truthfully I will show you what Annika and Raven are to you and Nathaniel.''

***************************************************

I am so sorry about the long wait to update but I was having a bad case of writer's block. I kept writing the action scenes from the next chapter. I can't wait to post that one next. Trust me you will love it. Anyway, Christian is about to see how it all begun. How he and Nate became involved with Annika and Raven. Plus a little extra.

I wonder if he will believe? He is stubborn. Lol. Next chapter is long. Nate and Annika will be back, so that means Melody will leave for now. Yayyyyyyyyy. Lol. Lots of sexual content to so be ready for that.

******************************

And now for an update about me and crazy Danny.

This man tricked me. How? I will tell you. Last month he asked me if I wanted to go camping. Again. Now I say again because for years he has been asking me to go. Now I am from New Jersey. And black. So no my ass has never been or wanted to camp. Anyways, Last month he said '' Naya, I will give you two choices a baby or camping?'' Like seriously those are some f**ked up choices. I mean damn. I want kids but not yet, so I chose CAMPING. Now he assured me it would be safe and beautiful with a nice fire and everything. I was not about to go alone with him and his annoying best friend so I blackmailed my little sister, keria, to come. I know bad but hey if I suffer I will not be alone in it.

We drive to Lewis Mountain Campground. It was beautiful. Magical looking. It really was. But... There were no freaking Cabins or log cabins, whatever they're called. NONE. The man expected us to sleep in a tent on dirt with wild animals around. There wasn't even people around. Just the four of us. Hell to the No. So we, as in me and keria, start bitching. Jack, his best friend, aka asshole, said. '' Ah, is the rough Jersey girl scared Jason gonna come and get you.'' See what I mean by asshole. Anyway, of course, my ass was scared that Jason might come us. And with my luck, I would be the first one butchered. And my loving husband starts laughing. Yup, I wanted to kill them. After about an hour of arguing I fold. Danny promised me something BIG. I would say what it was but I am sure yall don't want to know. Lol. He also assured me that there were no wild animals. Lies but I will get to that.

Anyway, then he said we would have to hike for about an hour to get to the campsite. Lies. It took about three. So of course, my legs are about to fall off and the bugs. Omg, don't get me started on the bugs. Finally, we arrived and you guys would never believe what happens.

To be cont.... I'm sleepy, sorry. Lol. I will tell you next update.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 120 17
The war has been won. With the help of the combined forces of the "No Pats" and the US, the world started to rebuild after World War 3. The failed st...
War: A Business By yeet

Science Fiction

954 139 81
"Why we have gone to war? Is it because of fighting for a cause? To change the world?To rule the world? To be remembered in history? Or for pleasure...
Akropolis By hcedwards

Science Fiction

127 16 9
"Any thought you ever had; memories, desires, your fears and your dreams, are all recorded and stored safely in the Quantum Cloud for your eventual r...
9.5K 339 36
Humanity used to thrive in 2035 until a group of scientists started playing God. This science team was recruited by all the top world leaders and the...